Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

We are at 7 weeks from Samhain. Woke up this morning feeling sad about it. This guy who was my best friend for 8 years throws a Samhain party at his house every year - costumes, altar to the dead, ritual, fun. I used to dress up every year in my favorite corset (which no longer fits me right as I've put on so much weight in the past year and a half!!!), Victorian skirt and hat. He and I had a falling out last Summer and I still miss him. Samhain won't be the same without him. I hate endings! Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?

And for me, this Sept is all about new beginnings. This is why I joined this community. My challenge is to do 700 minutes of exercise by October 31st. That's about 20 minutes per day, 5 days a week, for 7 weeks.

Who knows, the corset may not fit me right by Oct 31st, but I'll be well on my way by then. :-)
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #77  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

what size corsette do you need? I have one from a few halloweens ago that is too big for me now. I'd be willing to give it a new home. Its black, laces up the back, wire ribbed, and I believe it is a product of Fredriks of Hollywood. PM me if you want it!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
what size corsette do you need? I have one from a few halloweens ago that is too big for me now. I'd be willing to give it a new home. Its black, laces up the back, wire ribbed, and I believe it is a product of Fredriks of Hollywood. PM me if you want it!
Thank you Ghost for the offer. I doubt your corset will fit me though...the ones I have are 45" waist and are too small cuz of my weight gain. I sure appreciate the offer. ;-)
Old 09-10-2008, 05:36 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

reading all y'alls fab-o dress-up ideas really brings me down. all hallow's eve is my fave holiday and not really a big thing in my part of europe...i tend to got fully costumed to teach etc. but get no love for it. *wah!*..wishing i could celebrate it properly over in the northern hemisphere........
Old 09-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #80  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Oh Janda...that would kill me. Samhain is our favoritest holiday ever at our house. My son has his birthday close to the end of October so we always have a huge Halloween costume party. I've been perusing costume sites...its like my crack...lol! And I've got like 35 costumes I want to be bookmarked and have been emailing pics of them to my honey for "approval" lmao. He only likes the ones with sexy skimpy stuff, but I don't see it as a reason to dress like a sl*t. And, I have to have a costume that is NOT flamable...cause we'll have a samhain ritual and it will involve lots of candles and three years ago I have some gauzzy shift on that caught fire...not good.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #81  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Um, girls...

I'm one lbs off my samhain challenge goal today.
How it happened? I don't know. I had a pizza binge last night. Got on the scale this am. 175 lbs. I'm in shock. I got off the scale. I got back on. 175 lbs.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #82  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

well, i haven't had much time to post. or for anything that matter, like um exercise! still slowy slooooowly losing weight, but it's from cutting out dairy and walking all over my hilly campus daily. wow, just think if i were actually still doing exercise video tapes. note to self: work on time management.

so my first semester of grad school started and all i do is read. read read read read. i've been really into asking what's the point lately. so gang, umm. what's the point?

ghost - holy schnickees that's crazy you're almost at samhain goal. AND with all the wine and pizza. rock on! how's your recovery goin?

jan - bummer bout the lack of enthusiasm for the end of october. so were you in germany for walpurgis night? how was that? i've always wondered if it's similar ot crazy or what.

nueva - i sympathize. i had a falling out with my best friend. we eventually reunited, but it was never the same. the dynamics had changed between us. but you are oh so correct when you say "Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?"

hope everyone is kickin like chicken. back to reading.....

later!

Last edited by ollie27; 09-11-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #83  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post
well, i haven't had much time to post. or for anything that matter, like um exercise! still slowy slooooowly losing weight, but it's from cutting out dairy and walking all over my hilly campus daily. wow, just think if i were actually still doing exercise video tapes. note to self: work on time management.

so my first semester of grad school started and all i do is read. read read read read. i've been really into asking what's the point lately. so gang, umm. what's the point?

ghost - holy schnickees that's crazy you're almost at samhain goal. AND with all the wine and pizza. rock on! how's your recovery goin?

jan - bummer bout the lack of enthusiasm for the end of october. so were you in germany for walpurgis night? how was that? i've always wondered if it's similar ot crazy or what.

nueva - i sympathize. i had a falling out with my best friend. we eventually reunited, but it was never the same. the dynamics had changed between us. but you are oh so correct when you say "Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?"

hope everyone is kickin like chicken. back to reading.....

later!
The point is...there is no point. Apparently we need a masters to realize this. Lmao! I'll get on that college thing right after I'm done raising my kid (which should qualify me for a masters and the nobel peace prize).

