Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 11:34 AM   #121  
Imagine...

What is wrong with people? is it so hard to be kind and help someone. I was just at DMV. They don't take cash only checks. There was a pregnant woman with no checks only cash. She asked if someone would take her money and write her a check guess what out of 50 people no one would help the poor thing. I had 1 check left in my check book and thankfully they let me combine the 2 of us on one check. But seriously some people wouldn't even look at her never mind help her. Ok I am done now thanks for listening.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:45 PM   #122  

Height: 5'-2"

Sflake, that is too nasty for words. I agree... what IS wrong with people!?
I remember falling off my bike once as a young adult in college. I fell on a VERY busy street during rush hour, in front of about 10 people standing at a bus stop. I really hurt myself, and not ONE of them helped me... they all looked the other way.
Well, maybe it was fate. It made you feel good to help her, right? And you'll stand out in her mind for a LONG time!
Old 09-24-2003, 05:39 PM   #123  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Suzanne - I live downtown so, I guess I have to expect more crime. I live in a nice area of downtown but there are still a lot of homeless roaming around and since I live in an alley (it's really a street but it faces the railroad tracks so I consider it an alley) there's a lot of vagrant people sleeping there. There are only three houses on my whole street and the rest is the back of hotels and offices. Sooooo, if I was a criminal, this would be the place to be. The only other trouble I've had has been with the neighbor kids (who egged my house... from their yard!!! Morons), and people parking in my parking spot. I love where I live and I wouldn't dream of moving. Funny, when I was a kid, I had really horribel nightmares about people breaking into my house and killing me and no one could hear me scream (I lived in the middle of the woods). Now, I'm not sure if I screamed if anyone would pay attention.

Sflake - What kind of DMV doesn't take cash??? Bizarre.

Hey did I mention? I chopped off my hair. I had very smooth, rockabilly hair (Betty Page style... hence the pic) and I was tired of always having to do it. So, I told my hairdresser to chop it all off and make it messy. I got really short Audrey Hepburn bangs. I love it!!! Someone called it JBF hair (Just been ......). Hee! My boyfriend was a wee bit suprised.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:13 PM   #124  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jessica- your new do sounds cool!

Sflake- I can't believe no one tried to help that lady! Well you did your good deed for the day and I am sure she appreciated it
Old 09-24-2003, 11:10 PM   #125  
WW Moderator

Jessica, congratulations on the nerve to do the hairdo! I recently did a big change myself, from long curly hair to short spikes. SCARY! But so exciting!

Sflake, you are such a good girl. Shame on the other 50 people!

Ellis...I had a nasty fall once in a grocery store, and believe me, I WISHED people had looked the other way! I did a split right in front of the whole line of cash registers. (In my 4 inch heel bright blue Candies, if that says how long ago) The whole place quit functioning for about 5 seconds while all eyes landed on me. I could have died.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:37 AM   #126  

Did anyone help you up Jennifer?
Old 09-25-2003, 12:03 PM   #127  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Oooo! UPDATE on the stabbing guy story!!!!

Last night, my boyfriend was on his way home and saw a guy walking down the street in a red dress. He really didn't think anything of it. But then, our neighbor is running down the street like a mad woman.

Turns out the guy stole a red dress when he attacked my neighbor. Last night, he walked by the store in the same red dress. Obviously this guy has some mental problems. So, my neighbor called the cops and then went chasing after him. The cops came by and asked us which way he went. They had about 4 cars cruising the neighborhood for this guy. He almost escaped by taking the trolley but luckily, my neighbor saw him get on it. They had police waiting for him at the next trolley stop.

Woo hoo! Scary guy behind bars!!!

He had a beard... who wears a red dress with a beard?
Old 09-25-2003, 03:22 PM   #128  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Our "hit list" is getting pretty long isn't it?

Sflake - I am sure the woman from the DMV is telling everyone about the wonderful woman that helped her.

Jessica - sounds like a cool haircut! Glad they caught the scary guy!

Ellis - I know I read in one of these threads about DD. I am glad she is doing well!!!

Today is going ok, but I am really dragging. I just want a nap.
30 more minutes and I get to go home!

How is everyone?
Old 09-25-2003, 04:22 PM   #129  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I dunno Jess - I know some folks in the middle of transgendering and they might wear a red dress with a beard. Well, maybe mauve anyhow! Scary stuff.

Squeak, I hope you are home now and having a nap!

Hey...we want pictured of the spiked hairdos, you two modern chicks! Maybe I'll start to move away from my blue rinse!
Old 09-25-2003, 04:28 PM   #130  

Whew Ruthxxx! People on the boards refer to me as mauv or mauve - for a minute there I thought you were suggesting that I would wear a red dress with a beard!

How is your hubby doing these days? Better yet how are you holding up? I hope you are taking good care of yourself hon!
Old 09-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #131  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Red dresses with moustaches, PLEASE!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:21 PM   #132  
WW Moderator

Den, red dresses with mustaches - I'll quit plucking and go shopping!

Mauvais...my friend did help me up, after she realized the only thing hurt was my pride, she was laughing too hard to help much though! (We were only 17-18)

Ruth, maybe we can shave our heads, all except a tuft on top, and dye it red for the next meetup. Then we'll really look like chicks!
Old 09-26-2003, 07:57 AM   #133  
Imagine...

LMAO Mauvais I thought the same thing!
Old 09-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #134  
I want candy

Ok, I am fascinated.

I don't know any of you, but I.Am.Freaking.Fascinated.

I'm fascinated about the guy in the red dress; I'm fascinated about the haircut; I'm fascinated about the DMV, and the split in the middle of the grocery store (but not the bike accident, because that was harsh and dangerous and I can't believe no one helped you, ellis).

Wow. What a cool board.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:16 AM   #135  
Imagine...

Welcome Lesbia

Jess~ thankfully they caught the wacko. Good for you on the new do (hey I'm a poet) I've been thinking of a change myself. Red dress with a beard maybe, but it depends on the shoes hehehe.
Closed Thread