Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #61  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Meowkat -cool! Good luck at your audition!

I am back from my convention in Indianapolis. It was a huge gaming convention -i.e.collectible card games, board games, video games, role playing games - and a live action D&D game in a dungeon setting complete with a tavern - it was a blast! They also had several movie rooms and and an anime room. I got several games when I was down there and a bunch of weird movies -guess what I will be doing this weekend since I am broke from the trip?

I think I will join in that Samhain challenge since I have a wedding to go at the end of October.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #62  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

welcome back mauvaisroux! hope you had a wonderfully nerdy time what kind of weird movies? the hubs has this thing about bad movies, he's a bad movie freak! it's rubbed off on me and we're kind of addicted to Mystery Science Theater 3000 reruns and other bad movie phenomenon.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:57 PM   #63  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

MST3000 is one of my favs!

SO, I've been praying for this baby whale that found a boat and adopted it as its mom. Then yesterday I hear that some sick f***s are going to euthanize it. [email protected]$! So last night I meditated and visualized a white ball of light protecting the baby whale. This morning, when I came to work and check on updates, its escaped!! or disappeared!! I'm so happy! It got away from the evil jerks that wanted to kill it. what a relief. Hopefully it heard a pod of its kind and made way to them.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
I live in Dutch Harbor. If I were advertising this place as a tourist location I'd have a slogan like "Come here, it sucks!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Just look up the deadliest catch on the discovery channel, thats about the jist of it here.
When I saw your first post about living in Dutch Harbor I immediately thought of Deadlist Catch. I love that show. hehe You may not like where you live, but I'd love to get away from the chaos of my city and head out to a place like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x meowkat x View Post
Hey hey. So today I got an email I've been anxiously awaiting...it went a little something like this:

"Congratulations! You have been selected to attend a final WHEEL OF FORTUNE contestant audition in your area (by invitation only). We have reserved the following appointment for you:

When: Thursday August 28, 2008 Time: 1:30 PM

Where: The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle (Lakefront room, 2nd floor)
2125 Terry Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

You are responsible for parking.

Keep in mind that Wheel of Fortune's contestant team is looking for enthusiastic puzzle solvers.
Ask yourself these questions before deciding to attend the audition:

*Do you think you can solve puzzles under pressure on national television?
(Everyone is good at Wheel of Fortune in the comfort of his/her living room!)
*Can you be heard calling out letters? (It sounds simple, but sometimes we cannot hear people.)
*Do you have a good presence and energy?

You need to RSVP as soon as possible to secure your place in the audition."

Holy crap!

Hah! That is too cool! Good luck at the audition.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the well-wishing! I hope I get on, I could certainly stand to win some money, lol

I've got all kinds of things going on...Bf and some of his friends and I are going camping this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) which will be excellent as always. Just have to watch my WW points......I might end up using them all on beer (j/k) Then I work M-W, Wheel audition Thursday, then we're going up near the WA/Canadian border to a wedding over the Labor Day weekend. *whew*

missygith- I'm in University Place right now, but I've kind of lived all around that area so it's just easier to say Tacoma, lol. I believe you're thinking of Wright Park? It is cool, one of my bf's sisters got married in the little arboretum! It was a very small wedding (had to be to fit in there) but it was really a neat place to have it I don't spend a ton of time near downtown anymore, but once in a while I'll go to the Grand Cinema or hit a bar here or there. I did just find a knitting group that meets in Old Town...so that's my new hangout once a week.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #66  
change

ghost, i didn't realize that people can just euthanize a whale if they want. wtf? good news that it escaped.

motomichelle
- welcome. motorbikes, huh? you'll shoot your eye out.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie27 View Post

motomichelle
- welcome. motorbikes, huh? you'll shoot your eye out.
Haha maybe, but I haven't yet.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #68  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Sorry this has nothing to do with weight and I'm not a regular here but I'd be really interested in hearing this. Are any of you 3fcers fans of TON or Peter Steele? I really need to hear that I'm not the only crazed person feeling this obsession right now

Hi btw, I recognize a few of you
Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #69  
change

hi, spoz. i recognize you as well. yer the purty one.

but your question is a blast from the past and about 10 years late, for me anyways. i haven't listened to type o negative since my high school days. i remember he posed nude in playgirl in my sophmore year and we all went nuts. awwww memories.

i did, however, retain my trent reznor crush from those days though and am still crazed over that boy.

meanwhile back at the ranch, wish i had exciting news to report, but my weekend was pretty low key (which i happen to like). hope everyone's sunday is groovy.

cheers.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #70  
Burning it away

Did you just call me the purty one? Aw I dont know what to say, cept maybe your a lil nuts!

Yeah, for me the Peter steele thing comes back to haunt me every few years. Never understood Trent though

Last edited by Spoz; 08-24-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #71  
change

wha wha wha what?!?!? i probably can't post this pic but here goes
anyway. ummm...what's not to understand

p.s. me being nuts and you being pretty are two totally unrelated things

Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #72  
Burning it away

Well, okay I'll give you this one.

(If only because in the pic you cant see his face )
Old 08-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #73  
change

awww c'mon, spoz, he's a sexy man! sorry to have made your peter conversation turn into a trent one. just to be fair i was going to post a pic of peter as well, but all the good ones are.....ummm....bad. bad meaning good of course. pssst....this guy's dong is all over the net

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #74  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

S/C/G: 210.5/169/G 150

Height: 5'5

yum. I don't know Peter Steele but I love me some Trent *drools*

I've been away pretty much since my vacation and here I am back up to 205. Could have been worse I suppose.

I'm NOT getting married now in October, so at least I won't be Cow Bride, but I am getting married in March come **** or high water. That means I need to get back at it again.

Looking forward to catching up with you chicks!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #75  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Spoz - I just saw Peter Steel and Type-O at a music festival in Montreal in June - I get your obsession -

Ollie - I think Trent is attractive too in a dark tortured artist kind of way - years ago my hubby and Trent looked quite alike -

The crazy/weird movies we picked up are a bunch of Japanese films from the 70"s/80"s one is called "Girl Boss Revenge" The title made me laugh so we bought it - who knows what the movie is like! Others items include Zebraman, Machinegirl, Kasumi-Lady NInja, Samurai Chicks, Visitor Q.

We also picked up some horror movie gems such as "Garden of the Dead" (zombies!) Cursed, Frankenstein Conquers the World, Hardware (a sci-fi) and a couple more that I can't remember.

We collect a lot of B movie type films.
Closed Thread