Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #31  
**No Excuses**

Fluid, boy we must be kindred souls, lol. I wish it were that simple though. Yeah, I think a meditation is just the thing. Maybe a lil ritual to go along with it, get me in the mood. Hope you and yours is having a wonderful day.
Old 04-14-2003, 01:00 PM   #32  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Fluid/ Aradia - I would do a cleansing ritual to cleanse yourself of all the mean things you say to yourself, all the bad things that have been done in your past. (I once did this and the incense actually exploded).

Here's my Ritual Bath Cleansing spell: (do it on a New Moon)

Prep: Cast your circle or whatever you do to start the ritual.

Meditate on what you want to accomplish in this ritual. Ask for help from whatever gods and goddesses you choose.

Light some purifying incense like sage.

Pour a bath. (Don't get in yet).

Add to the bath Sea Salt. Bless the salt, "Goddess, please bless this salt so it may remove all the negative energies I have acquired over the years."

Take the incense. Banish all negative thoughts while turning in each corner. "With this Sign I banish ye, foul shades of the (Quarter)! Let this body be freed of your baneful influences!" (On a personal note, I have been much more specific, like past, present & future, "please banish all negative influence from Boyfriend X, please banish all negative influence from backstabbing friend Y, please banish all negative influence from myself.")

Get into the bath. Meditate there about what wrongs have been done to you in the past, how it influences your relationships today. This may take awhile.

When you're ready, get out of the bath. Annoint yourself in a cleansing oil (like lemon oil). With your hands, draw any negative energy or vibrations remaining, and cast them into the water in the bath by flicking or snapping your fingers at it. Repeat this until you feel all the negative energy flowing out of your body and into the bath. Don't touch the bath, as it is being filled with the negative forces you are eliminating. Empty the tub.

Light a new white candle. Sprinkle some consecrated sea salt on the dry bath tub. "I now bless and consecrate this bath so that it may cleanse my body and my soul and give me positive engeries from this day forth. So mote it be!"

To finish, I would light a pink candle, "God and Goddess, please bless this candle so that it may light a new purity in my heart."
and journal the positive things that you have in your current relationship. You may consider including an amythest in your ritual and wear it to remind you of present love you have.

Thank the gods and goddess. Close the circle, etc.

Ta-da! Hope you liked it!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:17 PM   #33  

Hi all, I guess I qualify for your little group of pagans! I have been practicing for the past 3 years and do it all by my self. My husband is christian so you can imagine what my husband thinks of it. But he'll live!

It's great to be able to chat with some others that follow the path.

Merry meet and blessed be,
Bella23
Old 04-16-2003, 07:53 AM   #34  
**No Excuses**

Jessicca- Thank you for the ritual. I'll try it soon. My life has gotten busy again, so I'm struggling, not only with my studies, but myeating seems to have taken a whirlwind path. I feel so out of control right now. I just want to crawl in a hole. My WI is tomarrow and I really dont want to go. I k now I have too, but I am so down on myself right now. I just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm thinking of you.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:18 AM   #35  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 320/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Re: wow!

Quote:
Originally posted by fluid_fiction
Mauv - )o( is the triple goddess symbol, in cyber speak.
You sure? I was told is represents the waxing, full, and waning moon.

As for me, I don'yt know if you'd consider me pagan - I don't know what I am! I believe in a genderless creator deity, and have a lot of interest in Native American spirituality, but I haven't managed to pigeonhole myself.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #36  
deleted2

About )0(------The Goddess is represented by the waxing, full, and waning moon [among other things!] so in the swirling cauldron of Wicca-speak it's all good!

Goddess Jessica, thanks for sharing your ritual.

Old 04-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Hi everyone,
Mind if I join in? My husband and I have dabbled and have read a lot about witchcraft...my husband is 1/2 Oglala Souix-so we have are into a lot of Native American spirituality and other sorts of mythology and religions as well.
We had a renaissance themed wedding, with a pagan "handfasting" ritual as well as regular Christian vows. (We married in the same Methodist Church as my husband's parents were married in, but the pastor was a high school friend of mine, who had studied many sorts of religions in college, and was open to the idea, as long as we didn't do anything derogitory towards the Methodist religion in the ceremony.)
It was actually really cool-we had a pewter chalice in the ceremony, and black gothic candelabras with ivory candles...and everyone dressed in medieval fashion...
I am into costuming, renaissance, sci-fi, and I am another of the bellydance sisters around here.
I do not practice regularly, but I read a lot and have dabbled a bit...I guess I was sort of meant to...I was born on the night of October 30...I have asked my mother many, many times-why she just couldn't wait another hour or two...
Aphil
Old 04-16-2003, 06:26 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 320/200/150

Quote:
Originally posted by Eydie
About )0(------The Goddess is represented by the waxing, full, and waning moon [among other things!] so in the swirling cauldron of Wicca-speak it's all good!

Goddess Jessica, thanks for sharing your ritual.

Ahhhh, gotcha!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:19 PM   #39  

new here and pagan count me in
Old 04-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #40  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Wierdest thing...I go into my local new age bookshop. And the owner says...so you are getting married. How in the world did she know??? I suppose she could have read the wedding licence's in the local paper...but even then, that is a bit spooky! She (the owner) is a doll...she gave me a wedding gift. It is a wedding ritual kit. We chatted for a bit...and then said, okay you are more relaxed now, I will let you get back to your packing. And the phone rang. I have a similar gift of "knowing" stuff but it is with family.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:07 AM   #41  

Default yays!

I was just going to start a thread to see if there were any others in here, but now I see I don't have to!
I too was wondering if anyone was using any pagan based ideas to help them with their weight loss. I need specifics here! I have always been solitary myself, and damn I guess it's been almost 7 years now for me. I haven't done a lot with it lately, because I just don't feel very connected in the place that I live. I know that sounds weird, but where I lived before I could easily go outside and be alone and feel it, now I'm in a city environment and it just isn't the same.

"I often thought some of them were being weird for the sake of trying to be weird in order to draw attention to themselves and weren't really on the path."
someone said that. and I couldn't agree more. I have had this problem with making pagan friends, and honestly I haven't got any now. I'm not trying to be judgemental and I know I am not better a witch than any other person, but I feel like some of these people I've met have watched the movie "The Craft" like 5 times, and decided they were pagan! So annoying.

Someone asked about resources... I think some good resources are www.witchvox.com and www.witchware.com for some great items and essays. Umm... I'm thinking and I can't come up with any others. I have read a lot of books and it seems like even most of the books are geared toward 13 year old girls.

Anyway, I am eager to hear anyone's ideas on weightloss pagan style. The only think I could find in any of my books was to envision some symbol over your plate of food before you eat. And I thought it was kinda stupid... something like
---><--- or something like that.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just excited to see some pagans on the board.

***on a side note, one should not be ******ed. one should read the entire thread of messeges before posting... i realize now that in my excitement to post, i skipped not one, but two pages worth of postings. please ignore me *LOL* ***

Last edited by lizziness; 04-19-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #42  

lizz - I am excited to see pagans as well on these threads. I am on a couple others and they all seem so christian. I don't mind that at all (as that my husband is christian) but it's just nice to see others here with my point of view. How great would it be to all meet.

The day is good

Bella23
Closed Thread