Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #1  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Default November chizzity-chat

Yo.

since i am in the thread adding mode here's a little spot for our nov. chat (november!). hope all ye alternachicks that we haven't heard from in awhile are still alive and well.

so it's november. dang. what happened? next thing you know the end of the semester will be here and i'll have to hole myself up in a dungeon like Rumpelstiltskin and spin 3 seminar papers out of dung. aye aye aye.

and today we officially say goodbye to daylight savings time. i'm not much of a fan of it getting dark at 4:00 p.m. but it's here. and so is election week. good times and great oldies, eh?

hope everyone's november will be everything they need it to be and more.

cheers!
Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #2  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Good gravy, I can't believe it's already November. I can't wait for this craptacular year to end!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

ditto robot, ditto....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #4  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hey chicas,

I've been out of touch and out of the dieting loop for a while, a lot of things have changed and I've moved out and into my own place, but haven't moved the scales yet so have no idea what I weigh but it's kind of liberating in a really bad, I'm going to eat crap cos I can't see what it's doing to the scales way.

When I came back form holiday I was really ill and couldn't eat much and keep it down so I lost a bit of weight, but inevitably put it back on and since my circumstances have changed I can't afford the gym anymore... but I am walking to and (mostly) from work which involves a couple of decent hills so I'm hoepful that will up my fitness level at least.

I didn't do anything particularly special for Samhain, but I haven't done anything particularly special for me recently so that figures.

I hope all you alternachicks are doing well, and I'm glad to be back, it feels a little bit like coming home
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #5  
change

welcome back, going2b. sorry to hear about your recent illness and general life shake up. hope everything turns out for the better. some how it usually does...

so yeah. year's almost at an end and it sounds like we all are looking forward to some change
Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome back going2behealthy! Hope things get better for you soon!

Ollie- I can't believe its November either - the month went by so quickly.

I have been away from the forums for awhile too. I've been really busy with work and two dogs DH and I just adopted. They are cute but a lot of work.

Hope everthing is well with all of you!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #7  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Thanks for the kinds words

I'm looking forward to a new year... this one has been somewhat better than the last, but still been crappy. I'm most definitely looking forward to some change, but am trying to get a good hold on the crafty thing and steer it in my chosen direction. I can't wait for the new year to take a stand and take back control of my life! I've just been floating around for so long, letting everything flow over me but everyone seems to have some kind of a plan or has something they're working towards and I've got to stop letting it get me down and figure out what I'm doing with my life.... time is too precious to waste
Old 11-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey going2b-i sympathize w/ur crappy year..but ur right-time is too precious too waste. also struggled w/illness on top of school and work etc. in 2008 (musta been worst year ever!) but hey! now that we know we can i feel empowered..anything is possible in 2009!!!! here's to all us hot chicas making 2009 mine! (well, should read "ours" but it doesn't rhyme )

Last edited by jandaman; 11-06-2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: no boldiness
Old 11-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #9  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I've been having a terrible time staying on-track with all the stress that's happened lately. I've so far not gained, but it's really hard to stay motivated. I'm really wanting comfort food and chocolate all the time. Trying to recommit, but it's difficult. Can't wait for the rough patch to pass...
Old 11-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #10  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

You can do it, owlmonkey. I know times are tough, but we're here to support you on your journey to become healthy.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #11  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Hey everyone!

I took my first aquarobics class today. It was so awesome! Completely silly but that's what made it fun. And I didn't have much trouble with the exercises (thanks to Jillian Michaels with her 30 day shred). I just hope I'll lose some more somewhere near. I have been at the same weight for more than 2 weeks now. But I try to tell myself that it fluctuates more and more down (now I hope that it's true too).

I'd also like to mention that reading through this forum has made me aware of the possibility of getting a tattoo for myself. I have of course long known about their existence but it was never like "Hey! This is something I can do!". Of course I don't have any clear ideas yet but it is a fun possibility to contemplate. I have, though, decided that I will get my first "piercing" as soon as I am at my goal weight. I say "piercing" because I am probably the only girl at this planet without holes in her ears. I'd like to be able to wear earrings. It feels like a fitting treat for myself.

owlmonkey: look at it from the bright side. At least you have not gained, so there is nothing you have to work back off. There is nothing wrong with a stasis every once in a while. I imagine you have something else on your mind save for dieting now; and there is nothing wrong with that! Just try not to let it get too overboard, and get back on plan as soon as you are able to.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #12  
change

hey chicas!

here here on the comfort foods lately. and yep, mine is chocolate as well. ummm, why oh why are carrots not comforting?!? i ate a whole pint of soy delicious chocolate obsession ice cream last night which was a lot of friggin cals, so many that i am not going to type them cause i am still in denial.

i'm usually not one to get extreme winter blues, but i can def see a change since it's been dark at 4:30 this week.

going2be - do you have a general idea about future goals/dreams. **** i'm almost thirty and am still unsure what to do with my life. i know i'm headed in some sort of direction, but don't know if it's right or if it'll change. yes, time is precious but don't feel like there is a timeline that tells you you need to have certain things accomplished by a certain age. just work on you, your life, and try to do it without pressure. for what it's worth.

owlmonkey - i second what elwing said. you haven't gained and you are still here. sometimes you just need a moment to gather your chi.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #13  
change

Default quick rant

hey chicas! so not a lot of us are feeling chatty this month? cool. i can relate. but do bare with me while i quickly get something off my chest.

my husband.

we've been in the boston area since mid-june and since being here i have lost right around twenty pounds. this is largely from going from vegetarian to vegan, busting my arse to do workout videos, and my new pedestrian lifestyle along with a hilly campus. my husband, however, as lost close to 45 pounds in the same amount of time by merely being a bystander. he does nothing. nothing. he drives to work. comes home. eats my food that i cook. he doesn't even lose calories by doing any cleaning. he doesn't do work out videos. sure he eats vegan here, but when he's out and about he's all about some cheese. nothing. 45 pounds. no dishes. no burning calories sweeping the floor. no bending over to change the litterbox. just working. coming home. eating something i have prepared and being.

so i know the whole things been said before. men lose weight easier than women. but, man, i thought some effort went into it. a smidgen. he just is and its gone. poof.

Last edited by ollie27; 11-14-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #14  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

That's so unfair! . Maybe it is a little comfort that it changes when they get older. And then we strike back, because we know all diet-tactics by then but they are ignorant beginners at this game!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #15  
change

yep. pretty unfair. you should see him prancing around in his skinny jeans! really.
Closed Thread