My recovery is going okay. I've been having problems with doing my crunches, which my doc said was fine to do, but when I get done I have a bloated crampy feeling. And for some reason I have been having huge cravings for strange foods. Could be hormonal...could just be the restriction of dieting. But, all in all, I'm so glad I got the TL done, I love not being on BCP's. I think thats why the weight has been melting off, I stopped taking the pills in the end of July.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Well, after going way off plan and sulking about it and yo-yo-ing between 206 and 209 for about a month and a half, and seriously starting to doubt whether I'd make it to goal for this challenge....I stepped on the scale this morning and was amazed to see that I finally lost that one pound I needed to really get excited--205, yay!

This brings me to a GRAND total of exactly 20 lbs. lost. In 3 1/2 months that's not so bad, right? I'm so excited to have reached this milestone...now I just have to lose those extra 5 lbs before Halloween

ghost-congrats on the loss! and I'm glad you're starting to feel better
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #85  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Congratulations to everyone who has lost this past week!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #86  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

So, I lost the 3 pounds I gained. Breaking even isn't so bad, but I really need to get my butt in gear and actually exercise. I was actually surprised with the weight loss, because the other day, I ate 6 donuts. Yeah, I wish I were kidding with that one. They weren't even good, but my body was craving something insanely sweet.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #87  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Ghost! I'm not so lucky I've go seven more to go!

Last edited by Skullarix; 09-12-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #88  
I'm a khaleesi!!

You know, looking back at my food diary I think I see the pattern that helped me lose so fast. I was drinking at least 2.5 liters of water a day and cycling between 1200 and 1400 calories a day with once a week going as high as 1600 calories, but only on days that I was super lazy believe it or not. Like the other day when I had my pizza binge and then lost two lbs, that was a 1600 calorie right after two consecutive 1200 calorie days. I guess calorie cycling does work.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #89  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

so i'm in at 145.2, but i'll keep it around 146 till i can get rid of it. this is about how much i weighed give or take a couple pounds before i quit smoking 2 years ago. point is i'm almost entering unchartered territory! i'm super close to being 'normal' and not 'overweight' according to BMI calculator. yay!

meowcat - i've lost a little over 20 pounds and it has taken me a year! so 3 and a half months is nothing. to each her own pace and whatever works!

robot - been meaning to tell ya i dig the vonnegut quote. and if ya need some donuts, eat some donuts.

ghost - there are lots of days i want to quit all this school sense and start a family. the grass is always greener......

and i'm down with mauvaisroux in giving everyone a kudos for doing so well!

later!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #90  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post
so i'm in at 145.2, but i'll keep it around 146 till i can get rid of it. this is about how much i weighed give or take a couple pounds before i quit smoking 2 years ago. point is i'm almost entering unchartered territory! i'm super close to being 'normal' and not 'overweight' according to BMI calculator. yay!

meowcat - i've lost a little over 20 pounds and it has taken me a year! so 3 and a half months is nothing. to each her own pace and whatever works!

robot - been meaning to tell ya i dig the vonnegut quote. and if ya need some donuts, eat some donuts.

ghost - there are lots of days i want to quit all this school sense and start a family. the grass is always greener......

and i'm down with mauvaisroux in giving everyone a kudos for doing so well!

later!
I'll be entering uncharted territory as soon as I break out of the 170's...or, at least uncharted since I was like 17, but who can remember that high school era anyways?

The grass is always greener, I love my kid but somedays I feel like he's growing up too slow and holding me back and other days I wish he's slow down so I can enjoy him being a child. And my SO's kids seem so big and grown up and they are 10 and 9, while mine is 6. Some days I want them all to grow up and some days I want them all to be babies again. And some days my SO begs me to have another one...we won't talk about that though...I got the tubal, those days are over...now we can wait for grand baby girls!
Closed Thread