Old 02-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 258.8/252.00/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Saturday

Gayle I didn't take it that way at all.
Just plugging along here. I think this Wednesday will be a month already. Honestly I can't believe I have stayed on program and don't feel the need to eat a pound of spaghetti or a bag of cookies. Though I think I have to reign in my eating of some high fat items even though they are allowed on program they do suggest low fat. And my water intake hasn't been at the 8 cups required and I haven't been drinking the green tea.
So today's goals:
1. 8 glasses of water
2. 2 cups green tea
3. less cheese more fish
Happy Saturday all!
thatsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #122  

Default Thanks Snowstorm for the Work-Out

Hi all,

Got about 10 inches of snow today. I am off on Thursday but wouldn't matter they closed the restaurant. DH stayed home and worked from home which was nice. I love snow and we haven't had any, so had that happy to be home feeling and feeling motivated. Yesterday it was 60 degrees and I felt like it was spring. I had the windows open and joked on my FB page that I was spring cleaning.
Well I can thank the snow for some exercise. I did two 30+minutes of shoveling and it helped me drink more water.
As far as my goals. Still not drinking the green tea every day, been better with water and as far as eating fat I'm a bit better but need to work on that.
Have a good nigt all
Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Sharon, we got our first significant snowfall of the season here in Pittsburgh, too, but we got about 5-6 inches. I heard it was more the farther east you went. Good exercise, shoveling. DH does all the shoveling here, so no exercise for me. LOL We also had the warmer day previously. I guess we are in the same weather pattern.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #124  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

It is a nice sunny day ~ a little chilly, but maybe a good temperature for a walk.

Been busy finished another project. A few years ago, I had made Maddie an apron for when we did baking. It had her name on it. She hadn't used it in a while, and when we were doing some baking at Christmas time, she put it on and it looked like a big bib. So, I came up with a way to still use it ~ I added some fabric around the edges to make it longer and so it would fit around her better. It is pink with black and white letters. I used zebra print fabric, because zebras are her favorite animal. It came out good. She liked it.

Next project it a pillow cover for my sister's granddaughter.

I've been reading about the snow some of you are having. The weather here has been cooler and kind of reflects the colder temperatures in other parts of the country. I miss seeing the snow, but don't miss having to shovel it, or drive in it.

Finally the weight has started to come down. I am trying hard ~ I have been trying to cut my portions in half and walking more often.

Gotta do some cooking today. Another batch of roasted vegetables, baked beans, cook a couple squashes.

Hope you all are doing well. Stay warm.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:06 AM   #125  

Good Morning,
Yesterday I seemed to want to eat more and nothing seemed to satisfy me. I stayed on program I guess maybe an extra serving of carbs. But luckily I didn't see it on the scale. Yes I have not put the scale away though today before I stepped n it and thought "please please I'll be ok as long as it is 250 or less" I knew that scale/diet mentality could ruin me. Luckily I didn't gain.
I really didn't feel great yesterday so that may have been my problem. I have to remember H.A.L.T. Hungry, Amgry, Lonely, Tired is when my defenses are low and I have to address those . And I added . sick so for me it's halts.
Feeling better today . Wanted to get out today to a movie or at least food shopping but it is snowing/icing so stuck in. I would go ot if it wasn't ice.
Well have a nice day!
New goal is be 245 or under by March 2nd my birthday.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #126  

Default Thanks for the workout

Thanks snow and ice for the shoveling workout...lol
Old 02-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #127  

Sharon, I don't think it's a problem to weigh, unless you allow it to become obsessive. I do believe you need to know where you stand so you can adjust what you're doing if needed. I don't have that problem with the scale. I don't like to get on it unless I feel that I've lost, or on days like today when I think I'd better face the music and get back on track. Sometimes seeing a higher number scares me into submission.

It's still cold and a little snowy here in PA, but it's supposed to go into the 60s over the weekend. What a strange winter this has been.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:28 AM   #128  

Yesterday was my 1st very difficult day since I started this way of eating about 4 weeks ago. I didn't feel well and almost justified a slice of pizza. Luckily I made myself come home and eat something on program. Feeling better today. Need to go to store get some more of my safe foods. Have a great day all.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #129  

Welcome back Mary! wow!
I stayed steady this week - but have not lost my drive. Stay strong everyone!
teati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #130  

Sharon, Way to go on passing up the pizza! Things like that are tempting, but we know our bodies really want healthier foods. I think the more times you do that the more it becomes your natural choice.

Teati, Good to see you again. As long as we don't stray too far or too long we are good to go. One day at a time!

