Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 01:22 AM   #16  
Searching

Went and saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 tonight. It WAS AWESOME think Pulp Fiction meets Manga meets Spaghetti Western. We were all rolling on the floor laughing. WHAT A TON OF FUN!

Miss Chris
Old 10-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Do NOT go see House of the Dead!:P

It was one of the worst horror movies I have EVER seen! Big waste of money! Terrible script, acting, dialogue. I am a huge horror fan and and have sat through some really bad but entertaining "B" movies and this one deserves a big "F".

The game was great but this flick was just painful to sit through. At one point there was only four people left trapped in a house and I whispered to my DH..."If I were there I would use my last bullets to shoot these four so I could be left alone to die in peace!"

Then they find the inevitable "book" that tells the back story and one of the characters says "I found this book, maybe this can help us". and my DH said out loud "only if it's Acting for Dummies!" and everyone around us busted out laughing

Yes, it is that bad of a film. The scariest part of this film is that I actually paid to go see it.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:10 AM   #18  

I love horror movies too, but have a hard time watching them, cause the BF hates em, he says they are the reason there are crazy people in the world. When ever he says that I just roll my eyes and tell him he's nutz. But anyhoo...whats ur favorite Horror Flick?? I would have to say mine is "last house on the left" now thats a freaky movie~
Old 10-11-2003, 11:26 AM   #19  
Work in Progress

I love Quentin Tarantino films, but maybe I am getting old....I don't want to see Kill Bill, I don't want 3 hours of violence.....but I am sure it will be killer flick!!!

Love to hear about it though!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 02:47 PM   #20  
Imagine...

Just rented the Italian job and the new remake of the inlaws for the weekend. I just loved the original inlaws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin stay tunned for the reviews......
Old 10-11-2003, 03:33 PM   #21  
Searching

I liked the In-Laws, but I am a bit of a closet Albert Brooks fan. I thought he did a great job of getting over his fears and I live the whole thing with the love affair with the arms agent.

I thought the Italian job was a bore fest. The best part was how good Charlize Theron looked.

I still think everyone should see Kill Bill the really gorey parts are done in black in white. LOL!
Miss Chris
Old 10-14-2003, 08:12 AM   #22  
Imagine...

Miss Chris you were so right, Although I did enjoy Albert Brooks (he cracks me up) I thought the original was so much better. The Italian job, I didn't even watch the whole thing...went to bed
Old 10-15-2003, 05:52 PM   #23  
Searching

The Vicar of Dibley all 3 series are now out on DVD. I love Dawn French! Why can't I be fat like her, she is just so comfy in her own skin.

Miss Chris
Old 10-15-2003, 09:29 PM   #24  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

She is GREAT!! Love that series too.....
Old 10-18-2003, 01:00 AM   #25  
WW Moderator

This weekend I saw Under the Tuscan Sun with Suzanne and Rob. It was good! Inspirational Chick Flick. I thought it would be more dramatic, but it was nice having a few goofy things in there. Good movie and beautiful scenery.

Also saw Out Of Time, it was ok....and took Cody to see Good Boy last weekend. Nice for kids but a snorefest for me.

I think I have a movie addiction!
Old 10-21-2003, 12:29 PM   #26  

Rachie D I have seen so many horror films that I can't pick A favorite

Some of my top picks are:

-all of the old vincent Price movies such as the Pit and the Pendulum, The Masque of the Red Death etc. etc.

-The Shining (one of the few Stephen King book translations that I enjoyed)

-A Nightmare on Elm Street -the first one-

-Evil Dead- the first one

- Night of the Living Dead (original version)

-Candyman- first one-

too many others to mention

I went to see the new version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre last weekend -it was great- I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 10-21-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:54 PM   #27  
a brave new me...

Question Well...

We saw Under the Tuscan Sun, which was good unless you've actually read the book. The movie barely resembled the book in any way, which was pretty disappointing. I'm surprised the author of the book allowed so many changes to be made in the screen play. And I don't mean just minor changes, but major differences (e.g. in the book she is happily married, in the movie she is divorced and the movie revolves around her starting a new life as a single person). But regardless, it was still enjoyable.

Last edited by Sojourner; 10-24-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #28  

Mauv. your a girl after my heart. I LOVE all the movies on your list. I just watched :

Matrix Reloaded, i wasn't that impressed. It wasn't that bad but I just hate movies that have no ending!

Wrong Turn, I liked it. It was a great horror film. Kept me on edge, lol ( but i know people from WV who would be offended by it, lol )

and Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, It is a pre movie for Rose Red. A Steven King movie. It was ok and worth watching, but nothing special.

I'm going to get another movie tonight after I get my kids from daycare. But it is another Horror movie. It is 28 days later or something like that.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #29  

Bella-I saw wrong turn at the theatre- I thought it was pretty good

28 days later is very good - I really enjoyed that one!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:27 PM   #30  
Searching

you forgot poltergeist mauvis! the first one rocked for scary, creepy. there is something too about darkness falls that appeals to my imagination.

miss chris
Closed Thread