Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Oh yea I buy mine at Wal-Mart. Ok and another note. I get those disposable single packaged.aways wipes to take along with me. Sorry if that too much info.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #17  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

All right I don't know how many times I've seen people sing DivaCup praises but I'm finally convinced... I'll order one and give it a go.

Also, just speaking from me, nothing on here has been offensive or TMI! If someone was going to be grossed out or offended by all the technical menstruation talk, they shouldn't have clicked on a link that had the word menstruation in it!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #18  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i've looked at it in the store but it always kinda grossed me out. then again- i don't really like tampons either.

i went to faerieworlds and one of the vendors was selling washable reusable pads. i got them and i love them. i wish i had bought more.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 AM   #19  

Thanks girls, you're great with all the info. I am going to pass it on to her. She is having a really hard time of it and could use good advice.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #20  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post

i went to faerieworlds and one of the vendors was selling washable reusable pads. i got them and i love them. i wish i had bought more.
this is what i use and i love 'em. i get 'em from here. (the same place that sells the diva cup). i've never tried the diva cup, but i, too, hate tampons. too invasive i guess.

Last edited by ollie27; 10-01-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I use glad rags as a panty liner. I'm just really paranoid from many years of having very heavy periods. Although I've had very good success with the Diva cup, I'm still paranoid.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #22  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

i used to have a really heavy period too. i think i'd be scared to use anything other then the most giant sized always pad if i still did. lol. some days i had to call in sick and just stay home. but then Yasmin came out and I have been all better - no more pain so bad i throw up, no more deluge... in fact the last couple months i've had almost nothing at all. i might feel differently about the reusables if i had a heavier flow now that i think about it.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #23  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I swear I've seen that diva cup somewhere before. I think I may give it a try. I stopped taking BCPs a few months ago and ever since I've had a return of a very painfully heavy flow (due to endometriosis). Some days a super sized tampon (teeehee) and a pad must be used. I may even get one for my sister for Yule! She'd totally blush, and thats what I'm shooting for.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #24  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

weird, i had a heavy flow and then went i went on the pill it stopped completely. that and other issues i've had with the pill led me to quit taking it and ever since i have a barely there flow hence the use of pads. perhaps my body is still playing catch up? nevertheless if it returns, i'll keep all the rave reviews of the diva cup in mind
Old 10-01-2008, 06:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I need to get one of these. I had to have a student run to get a hall monitor to cover my class last week because I couldn't make it through 90 min without a flooding accident. Pretty embarrassing trying to teach 11th graders...
Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

I love mine. I can't use tampons (because of the shape/size/arrangement of my cervix) but I can use the Diva cup, which is great.

I usually have 1 day per cycle where my flow is really heavy, and I have to empty it every 4-6 hours. The rest of the time (the other 6-8 days of my period, blah), I can go 12+ hours without emptying. I don't NEED to use pantyliners, even when I'm exercising or sleeping or anything else, because it's 100% leakproof for me... but I still do of course. :P

I've never boiled mine... I wash it really well with anti-bacterial soap and rinse it with hot water EVERY time I empty it (other than in public restrooms). I got a great tip recently to wipe it with rubbing alcohol once a month, to keep it from getting so discolored. It works great.

If I had to use pads with my tight stretchy running shorts, I'd never go running, lol. And this way I can still sleep naked like I usually do. And it's a money saver!
Closed Thread