Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #1  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Soozie-Glad to hear you are feeling better. And GOOD FOR YOU for getting that project done!!! I have so many unfinished projects around here it is PATHETIC!!!!!
Old 02-02-2003, 02:15 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Woo hoo Soozie!

You are feeling better, were losing weight (being sick is a minor setback) and finishing projects. You are my hero
Old 02-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #3  
the kid's counting on me!

Thanks Den, Thanks Squeak...I'm printing out the last five photos for DD's godmother's scrapbook from our trip to Disney. They had all been printed but yesterday I left DD's empty cereal bowl in the family room...well empty except for about five ounces of milk...ummmm...and then I kicked the tray table over that the bowl was sitting on...the tray table crashed to the floor and DD and I were just staring at each other getting ready to celebrate because amazingly the cereal bowl flew off of the tray table and landed right on DD's little kid plastic table...right side up!!!! Then I realized that the milked had spattered on some of the photos...but, really, at least I didn't have to clean milk up off of my carpet!

Anyway, I'll be finished this by tomorrow...would have it done tonight but sometimes the prints stay alittle damp and the ink can smudge so I may not try to cut and paste them until tomorrow.

I finally rented Austin Power's Goldmember last night. It was cute, funny. We're going to watch Men in Black II tonight. Hope that is funny. Working on building my immune system through laughter

The kid started with conjunctivitis yesterday. In one eye so far. Of course she'll be banned from school. Mine has lasted ten days so far! Hope the kid gets better more quickly. She'll be the an insane caged animal if I have to keep her home for two weeks. I'm so completely boring for her...not to mention how her mommies will have to juggle our schedules and I already missed all of last week as I was sick...oy vay!!

I'll stop moaning and groaning because lets face it...life is good and conjunctivitis is a nuisance but it gets better and goes away...thankfully, blessedly!

I'll get back to the gym again soon Squeaky! I know it is a place you despise but I do love it. It makes me feel so strong and healthy! My legs still look better even though I haven't exercised for a week. Though the scale says I've gained about 3 pounds...I think I'm repeating myself now so..

TTYL girlies!
Love, Soozie
Old 02-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #4  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

Well, I did it... got a new car over the weekend. As much as I loved my 2000 Grand Vitara, I had a gut feeling something was wrong with it. The engine ticked like mad and the tranny had already been replaced at 16k - teaches me to buy a first model year I guess! So, I leased a 2003 Grand Vitara, with a warranty that covers bumper to bumper 7 years 75k. It's beeeeautiful and so much different than my old car - this thing is luxury!!!! Can't wait to drive to town this afternoon!

Lidian - Thanks for your comments on my visit. I talk to him every week, for about 20 minutes, then we run out of things to say. WHAT I'm going to do with him and his wife for 2 1/2 days is beyond me, but I'll figure something out. I'm looking forward to the trip more now than I was last week - but yes, I'm also looking forward to having it behind me and back in my own little comfort zone.

Soozie - Glad you're feeling better - but be careful of that pink eye! I had it once where it moved into my throat & sinuses - not a pleasant infection to have... I'm sending you a case of virtual anti-bacterial gel!

Well, I ate like a all weekend and I'm up a pound. But, my big stresses - planning my trip and buying/trading in my car, are all done now and I can refocus on ME!!!!
Next weekend I have to monitor the city bowling tournament so I have to figure what to do instead of eating crappy bowling alley food. Can't bring food in (I will sneak some snacks) so I'll have to really think on this...

Hugz,
Terri
Old 02-04-2003, 07:49 AM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

Ok - silly thing but I am so happy it is raining this morning. It rained a lot last night too. Normally I wouldn't be that thrilled, but it means it is warm enough out to rain instead of snow!

Ok, gotta grab breakfast.

laters,
Old 02-07-2003, 02:16 PM   #6  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Soozie!!! Where are you??

Hey girl,
Hope you are feeling better! You have had a very busy and sickly month. Hope all will be back to normal for you all soon. Take care!
Hugs to all
Virginia
Old 02-09-2003, 09:37 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

Just wanted to pop in and say hello!

Things have been very busy, and when I do get a day to myself, I haven't been doing a damn thing.

