Old 07-16-2016, 05:07 PM   #331  

Height: 5' 2"

Carol Sue Love to learn that when we pass thru the Golden Gate there are no more stairs!!!! I'm with you, need knee surgery but am doing all I can to avoid it. Because the weight won't move, I can't get it, but I really am trying on that.

April I'm confused, your fitbit said you walked wonderful steps and miles, but how couldn you do that in only 36 minutes? Something doesn't add up or you are super woman!!!

Today's walk was so much easier with cooler weather. 3/4 mile left me able to even do a bit of gardening when I got back. We've had rain almost daily for 2 months. Our water bill shows lower than average this summer. However, veggies are so slow getting to eating size. Cucumbers are plenty and I do love them, but tomatoes stay small and green, and peppers hardly have grown at all. WE NEED SUNSHINE!!!!

Dee How did your garage Sale go? I bet that was lots and lots fo work.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:22 AM   #332  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Sandy!

I'm afraid I don't understand your question....I'm not sure where the 36 minutes came from. I usually get home from work after midnight and post the steps from the day before when I do post them. I looked back at some of the recent posts, but can't figure out what you mean. I've been in KY for four days. Just got back in time for work today. Maybe I'm too sleepy to wrap my brain around whatever you are asking! LOL.

Have a great day!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:32 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Hello Ladies!

Actually wore the fitbit yesterday. 11,454 steps. 5.08 miles. 36 active minutes.
April, here is the post that Sandy was referring to.

Sandy, the way the Fitbit works, there is a category called Active Minutes. These active minutes don't start to accumulate until you have been doing the particular activity for 10 minutes. That is based on the recommendation of the American Heart Association that activity should be at least 10 minutes long. So, if I get up to go to the bathroom, the steps I take accumulate, but the minutes don't apply to my Active Minutes because it doesn't take at least 10 minutes. The same if I get up to refill my coffee, or water. So this means that through the 24 hour period, April did 11,454 steps on that particular day which equaled 5.08 miles, but during the day she had 36 active minutes....when she was active continuously for more than 10 minutes at one time, which could be a brisk walk of a couple miles, as opposed to stop and go walking.

I hope I'm explaining that correctly.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-21-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #334  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Morning!

Carol Sue: Thank You! I understand Sandy's confusion now. Thank you for the fitbit active minute tutorial. I knew that active minutes reflected continuous activity, but didn't know exactly how fitbit determined how active minutes are tracked. Sometimes, when I'm extremely busy at work, running up and down the hallways and back and forth from my medication and treatment carts, I accumulate upwards of 75 active minutes. Days when I'm less rushed, but still make the same number of trips back and forth, I accumulate approximately the same number of steps, but many fewer active minutes.

I have to sync my fitbit and see how I did while off work.

Take care everyone and have a great day!
Old 07-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #335  

I love my fitbit! It really does work as a motivator to get moving.
Pamala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #336  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Morning Everyone!

Pamela: I received the message on my phone that my fitbit battery is low. I went to get my charger out of the bag I took to KY with me, only to find that the chargers to my Nook and Fitbit aren't there! I must have driven off and left them at the farm. Now I don't even want to go for a walk before work! LOL. Talk about losing my motivation! I see you are in the Netherlands. When I was a child, we lived in Germany, and took regular trips to Holland to buy groceries at an American base. I think it was in Brunssum. It was quite a drive, but closer than other bases in Germany.

I hope everyone is staying cool!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 07-22-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #337  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello All!

Found the fitbit charger for my old ONE and was torn about using it as my old ONE had to be replaced because it wouldn't hold a charge. I was worried the charger may have done something to cause that. I decided to give it a try anyway, and it seems to have done the trick.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

April
Old 07-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #338  
Sandee

Hi everyone our summer temps have been really crazy & fall will begin way too soon. We finally got rain last Sunday for about 2 hours, my garden needed it badly because it's not the same as watering our plants. Our garage sale was nice, meeting new people. I'm a pushover with giving lots of free items when I see people wanting them, I gave away about $200 of very nice items. My hubby kept getting upset with me. Then when he went to work the following Monday he found out that his company was cutting employees weekly hour's to 32 hours for 4 weeks, ouch on paying our bill's & our summer property tax bill due in September. If I had known about his paycheck I wouldn't have given away all those items at our garage sale

It looks like you'all have been veryyy active using your Fitbit & enjoying your summer. I need to lose about 6-8# from eating badly this summer, I made a raspberry jellyroll cake last night & I ate 1/3 of it for dessert & a yummy snack. I strained the seeds out when I made the jam, I really love having my own garden fruit.

