Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #46  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

CanadianCutie I hope you enjoy it! It's definitely fun...and it's actually what I use for my scale...since the scale i have in my bathroom isn't digital, and isn't really accurate. It's also nice because the wii fit tracks my weight for me.

Another game I have for it is EA Active....it's got this thing called the "30 day challenge"...i still haven't been able to get through it...lol. Definitely makes you feel the burn though..

Speaking of games and weight loss...does anyone play DDR? I was thinking about buying a ddr game and some pads for my ps2, because I figure it's probably a good cardio workout if you do it for long enough....but I'm still not sure. lol
Old 08-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 258/231/170

HI EVERYONE, IM NEW TO THIS SITE, AND ITS SOOOOOO NICE TO FIND OTHERS TO TALK TO.....I STARTED AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR AT 258. WE GOT A WII AND WII FIT FOR CHRISTMAS AND THAT REALLY HELPED ME. I WAS ABLE TO COMMIT TO A TIME EVERY NIGHT AFTER EVERYONE ELSE WENT TO BED TO DO IT AND PRETTY SOON I LOST 10 POUNDS. THEN I FELL OFF THE WAGON AND STALLED IN THE LOW 240s, THEN I GOT SICK AND WENT DOWN INTO THE 230s, THEN GAINED BACK INTO THE 240s WHEN I STARTED EATING NORMALLY AGAIN. THEN A GIRL I WORKED WITH TOLD ME ABOUT AN APP FOR MY IPHONE CALLED LOSE IT, AND ITS REALLY HELPED ME REALIZE HOW MUCH I WAS EATING AND SEE WHAT A RIGHT PORTION SIZE IS. AROUND THIS SAME TIME MY FRIEND ASKED ME TO JOIN ROLLER DERBY, AND I LOVE IT...AWESOME CARDIO, SO NOW IM DOWN ANOTHER 10 POUNDS IM AT 228 AND REALLY FEELING GOOD...I ALWAYS TRY TO REMEMBER A LINE I HEARD ON THE BIGGEST LOSER..."NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS"
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #48  
on the way to skinny

Hi Derbying, welcome to 3FC! Good luck with everything

Guess what everyone!!! I got the job!!!! WOOOHOO!! =D
My first day is the 31st, and I definitely just left a notice for my boss on her desk...so I'm not looking forward to seeing her when i go pick up my check tomorrow...but i don't care, because I GOT THE JOB!

Wow, I don't think today could possibly get any better. lol
Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #49  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Yay!!!

I remember putting in my notice at this AWFUL job... boss was out of town for two weeks so I had to do it over the phone while she was in the car. Heh. Well worth it though.

It's also nice to have a regular schedule. I love knowing (most of the time) I come in at 8 and leave at 5 M-F. Close to the end of our fiscal year however I end up working way too many house because I'm exempt and don't get paid overtime.

Good luck with the new job! I bet it will be awesome!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #50  
on the way to skinny

Well I've had a regular schedule....Sunday 5:30am-2:00pm and Monday-Thursday 4:30am-10:30am...and sometimes Saturday with the same hours as sunday...

but even though it was a set schedule....the hours were terrible.

Now it's either 8:00am-4:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm....or anywhere in between. I just have to be there for 8 hours. That means I'll be able to sleep in like at least an extra 3 hours, which means I won't have to go to bed at 9:00 anymore!!!

I hope it will be awesome. And since it's tax free weekend this weekend in TX...I'm DEFINITELY going to go and buy a few nice outfits for my new job =D
Old 08-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #51  
on the way to skinny

So last night, I definitely think I drempt that I binged. I'm pretty sure I didn't ACTUALLY binge, I think it was just a dream...

I think I'm afraid of binging because three days ago I had chiles (although I only ate half my burger and less then half of my fries...it still wasn't off the guiltless grill menu) and two days ago I went to an astros game with my family and had some sips of the bf's margarita, a personal pan pizza, and a salty buttery pretzle that tasted AMAZING...

I guess I'm proably afraid because of all that junk that I ate, that I'm going to keep eating junk. It doesn't help that I'm on a much smaller budget this month then last month....so buying one of those frozen meals for each day is probably out of the question...and I know that my family isn't going to be all that helpful seeing as they never cook real meals. It's always like cans of ravioli and boxes of mac and cheese with them...and i know that's terrible for me.

I bet it was a nightmare...I bet I'm scared I'll end up binging and gaining all the weight back. =/
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #52  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I know all about being on a budget with my husband and I both in college with a 2 year old.

What I find best on a tight budget is beans and soups. It's a great way to use up often forgotten pantry items and beans are like $1 a bag and packed full of fiber.

Also a loaf of bread, a pound of turkey will make me sandwiches all week for around $5. It gets boring sometimes but it really helps the pocketbook.

