3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~June Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/296391-%7E%7Ejune-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 05-31-2014 06:25 PM

~~June Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you when you turned 50? 60? 70? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

maryea 05-31-2014 07:09 PM

Its a nice day here. Dh is working outside and Ive been doing laundry. About ready to take a nap. Earlier today we went to a birthday party of a friend. Way too much food..but I think we both did pretty well and declined to bring any home.

June looks like a busy month. We are getting messages Monday, and we have several appts, and a gc graduating college.

Deelou 05-31-2014 07:38 PM

My son and family leave for Vietnam tomorrow. He heads a Christian non-profit that has orphanages in Cambodia, Thailand and India. Their first son was born in Vietnam and adopted 15 years ago...they are going there for a few days before visiting the kids in the other countries....www.asiashope.org you can follow by reading the directors blog.

glynne 05-31-2014 08:25 PM

Thank you Bobbi ~ for keeping us going for June

jess1 05-31-2014 10:24 PM

Good Hola, Goldens!

June... time for an avatar change!

Hope all is well with everyone!! Had a nice rain today, and now it's gorgeous!! LOVE Spring!

Later, lovelies. Thanks, Bobbi!

Karen3 06-01-2014 09:15 AM

thank you Bobbi

Karen31 06-01-2014 09:16 AM

Good Morning!! Thanks for starting the new thread Bobbi! You are appreciated!

Tim's sister leave this afternoon to go back to Albuquerque. We have had such a good visit and Tim has enjoyed it. He decided that he would like for us to go to church this morning so we are headed out now and then will be going to Granny Shaffers for lunch with the family after! Beautiful morning!!

Everyone have a good day!! And take a moment to Count Your Blessings!

glynne 06-01-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen31 (Post 5014747)

Everyone have a good day!! And take a moment to Count Your Blessings!

Since 3FC doesn't have a like button ~ I made my own :D

Karen3 06-01-2014 05:26 PM

I just pushed Gayle's LIKE button

Karen31 06-01-2014 05:46 PM

I LIKE Gayles LIKE button!!!!

maryea 06-01-2014 06:44 PM

Not much going on here this beautiful Sunday!! We went to church this morning, then came home for hamburgers. Then I got on the computer and dh is working on his project...he is making bird houses with the saw our son got him.

I'm still struggling getting back on track with my eating since our trip and gained a pound this week. Up and down I go, story of my weight life! Got used to restaurant food and seem to crave it now. We ordered pizza day before yesterday, ate most of it and then I ate the last two slices last night! Also the birthday party yesterday didn't help even though I didn't do too badly and I also didn't eat anything except one small caramel candy after dinner. Today I was doing well, but without even thinking I ate some grapes that were in a bowl on the counter. Gotta put those things in the fridge because I just love them!

Karen31 - Glad you had a nice family visit and that Tim felt like going to church! Sounds like a good day.

lucindaarrowspark 06-01-2014 07:59 PM

Just popping in to say hello.
I walked 5 miles this weekend.
I found a satisfying alternative to a coffee-creamy cold drink
I put 3 ice cubes, one tablespoon of instant espresso, one packet sweet n low, one cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk blend it in my ninja pro and voila! Rich cold and creamy at 30 calories!!!

maryea 06-01-2014 10:23 PM

Luncinda I make this same drink, only I use or a little chocolate syrup, just enough to sweeten slightly and often add fiber. The sugar doesn't bother me, just satisfies my cravings for sweet. sometimes I use chocolate stevia instead. Oh and I use much less coffee as I don't really like coffee much. Just like a little to make it taste different than regular chocolate milk. so when I use chocolate syrup, mine's a little more calories but it's still very low.

ETA I keep editing this lol. Another way I sometimes do this is to add a little bit of powdered cocoa and then add Stevia to make it slightly sweet. This is lower calorie. This is the only way I like almond milk really and I tweak several different ways, even adding spinach sometimes. Once it didn't get blended up well enough and that turned me off for a while on the spinach, but its fine when it's blended really well. Thank God for unsweetened vanilla almond milk!!

One can also use the no sugar added (it's got splenda in it though) syrups you can buy and they are in a whole lot of flavors. I've used chocolate, coconut, pb so far. I love that you can get the no sugar/zero calorie ones. I'm not crazy about most sweeteners including Splenda but I do occasionally use it. Mostly I use Stevia these days though.

