Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #46  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I love all you gals in this on line support group.
We are so kind and accepting of each other, And we encourage one another, we do not judge or contradict or belittle....
I have gathered strength from each and every one of you...
Thanks for the support...
I am sending out powerful waves of love and wishing all of you a meaningful, kind, loving, strong holiday week-end.
Let's all stay true to ourselves.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

No time to chat, just wanted to post my menu from yesterday and %. I think I forgot to add something yesterday, my calories are low. Sometimes I get too busy to eat.

Mary...will check out your web site later.

3.01%

Quote:
Fat Chicks Menu 811 calories + 33 grams fiber
Breakfast: Fiber One ,Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Almond Milk, fresh Blueberries
Lunch: Vegetable soup
Supper: Venison Steak, baked potato, applesauce
P.M. Snack: Almond pudding with fresh blueberries & cool whip
Sunflower Seeds
Old 07-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #48  
Bobbi

Mary...I got curious and checked out that site. I want to get to my goal weight by July 25. according to this site....I have to eat ONLY 704 calories a day to reach that goal. Yikes I better revise my plan. I'm having foot surgery on the 25th, wanted to have it gone by then.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-04-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Great new Avatar/profile picture Lucinda! You & DH look wonderful - was it at a wedding?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I lost 1.5 lbs for a .77% loss. I told you I'm a very slow loser!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #51  

Hi everyone.Happy 4th of July it was a beautiful day here. Becuz dh is recovering from knee surgery,i watched 4th celebration on tv. this is the 1st yr that we didn't go to the parade.however its the 1st yr they televised the Mt Marathon race in seward,alaska. very exciting race up a steep mountain and back. check it out. I have been there and saw the race up close and personal. I even grilled which is usually hubbys domain hes sore and swollen and pain meds and ice are his friends right now and im his gopher girl Hope you hada good day too. congrats to all working so hard and to those who had a loss. thinking of those who have afull plate and those recovering or have spouses recovering rosey pictures are of my grkids and sil who climbed Lazy Mountain today in wassilla, ak

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-05-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #52  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...

I hope you had a fine 4th! Samson and I are FERVENTLY hoping that all neighborhood urchins are out of noise-making devices!!

Lucinda - I like the new picture of you and your DH (yes?)! You're a pretty woman, and your old avatar did not do you justice. You're just a tiny little person, aren't you? I do like it!

Mary - I hope DH continues to do well.

Rosey - I hope your DH continues to do well! And how is GD?

Nothing to report. I'm doing very well and am also really, really liking this retirement gig!

Hope you all have a good one! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 07-05-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #53  

Donna, I am glad you are feeling better and loving retirement. It's great, isn't it? For a long time I had dreams about being at work. We frequently eat at a restaurant that is next door to where I worked and I often see my old co-workers when they come out to walk on breaks and lunch breaks.

Mary, I too hope your DH has a good recovery from his surgery.

Bobbi, I don't think I could ever cut back to 704 calories. When I had my colon surgery I was not allowed anything to eat for 6 days afterwards. I survived, and actually lost 15 lbs. But it seems that when I'm home I cannot go longer than 3 hours without eating something. I feel like I'm starving. I have to do something about my calorie count.

Karen and Gayle, so nice that you got to meet and spend some time together. Karen, you have met several online friends. I have never met anyone from online but have talked to some on the phone.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #54  
Jacksonville, FL

So how did everyone do yesterday? I had 1002 yesterday and 661 through dinner today so my average will be at 900 when I eat my small dessert tonight.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #55  

Height: 5'3"

Our son and his gf were here yesterday and we had a good BBQ. He did the cooking. All I supplied was deviled eggs, a broccoli salad and a small container of store lemon cookies. My dh bought some pre-marinated beef spareribs..sliced very thin and my son grilled them along with his chicken. He keeps chicken breasts marinated in his freezer and pops them out as needed. He also made cheese scalloped potatoes and his gf brought zucchini bread she had made from zucchini from our garden. I had bought some potato salad just in case but we didn't need it, with the scalloped potatoes. It was all very tasty.

