Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 10:03 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That is great news Mrs. M! Big

Teri-we have not heard from Chris on this thread for a while. I think someone tried to pm her a week or two ago and got no response...anyone else heard anything? I hope she is doing okay.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI EVERYONE!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes, prayers, thoughts and vibes. My Mom came through the procedure VERY well and I had her home within 3 hours after the procedure!! We don't have the results yet, but the doctor feels it IS a reoccurrence of her bladder cancer. Disappointing news, but this guy is REALLY good, and has always stayed on top of this. He has gotten ALL the tumors before they even grew into the wall of the bladder. So best of the worst so to speak. A slow growing cancer (at least it was last time), which was taken out very quickly. He called it a "Rinky dink little tumor" that was the size of the ball on a ball point pen! Don't know yet if he will do Chemo or wait for 3 months to see if another one develops (it has been over 10 years since the last one.) My Mom is more upset about going back to 3 month checkups than the idea that the cancer is back!!!

Mrs.M- I am SO relieved to hear your results!!!! I was really worrying about you. PLEASE don't turn down the doctor in Chicago too fast. Having a REALLY good doctor is worth the extra hassle.

Virginia-Sorry to hear about Gordie. That is really a shame. I'm sending good vibes out to his family AND to you and yours. It is difficult losing anyone, but especially someone so young.

Ellis-Good News about that Dougie!!!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:00 PM   #18  
a brave new me...

Default Devastating News

Well, today we had that "dye test" aka HSG to test whether my fallopian tubes are open. In July we were told that my husband has a low sperm count. Two weeks ago we were told that my lab tests indicated PCOS. Today they told us that my left tube is totally blocked and my right tube is mostly blocked. The test, which is supposed to be only uncomfortable with some cramping... was incredibly painful. This happens when the tubes are blocked, as the dye isn't able to flow freely through the tubes and ends up swelling everything. So I was lying there with these horrible clamps and tubes and pain under this huge xray machine with two doctors and two nurses and my poor husband watching with tears rolling down my face. It really hurt... like horrible, doubling-over cramping. And then we are watching the screen and we can tell by the look and tone of the doctors that something is not right. It was horrible. I am devastated. With all three infertility problems it is extremely unlikely we will ever be able to have children. And then to top it all off, the blocked tubes put us at high risk for a tubal pregnancy and the PCOS puts us at a higher risk for miscarriage... if by some miracle the egg and sperm manage to ever meet on their own.

I had to be wheeled out in a wheel chair and have spent most of the day on the couch crying and trying to shake off this shock and recovering from the pain. Please pray for us as we have some major decisions to make... our only options are invitro fertilization or adoption or not ever having children.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:12 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Sojo sweetie, my DH and I are saying lots of prayers for you and your hubby. I'm so sorry you've had to go through such a miserable experience. And you're in pain. Hugs, hon.
Don't give up hope, okay? I have a couple of friends who've successfully given birth thanks to invitro. But if you make the decision to adopt, you'll be the best mom. You've got so much to offer, and adoption can be the most blessed gift. Hang in there, hon. We love you.

Little Den, we miss you when you're not here. Your mom is in good hands. Imagine finding something so small. What a great doctor she's got to keep on top things. I'll keep her on my prayer list.

Virginia, how was Gordie's funeral? His dear family... so young. That's my biggest fear. I'm not afraid of dying (although I DO have a few things I'd like to do first.), but the thought of leaving my children when they're still young...
Hugs and prayers...

Love and hugs to all of my wonderful fat friends. (no offense )
Old 11-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #20  

Sojo.........so sorry to hear about your painful ordeal....

I adopted my daughter when she was 7 years old and I cannot imagine loving her anymore if I had given birth to her myself. I know we all want to have our own biological children, and I know that you know this.......but if it helps, you can still be a mom and as Ellis mentioned - you will be a great mom.

Hugs and love, Terri
Old 11-06-2002, 10:23 AM   #21  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Sojo-big hugs for you!!!!! ~flower
Old 11-06-2002, 01:53 PM   #22  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sojo, My heart goes out to you hun! You have been through so much and are such a special person to be able to deal with it all, so when the time comes for you and your hubby to be parents, whatever way possible, I just know that child will be loved so much. Bug hugs to you both!

Ellis the funeral was very very large, my hubby says. I unfortunately could not attend as my it was at a time when I just could not get away from work. Everyone understood! My heart was there. He had many people come to pay their respects. One of their friends wrote a lovely poem in memory of him. My hubbies mom is home from ThunderBay, Ont. and they went together. We are taking her out for dinner tomorrow evening, as she returns on Saturday. It will be nice to spend some time with her, just wish the circumstances were different.

Virginia
Closed Thread