I hope that everyone has a fun week, I'll have to skip sugary desserts the rest of this week to make up for my raspberry indulgence.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #339  

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hi everyone our summer temps have been really crazy & fall will begin way too soon. We finally got rain last Sunday for about 2 hours, my garden needed it badly because it's not the same as watering our plants. Our garage sale was nice, meeting new people. I'm a pushover with giving lots of free items when I see people wanting them, I gave away about $200 of very nice items. My hubby kept getting upset with me. Then when he went to work the following Monday he found out that his company was cutting employees weekly hour's to 32 hours for 4 weeks, ouch on paying our bill's & our summer property tax bill due in September. If I had known about his paycheck I wouldn't have given away all those items at our garage sale
Dee, this is all I can say.

Luke 6:38 says:

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

I hope I don't get in trouble on the forum for quoting the Bible. I won't apologize.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-26-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 PM   #340  
Sandee

Hey there everyone
Today our temps have been hot but No humidity A nice day to be outdoors

Carol Sue Thanks for the scripture & caring about me. My Dh & myself are both Christians since our childhood. That was a question we both asked on our 2nd date, 22 yrs ago We felt such chemistry together at that point, but if we didn't both love Our Lord Jesus Christ then we would say goodbye & end our dating relationship. All 40 yr old dating people don't think about that, we went to movies, to parties & had alcohol; but we both always made time to attend church nomatter what we did the night before. HE's here for everyone 24/7 & beyond & I trust & speak with Him daily about everything since my childhood when he saved my life.

It's wonderful to have another sister here with me Yes feel at home to speak your thoughts on 3FC, the only rules I know of are: no profanity words, no bullying & no illegal sales. There used to be a few Christian support threads. A year ago when I was going through a biopsy I found a prayer thread & I posted asking for prayer & my Dh & I pray every morning @ 4am when we wake up before his work day starts. Then at bedtime we have a prayer list to pray for. If you're on a prayer thread or you decide to start one on 3FC let me know

Have a wonderful day everyone

Last edited by miniDoodles; 07-26-2016 at 12:05 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:48 AM   #341  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello All!

Dee, what popped into my head was, "The LORD loves a cheerful giver". I'd say you qualify.....

Old 08-08-2016, 09:29 AM   #342  

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well. Dee, I hope you are working things out financially with DH's hours being cut. It seems that God will provide, even when things seem bleak.

Lurch Mamma, I hope you are doing well with your Fitbit, garnering lots of steps. I am still averaging 5K to 6K per day with a few flights of stairs. I hope to increase that gradually.

I am doing well with my eating. Lowering carbs, losing a few pounds. I'm not setting any records, but any loss is good loss to me. Blood sugar is coming down, too.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:37 PM   #343  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Out there in 3FC Land!

I just thought I'd check in on this thread and see if anyone is still out there! It used to be pretty active in here!

I keep having setbacks and had gotten close to getting out of the 160s at one point, but now am back up around 180. I was doing well recently using "Lose It" which syncs with my Fitbit, but then my husband got pneumonia, and I quit caring again. Now I have a kidney infection and a UTI. It's been a difficult year.

One thing that has happened that is positive: My schedule at work changed, so now I work 16 hours Sat and Sun, and I'm off Mon-Fri. It is great from a freedom standpoint, but not so great from the activity standpoint. My job is strenuous, so I was getting quite a work out five days a week. Now I get a super intense workout two days a week. LOL.

I'm going to start back with the fitbit and "Lose It" tomorrow. (I'll have to be careful with the exercise intensity, because the antibiotic I'm on can cause "tendon rupture". Yikes!) I don't know if any of you have tried it, but it's really neat. Your fitbit dumps exercise bonuses into your "Lose It" when you reach a certain number of calories burned as calculated by your fitbit based on steps and active minutes and all that. It makes you want to become more active to get those bonuses. It was a great incentive. LOL. The basic "Lose It" app is free, and that's what I'm using.

I hope all of you are well and making better progress that I am!

April