Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 12:14 AM   #31  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Talking

Count me in!

I'm 5 days on plan (started Monday, November 3,) and I'm thrilled to say that I'm doing really well so far. It goes without saying that some times are harder than others -- some moments are downright hellish -- but that's just it: they're moments.....that's all. I'm so proud of myself, I hope I can maintain this level of motivation and focus. I haven't weighed myself since Thursday, so my reported current weight should have changed (if there's a God, that is! ) but here are my stats as I know them:

Start weight: 270
Current weight: 266
Goal weight: 135

Between now and January 1, I'm committed to sticking with my current plan:
  • Walk or bike at least 30 minutes, at least 5 days per week
  • Take steps to add steps to my daily activities, ie. parking far, walking long way around office, making multiple trips up and down stairs, etc.
  • Log food, activities, and journal at fitday
  • Consume, on a weekly average, no more than 1800 calories a day
  • Drink at least 90 oz water daily
  • Eat at least 5 times/day
  • Never eat carbs without protein
  • Consume 20% fat max, on weekly average
  • Keep sodium below 2400 mg.
  • Stick to complex carbs throughout week
  • Allow option for one free, guilt-free meal per week
  • Eat 1-2 pieces of fruit every day
  • Keep daily fiber over 20 grams
  • Cut out wine during the week
  • Weigh myself only twice a week
  • Continue to work on my relationship with food, being conscious of it's purpose as fuel and nothing else
  • Get at least 7 hours sleep
As for weight loss goals, I'm hoping to reach my ultimate goal weight in 14 months. For the purposes of this challenge, I'm not sure what to reasonably expect. Let's say 20 pounds, since I'm at the beginning of this journey.

I'm hoping the support of this group will help to keep me on track (and my sweetheart, by proxy!) -- I'll be here for you guys too, I promise.

Last edited by lessofsarahtolove; 11-09-2003 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:48 AM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, Sarah!

(am I in on this? I don't see my name down anywhere...)
Old 11-09-2003, 11:22 AM   #33  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yes you are in on this Ellis I think you posted your stats on page 1 or 2!

Sarah- good goals for yourself! I am going to try to drink more water and exercise daily- gotta dust of my exercise tapes
Old 11-09-2003, 12:08 PM   #34  
the kid's counting on me!

lessofsarah,
you go girl!

you have some intense goals, so don't get discouraged,
if you can't do it all at once...just keep taking baby steps,
every single eighth of a pound down, is an eighth of a pound down,
As long as the scale moves in that direction I'm happy...and I've learned to tolerate the fact that it sometimes moves the other way.

Sometimes it's just one of those things, normal fluctuation, and sometimes, I've been eating like a little piggy wiggy...as is the case right now.

Don't know why, but I've had a major appetite. Maybe my body struggling to get my huge boobies back...and that ain't gonna happen. Oh, for Sarah and any other newbies, not that I haven't mentioned it a thousand times...I recently had a breast reduction.

I haven't been able to really exercise since October 15th. And I was recovering hanging about the house for two and a half weeks. Thankfully I started back to work last week. I was exhausted but, I couldn't eat as much. Don't like to be chomping and sucking the melted bits of chocolate off of my fingers while my clients are discussing their issues with me...just wouldn't seem respectful.

"um...I see, well, you feel that you have seasonal affective disorder, okay, well, could you hold that thought a minute?
our office manager brought in left over halloween candy and I need some chocolate...right now...
you know, chocolate can raise serotonin levels, would you like a piece?
what's that?
you're feeling suicidal?
oh, does that mean you'd don't want to wait while I go pick out a piece of candy?
well, okay, gee, some people are so egocentric."

so, you see what I mean...why I eat less at work...

I'll be needing lots of encouragement to stop the eating and start gentle exercise again. think that I'll call my yoga instructor today and my trainer at the gym tomorrow and make some appts to get started.

and lest you think that I'm Oprah and that I'll be discussing my personal chef next...

I really don't make that much money. In fact I just realized that my checking account is overdrawn and I have to borrow money from my sister to pay bills. It's just that for years I've been very conscious of spending money on things that matter...prioritizing things like therapy, education, and now...the gym and my yoga instruction. I figure without those things my life won't be worth much anyway, so, I drive a '92 Ford Taurus but, I take private yoga instruction at my house...

okay, no, I confess, it's really me, Oprah, just pretending to be a Jewish Lesbian Mother from New Jersey...
oh, wait, can't pass that off...Jen and Suzanne have met her personally.
oh well!
love you girls,
chin up,
and no more double chins,
Lil' Boobin' Soozan
Old 11-09-2003, 08:53 PM   #35  
I climb mountains!