Bobbolink 06-02-2014 08:38 AM

Good Morning girls

I too love the unsweetened almond milk, it's soooo much better than skim milk and only 30 calories per 8 ounce.

Since DH's doc told him to lay off the ice cream at night, I've been making him (& me) soft serve mock ice cream with the almond milk. If you put one cup of almond milk in your ice cube trays and freeze it, you get ice cream quality. Last night I put the frozen almond cubes into the blender with about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and a tad bit of water for the blender to start spinning. Or you could use additional almond milk. I have fruit flavored stevia I put in, You get a huge bowl of pretend ice cream, doctor friendly & low calories.

I'm going to behave with my eating today, yesterday I skipped my afternoon snack and ate the blueberries out of a large piece of pie served at MIL's nursing home when I visited.:dizzy:

Cajunlady165 06-02-2014 09:26 AM

Good morning GG's. What a weekend! Not a good one for sure. It started Thursday morning with stomach cramp and diarrhea all day. Friday again all day and night. Saturday all day and night. Sunday again. About 11:39 am I'd had enough. I took Imodium. What a relief. I felt good all afternoon. Ds called us to go eat barbecue. I ate. All good. Woke up this morning stomach ache again. I don't feel bad like a virus. Maybe something I ate. Who knows! Or could be rotavirus. 3 to 7 days. On another note I never gained anymore lbs. I've been packing the pounds on. My jeans are to the point that I'm bulging out of them. I've got to follow 1-1-1 more strict. I refuse to buy more jeans in the next size.

I have to get back to work. Y'all have a good day!!!

Hugs
Cajun

canadjineh 06-02-2014 11:21 AM

New FDA news :(

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/05...ld-you-eat-it/

FDA approves a sneaky version of aspartame :s: that doesn't even need to be put on the label. This seems a rather scary backwards step from the healthy open labelling idea that the FDA 'seemed' to be pushing forward over the past couple of years.
Those of us trying to eat more naturally with less added chemicals will be quite dismayed! I'm hoping these companies that use this new sweetener will still have to label for Canada, but I'm afraid we will be bowled over by the juggernaut that is the US 'Corporate Food' system.
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Liana

Bobbolink 06-02-2014 01:30 PM

Liana...thanks for that article, I'll not be taken in. I get terrible headaches from apartame!

Cajun, since you, Mary and I are all on the 1-1-1, maybe we can help each other stay on track. Do you want to start posting your menu? Mary does most of the time, I do once in awhile because I'm lazy. Or maybe you have some suggestions we can do to stay OP.

akrosey49 06-02-2014 01:44 PM

Hi everyone its beautiful sunny day here,after several days of heavy rain that we needed desperately. I like the idea of posting our foods we eat every day. there's accountability at least for me to see it in writing. ive been grazing more esp in the evenings :?: so this will help me hopefully. ttfn rosey :wave:

maryea 06-02-2014 02:13 PM

I'm on a flexible 1-1-1. I think some things are kind of contradictory so I just use my judgement. For instance she says blueberry muffin counts as only one carb on the regular plan, but I can't have any brown sugar or honey in my oatmeal. What sense is that? Maybe it's just me not understanding but I'm gonna use my own judgement on some things so if you notice somethings slightly off plan that's probably why. :D I dropped two pounds over night so hopefully I can get back on track now and get down to where I was.

Breakfast this am
oatmeal (only 1/3 cup dry today) with 1 t. honey - carb
1 T slivered almonds - fat
1 cup nf milk protein

bobbi - I mostly almond milk in smoothies and mochas and really like it that way. I 'd probably like your mock ice cream it is similar to how I use it in smoothies and mochas.

We are going to get messages this afternoon. They were gifts from our oldest dd for Christmas and we are just now getting to them.

Deelou 06-02-2014 02:27 PM

B/Whole wheat toast w/ 1 T peanut butter
Coffee
L/Whole wheat tortilla
1oz cheddar cheese
2/3 cup watermelon

