Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #106  
Jacksonville, FL

Awww, Karen, I'm so sorry, she was a beauty....I've had so many come and go....never an easy time....
Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #107  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

So sorry Karen for the loss of your fur baby.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #108  

Height: 5'3"

Today was the day to fix myself up...got a mani/pedi and a hair cut. So that's done for a while.

Otherwise I cleaned the carpet in our spare bedroom, and did a little decluttering in there and also my office. Much more to do in my office.

Dh wants to go out to eat at Stardust Diner..not sure if that's a chain or not but it's high fat, high salt food like at most diners. I'll do the best I can to get some veggies.. It has not been a very healthy eating day and I am longing for them. Sometimes I want to hide from all the high carb, high fat, high sugar foods...other times I want to be able to eat them in moderation....

Karen31 - I've already said it but I am so sorry about Ginger...she was so special to you..and I'm sure she knew that. I truly believe we will have pets in Heaven...or at least on the new Earth...if we want them....she may be there waiting for you. How is your other doggie taking the loss? Also how about Tim, I know he enjoyed her too, how is he handling it?
Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen31, I am so sorry to hear about Ginger. I remember when you posted that video back when. I have it saved and show it to everyone! It was so adorable! She was loved and I'm sure she knew it and appreciated her time with you. It is very hard when you lose a furry friend.

Bobbi, my neighbor used to give me zucchini all the time but now he is ill and can't plant, so we planted them for the first time. They have blooms but no zucchini yet. I hope we get some.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #110  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Karen...my heart felt sympathy to you and Tim. Out of love and respect for our fur babies, it's best to take them to a better place. We've put down 2 dogs with many tears but now have wonderful memories of them. I know you will treasure Ginger's antics and pretty face.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks everyone, It has been pretty rough.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #112  
Jacksonville, FL

Has anyone here read FITNESS AT 40,50 and 60 and BEYOND by Michael Spitzer?
I saw it mentioned on a forum on MFP and ordered it used. I am mostly interested in the fitness part but have just finished the diet part. He is a low carb proponent which is more the way I tend to lean, but I needed some activity advice...so will see what he has to say.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #113  

That book sounds interesting Deelou, but I can't find it cheap enough for my budget and it's not at my local library. I will keep checking. I bought a Fitbit and I'm embarassed at how inactive I am. No wonder I can't lose weight...I don't burn any calories to speak of! It has been a real eye-opener.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #114  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Karen31..sending much love tp you and your DH. Rest in peace sweet Ginger!

Zucchini is one of my most favorite foods. I roasted them on parchment paprer with smashed garlic cloves and brussel sprouts. I used a spritz of olive oil Pam and salt pepper onion powder.. total yumminess.. and no wheat based carbs( b/c wheat based carbs are a problem for me)
Old 07-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #115  

Height: 5'3"

Its been a cooler day today despite what the forecaster predicted. Rained (with thunder!) this morning. Now and then the pastor would say something and it would thunder. We all got a kick out of that! We don't hear a lot of thunder here so we kinda enjoy it I guess. It's not loud like I used to experience as a kid in the MW...more like a rumbling.

I grilled Blue Marlin for lunch and sauteed in olive oil mixed veggies (zucchini and beans were from our garden plus broccoli and onion from store). Dh had some leftover corn bread from last nights dinner out and I had a little leftover mashed potatoes. It was all good.

Been online the rest of the day with brief breaks...I'm tired of FB and entering sweeps! I get that way now and then and have to lay off it for a while.

Deelou - No I haven't read that book. I'll check it out...I was about to say what about 70 but then I saw the BEYOND!

Last edited by maryea; 07-13-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Whew, been stinkin' hot these past four days - the car gauge said outdoor temp was 41C yesterday. Clear blue sky with that bit of haze that tells you just how hot it is. On forest fire watch in our area... This whole week will be in the very high 30's and my DH is getting up for work at 4 AM so he can get the jobs done before it's too hot to clean the glass. One customer jokingly said he could come and start the windows at 2:30, but he laughed and told her he'd have to set up those huge shop lights then... lol.

Sorry to hear about Ginger... it seems like Poms have a problem with heart failure. My friend lost one last year from heart failure and her other Pom is on meds for the same thing but doesn't seem to be doing very well. She's pretty old anyhow at 14 so there will probably not be much improvement even with medication.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #117  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I took a new exercise class last night called yoga-belly. It was a combo of yoga and belly dancing. Um yes I was the oldest gal in the class and I could not do some of the "core" abdominal exercises. All in all it was fun and I would do it again.
I am so glad I found this exercise studio. It is close to my home and in our local down town area. All the women are friendly and the owner is a young woman so I feel good helping to support a local business

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 07-14-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #118  
Jacksonville, FL

The book is good, but exercise routines are too rigorous for an out of shape 70 yr old....maybe if I had started 30 years ago....so I will pick and choose and start some kind of weight training....
Old 07-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
The book is good, but exercise routines are too rigorous for an out of shape 70 yr old....maybe if I had started 30 years ago....so I will pick and choose and start some kind of weight training....

Is there some way you can tweak the exercise routines? I have some exercise videos and when I do them, I sometimes do a less intense version of what they're doing. I feel that I'm doing the same move as they are, but a gentler version more suitable for my old body. Weight training is good for us seniors. We lose a lot of muscle tone as we age. Many times I wish I had never given up the exercise habits I had in my younger days.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies. I had a very busy weekend. Friday after work we went eat out with the family. Saturday morning we were going check both camps. Got to the first camp and stopped to eat lunch and someone dh knows was camping and said the catfish were biting in the river. That's all I needed to hear. We came home and hooked up the boat and headed to the fishing camp. While I unloaded dh cut the grass and off we went fishing. We fished until dark and caught 6. They lied. Ds heard where we were and him and his fiancé came met un Sunday morning. That's the only reason we went back. We caught 4 more. Decided to leave and go to a canal where dh has some nets out and tried on rod and real and caught 4 more. Then it became so hot we couldn't stand it. We ran his nets and caught about 30 lbs. Got home and cleaned the fish and my sister cooked supper for all of us and we went there. We hot home at 9 last night. I'm pooped this morning. Got up late this morning and 3 of the kids are getting sick. I'm still having issues with whatever bug I have. I'm waiting for a call from dr to see what we will do. If anything it's somewhat better but not by much. I still have until Friday with antibiotics. I have to put kiddos down for a nap. Be back later for personals.

Hugs cajun
Closed Thread