Default Boobie Bonding

Hey, Soozie......congratulations on the reduction!! I had one years ago, and it was such a positive experience for me! I couldn't keep my hands off my ribcage, and I found myself plopping on couches -- just because I could! Also, I showed them to anyone who would look, because I was so impressed with their initial conical shape. Do you feel lighter? I had six pounds removed, how about you? What about the shadow pains? -- I used to call them knives and daggers, to describe the different kinds of pain. I've never gotten to talk to anyone else who's had it done, so I'm so excited! And I'm so excited for you!!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.....it is an awful lot of behavioral change, but it's all positive, and it feels really good to be in control. Today.

I do hear you, Soozie, on the baby steps/take it one day at a time thing, and I'll carry that gentle reminder in my pocket for the difficult moments. And I'll join my voice in the support chorus whenever you need it. :

Take care everyone!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #36  

Hey Sarah,
Cool...we have a lot in common, I just sent you a semi-whiny pm...reviewing all of my complications after this surgery. The rest of you girlies...i spared you the horror of hearing it all again!

Anyway, I'm already feeling less whiny, even if it is Monday.

And I do love my new boobs, even if they're still alittle swollen and they're starting to look more like small D's than C's...maybe because
I'VE GAINED SO MUCH WEIGHT SITTING AT HOME, EATING, AND NOT EXERCISING...PLEASE, SOMEONE, STOP ME!!!

ahhhh....thank you for letting me vent. you know how smokey the bear says, only you can prevent forest fires...well, you know what I'm getting at, only I can stop myself from bingeing on junk food and staying couch bound. I know that I can't start upper body work yet but, I could get off my rear and walk a tad bit.

oh, Soozie...get up off of your bum you bum...remember how good it felt when you were growing those yummy muscles...

okay, that's it, I'm going to the gym today. Honest. I don't have to be at work until 5pm, so, no excuses. I felt really depressed last night because I've gained so much weight in the past three weeks that I feel like I'm attempting to regrow my old boobs. It's time to get back on program.

don't let me off of the hook girlfriends...kick my a**
love, Soozie
Old 11-10-2003, 11:27 AM   #37  

Soozie... just running off to my psycho appointment, but... ... get it together, girl!!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #38  

Thanks El,
Tell your psycho I said Hi.
love,Soozie
Old 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM   #39  

Weigh in tonight and I have PMS I am trying to drink my water today- I was at 163 last Thursday - will post results later.

I will be getting two extra walks in today though
Old 11-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #40  

Oh my gosh, Soozie... your little Petunia is just the sweetest thing.

Hugs, Mauvais... I just finished mine. You're certain to drop next week.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:17 PM   #41  

Yaaaargh! gained 2 lbs due to PMS and I have been trying to avoid salty foods too-hmmph!

Oh well, they are sure to disappear by next week
Old 11-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #42  
I climb mountains!

Attagirl, Mauvaisroux --- good job keeping perspective. The upside of PMS is that it's finite. This too shall pass.

I weighed myself this morning, and I'm down 7 pounds since last Monday! I also met almost all of my nutritional goals (I'll meet them all this week, thanks to the addition of Extra Fiber All-Bran wink, wink), and I've steadily increased my distance/speed each time on my bike. And my body feels good. Actually, so does my self-esteem.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:44 AM   #43  

on the 7lbs SArah!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:18 AM   #44  

Great Job Sarah on the 7lbs....keep up the good work : )
Old 11-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #45  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Way to go Sarah! Soozie your girl is so beautiful! Awww

Rats. I'm back up to 200. 2 pounds. Grrrrrrrr...BUT I did really good yesterday with my eating and I didn't have even 1 soda! And I did about 20 minutes of weights at the gym. So I feel like I'm on track for the week. Hopefully those 2 pounds will roll back off. I bought healthy groceries yesterday at lunch to keep at work and I feel very virtuous Also, my YMCA is doing this cool Holiday Challenge. I'm going to join up as soon as I get paid. Its $10 and you get a t-shirt and a calendar. You have to work out a minimum of 3 days a week and get your calendar stamped. At the end you can win prizes. Prizes or not I think its a great way to see my progress. I'm excited!

Have a good day ladies! P.S. Did u see the new smiles? Too cute!
Closed Thread