Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 02:53 PM   #31  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

and sometimes i wonder what happened to my great sense of style? such a jeans and t shirts girl i am. actually pajama pants are my daily wear. jeans are for dressing up. lol
Old 03-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I am now a dress and 3-inch heels chick and I wear earthier colored lipstick, and my normal brown hair. I guess I have no style now either. My DD is the style queen now. Got sent to the office last year (3rd grade) for mixing up blue lipstick in the bathroom, putting it on AND sticking silver stars on the corners of her eyes. I can't imagine what the teenage years will bring.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:26 PM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique
My DD is the style queen now. Got sent to the office last year (3rd grade) for mixing up blue lipstick in the bathroom, putting it on AND sticking silver stars on the corners of her eyes. I can't imagine what the teenage years will bring.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:52 PM   #34  
Rattie Lover

Quote:

BTW I went to the simulcast of Prince's opening night concert in LA on Monday night. That was one of the BEST concerts I have ever seen. That man knows he is talented.
I AM UTTERLY JEALOUS!!!

I wanted to go to his concert up in Phoenix but no one will go with me!! I wish some of you girls lived closer...we could go and have a girls night out!! Dinner...concert...80's style. Cept no jelly shoes for me. Those things gave me blisters!! "Lets Go Crazyyy...Let's Get Nuts....Look For The Purple Banana Until They Load Us In The Truck.." ahhhhh... 1 of my favorite movies too. "Whats the password, ONIONHEAD?!"
Old 03-31-2004, 05:28 PM   #35  

Noodles, I so wish you were here cause guess what? I also copped 8 tickets for his live performance in June in Detroit. That concert sold out in 15 minutes but I got mine! I'm not sure if I should wear the fur drawers, bandana and trench coat like he did on the Dirty Mind album or the purple trench coat with the studs on it and the super ruffled shirt like on the 1999 album. We will see........

Tiki
Old 03-31-2004, 05:33 PM   #36  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Noodles, I so wish you were here cause guess what? I also copped 8 tickets for his live performance in June in Detroit. That concert sold out in 15 minutes but I got mine! I'm not sure if I should wear the fur drawers, bandana and trench coat like he did on the Dirty Mind album or the purple trench coat with the studs on it and the super ruffled shirt like on the 1999 album. We will see........

Tiki

OH don't tell me this!!!! :stomps feet: I wanna go!!! I was suppose to go to Detroit last August for Nationals, but since I was re-recovering from surgery (I was a bad girl and didn't sit still like told and added a few weeks onto my resting period) I didn't get to go. I had it all planned out too; my "Visit Detroit" books, etc. Sniffles...it is cheap to fly to Detroit though...we paid $200 for my ticket out of Phoenix...good thing they gave us a credit.

Go for the purple trench coat and studs and ruffled shirt!!! ya ya ya!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:17 AM   #37  

Quote:
Noodles, I so wish you were here cause guess what? I also copped 8 tickets for his live performance in June in Detroit.
Tiki
what was that blur? noodles flying straight to tiki? lol noodles patience you have until june.
Old 04-01-2004, 04:06 PM   #38  
a brave new me...

Arrow Back in the day...

Hey, I saw Prince in concert in 1990 (or maybe late 1989) in Minneapolis. He gave a last minute concert, the only one in the states before he was heading off on some European tour. Some friends slept in line to get tickets and somehow I managed to get one. It was really amazing... he is incredibly talented.

As far as clothing... I also sported the secondhand skirts/shirts/dresses stylishly matched with long johns and combat-like boots. I had lots of curly hair (permed) which I dyed various shades of red and orange and periodically shaved into pseudo-mohawks. Later my outfits morphed into the head to toe black (shirt, skirt, opaque tights) paired with black boots or pointy black shoes with big silver buckles. It sounds like a few of us would have hung out in high school and college. Back then it actually WAS rebellious to dress like that... now it seems like everyone in high school/college is wearing something which "back in the day" would've labeled you an outcast or freak. I can't even imagine what outrageous outfit you would have to wear to make a statement today. The other day I saw this seventeen year old wearing a Ramones t-shirt... I almost went up to him and asked him if he had actually ever listened to the Ramones. Those retro rock shirts are showing up everywhere these days. That and the big chunky 80's jewelry. Geez... I have a whole box of that crap stored somewhere around here. I guess there really isn't anything new under the sun.

Boy, I must be getting old... starting to complain and comment about "those kids these days"... HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #39  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
what was that blur? noodles flying straight to tiki? lol noodles patience you have until june.
Air Noodles... Non-Stop from Arizona To Michigan!! hahahahaha **sigh** Tiki...maybe you could sneak in a recorder... "Purple Rain..purple rain... I only wanted to see you bathing in the Purple Rain." lalaaaaaa Ok that's it..time to whip out the PRINCE CD!!!

But I heard about the Squitos in Detroit...man...I'd have to eat ALOT of garlic. Squitos hate garlic and wont bite you.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:34 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner

. The other day I saw this seventeen year old wearing a Ramones t-shirt... I almost went up to him and asked him if he had actually ever listened to the Ramones.
Boy, I must be getting old... starting to complain and comment about "those kids these days"... HAHAHAHAHA!
those kids. hehe
Old 04-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #41  

Squitos? I get bit maybe three times a year. Of course, I don't live on a lake either so that helps alot. I can't WAIT for the sagging jeans to go out of style. I am so tired of looking around and seeing some silly teens boxers or worse BAREBUTT! My son tried it once and he got the look of DEATH from me. Never tried it again.

Tiki
Old 04-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #42  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yes the "big pants" thing makes me laugh! I once saw a guy wearing his crotch at knee level trying to run for the bus - he looked so funny cause he couldn't bend his legs properly and keep his pants up at the same time - hysterical looking!

I hope the lowrider pants with the supertight croptop goes away too- all those little girls look like underage hoochie mama's.....and I do not need to know what colour thong they are wearing or see plumber's butt on a guy OR a girl!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #43  

mauvais : lol plumbers butt, a daily occurance here in my house. i swear my hubby was a plumber in a past life.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:26 PM   #44  
Mouth of the South

Goodness!
I must be getting old! All of the new wave/punk stuff from the 80's takes me back. My daughter just looks at me and rolls her eyes! The Cure, Depeche Mode, The Cult, Bahaus, The Clash, of course Queensryche will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart . That song "Shout" by Tears for Fears reminds me of my ex from High School! The first time I heard that song was in his room, and his parents weren't home, and we weren't doing homework if you get my drift! I will always love that song! Now from the late 80's to 90's STP, NIN, Metallica, Tonic, the list goes on, takes me back.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:46 AM   #45  
Queen of China

oh lord, a music thread!
lost in the 60's for sure, and a wierd mix of country and soul. Living in Michigan you were required to listen to CKLW! (canadian, I know) an hear the latest mo-town hits...'you got a smile so bright..ooo ooo...you know you should'a been a candle'
watching Robin Seymour every afernoon..waiting to hear the next Beatle song...damn, will we ever be that innocent again? Parents were into country and western at the time, so we listened to Cash, Haggard, Buck Ownes, Lorretta Lynn...'my D.I.V.O.R.C.E becomes final todayyyyyyyy'. For me, the flat brain wave of pop sounds is what saved me from myself. As long as I had that, and later Elton (even got the Empty Sky album, import from England..awsom!) Cat Stevens and Carly Simon. Now...everyting from Bessy Smith to Kid Rock...
Closed Thread