Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:15 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Happy and Grateful Thread

My gosh... I couldn't find the old one... that's how long it's been since we've been grateful for anything.
I was just grateful for something, which made me realize that we're all feeling MIGHTY *****y lately (I'm right up there with the rest of you), and maybe we need to take a little look at the good stuff in our lives for a change of pace.

Okay, I'll start.

My dear sister just sent me a very sweet email. She's terribly busy and stressed right now (teacher with house renovations), but knows this is a bad time of year for me, and wanted to make sure I was all right. And she told me I'm not nuts. (which isn't true, but it was very sweet of her to say so.)
Old 01-30-2004, 09:16 PM   #2  

Oh! One more thing! I'm VERY grateful that my damned period only lasted 3 days instead of the usual 6! (come ON menopause!)
Old 01-30-2004, 09:34 PM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis, hon, you are nuts, but not in a bad way! And thank you for starting this up again.

I am grateful that I HAVE a job to about.

I am also grateful for munchkin hugs and kisses.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:03 AM   #4  
Waisting away

Thanks for this thread Ellis.

Sometimes we forget just how lucky we are. I'm grateful for a lot of things, even those things I ***** about. Let's see...I have a good job, a cute house, a nice car, a wacky but wonderful husband, a totally dysfunctional family that I love....

Well, that's good for now I'd say.

Old 01-31-2004, 01:34 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Oh! One more thing! I'm VERY grateful that my damned period only lasted 3 days instead of the usual 6! (come ON menopause!)
Oh, man. I'm grateful that mine never lasts for more than three days.

For me it's two or three days, and no cramps. I don't know how some of you girls survive with what you get every month.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:10 AM   #6  

Lets see.. I'm thankful for a lot of things... my sweet boyfriend, my job, my house that I just bought, my sister... and of course all of my wonderful friends
Old 01-31-2004, 09:36 AM   #7  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I am so thankful for ny lil' ones. and my DH.. friends and to be able to wake another day and live life..
Old 01-31-2004, 10:41 AM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am happy and grateful that I have a loving, supportive man who makes me laugh everyday as my husband and partner in crime ; for wonderful parents; for our best friends who have been with us through thick and thin; for our circle of kooky/oddball good hearted friends that we have had good times with over the years; for my Alternachick friends (who I laugh with some days -cry with on others- and who sometimes make me laugh until I cry and my ribs hurt ) ;for being in good health; for having a roof over my head and food on the table and for living in one of the safer parts of the world
Old 01-31-2004, 06:43 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I'm grateful that I am still alive, if not really kicking.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:49 PM   #10  
a new me, I soon will be

Oh, I definately need this after my "b#thcy" week.

I'm thankful that I have friends and family who let me vent even if they don't agree with or don't even know what's going on in my life.

I'm extremely thankful for my wonderful sister. There were many times in my life that I thought we would never be able to stand each other, but now she has become my best friend. She supports me, and even told me this week that she hopes she will be as good a teacher as I am. (sniff, sniff)
Old 01-31-2004, 10:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Grateful that my son was not hurt in the car accident he was in last night. He spun out on icy roads and hit another car (pickup actually) and no one was hurt. My son is 17. All is well. Whew.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:19 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Glad that your son is okay Cheryl
Old 02-01-2004, 04:04 AM   #13  

Oh, Cheryl... I'm so glad your DS (and everyone else) is alright.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:17 AM   #14  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Cherly,
So glad to hear your son is okay!
I am grateful for sobriety#1, because it allows me to enjoy all the other things I am so grateful for, and all the people inthe AA program. I am grateful that tomorrow night will be 4 weeks since I quit smoking and have had not one puff since. I am sooo grateful for my hubby and children. They are great. My friends are the best in the world, always there for me.
I am grateful for my job,which gives me a sense of worth and belonging. I am even grateful for the things thatmay go wrong throughout my week, because they only makeme stronger. I am grateful forthe soldiers fighting inforeign lands for our freedom and the freedom of others. Lets never forget the ones who do not make it back alive, and pray that the rest will come home alive.
I am grateful too, for warm cuddly pets. They are selfish in their own rights, however, give us hours of enjoyment. I want to get my own cuddly dog, just a small lap dog. Kids each have a cat and hubby has his big beautiful Buddy (dog) but I want my own cuddly baby. But for now I will be grateful for the ones we have.
I am grateful for the daily things too we take for granite like breathing, walking, laughing, talking, loving and being loved back. Gee, I am really sappy today, but I do mean it. I am justso grateful, Thank you Ellis for bringing back this thread.
Virginia
Old 02-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

I am also grateful that my OTHER son whos' away at college had the insight to see that he was sicker than 'just a cold' and seek help at the campus clinic for what turned out to be STREP and MONO, a couple of days ago. And of course, his girl;friend has it too, so he urged her to go get med attn. Both of themn are receiving treatment for the strep, and resting (finally) to shake the mono. ThEY are 20, but you know........ I worry some.....
It's good to see them grow up enough to take care of themselves and recognize when soemthing's 'not right'.
Closed Thread