Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello!

Hi everyone, thought I'd come and check you all out

I'm relatively new to the site and have been posting in the 20-Something group, but I saw this group listed and thought i'd come say hi!

So hello! I'm Victoria, aged 25 living in Texas but born and raised in England. I consider myself somewhat of an Alternachick My favourite things to do are belly dancing, listening to Celtic music and attending renaissance faires.

I'm here to lose the 30lbs I put on since moving to the States ... thought some online motivation and support might help me.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

and hope you enjoy the site. There are a lot of people here losing weight and getting healthy. They will be more than happy to give you advice, a kind word, or a kick in the pants. Which every you need

A lot of different groups here doing different things to lose that unneeded weight. Everything from set plans like Jenny Craig to counting calories.

I love the renaissance fairs that we have here in ohio.

Hope you find the support you need and please read posts and join in anywhere you think you have something to add.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome! Yep, you certainly sound like and alternachick!

There are a few of us around here that bellydance - including me. I love it and I am currently trying to make some costumes for performances. I's slow going though, due to procrastination
Old 10-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #4  

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been meaning to make some belly dance costumes myself, but got side tracked making my wench outfit ready for TRF next weekend Pics are on my blog.

My next project is a tribal fusion costume. Trying to workout whether it's cheaper for me to make my own 25 yard skirt, or just buy one. The tribal belts I can probably make myself for a lot cheaper, but I think I may have to cave in and buy the skirt.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustchild View Post
My favourite things to do are belly dancing, listening to Celtic music and attending renaissance faires.
Oh oh oh ^^ Exciting!!! Welcome
Old 10-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome !!!!! I used to go to a Renaissance Faire in NH with my sister and I loved it - but she moved and I am too shy to go to things alone

I'm trying to find belly dancing classes in my area - also - erotic massage
Old 10-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

With the cost of material, and the time it takes to make one, it is definitely worth it to buy a 25 yard skirt.

I like doing straight skirts, harems, and tops myself, but I won't touch a skirt over 10 yards.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #8  

I went ahead and bought a 25 yard skirt Can't wait to get it!! Found one for a good price on sale ($60) (as to quality I'll have to wait and see but whatever, it'll do for now ... it's not as if I'm a professional dancer or anything!).
Closed Thread