Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: At this time, how CONFIDENT are you that you will reach your goal weight while on SB?
Extremely confident 6 17.65%
Very confident 11 32.35%
Somewhat confident 6 17.65%
A bit confident 2 5.88%
Not so confident 6 17.65%
Not confident 0 0%
Doubtful 0 0%
I have already reached my goal while on SB! 1 2.94%
Other/No Opinion 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 12:37 AM   #1  

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 8/4-8/10

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=29841

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 08-04-2003, 12:50 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Here's this weeks
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
there's 2 of them to read today:

ONE STEP FORWARD

Take one little step forward. Don't worry about whether it's perfect, or what other people will think, or why you didn't do it sooner. Just take that one little step. And notice how good, how right it feels.
Take that one little step forward, and then take another. Suddenly, momentum is on your side. Yes, new and difficult challenges will surely arise, now that you're moving forward. As you climb higher, the terrain will likely become steeper and more rugged.
Yet whatever you're able to reach, you're also able to handle. With each step forward, you build the strength and the confidence to take the next step.
Right now is the time to take that next little step forward, without hesitation, with no worries or complaints or regrets. And you'll quickly be so very thankful that you did.

-- Ralph Marston

NOW IS WHEN

The time to begin is now. The time to live is now. The day to make a difference is today. The moment of truth is this very one you have in front of you.
There is something you've been meaning to do, and now is the time to get going on it. The fact that it will take some time is even more reason to go ahead and begin. It does not matter how much or how little time you may seem to have. What truly matters is what you do with now.
And what you can do with now is to live, to love, to comfort and encourage and create, to work and to build, to express, to experience, to enjoy. The possibilities have no limit.
Now is everything you require and all you desire. And now is when you can truly live it.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a good week everyone.

Marie.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:11 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES

The usual challenges of DRINKING YOUR WATER and drinking AT LEAST 64 OUNCES is ongoing, as is getting in 3 DAYS OF EXERCISE and posting it on the WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD.

THIS WEEKS NEW CHALLENGE

As it is important that we all eat our veggies how about posting how many servings of veggies you have each day - include both lunch and dinner and any in between.

Marie.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:44 AM   #4  

Monday Morning---Hello all. It's a rough Monday morning. I could already use a nap. Not good.

Did manage to do the TM this morning for 31.5 minutes. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I got on there. I have gained back some weight over the past month. So today I'm back to journaling and making wise choices . . . at least that's the plan.

Hope the rest of you had a great weekend and now are ready to really roll toward a good successful positive week.

Take care.
Kim
Old 08-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #5  

OK SO I FAILED THE WEEK END!!! The scale is up to 150 this morning which is 15 lbs above my low/goal weight. It's suppost to be going DOWN, NOT UP!!!

Well I'm starting over again. I am NOT defeated yet! I got up & went walking this morning. It took me 23 min to walk about a mile & 1/2 but I huffed & puffed all the way. Will try to stay op today.

Have a busy day. Chiropractor, then to visit dd & check out all the neat gifts she got for the baby shower which I did not get to see half of what she got. It was a great turn out & looks like she got lots of really nice things.

Got to go. Hope all have a really nice day & able to stay OP.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #6  
Little Engine That Could

Hi Mary,
I know you can get down to your goal. You did it before.

I checked "not sure" on the poll because I don't know what my thyroid will do. I get my blood test this week to see how the new meds are doing. If I can depend on my thyroid, then maybe I'd feel more positive.

I took a week off from journaling and counting calories. Guess I'll start back today. I always do better when I count, but I surely hate to mess with those numbers.

Have a great day, y'all.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning

I picked not so sure also Gator. Mostly because I have been at or around this weight for over 18 months.

Monet.....I didn't do anything to the pattypan other than rinse it. I stuck a knife in it to let let out the steam. Zapped for five minutes and then just cut into bit sized pieces. I can't wait till next week to get some more. If I can find some seeds I might get my mom to try and grow some next year.

WTG Melf and Kim getting moving already this week. I woke early to walk but it's gonna have to wait till tonight. We've walked 16 times in the last 15 days and I mowed some wayyyyyy over grown grass for about an hour yesterday. You name it, it hurts...LOL And the scales are being just horrible.

Thank you Rosalie for starting our weekly board. You are a blessing.

Have a blessed and fantatic week all.

Love,
Crystle
Old 08-04-2003, 10:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm back from vacation and couldn't wait to get here.

It's good to be home. Work was not as bad as I thought it would be when I got back. That is good. I couldn't wait to get to the board. I have really missed you gals. You will have to fill me in on anything I have missed.

