Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 378/364/168

Height: 5 ft 6

thanks guys for the support. it means alot.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #17  

I lost another pound this week. Which I'm going to consider pretty good since I didn't manage hardly any exercise and I've got my monthly "OMG I'm going to die unless I lie down with painkillers" time.

Hopefully next week will be better. But this does bring me up to 14 pounds, which in the UK at least is 1 stone!

I lost a stone in 3 weeks. YAY!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 307/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on your 1 stone loss!

I only learned what a stone was because I watched "You Are What You Eat" with the Scottish nutritionist that I now feel bad that I can't remember her name. Really informative.

I've always found that the weight loss is big in the beginning and then tapers down to the 1-2 lbs a week. You're doing awesome!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #19  

Thanks. You mean Gillian McKeith. I like her show but I couldn't eat like that all the time, all that mung bean salad and quinoa. Ew. Don't get me wrong, I love veggies and healthy stuff but I need some additives in my life! All the really interesting food has additives.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #20  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

fifitrix - Welcome and Congratulations on your weightloss! That is wonderful!
I haven't heard of the program you are on, what does it consist of?

Again - WELCOME!!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #21  

Hi Sandy! Thanks for the support.

The Rosemary Conley program is group based. A bit like Weight Watchers or Slimming World. But half of the class is a 45 min exercise. Aerobics mostly but some of the classes have a Salsa-aerobics flavour or other things.

The diet is GI based. You can get both the books of the program and the exercise DVDs from Amazon.

I've done both SW and WW. Both have their good points, but I like RC because of the exercise class and the emphasis on portion control.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #22  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hey FiFiTrix - Its sound geat. I too would like a class with emphasis on exercise too! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #23  

Well my next weigh in is tomorrow and I think I've done alright this week. Better than last week anyway. I am starting to hit that thing where you get a bit bored with what you are eating though. I need to change it up a bit I think. I just got the Rosemary Conley book that accompanys the programme through from Amazon so there are a load more recipes and more of the menu plans. (Not that they don't give you plenty of info at the group sessions, but there is even more in the book).

I'm still not managing to do enough exercise though. I really need to step it up to at least 4 sessions a week rather than the 1 and sometimes 2 I'm managing now.

I hope you are all doing well this week.

Fi
xxx
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #24  

I stayed the same. Which kind of sucks... but I think my shape is changing because my trousers feel alot looser (and my work trousers are not elasticated so any difference is obvious). My RC consultant said not to worry about it because I've probably lost inches.

I actually think I lost 0.8 of a pound though. Because they only measure in whole pounds so if you are e.g. 364.8 lbs they count that as 364lbs and this week I was dead on 364 whereas last week I was 364.8lbs. They consider that as staying the same but there is a difference really.

I think that I went wrong this week with not drinking enough water and only doing 1 exercise session. So I've made plans to do two sessions over the weekend and another on Monday night. Hopefully that will get things moving. None of the sessions are high impact - just basic cardio until I get used to it.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #25  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hiya Fi!

You sound like you're on the right track. Knowing where you think you might have gone wrong helps because you know what to fix. I'm in the same boat right now. I have been so busy that I haven't been drinking enough water and haven't been exercising beyond the walk to and around the Uni.

The thing is to also balance the above with what you are doing right. I haven't gained anything in 2 weeks even though I haven't lost either. I am aware of myself, cut back on caffeine and wine and am trying to manage my stress better.

Go get 'em!
Closed Thread