Resist canned ravioli! It's like 300 or so calories per serving or per can I can't remember and it is so not filling but oh so good.

Once you get all that junk out of your system from the weekend you'll feel much better and possibly avoid any more binge nightmares!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #53  
on the way to skinny

I managed to find enough money to get food to feed myself for a week, and my father said next week (he doesn't get paid till friday) that he'd be willing to help me out buying my groceries for the next week...even though he thinks it's stupid that i buy such "expensive fancy foods" and thinks i should be eating ravioli all the time...
lol

pretty obvious how i got so heavy now that i think about it. 19 years of ravioli would do that to you...lol
Old 08-27-2009, 06:08 AM   #54  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Welcome Canadian Cutie! I hope you enjoy your Wii, I've wanted one for ages but know that if I got one I'd never do anything else!!

Welcome Derbying as well, it sounds like you've found somethings you really enjoy doing. Good Luck with your efforts

Congratulations on the Job Divine!! I hope you enjoy it Don't worry too much about the binging nightmares, try not to obssess over it too much, just take each day as it comes, plan as much as you need to or as much as you normally do, but don't think about a binge too much, even if you're trying to avoid actually doing it because the more you're thinking about those foods (as least for me) the more you end up wanting them, or thinking it's inevitable etc. Eating healthily on a budget is hard... why are vegetables so expensive?? I wish I had a garden and could grow my own!

Sorry for being absent for the past week or so. I purposefully neglected my scales this past weekend because my week had been awful, I ate out as planned on sunday, but also managed to drink at the pub, we went into London to the theatre and to see my mum on mon and tues which meant eating off plan and a little alcohol too, then wednesday my friend came to visit me. I haven't seen him for about a year and the whole night got pretty messy which meant hungover fast food on thursday morning and back into the swing of bad eating habits within a week. I'm back on plan today. I just need to find a way to stay on plan. Indefinitely.

I have so much to do before I go away next week, tidying the flat, cleaning clothes, keeping up to date with my ebay listings, brushing up on last minute French and Italian and trying to pick what to pack. Oh and staying on plan and getting active again. I'm hoping all this activity will help to keep me on plan. Let's see how it goes eh?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #55  
on the way to skinny

Maria, sometimes we all get a little off plan...but as long as you jump back on, you'll be just fine. An occasional shock to your system isn't so bad as it seems, or at least that's what I hear. So what if you didn't lose as much as you COULD have....the point is you've still lost! You shouldn't let yourself feel so bad about getting a little off plan...if there's one thing I've learned, it's that occasionally having things that aren't good for you isn't going to kill you....you might lose slower that week, but if you're not going WAY overboard...it won't really hurt you.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #56  

hey ladies!!

Sorry for not being around the past week....been so busy with work that i come home and hit the sheets.

My birthday was Friday...so i binged all week,lol.I feel terrible about it now! I ate pasta and A MILKSHAKE!!then a little more pasta
My scale went up a friggin' pound! So im back on track today

Divine-congrats on your job!!! thats awesome!!!

Maria- I didn't look at my scales all week either (till this morning)....i was pretty pissed i had gained a pound!

Derby- Welcome! I would love to rollerderby,but i can't skate!! i need to make my hubby teach me how.lol.

hope you chicks have an awesome day!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #57  
on the way to skinny

Sweetheart, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I think your birthday is one of those times that if you gain a pound...you shouldn't worry about it too much. It's a special time and it's normal to celebrate. You can always loose that pound again, so don't stress about it. Good job getting back on track =D

Maria one other thing I forgot to say is that honestly, going off plan occasionally is what has kept me sane. I don't like to feel like I'm FORBIDDEN to eat certain things, because then I'll just want them more.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #58  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
Speaking of games and weight loss...does anyone play DDR? I was thinking about buying a ddr game and some pads for my ps2, because I figure it's probably a good cardio workout if you do it for long enough....but I'm still not sure. lol
I have DDR, and I play it with my inlaws quite often. My only complaint is that you work for 1 minute, or 1.5 minutes, and you work up a sweat, and you breathe hard. Then you have to stop and find another song. Maybe if you jogged or walked in place during this time and let someone else pick the song or something.

One of mine does have a workout mode where you can pick one of their pre-set playlists and it plays continuously, but it's only 10ish minutes long.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #59  
on the way to skinny

Aphrodite which one has the work out mode? I would want to get that one..lol
Old 08-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #60  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Happy belated birthday SweetHeat! As divine said, don't feel bad about the 1lb, it was your bday

And Divine, thanks for the encouraging words... I know it's not so bad, but I just feel like I have such little control over myself sometimes. But, I AM back on track so that's good

i have DDR for my PS2 but I hardly ever play it... I guess it's time to dig it out again I'm off to grab a snack and get back to my Italian studies.

Have a fantastic Friday chicas!
Closed Thread