Vacation was wonderful, but I ate waaay too much and drank waaay to much. I was actually looking forward to getting back on track today. The scale was horrible today. I'm the only person I know who goes on vacation and can't get into their clothes when they come home. We never learn. At least I know what to do now. I hate that I have to take those same pounds off again, but I guess I deserve it.

Starting with anew resolve today. Tired of messing around with this. I will get to goal soon. I am determined to get there before my 2 year anniversary in Oct. I got up at 5:30 to walk, but it was storming. Will have to fit it in later.

I will say we worked out every morning (except 1 and the gym was too crowded) while we were on vacation and we walked about 4-6 miles per day too. Now you think that would help. Gosh if we hadn't done that, I can't imagine how much that scale would be up.

It's nice to be back where people speak English and I have someone other than DH to talk to. I'm sure he feels the same way. Even though I can't imagine why.

Need to get caught up here.

Have a great day. Be back later.

Jackie
PS I refuse to post stats until I get back to my low.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Oops! You can see I'm out of practice. I forgot to paste in my replies.

Kim, I'm glad to see you back on the board. Were you MIA or just on vacation. We're in the same boat on those added pounds. So nose to the grindstone today and forging ahead with determination.

Melf, you are not alone in that boat. Sounds like we are all starting anew today. We can do this!

Gator, hope those meds are working for you. Have a little confidence in yourself. I know you can get to goal.

Jackie
Old 08-04-2003, 10:41 AM   #10  

Good Monday morning everyone:

I do have to say I am the most boring poster on here. I don't have an Avatar next to my name; maybe one of these days. I really think that weekends are bad for me; I always seem to overeat when I am home on the weekends. On Sunday, my 5-yr old and I baked up a storm. I made legal mini cheesecakes, Almond-oat squares, zucchini bread & pumpkin bars. The problem is, I tasted every single one of them as they were done. I felt like a stuffed hog. Also, during the week I am so busy, and am not sitting around home snacking.

Has anyone read the current Good Housekeeping (the one with Joan Lunden & her twins on the front)? They have an article in there about fad diets and really slam the SB plan. I am thinking about writing in and telling them that they are so un-educated that they should get their facts straight before printing an article like that. They basically said that sugar does not make you fat, and you have to watch your calories to lose weight. Do they not understand that your body is burning sugar and nothing else if that's all you eat???

So sorry to hear that Debbie ended up having car problems; what a way to end a vacation.

We are going to Durango, Colorado Thurs - Sun of this week. I hope I can stay on plan, but don't think I can turn down 1-2 of those roasted marshmallows. We hope to go fishing and horseback riding too. My husband took our daughter out yesterday and she bought a little Tweety fishing pole. She has never fished before; she is excited.

Thunder: Fantastic!!!! Congrats on those #'s dropping!!!

jecrites: Congratulations on your hubby's promotion; that's great!!

agape: Welcome back. Good luck getting back on plan; that's the hardest part.

Melf: Hope the baby shower went well. You'll be to goal again; try not to get discouraged.

BOB: Glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the 35# loss. That is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud!

Teensy: Hope you have fun at the lake. WOW, 100#'s; time to celebrate big time!!

beach: Sorry to hear about your daughter's heartbreak. She'll recover; we always do. I remember those days all too well, and am not looking forward to going through them with my two daughters. Your heart breaks for them, but....as you said, it's a lesson we all learn, unfortunately.

heart: What a bargain shopper! I hope you and your hubby enjoyed your night alone together.

Monet: Who could forget you? Congrats on the 3 sugar-free days. You are on your way!

Jack: Welcome home. You'll be on plan in no time, and drop those extra pounds. Everyone I know gains weight on vacation, so don't feel bad.

My husband mentioned that the first Monday night football game is on tonight (I think). I love the fall & winter months! I live in Arizona, so you understand when I say that. BUT, this is the first year I will be on SB for the holiday season. How has everyone done on this SB way of life during that time of year? We usually do so much baking and stuff; I hope I can be good during the colder months. We will see. I guess if I have to splurge I will do it in moderation!

Take care, and have a great day!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:43 AM   #11  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

Hello all!

I'm just back from the dentist where I had to get a broken tooth fixed. I broke it three weeks ago while on vacation--fortunately it never hurt, but I couldn't chew on that side of my mouth for three weeks. I thought it would have to have a crown, but he just redid the filling and smoothed the roough edges--$93.00 beats $600.00 any day!

Jackie--Glad to hear that you are back safely! You can join the rest of us getting back into the swing after vacation.

Crystle--You are so close--maybe there is something you can do to get the body shaken up again!

