Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 05:17 AM   #31  
Searching

Wow once again you gals blow me away with your thoughtful and insightful answers. I am looking to be somewhere between 123 and 145, with the most muscles possible. But really the weight doesn't matter as long as I get my waist below 28 inches. I carry all my weight in my belly and chest. Apple shaped, we are known for heart attacks. I do worry about getting to that magic number and obsessing about it I find Ren attitude very healthy. More than anything to be as beautiful on the outside as the inside. Because weight doesn't change who you really are.

Miss Chris
Old 03-12-2003, 08:36 AM   #32  
Must Shrink.

I haven't weighed myself in over a year... and I'm still doing OK, but this winter has been long and my favourite jeans are feeling less comfortable than they did. So I imagine that I'd like to lose 10 pounds.

With my mid-life metabolism, I don't think I mind being around 140 pounds, I'm 5'5" and size 10 makes me quite happy. My highest weight was 163? around 4 years ago, and 2 years ago I went down to 130.

My peeve about weight loss is the obsessive mind set that I adopt when I get going... I choose low-point bread instead of 100% Rye or Spelt... Why can't whole grains be low points?

Anyway, I'm at it again ~ i

Humph.

Lois
Old 03-12-2003, 10:46 AM   #33  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

LaMOrgan/Lois Welcome back...We have missed you!!!
Old 03-12-2003, 12:45 PM   #34  
a brave new me...

Angry Bread

Lamorgan... look for "Natural Ovens Bakery" breads... whole grains, high fiber, and many are low calorie (50-60 cals, 3+ g fiber, 1 g fat, & includes omega 3 fatty acids per slice)... with any type of whole grain you can think of. You might be able to find it in the natural foods section of a good grocery store. Its the only type of bread I eat at home. Delicious, healthy... although expensive. (over $3.00 per loaf). And they also make delicious cinnamon raisin bread, ww rolls, muffins, several varieties of bagels, and cookies... all healthy, whole grain, and very good.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:33 AM   #35  
Must Shrink.

I did find a spelt bread from Stonemill Bakery and it's expensive too, but I'm the only one who eats it and I keep it in the freezer and toast it...

I think it's around 55 cal/slice.

1 point. Won't kill me.

Thanks for the welcome back... Always seems to be this time of year I come back!

Lois
Old 03-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #36  
a brave new me...

Angry Numbers

I weigh myself everyday... the only days I don't are when I am not eating very well. I find that if I don't keep track of the numbers, I am probably gaining. I record my weight only once a week though (Monday) and I take and record my measurements once a month.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:04 PM   #37  

I like the Stonemill bread too, Lois...I find that I am used to wholegrain now and don't like white bread so much. I freeze it too since I am the only one to eat it (and it keeps me from eating too much of it also!).

Lidian
Closed Thread