Mary, I am so happy to hear that you had such a nice vacation and are safely home. Because you mentioned that your waist is smaller and also your feet are swollen, I think you did lose weight, but the scale isn't showing it yet because you are retaining fluid. I think you will see a whoosh in a day or so. Your trip sound like you saw so many interesting things. Their culture is different from ours in the US so it's a case of "It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there." LOL I think it's so touching that Joe got to be in the same spot he was when the Japanese attacked. So many memories for him. I have heard before that the ethnic foods we get here are not really the same as they are in the actual country from which they originated. I think they must become Americanized here.

Nothing is really new with me. My weight is staying pretty much the same. I try, but I never see much change. I guess I'm glad I don't gain much, just up and down the same pounds over and over. I am getting tired of some of the foods that I loved for so long. I don't know what that's about. I have always loved chicken. In the past few years I started preferring legs and thighs and thought breast meat was very bland and dry. For some reason, I am choosing breast more now. I have a lot of dark meat in the freezer so I will probably cook it up and eat it. DH never liked dark meat so it's just me eating it. I used to eat a lot of fish but haven't been in the past few years. Now it's starting to appeal to me more. And I used to like pork, but not anymore. I have heard that this happens to elderly people sometimes. Am I becoming elderly? LOL I always think of elderly as several years older than I am. LOL I wish I would lose my appetite for a while. That would help, but no, the appetite is still as strong as ever.

Hope you get rested up, Mary.

Hi to Gayle, and any others out there in lurkdom.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:16 PM   #131  

Mary, I am trying to learn how to do a screen shot. I was considering signing up for a WW challenge and to do it you need to send them a screen shot of your weight loss log. I have googled and read up on it online, but I admit I have no idea what I'm doing, and don't understand some of the lingo they use. You sign up for WW online, then if you lose 10 lbs in 3 months you send them a screenshot of your weight loss log and they send you a $100 gift card, which pays for the WW membership. If I can't figure out how to do the screenshot then I won't enter the challenge, because I won't get the money if I can't send them the screenshot. It's terrible to be so computer illiterate. When we had to do screenshots at work, a supervisor would come to my computer and do it for me and send it where it needed to go, but she went so fast I never saw what she did.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:53 AM   #132  

Height: 5'3"

It's been years since I've done it, but as I remember you just press the key that says print screen. It will be put onto your clipboard. Then open your paint program...its in windows accessories. and paste it there. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll talk you through it.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
It's been years since I've done it, but as I remember you just press the key that says print screen. It will be put onto your clipboard. Then open your paint program...its in windows accessories. and paste it there. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll talk you through it.
This is the part I don't understand online. I have no idea where my clipboard is, or my paint program. Someone online said it's not a real clipboard, but a virtual clipboard. And I don't know where Windows Accessories is, or my paint program. Believe me, Mary, when I say I am completely computer illiterate. LOL I am lucky I know how to turn in on and off, and find 3FC.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #134  

Yes it is a virtual clipboard...you don't need to see it. Anytime you copy or cut anything that's where it goes until you do it again with something else, then whatever you did before is erased. So you press print screen (may be abbreviated on your keyboard), and then paste it into the paint program. You just need to find your paint program which is under windows accessories. You can search for it. In win 10 I have a search box on the lower left of my task bar. You may have to click on the start button in yours. Try typing in paint. If that doesn't work, try accessories, and find paint in the list.

Last edited by maryea; 02-24-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #135  

Happy to see my weight dropped a little again. Slowly it is coming down, but it's a constant matter of thinking about what I'm eating all the time. And I'm slowly getting back to my usual daily routine here at home. My house is still a mess and looks so neglected but I've completely unpacked now and have caught up with the budgeting etc. Still need to call and get some frequent flyer miles put on one airline account. Haven't connected with my other son and his family. They are only ten minutes away but I've got this nasty cold and both of us have been so tired since we got home. I'm sleeping but that's what I want to do all the time and dh isn't sleeping at night so we are both kind of a mess. We haven't gotten back to the gym yet either. Hope to do that next week.

While on the trip my watch stopped working...this was the second time and this time I also noticed the little screw on the side was gone. Not sure when that happened. I just bought it last Dec. So yesterday I took it back to Kohls and they gave me a new watch. It's just a cheap Timex but that's what I always buy and they've always worked well for me in the past. Guess I just got a lemon the last time. I really like the one they gave me. We also went to Costco and shopped the coupons. I got a new steam mop as mine stopped working several months ago. My first one came with the Shark vac my dh ordered for me from a TV ad. And this one was one of the Costco coupon deals. My kitchen floor really needs it right now!

Well I'd better stop talking about it and get to work. Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited by maryea; 02-24-2017 at 03:33 PM.