exquisitern 06-02-2014 02:51 PM

Good afternoon everyone! Well, I've been absent for about a month now and thought that I would get back in the groove. I'm a Director of Nursing at my main job and it has been very stressful for the last month. They came in and gave a 30 day notice to 5 of my RN's. I work for the State. Anyway, it has left my staffing in chaos. I have always been an emotional eater, so I try not to use stress as an excuse to eat. I have lost weight and even changed my short term goal tracker to a new level as I had completed the previous one! I've lost 60 lbs now since my journey began last year about 15 months ago, not record weight loss, but I feel so much better. I had bronchitis and hadn't been able to walk for about 3 weeks, but I started back this morning, so I plan to keep that up. I'm glad its not raining, we had plenty of that last week.
I hope that everyone is doing well. I liked the ideas with the almond milk. I've never tried it, so I'm going to have to try it. I'm going to be checking back in more often. I know I need the support and I love what everyone has to say and how supportive you are of each other.
Have a great day!!! :hug: :hug:

glynne 06-02-2014 03:52 PM

Good afternoon GG's,

It is sun shiny off and on today. Not sure what the afternoon holds ~ sort of hope Maddie would like to go one of the pools today.

We had Maddie all weekend while Sara did stuff with Corbin. Mommy promised her a trip to Chuck E Cheese if she behaved for the time she was here. She behaved with just a few wrinkles at times, but so much better than other times.

Four more days of school, then we have Maddie all day during the week days. Hope for more sweet than sassy days. :crossed: Thank goodness for Grandpa who seems to know just the right things to do and say. Grandma doesn't do so good.

Got good news from the endocrinologist today ~ my A1C has dropped back down to the “pre-diabetic” range (6.3). Yippee. Weight is dropping slowly.

Exquisitern ~ glad to see you back. Sorry for the stress of your job. You are doing great with your weight loss.

Deelou ~ keep up the good work with your weight loss ~ the 8.2 pounds is great. Thank you for sharing the link to your son's organization.

Mary ~ enjoy your massages. Good for you with the exercising the other day at the gym.

Rosey ~ did the rain help the fires up your way? I can identify with the poofing posts ~ LOL.

Liana ~ thank you for the article. Scary though that because of how they label ~ you might not even know that ingredient is in a product.

Bobbi ~ from your earlier post: If you put one cup of almond milk in your ice cube trays and freeze it, you get ice cream quality. Do you just take them out of the freezer and eat them in cubes, or thaw a little first? I want to try this, but not sure exactly what to do after they are frozen. I think arranging the meals/snacks from 1-1-1 according to what works for you ~ as long as you keep losing weight ~ should be ok ~ no two people are the same.

Karen MO ~ how are you guys doing? Glad you both had such a nice visit with Tim's sister.

Karen FL ~ how are you doing?

Donna ~ lady of leisure ~ are you enjoying so far?

Cajun ~ hope your tummy feels better. You'll get back on track. Don't feel bad about getting behind on the personals. It isn't mandatory ~ but enjoyed when you can do it. I used to feel discouraged because I didn't do it very often ~ I do better now, but had a hard time keeping up when I was working. Guess it shows that maybe I spend way too much time on the computer. :o

Lucinda ~ thank you for sharing your recipe ~ another one I'd like to try. I have some of that almond milk and need to find ways to use it. Did you have a nice weekend with your family?

Hi Carol Sue

Hope you all are having a good day.

Bobbolink 06-02-2014 06:03 PM

Gylnne...
Freeze 1 cup almond milk in ice cube trays. Put frozen cubes in your blender with a tad bit of water or more almond milk, whatever frozen fruit you want, stevia and blend until light and airy. Mine looks like soft serve ice cream. Don't put too much water or almond milk in or it turns into a smoothie.
I've put cocoa powder in for Bruce, carob for me. You can peel bananas and wrap in sara wrap, throw in the freezer and make chocolate banana soft serve.
Last night I made Bruce soft serve using frozen cherries, he loved it. I added fruit flavored stevia and some almond extract.

For mine, I used PB2 peanut butter, vanilla and frozen almond cubes in the blender. Whatever you use in smoothies, use for soft serve. You use very little liquid.

P.S. You can't eat the frozen almond milk cubes, they must be blended.

glynne 06-02-2014 06:26 PM

Bobbi ~ how much PB2 do you use? How much cocoa powder? I have stevia packets ~ would those be ok. I have never seen it in a liquid form ~ where do you find that? I was thinking too ~ maybe I could put a little bit of vanilla extract in it. Thank you for your help ~ I miss ice cream. I tried freezing yogurt, but it wasn't the same. Maybe if I did it like the almond milk and then put it in the blender, it would come out better.

Thank you for your help.

canadjineh 06-02-2014 09:26 PM

Glynne Good going on your A1C tests!! Feeling healthier each minute I bet!