Hope everyone is well...
Old 02-10-2003, 08:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Squeak darling... glad to hear you're relaxing... hope everything is going well. Hugs... xoxo

Soozie, how are you feeling? How is little DD? Hope you're all well!

Terri, that's great news about the new car! I hope it's a good one!

DD is home sick today with a bad cough. We're going to watch The Banger Sisters together in bed.
I need to call the doctor's office to make her an appointment for a general checkup, but I HATE calling there!! I'm on hold forever, and then when I DO get the receptionist, she's completely lacking in social skills. I'm ready to have a stroke by the time I'm finished with her.

Have a lovely day all!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey, I'm sick too, ellis, can I come over and watch the Banger Sisters too? I'll bring my own tea and honey. Wasn't it you that had the sore throat remedy with cider vinegar? I called my doc and he was swamped (Thank God) so he will call something into the pharmacy for me...good! I hate sitting, shivering in the waiting room.

On the bright side, unless I get my appetite back between now and tomorrow morning, I am down 6 lbs from last week's weigh in...talk about a silver lining!
Old 02-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #10  

Kat, you sweet thing... of COURSE you can come and cozy up with us.
I'm glad you got a prescription. Our medical office won't allow call-in prescriptions anymore, the miserable sods. VERY annoying when you've got something that you can self-diagnose because you get it several times a year. Like a UTI.

Hey, congratulations on the 6 pounds! Keep it off!! And get better soon.
Oh... 1 tsp of cider vinegar in a glass of water. It's a preventative measure, not a cure.

ps... the movie was a hoot.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

I'm not sick, I just wanna watch the movie, can I come too?

Kat - Sorry you aren't feeling well. But congrats on the 6 lbs!

Ellis - I have no problem calling the doctor's office, I just don't like going. I hope your DD is feeling better too.

I haven't had much time to myself, so when I do get it, I have been really trying to relax. I spent more time at work on Sunday then I do on a normal day.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #12  

Come on over, Squeak darling! We'll have a fat friends convention. We'll get a couple of boxes of those chocolate laxatives, some good chick flicks, and what... wine? Is there no-cal wine?
xoxo
Old 02-10-2003, 08:33 PM   #13  

Well, if there isn't, there should be! Wine should be in a calorie free zone I think...I just take a sip out of DH's glass so I don't drink too many of my calories, unless of course it has been VERY stressful! And then I get me a glass and fill er up!

Speaking of laxatives, you know those sugar-free toffees are just like Ex-Lax...can't remember the brand, and maybe now they are different but I recall years ago having a bag of sugar-free toffees and - well! My goodness! Then I finally read the bag and there was a teeny little disclaimer about eating too many at once (hee hee) - who knew there was a disclaimer on a bag of candy? And to think there are people who don't eat the whole bag at once (it was a pretty small bag too!)!

I could eat a whole box of chocolates in one evening! After I had my second child I ate a whole bag of Chunks Ahoy (no kidding!) in about an hour one evening because I figured I was going to lose so much postpartum, I might lose too much at once (as if!). Also my in-laws were there helping and being, well, helpful, and I needed the chocolate chips!!

Ellis and Kat and Soozie, hope you all feel better soon. Sit down or lie down as much as possible and let someone else do whatever! That is what doctors ought to write in their prescriptions, dontcha think? "This woman MUST lie on a couch and be waited on" - "Naps and a stack of fun magazines, to be taken three times daily" - that kind of thing...

And hi to everyone else!

Lidian
Old 02-10-2003, 08:44 PM   #14  

Thanks, Lidian.
I think you're talking about Sobee candies or something or other. I've felt the effects of a full bag, too!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:35 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Lidian...I like your prescriptions! I think those sugar free candies contain Sorbital, which is the culprit..stear clear! Of course, moderation in all things is the key! Ha! Do we know what that word means?

Actually, I have managed to lose 13 lbs total since Jan...this illness gave me a big push. Hey, I'll take a loss however I can get it! Just wish those HORSE PILLS (Amoxicillin) kick in soon! Wouldn't you think they'd prescribe a liquid med for someone with a sore throat, and not pills that are the size of jelly beans?

Okay...I'm going back to bed now, thanks for the good wishes, see you tomorrow!
Closed Thread