Gator--I hope you get a good report on your thyroid meds!

Mary--it sounds like you started the day off on the right track! Hang in there--you know we are here with you!

Kim--I need a nap too! Not a good sign is it? Actually I need to novacaine to wear off so I can have some coffee--no caffene this morning is my problem.

Marie--THanks for getting the board started. It looks like you need to get the whips out for some of us!

BOB--You gotta try the salad--I made it last night and it is yummy!!!!! I'm thinking about making some egg salad to have with it at lunch today. I posted the recipe on the recipe board under soups and salads.

Have a good OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 08-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #12  
Sonya

Default Good Morning!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Had a great weekend my mom cooked sunday dinner for the family and even cooked brown rice instead of white. I asked them did they like it and they actually did...lol. But I know it good its just getting the rest of the family on to the healty eating track. Thats all that matters is keeping the whole family eating right even if it involves a little sneaky replacing the bad white food with the great grains we eat on this WOE.....lol. I peeled and cut up 2 gallons of fresh yard peaches all by myself last nite and boy is my hand tired today.

Got to put them up so will be back later....Hugs to all!!!!!

Great motivational Rosalie....and so very very true!!!!!
Old 08-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #13  

Default Monday

Hello everyone. Thank you all for the congrats on hubby's promotion.

There's not a whole lot going on around here today. I've got laundry going, and the kids are mad because I made them clean up some of their messes they have made since coming home.

I actually survived the weekend!!! I know I didn't eat near enough, but what I did eat was OP. Most of the time when I get up it takes me a while to get hungry. I've just got to get myself back into the swing of things, but at least when I do eat, I'm eating healthy, so that's a good thing. As for the exercise thing, I don't know how long it's been since I've done that. I just hate doing it. I've already told myself that when school starts back I'm getting on that TM no matter what. It's just easier to do with 2 of the 3 kids in school. I did try it with all 3 of them here, and it just doesn't work; they run around like chickens with their heads cut off and fight fight fight.

Well, that's all I have for right now, gotta get the cat pan changed and the floor around where it's sitting cleaned up. I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 08-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #14  

Angry Happy Monday

Hi Everyone

Here is my contribution for Motivational Monday:

" It is in the small decisions you and I make every day that create our destiny."
Anthony Robbins

Well I'm back from the Dx and things looked fine. She wants to put me on an estrogen patch to try and control the migraines. We'll see if that works.

I had weigh in today for WW and I am 1 pound down so that is a total of 21 since I went back to being OP. I was losing 2 a week but I know that will slow down. The depressing thing about the DX is that 1 year ago I was 10 lbs less than I am now. Oh well. Next year I will be 30 pounds less than today

Monet: DH works for Publix too. He started a year ago when they came to Bham.

Jenn: I remember when the kids were younger. Anytime I tried to do something for myself they went crazy and fought too. You'll get back on track once some of them are in school. Congrats on the DH promotion.

Thunder: Glad you had a good weekend.

Fillise: Glad it was only a broken tooth and you didn't have to have the crown. Boy has dental work gotten expensive. My daughter had wisdom teeth removed and it was over $1000 and my son had his front teeth crushed and they had to be rebuilt to the tune of $600. Now he needs braces and I think we may have to wait a year until I build back up my "emergency fund".

Pancho: You should send them an excerpt from last months Readers Digest that talked about the GI. It basically said that research is proving that you should eat low GI foods because the sugar elevates the blood sugar which in turn turns to fat. I think time and research will prove that eating low GI is the healthiest way of living. Have fun on your trip.

Jack: Glad you had fun on your trip. You'll be back on track in no time.

Melf: Hang in there. You'll be back down in no time.

Quilter: Way to go on the treadmill. I didn't get a walk in yesterday because of rain. Hope I will get one in today but after going to the DX I'm not feeling so energetic. Maybe I'll rebound later.

Rosalie: Thanks for getting the board going and the motivational thoughts. I'm not sure I'm going to thank you for the veggie challenge though. That is the hardest thing for me to do because I don't love them. Let's see yesterday I had only 1 cup of carrots But the day before I did have about 2 cups of salad mix. I'm not doing too great, am I? I guess since you did the challenge I might do better.

Country HI.

Gator: I hate the numbers and journaling too but I think it is the only way I will ever stay on track. So we can hate it together. Kind of like we do Tennessee when we play them (ssh hope BOB isn't paying attention)

Have a great day everyone.

Anna
222/175/140

Last edited by beachfan37; 08-04-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:27 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Jack-K

Welcome back lady! So glad you are home safe and sound and had a blast. That is what vacation is all about.

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread