Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:06 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

This doesn't really count as a REAL movie, but I saw Fat Boy Slim at Brighton Beach tonight. I got the DVD for my birthday over a month ago, but the day before my birthday the TV, the A/C and Cody's replacement Gamecube (from the previous storm) were all shot by lightening. We just now got a TV running again.

Anywhooo, it wasn't too exciting for a concert video, but I like FatBoy's mixes, so it was still classified as good. I did learn:

Fat Boy Slim is a chain smoker.

He sticks his tongue out the corner of his mouth when he does things, just like I do.

A lot of people at Brighton Beach don't dance worth a flip, so I would have fit right in.

There are loads of flat chested Fat Boy Slim fans.

I'm sure this was really interesting to all of you, so onto the next movie: Duplex. Cody and I saw it yesterday. I love Ben and Drew, and they were really cute together in the movie. It was a little 'Home Alone-ish' with the antics they did, but it was still cute. I liked it that I didn't predict the end.

For those of you that want to see Lost in Translation, DON'T read the review in Rolling Stone! It pretty much gave away the ending, which really peeves me, but I'm going to see it anyway. I lurve Bill Murray.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Finally watched "Ghosts of Mars" last night -not bad, not great, but not bad
Old 10-03-2003, 12:18 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Taking my son and his friend to see School of Rock this afternoon. Anybody seen it yet?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:17 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer 3FC
Taking my son and his friend to see School of Rock this afternoon. Anybody seen it yet?
let's just say you should rather wait till it hits dvd lol
Old 10-03-2003, 08:23 PM   #5  
WW Moderator

We went this afternoon and we liked it! Annex - are you a Jack Black fan? We like him, so that helped.

My son is also in the 5th grade, and now he is inspired to learn drums again. He tried once, but was bored...I think he thought he could just sit down and play them. I also like Joan Cusak...they both did a good job. Goofy theme that kids would like, and there are a lot of kid actors, but it was a happy-movie with some good Jack Black scenes.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:27 PM   #6  

I like Jack.. just not in movies

Saving Silverman, I still know what you did last Summer, Shallow Hal.. none of them impressed me

sorta like Adam Sandler movies *shrugs*

different strokes for different folks I guess
Old 10-03-2003, 08:33 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

I really like some Adam Sandler, others I don't.... I didn't like Little Nicki, I loved Anger Mgmt but hated the end...I liked Mr Deeds and Big Daddy....um Billy Madison no, Happy Gilmore yes...can't think of any others!
Old 10-03-2003, 08:35 PM   #8  

Anger Management was just confusing as ****

I love Jack Nicholson though. when they were on the plane and he started laughing hysterically.. omg.. I had Batman (Joker) envisions pop right into my head

That had to be his BEST role ever.. (Joker).. he sooooo rules
Old 10-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I KNOW we'll be seeing School of Rock! My 13 year old wants to see it, and I'm curious too!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 09:58 PM   #10  
Fighter

I just saw Anger Management, all except for the end. So I was pretty confused until hubby explained it to me. I pretty much like all of Sandler's movies, especially the Wedding Singer because I love Drew Barrymore, too. I know it's corny, but I love it. :-D I like Jack Nicholson, usually -- but what the heck was up with About Schmidt??? I thought that was the all time STUPIDEST movie I have ever wasted my time watching!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:22 AM   #11  
Searching

Talking Blah Blah

I liked Anger Management. There are alot of us out there in this PC society that don't think we have a right to our anger or are afraid of confronting each other. The sad thing about a PC/overly sensitive society is its based on the wants of the most sensitive people who are not necessarily a reflection of the whole population.

About Schmidt is about how we often look for fullfillment our lives when we have no rights to it. It is a depressing movie, and it does get on my nerves how much Jack drives around. But at least Omaha looks pretty.

I watched a Might Wind last night. Now that was a stupid movie. A mockumentry with no point?

Miss Chris
Old 10-08-2003, 08:16 PM   #12  

I saw Cold Creek Manor this weekend. It wasn't bad but it was very slow paced and a bit predictable. It was probably something I should have rented and not paid full price for.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:07 AM   #13  

Going to see the new zombie flick "House of the Dead" tonight
Old 10-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I have sentimental attachment to House of the Dead. My little sister and I used to play the video game all the time together. It was like the Sisterly Force against the powers of evil! I'd like to go see if but the Cute Boyfriend thinks it's worthless to spend money on movies like that. Sigh!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:57 PM   #15  

I LOVE horror movies, you will have to tell me how House of the Dead was!!! I don't know if I'll wait till it comes out on DVD or go to the movies to see it. If I go to the movies, I'll end up there myslef and that's no fun, lol.
Closed Thread