Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 07:01 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

right back at ya Fluid! I was actually referring to live action role playing in my area, it just got silly and turned into a very highschool production of currying favor, incestous dating, gossiping and backstabbing, and that was outside the parameters of the game!

Then there were the people who would obfuscate when they saw you on the street in the middle of the afternoon, during the week when you were in your work clothes

I still like the game itself and would enjoy playing again sometime, I still have mine and DH's character notes. He actually played with a group in Seattle when he was out there on business and had a great time.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #17  
**No Excuses**

Ooo, did someone mention Role Playing? I got so addicted to do that online, I absolutely loved it! I have aol and still dabble in it a bit. My area is so closed minded for something like that though.

How is all the lil witches doing this morning? And I did say witches, lol. I'm getting ready to head off for a long weekend at work, gah. I hate pulling 2 12s and a 9. Oh well gotta make the money.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #18  
Must Shrink.

I'm a lazy pagan. Mostly I do tarot, hug the trees.... go to the odd ritual.

Getting big into sacred circle dance...

Lam
Old 04-11-2003, 07:48 PM   #19  
Hot Stuff

Mauv, sorry I didn't get to answer you sooner, it's been a week and a half.
)O( is the cycle of the moon...waxing, full, waning...or is also seen as the triple goddess, as mentioned...maiden, mother, crone. It was my attempt at humor..."wax and wane in frequency". I have to say I agree with you on the type of pagan who seems to be in it just for the "show"...dripping with pagan jewellry, long black clothing, freaky hair/piercings....not that there's anything wrong with that stuff, I know and like lots of people who have various combinations of it, it's just the phoniness of it all put together....paganism is a religion just like any other and you don't need to scream it to live it. I'd feel the same way about anyone dripping with the costumes and jewellry for any religion.

RavensToy, the best online resource I've found is http://www.witchvox.com . I've mentioned it here before, and it continues to improve and grow in leaps and bounds over the years. It's quite huge now!

I'm a solitary of family traditions, descended from women known as "village witches". Been on the path for almost 17 years and have never looked back. I think one knows when it is right...it's feeling like you've come home and there is a great sense of peace and comfort. People of all religions have expressed that same feeling, and can't imagine being anything else. So it is with Paganism, regardless of which traditions you follow.

Like Lamorgan, I've gone to the occasional gathering, usually for one of the major sabbats, held a few small ones at home, but for the most part I practice quietly. Yes, I do wear a pentacle. Just one, though...used to wear a necklace but then hubby bought me a diamond pendant, so now I wear a ring. I've had more than my share of discrimination over the years, but I've found the best way to handle negative comments about the pentacle is to simply say, "Oh, you have a problem with the four elements being surrounded by spirit?" They usually realize they're ignorant on the subject and go away.

Gotta go play chauffeur.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:20 PM   #20  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am looking for a wedding blessing....I had one, and I have no idea on what happened to it. Do any of you have one??? I have no creative juices to make one up right now. I have too much on my mind!
Old 04-12-2003, 04:48 AM   #21  

Aradia> did you play Vampire online? we may know eachother from the chats... *S*

flower> how about this...

Above you are the stars, below you are the stones
as time passes, remember....
Like a star should your love be constant
Like a stone should your love be firm
Keep your roots planted deep in your love
Let your branches stretch seperately in the sun and wind
Give to eachother patience, kindness, and understanding
for these are good food for your roots.
Share with eachother respect, experiences, sunshine, and love
for these are good food for your branches.
Be free in the giving of affection and warmth
that when storms come they will pass quickly

Old 04-12-2003, 07:35 AM   #22  
**No Excuses**

Fluid,
I sure did. I still do sometimes, but now mostly private SLs. Did you play on aol? I can 'try' to think of some of my old chars names.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:35 PM   #23  

That is a beautiful blessing Fluid

I have been reading up on paganism and Wicca and am thinking of going the Celtic route since I am Scottish (really Scottish-as in my parent's still have their accents) and have already been delving into my roots and Celtic lore. I think it is the path that I may be most interested in.

I am planning on doing more research and testing the waters.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #24  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Mauv- Are you sure you and I aren't sisters? I mean, Canada is no where near California but how can all the LARPers be the same????

Well, you witches will be happy to know that I'm waking up at DAWN on May Day to bring the sun up... I mean SOMEONE has to do it. I'm a Morris Dancer (if you don't know what that is Google it) and every May Day morning we get up at dawn and dance. Well, this year my Cute Boyfriend and I are taking it even farther and dance (and drinking) all May Day.

As for organizing, a woman I met found out that I was a Morris Dancer and I found out she was a pagan and I may even dance some Beltaine festivities in a park. How fun!
Old 04-12-2003, 03:06 PM   #25  

oooh Jessica! i want to come!!

gee, witches and LaRPers.... what a combo... *g*

Aradia - in the White Wolf chats? i love it. i ST for the Malkavian game, so it sucks up my life. not that i mind.

thanks, Mauv. i plan to use it if i ever get that brave.... lol

Old 04-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #26  

If we are sisters Jessica, I want to be the evil twin

Speaking of gaming, I am off to my convention in London tomorrow where I will spend 4 days surrounded by gamers and Larpers Should be cool and I will probably meet some fun and interesting people
Old 04-13-2003, 12:14 PM   #27  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thnaks Fluid...Mauv, have a great time! I hope we will see ea other before I head down to Vegas on Saturday. So don't forget to post on Friday!
Old 04-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #28  
**No Excuses**

ladies, we are too quiet today. Must have had a h*ll of a Sat night, lol. Well I gots a question, maybe spark some convo.

I have this absolutely wonderful man in my life, and I'm hopeing by the end of this year I wont be unwed, but anyways..he tells me how beutiful and wonderful and sexy I am, but gals, I mean, come on. I have been put down all my life and done most of the putting myself, what I'm wondering is, is ther something, a meditaion, chant, spell anything that can help me see me as he sees me. Because I believe if I could look at myself through his eyes, then maybe I wouldnt be so hard on myself.

Anyone?

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:08 PM   #29  

Aradia

let's create one.

i'm in very much the same situation.... after years and years of dating bums and subjecting myself to relationships that were always abusive on some level, i've finally found one of the three good straight men left.

maybe a meditation? i'm not sure what works best for you...

Old 04-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #30  

and THIS is why i love him so much....

his thought on the meditation was this...

"if you want to see yourself the way he sees you, wear the same "glasses" that you wear to look at him, to look at yourself."

makes sense.... now if i can just remember it myself...

Closed Thread