Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 AM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am doing well with my small changes these past two weeks

I am walking after dinner every night in addition to walking to and from work and I have started my bellydancing classes again this weekend.

I am also planning my meals out and drinking more water.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:59 PM   #17  
I want candy

Small Goals:

8 8oz glasses of water every day.
Eat breakfast every day!

Large Goas:
More exercise
Old 10-06-2003, 12:09 PM   #18  
Work in Progress

I wanted to check in. I have began very good, down about 10 pounds depending upon how much water I am retaining that day!

I still am 15 pounds away from my Halloween Goal, that may need a re-commit I will do that the end of this week.

However, I have integrated the following into my lifestyle.

1. Support....check in on these boards twice a day, even if I am not posting.
2. Following the Dr. Phil Challenge on the television, reading the book and participating in the book club thread
3. Following a locarb/sbd. Enjoying the mental benefits of not eating sugar...for me that is losing the constant obsession with food.
4. Doing hypnosis. Two actual sessions, listen to my tape 2-3 times a week. Learning how to think like my "thin self".
5. Dong Fitday. Taking a protein shake and taking the additional cal/mag supplements that I should because my grandmother and my mother both had/have osteoporisis.

This week I am looking to integrate exercise. I am going to begin Curves on Wednesday. To acutally make use of the membership that I have been paying for!!! I may start today, but I need to take the puppy to the vet for a scratching shot, poor little guy is chewing himself up. Then tomorrow for an oatmeal bath.

So, I am looking at the overall integration, and while the scale victory began as my focus, I am trying to stay present to what I am doing, and how important it is for the long run!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:20 PM   #19  
Imagine...

Rowan! I need to get my butt back to curves also Kinda took the summer off as I wanted to exercise outside in the beautiful weather but now......
Old 10-08-2003, 07:52 AM   #20  

Good going Rowan You are doing really well-keep it up

I am reading DR. Phil's book - the discussions on th ebook club thread are great aren't they.

This week's small change:
More water (thanks for the reminder Lesbia ) I have been drinking too much tea lately.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:51 AM   #21  
Work in Progress

Check in......kept OP, still doing everything, but did NOT make it to Curves.....this is my biggest challenge....

My guy friend wants to build me a workout area in the backyard, that will be good except when it is raining, I am also thinking about getting a trainer to get my butt working out.

I really want to go back to doing pilates again. That was my favorite thing to do. Maybe that will inspire me back to Curves....

rb
Old 10-21-2003, 07:43 PM   #22  

Yargggg! I am doing okay with my small changes but my big challenge is exercising more
Old 10-21-2003, 10:12 PM   #23  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Um, here were my small steps -

~Keep busy so I don't eat after 8pm.
~Take my vitamins every day
~Drink more water/Crystal Light. I tried the sugar free kool-aid (which I have a ton of) with some Equal, and it's not bad.
~ NO MORE Buying Snacks - I have a bunch of it already. Actually I have enough food in this house, that I am not going grocery shopping except for milk, eggs, bread, fruits & veggies.
~Bring my lunch at least 3 times this week.

I am sucking at pretty much all of these, but the water one. And that one I am only doing ok on.

I CAN do this!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:29 AM   #24  

I have set up a night time pattern that has helped alot. I eat about 5:30-6:00. Do dishes. Cycle for 10 minutes during the news. At 7:00-7:30 I have hot choolate sugar free. Then that is it for the night. I have no usual snack food in the house. This has helped me and my diabetes a lot.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:35 PM   #25  

My small change this week is to take my vitamins regularly.
So far I have managed to for the past 4 days

fern-yes, it helps when there is no junk in the house I have stocked up on celery and laughing cow cheese, almonds, unsalted cashews, pre cut baby carrots etc. so that I won't feel like eating chips.

Bad thing is there is a store downstairs in my building so I don't have to go far to get junk-just put on my slippers and take the elevator so i switch to pj's after doing the dishes and the housework so I can't easily pop downstairs
Old 10-23-2003, 01:50 PM   #26  

Height: 5'-2"

Good for you, Mauvais. DH went to the video store the other day in his long trenchcoat with his pyjamas on underneath. No shame.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:30 AM   #27  

Another small change! There has been a bag of oatmeal cookies (the good kind - Dad's Oatmeal) for over 2 weeks now and I have only eaten 2 - normally I would be eating 2 or 3 with a cup of tea per day - so this an accomplishment
Old 10-29-2003, 07:45 AM   #28  
Imagine...

I have noticed that I am cutting back automatically on artificial sweetners. When I started I used at least 6 teaspoons of real sugar in my 20 oz. coffee, next I switched to 4 packs of sweet & low, now I'm down to 3. Stuff just tastes too sweet. I am just listening to my body more
Closed Thread