Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2002, 01:54 PM   #46  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Den- Love the Blues song/Poem. Sounds like you and hubby make an awesome writing team!
Virginia
Old 10-06-2002, 06:17 PM   #47  

Height: 5'-2"

Virginia, that's so sweet... I just about cried! Thank you... may I print it off?

Den, you're killin' me. Hmmm... that sounds like a VERY familiar experience. Times two.

Thanks to everyone else for sharing... I've got to catch up tomorrow after the gym. Back soon....
xoxo
Old 10-06-2002, 06:42 PM   #48  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

DITTWO!!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 07:19 PM   #49  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Ellis you go right ahead and print it off if you like. I can relate with the C Section Blues too Den, also times two.
Virginia
Old 10-06-2002, 07:54 PM   #50  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Great poem Virginia!

Den- great song-you are a hoot!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:08 PM   #51  

Oh my gosh, Den! We should have know that Virginia was a two-timer, too! Okay, I just want you to know that NEITHER of you could possibly have as ugly a stomach as I do. I've never seen anything like it. It's a "look at me and puke" stomach.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:37 AM   #52  
the kid's counting on me!

Ellis stop talking about Ellis' stomach that way...and don't scare squeek she hasn't had her babies yet
Den I love that song even tho I've only had one of those experiences personally...not two...but I could totally relate.
Virginia what a sweet poem...thank you for posting it.
Thanks for all of the beautiful words girls. I'm really enjoying reading them.
Love,
Soozie
Old 10-07-2002, 06:55 AM   #53  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I love both of those poems Virgina & Den!!

You girls rock. But now I want to read more from you two, so keep 'em coming....

and I am a looooong way off from having a baby, but soozie is right, stop scaring me.
Old 10-07-2002, 04:20 PM   #54  
a work in progress...

Hey Den!!!

Me two! You're playin' my song! Nice one...
Old 10-07-2002, 04:27 PM   #55  

Okay, is there some sort of relation thing happening here? That's a heck of a lot of c-sections!
Old 10-07-2002, 04:30 PM   #56  
a work in progress...

...some sort of cosmic link through our "bikini cuts?"
Old 10-07-2002, 11:10 PM   #57  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!! Thanks for all your encouraging remarks!!

QUICK POLL: How many of you C-Section Mamas had a staple left in? I did with the second one. Found it when the steri strips finally came off!!!

Ellis-OH YEA? Well, mine is huge (that is where I carry most of my weight) covered with TONS of stretch marks (BIG babies, and with the second, twice the normal amount of amniotic fluid. As DH so sweetly put it 4 two liter bottles of Mountain Dew!!), It sags OVER the incision and is MUCH uglier than YOURS!!!!! In its favor though, it sure has taken a lot of punishment and kept on going!!!! OH!! Also, My belly button blew during the last pregnancy, and I don't see getting it repaired until I lose some weight, so it is sticking out on top of it all!!!

Squeak-Sorry for all the graphic descriptions. My Mom had her second Lamaze style and really had no problem with either delivery. I was just unlucky enough to take after my grandmother!!!!

TG-DH does the readings. Despite my big mouth on-line I freeze up in front of a crowd. He does just readings, but one of his friends performs with a band. He has done readings at local Universities, Coffee Shops, Bookstores Libraries, the elementary school when our kids were there, and he and aforementioned friend even had a show called "The Vision of Words" on Detroit Public Schools radio for 3 years. He just reminded me that he also participated in readings at the Capital Theatre and a restaurant called "The Sandwich Mill" in Windsor. He does C-Section Blues with ATTITUDE. It is very funny. I love listening to the blues, but I don't know a lot about individual artists. I listen to "Blues from the Lowlands" on a Detroit's Public Radio Station, and also listen to whatever CDs are over at my boss' house (her hubby is a blues fanatic AND an incredible harmonica player.) Do like John Lee Hooker though!!! Love hearing Women sing the blues!!!

Katrina, Soozie, Ellis and Virginia-WHAT CAN I SAY? At least all our babies had "beautiful heads" when they were born!!! (Quote from my OB/GYN's colleague!)
Old 10-08-2002, 06:21 AM   #58  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Your absolutely right. Both of my children were in or close to the 100% range on the apgar? scale. My daughter(firtst born) weighed 9 lbs 6oz, and my boy weighed 10lbs 3 oz, so yes they too were big babies. No staple left in however! But I do have the big bikini cut-neverwearin-a bikini again- scar, and tons of stretch marks, and my weight too is primarily in that area. Ugly!
Virginia
Old 10-08-2002, 07:03 AM   #59  

Oh gawd... a staple left in. Nope. But for the second one... this dumb nurse comes in to change my dressing. She removes the tape, then when she goes to place tape back over the incision she says, "Whoever takes this off is going to kill me. I can't find the right kind of tape." and proceeds to cover it with this huge strip of elastoplast. I should have killed her on the spot personally. Geepers, the pain when the next nurse removed it!!! I thought it was going to rip the skin off my stomach and rip my incision open!
Okay Den, I'd say we're tied for ugly stomach. Mine sounds exactly like yours. It hangs over my incision. And my bellybutton? It's not out, but it's huge and ugly. I can't ever see it being cute again.
Yes, Den is right, Squeak. Should you ever make the fatal decision to have children, I'm sure you'll be just fine. My mom had two c-sections, so it must just run in the family....? I just keep thinking, "A hundred years ago and we would have all died in childbirth."
My second was a 9 pounder, but my first was under 6. Beautiful heads is right!

Wait a minute... is this the poetry thread? What the heck...
Old 10-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #60  
a work in progress...

Okay...another OB-GYN story...

My 1st was an emergency section...(see verse 2) She was a big 9 lb 8oz baby.
With my second, the doctor told me, "yeah, this looks like another big baby, we'd better go ahead and schedule the section"......when they took him out and he weighed only 6 lbs 6oz, I said, "oh sh*t, is there another one in there?"

I think he just didn't want to get a call in the middle of the night that week...and now, *sob* I'll never wear a bikini again! not that I did pre-childbirth!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-08-2002 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread