Old 06-23-2018, 02:18 PM   #211  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Salma,

Glad you are here. I hope the thread does pick up ~ it would be nice for new people to find a group of people that are active posters so that it is a helpful place to come for support.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #212  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon! Not as busy at work today, so I can "play" a little, until a customer walks in. Hope all is well. It is so HOT here. The heat index is around 105! I got up at 4:15 this morning and did some leg exercises, hubby went walk, I'd rather stay in the air condition, but I really do need to go and walk too. Really out of shape. Anyway customer just pulled up. Blessings.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #213  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Went to my "Remedial Diabetes Class". Did not learn anything new. I just need to DO what I know. I either eat too much or not enough. I HATE the thought of writing down everything I put in my mouth. So instead of writing, I will do portion control and just track of how many servings of each food group with a check list. Blessings.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals.... popping back in - life has been crazy and I haven't posted on the Golden Girls thread for just over a year now. All I thought was going to happen did come true. Dad (81 y.o. today) did lose his driver's licence this past January, so since then I was doing all the driving for their appointments, groceries, visits out, etc which was difficult when you have a chronic disease, work full time, and have a household of your own. They got into a beautiful new suite in a Senior Residence with a large separate bedroom and good sized living/dining area. There is room for a queen sofa bed, a large upholstered chair & ottoman, two bookcases, and a 4 place dining set. They have a bar fridge and microwave, but all meals and snacks are provided in the main dining room. Good stuff too, like Eggs Benny, great homemade soups and sandwiches/veg platter for lunch, Mom's favorite Prawn Skewers, and Dad's favorite Chinese Buffet. Actually they've gained a bit of weight since they moved in in May, but not having the gardening and other household chores to do means they have to plan more exercise into their day. They are enjoying all the bus outings and meeting some new people, as well as live music and dancing on Friday's. They used to really 'cut a rug' back in the day, seriously good at Latin dances including Tango, Rhumba, Cha Cha, etc but for a few years they just didn't have the opportunities, after all when you live in a small town, where do you go to dance? It is good that they have moved into town though, as Mom's dementia has taken a downturn. She has dementia with Lewy Bodies (different from Alzheimer's, related to Parkinson's Disease) and she gets hallucinations once in a while. Usually they are benign (the baby at the end of the bed that requires Dad's T-shirt to wrap him in) but this time as they were getting ready to go down to breakfast she suddenly attacked Dad and tried to lock him in the bathroom and ran out afraid because 'he was so violent and mean.' (He really wasn't - not even in the same room with her at the time). I had to take her to their doctor who then sent admission papers to the hospital and she spent the night there. The next morning she had no idea why she was there and wondered why Dad hadn't come in to visit her, "I missed him soooo much." Luckily I used to work with people with brain injuries so I understood, and had brought him to the hospital where he waited, hovering around the hallways in case she still was hallucinating. I brought him in and BIG reunion. She came home with us just after lunch (which she didn't remember having a 1/2 hr before). Their doc adjusted her medications and so far the past couple weeks things have been much better and they are both getting more restful sleep too.

Hubby & I did 3 garage sales for them this past summer, (**** I HATE GARAGE SALES*****) and then I sold the house for them myself w/o realtor - as soon as they had moved out I had 3 people asking about it since it is a very well maintained mobile home on a nice size lot and there is almost NO affordable housing in our area. The average house price here is just over $500,000. Yep, you read that right.

On the food & diet front: I had gained a bit of weight (stress eating, what can I say) but am back on plan with low carbing and have ditched the tortilla chips lol. Lost 5 lbs in the past two weeks. Bikini season in 1 month - heading to Isla Mujeres (E coast Mexico) for 3 weeks. Hoping to ditch the other 8 or so before then. It was so bad I had to buy new 'fat pants' and couldn't fit my old uniform pants . Happy to say I am back into a few pairs of pants... not comfortably yet though, and I still can't fit into half of my clothes. But I will get there again.

Congrats to the maintainers!
And Go Power sent out to all the rest working on dropping some!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good afternoon (or morning in my case, since I work 3rd shift and don't get home and to bed till 5:30/45 AM.
Hope things are plugging along for everyone and you are in a 'happy place.' I had a traumatic experience on the job and have been off for almost a couple weeks and a bit of weight crept back on due to stress. I was threatened with a taser and bear sprayed in the face and perp got away. A PTSD therapist and I are 'working' through the issues, and I'm finding it helpful. The extra lbs are slowly dropping, and I am back on plan. I had a rather difficult first night at work last night though, what with alarm calls and scheduling screwups.... I won't bother elaborating
Counting down the days to VAYCAY!!!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #216  
Want to feel better

What kind of work do you do Liana? Just curious ~ I was a 3rd shift worker almost 20 years, then a 12 hour night shift the rest of the time. I'm sorry you had that attack on you. That must have been so scary. Glad you are ok. Hope your vacation is soon and you can relax and enjoy the time off.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #217  

Hello All - thought I would introduce myself to the other seniors. I am one of the 100 Lbs Club and there seem to be a lot of young people there. I am 71 and am just starting (Again!) since the weight is now really impacting my mobility. My knees hurt. My legs hurt. I got my back back in shape with the help of a chiropractor but - WOW - getting old - not for sissys. About 6 year ago I moved from a third floor walk up apartment to one on the ground floor and worked as a journalist so there was a lot of time at my desk. And I still spend too much time at my desk. I feel so bad about how I look and walking is so hard for me that I really do not want to go out. I do quite love to swim but can easily talk myself out of going to the pool! I now live in a 55+ community in Florida so there is really no excuse not to swim.. Glad to be here. Grateful that you are all here. I do need some support.
mountainannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:56 PM   #218  
Want to feel better

Default welcome

Hi Mountainannie,

Glad you are here. Way back when I began, I was part of the 100 lb club. Like you, I got to the place where they all seemed so young and I just didn't feel like I fit in there so well. So, I searched around and found the Golden Girls group. I felt more at home with them. That group of ladies has kind of dwindled away ~ I don't think any of the original ones are left here now. I pop in once in a while when I get a notice that someone posted. I will try to do it more often if you are gonna be here. Look forward to getting to know you.

Take care
Old 12-28-2018, 04:14 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

It's been awhile since I have been here but I have been contemplating really working hard again on my physical fitness. I did a 25-minute workout on my WII Fit Plus yesterday and another workout today, 15 minutes, plus lots of shoveling of snow from our recent storm. I need to gain strength and coordination and lose about 15 pounds. I just never seem to get started and if I do I do not maintain my motivation. I think visiting this place will motivate me and give me a jump start. Thanks for listening.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 235/161/125

Height: 5'2"

I am new. 68 years old. Was seeking a weight loss support forum for seniors. Was hoping this might be it, but noticed that the last posting was 2 months ago. Is anyone still active in this forum?
snowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

I was hoping the same thing. I hope others will comment.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #222  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

commenting looking for an age appropriate thread. That's not dead.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 207/199/160

Height: 5'6"

Did you ever find a thread that was still going on? I just joined today but it looks like a lot of the "Golden Girls" are gone.
dkr102030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Hello,
I haven't been on for a couple of years so I thought I would check out this site again. I lost about 22 lbs., but now it is starting to creep back on. I have decided to start the Mayo Clinic Diet to get it under control. I am familiar with Mayo Clinic as I am a Minnesotan and I trust them to know about how to safely lose weight and change eating habits.
The diet starts with a two week quick start. I purchased the book and will finish reading the first section tonight so I am ready to start tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
WoodLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

My day begins with logging everything I eat or drink. The plan requires you to eat breakfast. My breakfast of choice is oatmeal with fresh fruit.
My goal for today is to make my exercise minutes (walking, gardening, housework) equal my TV or computer screen time. In addition to a walk outdoors, I might be able to achieve this by walking on the treadmill while watching TV.
WoodLily is offline   Reply With Quote