Deelou 06-03-2014 07:50 AM

What a happy morning to actually reach 10 pounds lost! I can tell that some of my clothes fit better, I have dropped my one BP med but must admit I look forward to hearing from someone, "you look like you have lost weight"! I am averaging 900 cals a day...the only way I can lose, and am only hungry once in a while. I cannot eat a lot at one time, so that is good.....I will reset my goal when I reach it, doing small goals is easier for me......so if I need to lose 30 pounds, when will this slightly vain old lady hear those words!

Bobbolink 06-03-2014 08:12 AM

Good Morning girls:jig:

Glynne...just put one serving of PB2 in.( 2 Tablespoons = 45 calories) Cocoa is 1 Tablespoon = 15 calories. As to the stevia packets, you can use that or any sweetener. Splenda, store brand splenda, any no calorie sweetener to taste. I stop the blender and have a taste, add more sweetener at that time if needed. Just use the same ingredients you'd put in a smoothie without all the liquid. (The liquid gets frozen into cubes)

Congrats on the 10 pounds Deelou...you are starting out about the same weight I started a few years ago. I was up to 169 and that weight was what broke the camels back. I got very serious about losing it, exercising and I didn't stop until I reached my goal. You too can do it, just keep on truckin'.

Breakfast:
Fiber One-Carb
Flax & Chia-Fat
Almond Milk-Protein

AM Snack: coffee/almond milk shake

Lunch: chicken veggies soup

PM Snack: saved it for after supper snack

Supper:
pork loin- protein
potato - carb
butter for spud-fat
lettuce salad with raspberry vinegar dressing (5 calories)

TV snack: popcorn

Bobbolink 06-03-2014 08:15 AM

Welcome back exquisitern, do you have a shorter name you can put on the bottom of your post?

ladyinweighting 06-03-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 (Post 5015425)
Good morning GG's. What a weekend! Not a good one for sure. It started Thursday morning with stomach cramp and diarrhea all day. Friday again all day and night. Saturday all day and night. Sunday again. About 11:39 am I'd had enough. I took Imodium. What a relief. I felt good all afternoon. Ds called us to go eat barbecue. I ate. All good. Woke up this morning stomach ache again. I don't feel bad like a virus. Maybe something I ate. Who knows! Or could be rotavirus. 3 to 7 days. On another note I never gained anymore lbs. I've been packing the pounds on. My jeans are to the point that I'm bulging out of them. I've got to follow 1-1-1 more strict. I refuse to buy more jeans in the next size.

I have to get back to work. Y'all have a good day!!!

Hugs
Cajun

Hi Cajun,

I had to re-read your post to make sure I had not written it!!! I had the same thing only mine started Saturday evening. The stomach pains were REALY sharp & strong. I finally also took Imodium (have not taken that in years - mine was VERY out of date). I thought it might be something I ate, but all I had was a piece of restaurant quiche & a dish of ice cream.

I still felt a little nauseous on Sunday morning. After that - fine.

Maybe it was some type of virus.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 06-03-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynne (Post 5015706)
We had Maddie all weekend while Sara did stuff with Corbin. Mommy promised her a trip to Chuck E Cheese if she behaved for the time she was here. She behaved with just a few wrinkles at times, but so much better than other times.

Got good news from the endocrinologist today ~ my A1C has dropped back down to the “pre-diabetic” range (6.3). Yippee. Weight is dropping slowly.

Hi Gayle,

I would love to see a new photo of Maddie. Please share.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! GREAT news about your A1C. I am thinking about weaning myself off my meds. My A1C has been steady at 6.1 for several years. First thing I will need to do is geet a new glucometer - mine died several months ago.

This would involve MANY tests each day - 1st thing in the morning, an hour before and 3 hours after all meals, and last thing at night. It would also involve recording everything. Right now I take 2 pills/day. I would keep track for a week taking these pills & then start decreasing meds little by little each week while monitoring to make sure my blood sugar is doing well. Would probably also be REALLY good for my weight.

I will let you know if I do this.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 06-03-2014 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbolink (Post 5015629)
Cajun, since you, Mary and I are all on the 1-1-1, maybe we can help each other stay on track. Do you want to start posting your menu? Mary does most of the time, I do once in awhile because I'm lazy. Or maybe you have some suggestions we can do to stay OP.

Hi Bobbi,

I am not on 1-1-1, but I REALLY need to start posting my food. I just keep gaining & am starting to panic.

I definitely need something to get me back on track.

