Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I am new to this group. I am looking forward to all of us making some noise

I am a correctional officer and realized I need to be in better shape for the times $h*T hits the fan.... I was up to 194 at one point! That was one pound lighter that I was when I was full term, on delievery table with my now 4.5 year old. I did HCG, hated it. Will preach about how horrible it is. I did get down to 175ish, but sooner or later was back up to 180s!!

As of now, I do myfitnesspal to chart calories, because I tend to not eat enough... I get in the mindset less= more weight loss, and I KNOW that is not the case. I work out about 6 times a week

I am down 15lbs since Dec, however, I am down A LOT of inches. I feel much better and it is nice that I look forward to my time in the gym now. I LOVE it!

Does anyone play Fable 2?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #17  
Force of Nature

Lovely- I always feel so accomplished and grown up when I go shopping and get healthy food lol I feel like I have just made a huge difference in my life... now if I can just stick to EATING the healthy food....

NO MORE FURRY STRAWBERRIES!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #18  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

I keep berries in my freezer at all times. I also have some green beans and broccoli. Perfect snacks. My mom says that frozen grapes are similar to ice cream.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #19  
Made of Starstuff

3trip - The only member of my family who never had weight issues was my eldest brother. And he had to join the army in order to keep it completely off. Buying clothes in a normal store is one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to.

& berries in the freezer is a good thing. I dunno that grapes taste like ice cream when frozen to me, but they're great because it takes me a while to eat them, so a cup of them keeps me busy for a whole movie on tv or the like

Ryeb - Grats on your work so far! Love your avatar I've never played Fable 2. Or Fable 1 for that matter. But, they both looked cool.

Sugar - Oh boy I know what you're talking about. I'll occasionally find one lone apple stuffed in my fruit drawer. It's all bruised and sad looking. Poor apple.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #20  

I felt accomplished when I actually compared labels for the FIRST time ever in a store. Next step, compare sale prices lol

Lovely- I asked because I saw some people played WoW. I have never played it, but due to the fact that I never have played on the PC, just xbox...
Old 05-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #21  
Force of Nature

I have never played fable or WoW either, I know some people that do. I just never got into it.... I do play sims though
Old 05-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #22  
Made of Starstuff

I'm a WoW player, and I've played a bit on the PS & Wii, but I don't own an xbox so no games for me there.

I actually got Portal 2 the other day... I really have to play that, as I love puzzle games.

The Sims! Oh man, I remember playing that when it first came out way back when and waiting for the call to adopt a baby and all that stuff. I still play the older Sims occasionally. Up through... I think it was SuperStar was the last expansion for the oldest one.

I tried Sims 2 a bit, but never got quite as into it. Not sure why!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #23  
Force of Nature

really? I have ever sims game that has come out 1-3 lol and all expansions. I am a nerd woot woot... but its okay I love it.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #24  
Made of Starstuff

My favorite thing about the sims always will be creating the "perfect" houses. I'd go download various furniture and wallpaper and just spend hours and hours designing houses and then fixing the decor.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #25  
Force of Nature

pshha I still love that aspect lol and you can get "custom content" which means you can have awesome furniture and stuff thats not in the original game. *sigh* I am addicted.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #26  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

I was glued to sims 3 for a while. When I replaced my computer I never put it back. I have to get into it again. I loved it.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #27  

I would do the same thing with making the perfect house! I would have different profiles and one was always the slutty girl. It was like I was vicuriously living through my slutty/paryting sim lol
Old 05-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #28  
Made of Starstuff

*laughing* A slutty sim!

I think my thing with families was love triangles. I'd get them all to love eachother and then wait it out until one of them got jealous...eventually these huge fights started.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #29  
Featherweight Member

Height: 5'2" - Small frame

LOVELY, Thank you ...yes, the schedule is pretty hectic, and to add to it, that also affects my sleep, hence affects my hunger levels

Yesterday, for instance, I figurered, if I order a crispy chicken sandwich from Wendys and I dont eat the bun nor the mayo, I am good at 200 something calories for part of my lunch. But, then, I was in the internet, and found the nutritional info for the sandwich. It was perverse! Nearly 1000 mg of sodium only on the patty, plus msg, and a bunch of other things I wont even dare to pronounce...no wonder why I was soooo thirsty the rest of the day.

...When I am in my home base, I spend lots of time running from concourse to concurse, trying to gather a few "healthy" choices. Ex.: concourse A for steam rice from the chinese place, concourse C for a concession that, amazinly enough, have Faye greek yogurt (not the organic kind thou), somewhere in B there is a stand with fruits (bananas and apples...)...finding good protein is alway a challenge.

I guess that is why I count calories, because I cant rely on just "eating organic, non processed foods" three weeks out of four, let alone at regular meal times, and getting enough sleep.

Now, I do get plenny or running around and coffee thou ...and some amazing gyms at the layover hotels...that helps.

Triptriptrip Welcome! Love New Mexico! Amazing hiking and gorgeous hotsprings in Jemez...and Santa Fe!! (my all time favorite place) --

As you can read in my post, I completely relate to the lack of consistent schedule and good food availability. Is there a health club at your school? Or do they offer physical ed or dance classes that you can take as electives? I remember registering for aerobics and salsa when I was in college, as a way to force myself to keep in motion at least three times a week. It was a nice break between lectures---

Ryeb Welcome! Great job on your weight loss! wow...six times a weeks gym sessions...that is fantastic! --- I also use myfitness pal to chart calories...I am still trying to figure out my way around the app, thou it seems pretty simple.

I have a friend that is now doing the HGC. I havent check with her in a while, but I was wondering what were some of the side effects you suffered from it.

Last edited by Bluenach; 05-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #30  
Featherweight Member

Height: 5'2" - Small frame

SugarComa, I posted a reply to you a couple of days ago in another thread, regarding your boyfriend situation.
See if you can find it
Closed Thread