My son really put me on the spot....I told them I couldn't stand my diabetic diet anymore and was not even trying very much....will just take more meds...I get in these moods now and then. He said, well, you're always telling me I should stop my drinking and using tobacco, yet you won't stay on your diet. I felt so ashamed because he's right. I may still have to take more meds but I want to be a good example to my son and I want him to be proud of me...so I'm inspired again to try harder.

I'm still not feeling very well.....mostly tired and coughing now. Just want to sleep all the time. About all Im doing is the basics in the house and watering the yards, gardens. Am going to have to mow soon though, maybe later today.

Lucinda - Thanks for the loving post. you are always inspiring. I wish your new picture was larger so I could see it better. I'm assuming that is you and your dh? You looks so little and cute.

Thanks for the kind comments for dh. I think he is doing well. He has a hard time sticking to the rules. He's raring to get back to all his favorite activities.

Rosey - Hope your dh is better soon. Seems like he's had a lot of problems this past 12 months or so.

Bobbi - yeah, that's probably just too quick. The site advises no lower than 1200 cal a day.

Last edited by maryea; 07-05-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #56  

Hi everyone.. another quiet day here. My dh hobbling around and taking his meds and using an iced gel pack. His poor knee is very swollen feel badly for him but I'm taking good care of him. Maryea, your post tugged at my heart strings. sometimes even with a proper diet diabetes is an awful disease,try not to be so hard on yourself. Im sure that your ds is proud of you. hoping you feel better both physically and mentally. I have been in your shoes and sometimes we have to take baby steps,changing one thing at a time. the older I get the more I hate change any ways from me to you. ttfn rosey
Old 07-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #57  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

yes. The avatar is me and my DH. The photo was taken recently at a charity dinner fund raiser.
NSV story I want to share.. DH and I and our daughter and her boyfriend all went out for a late night bite to eat. I was able to mix and match items from the menu..spinach greens(raw) avocado, portebello mushroom, sun dried tomato, red onion and grilled eggplant salad.
So yummy and crunchy and I did not feel deprived or like a dieting kill joy while everyone else ate their dinners.
My salad took the longest to eat so when everyone else had finished their meals I was still happily munching away!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #58  

Lucinda, your salad sounds so good! I have just recently begun to try eggplant. I have had eggplant parmesan in the past, but with that you can't really taste the eggplant with all the sauce and cheese. I made some hummus with roasted eggplant and I liked it, and now I'm ready to try grilled eggplant.

Mary, you do whatever is best for you. It's very hard to eliminate carbs from your diet and it's not for everyone. Taking more meds is nothing to be ashamed of. You eat healthy and exercise, so you ARE taking care of yourself. The difference with your son and his alcohol and tobacco is that those things are not necessary to sustain life, but food is. Whatever you do, you don't want your blood sugar to get out of control and cause damage that cannot be repaired.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Mary....I have been thinking about you and your problems with a diabetic diet. The frustrations of never getting it quite right. There are so many new break thru coming out about diabetes and diabetic control. 75 years ago insulin was the God sent answer. We now know what problems insulin can cause....but the research with the hormones released by stomach stapling has even suggested just some type of metal by be an answer. My windy point is, right now just hang in there because an answer may be there soon. k3

Last edited by Karen3; 07-06-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #60  
Bobbi

Happy Sunday, I've not posted my % or calories because I made a new recipe for the traditional Portuguese soup and didn't have time to weigh and put the stats into Fitday. Therefore I do not know the calories I've been eating. My weigh is hovering about the same, maybe .03 loss.

We're on our way to Sunday service out in the park with picnic afterwards. NO, I won't be counting calories today either.

Carol Sue... It doesn't matter how slow a loser you are, you're still going in the right direction.
Quote:
I lost 1.5 lbs for a .77% loss. I told you I'm a very slow loser!
Closed Thread