Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Post weekend chat 15th and 16th

I have been in the garage from 8-3:30, with a 1/2 hour break for lunch. I have made a major dent. I would probably still be there, but I saw the most gigantic black widow and I am just a tad freaked. It went behind the shelves and I keep imagining more to pop out of the boxes. Normally they don't bother me cause I can go SQUISH and be done with it, but this thing was huge and boy could she out run me!!! I don't have any bug spray to spray into the hole, so for now, I am done! Yuck.

I found two boxes for the bedroom that I didn't realize I was missing. One full of photos of me and Terry in our beginning years. Before cancer. I remember so little of those days... It was such a life time ago. I wasn't in the mood to remember cause I have lost all momentum now. On top of the photos were silk pj's. So the box was labeled pj's. I wouldn't of opened it if I knew what else was in there.

The other box was a dresser box. 12 more bras, 10 MORE pairs of underwear and at least 24 pairs of pantyhose and tights opened, and 8 pairs never opened. Also was the tie to my robe and about 3 dozen pairs of black socks. The socks and the tie were the only things I was wondering where they were. I am not a black sock wearer normally, but I had to wear them for 2 of my last jobs. My dresser is over flowing and I still have nothing I want to wear!

I have organized the camping gear. I put away all the Christmas under the stairs. I placed Terry's comics, star trek stuff, his high school books and misc stuff of his on pallets under the other stair well. I brought in all the albulms. Went though the hand me downs and got Grif clothes out for this summer. I probably emptied 2 dozen boxes. There are now more broken down boxes than filled boxes. I want to get plastic tubs to organize the hand me downs by sizes and store them in the attic crawl space...But not any day soon! I have about 6 boxes of art work to go though. Terry was a painter as well as my grandma was. I have tons of art I have collected over the years too. Need to see what matches this house and what to store. I feel like this project will never end. (Kinda like Ruthxxx's bathroom wallpaper!)

I was hoping to come on line and see all these new posts...but it is a quiet Saturday. Guess everyone has a life. I got in all 5 of my veggie servings before dinner today!!! I will be walking in about an hour. Not sure how far I can go, but it has got to be easier than the garage! I really want to get my gym back together. I will bribe Chris with something to get him to do it on his next day off. I just have to make sure, everything is out of the space in the garage. I estimate 2 days more of work. Long days! But it feels good to get something done. I have drinken so much water that I have been on the potty all day! (seems like it anyways) I might have to break down and turn my furnace back on tonight. It is a chilly one today. By the way, my 13 year old entertained Grif all day and he cleaned Grif's room for me. It isn't up to my standards but you can walk on the carpet agin! I can't be too picky as I had a day to myself to get something done.

What is everyone else up to? ~flower
Old 03-16-2003, 07:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Geepers, Flower... you're a whirlwind! You must feel great getting so much accomplished...
I'm sorry about your PJ box experience. Hugs, sweetie...
By the way, I'll take the black socks, please.

I had a long nap after taking my parents home yesterday. And I ate like a pig. Oh, and I also convinced myself that I have that killer respiratory infection that's going around the world. I don't know why I'm not getting better. Yesterday my body was aching, and I figured it was the "flu-like symptoms" of the disease hitting me. But I've just remembered... when I picked my parents up at the airport on Friday, I had to lift their friggin' 200 pound suitcases several times. So it must be muscle pain.

Sweet DH is taking the children to church this morning. I'll be ALONE!! I'm going to try to get him to take the kids to visit his Mom afterwards. She can give DS a haircut. He looks like a street urchin.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:01 AM   #3  
you can call me flower

Okay...I am stiff as a popcycle stick! I must go do some stretches, but I am afraid I might get stuck! Does that happen to any of you, or am I just getting old before my time???

Ellis-you do not have some killer virus! Silly girl! Just gotta take it easy and baby yourself for a few days. You'll start feeling better and if not, go see the doc.

I have plans to unpack 7 boxes I brought inside filled with misc stuff. Don't you love those boxes. A million differnt things all in a box. But I want to get rid off all these cardboard boxes and I am making one or two trips to the recycling center all at once to do it. So I gotta get it all done.

I am driving to Walmart. I want a Sunday paper and it is only 99 cents there instead of 200 at all the machines. I need milk too. I will let the kids get a box of lil debbie snacks each. I won't touch them so they are safe here. If it gets sunny we will walk to the park. If not, excersice will wait till this evening. I will be brave and take the dog for another run!

I will check in later and see what else eveyone has been up to.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! We have ROBINS!! Spring is on her way!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:08 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Winter is male, right?
Old 03-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Damn right! And I hope his dink freezes off next year!
Old 03-16-2003, 11:29 PM   #7  

Good evening Ladies!
I am so glad spring is here! It must have been 70 today! This weekend has been the wierdest!

The hubby has been in a good mood! He is usually a grumpy old fart on the weekends because he is not around us during hte week because he works 7p-7a and we are gone 7:30a-6p> usually he is *****ing at us for one reason or another. But he slept at night like the rest of us and was quite pleasent! We went to dinner ALONE and even locked ourselves in the bedroom during daylight hours!!!

I finally found a building I can afford to rent to make wedding cakes in and he agreed I should spend the money! (If you only knew how amazing that is in itself!!!)

I do not want to go to work tomorrow! I hate Mondays! I may take a new position at the resort. I am not sure if I want to "jump from the frying pan into the fire" as my mother says.

Have a WONDERFUL week! I will miss weigh in at WW tomorrow because I have a wedding cake appt. so I will weigh in at the spa(try to get my toes done as well)
Old 03-16-2003, 11:38 PM   #8  
you can call me flower

Sarajane-wow, good luck with your new venture. You should find a new real job if you hate Mondays that much. I know, easier said than done! Hope it isn't too bad. Glad hubby was in a good mood. I am sure most of us can relate!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:51 AM   #9  
Must Shrink.

Good morning!!!! I am so happy about the Robins! I haven't seen one yet, but I'm close by and so I'm assuming they are in Hagersville too!

We spent the March Break week putting in a new island in the kitchen. I now have a beautiful double sink, a large, smooth countertop and it looks so sexy.

Today I'll celebrate by making some low-cal veg soup and rice-crispie squares ... for the kids, of course.

I have to walk more and eat less.

I'd run, but I don't have any running shoes. I always wear my hiking boots.

Flower I sympathize about the unpacking... we moved 10 times in 15 years, but have finally settled. Coming up to 5 years at this house. On the down side; moving helps you get rid of junk, and my basement and attic are full of stuff. Useless stuff.

We need around 3 trips to the dump.

Til later...

Lam
Old 03-17-2003, 09:17 PM   #10  

I love the place I work at, but I m in need of a change. I can not imagine actually working any other place. It is such a beautiful, serene place(outside of my office!!). I am just tired of the hectic changes that just seem to happen at last minute! I can not believe that planners in the corporate world can be so indecisive. I will never actually leave Barnsley though. Maybe I could lose enough weight to be the beverage cart girl! They make great tips!

I did weigh in at the spa and lost 3 #!!!

I hope all of you are enjoying the Spring that has arrived. It makes it easier for me to get motivated. I need all the help I can get!

Have a great evening!
Closed Thread