Lynn

ladyinweighting 06-03-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deelou (Post 5016109)
What a happy morning to actually reach 10 pounds lost! I can tell that some of my clothes fit better, I have dropped my one BP med but must admit I look forward to hearing from someone, "you look like you have lost weight"! I am averaging 900 cals a day...the only way I can lose, and am only hungry once in a while. I cannot eat a lot at one time, so that is good.....I will reset my goal when I reach it, doing small goals is easier for me......so if I need to lose 30 pounds, when will this slightly vain old lady hear those words!

Hi Deelou,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::

Lynn

ladyinweighting 06-03-2014 08:47 AM

Today's Food Intake -

6:30 am - 1/2 protein bar

12 noon - veggie stew (green & yellow squash, eggplant, onions, mushrooms, garlic, chickpeas, olive oil, and diced tomatoes) and a piece of Italian bread

7:30 - protein drink (skim milk, protein powder, vanilla, Truvia, flaxseed oil, frozen cherries)

10:45 - 1/2 glass skim milk & 1 pkg 100-cal shortbread cookies

Bobbolink 06-03-2014 09:39 AM

Lynn...posting your menu would be beneficial for you plus it gives the other Golden Girls a chance to see what others are eating. Sometimes I get in a rut and like new ideas.

When I don't watch what I eat, I don't post here. Probably because I don't want to be reminded I'm on a diet. To all that need to get back on track, start posting again...it really helps. Been there, done that. AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Cajunlady165 06-03-2014 09:46 AM

Good morning ladies. Bobbi thanks for the help. I will try and post my foods and hopefully it helps.
Yesterday

Breakfast
Yogurt protein
Dry cheeros 1 cup carb
2 slices bacon fat
Lunch
4 oz grilled pork chop protein
Corn carb
Pat of butter on corn fat
Afternoon snack
Protein bar protein
Blueberries and strawberries 1cup carb
No fat
Supper
6 oz chicken protein
1/2 cup rice carb
Gravy fat
Fresh green beans veg free

That's the menu for yesterday. I didn't get a morning snack. My breakfast is late by the time I'm finished with the kids.

I have to do something or buy new jeans which I refuse yo do.

Mary there are some things that confuse me also. But like you I will do what I think. I guess as long as we do something it's better than nothing.

Lynn I know how you are feeling. I've been gaining non stop. I lost total control.
Sorry to hear you had the same thing. Mine lasted 4 days before I took the Imodium. Even after I took it I'm still getting the cramps. My stomach is still not right. No nausea but cramps.

Deelou awesome. I know you are feeling proud.

Gayle congrats on your a1c reading. My sister is sitting her grand kids for the summer and she wears them out in the pool. They are too tired to even complain. Maybe you can get maddie tuckered out in the pool and get your exercise at the same time. Lol.

Exquisite run welcome back. Congrats on you weight loss. I have lost that amount of weight only to put 40 lbs back on and it's so disappointing. It doesn't come off easy the second time.

Rosey it finally got warm up in Alaska. We are 90 + degrees. Very humid and hot. Sunday we entered hurricane season. Much dreaded.

Liana I think some of the things the FDA do are horrible. Hopefully they are making them post what's in it. Like peanut butter labels have to label a trace if it could be in there. Not good for people with allergies.

Lucinda I admire your awesome will power to stay on plan. Food is a double edge sword. We need it to live but it can kill you too. An addict can stay away from what he's addicted to but a food addict is tempted every time he puts something in his mouth.

Karen31 you and Tim are in my prayers.

Karen3 I still think of you often. Hope you are well after your surgery.

Gayle. I pressed your like button. Thanks.

Donna hope you are doing ok.

I will post menu from today in tomorrow's post. Thanks Bobbi. Hope this works!!!

Hi to anyone I missed.

Hugs
Cajun

jess1 06-03-2014 11:48 AM

Hola, Goldens!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deelou View Post

I have to respond to that, DeeLou - I've waited in vain for people to notice my transformations, and finally, I ask if they need glasses or WHAT?? They've responded with "oh, I didn't want to offend you"... PLEASE, OFFEND ME!! We'll tell you: "Looking good!"

Gorgeous morning here. My knee is almost at 100%, so the displaced pain has returned to my hip. Guess my brain can only handle hurting in one area? Anyway, two weeks from today is surgery (I HOPE)....

Hope you're all doing well. Later, lovelies!

canadjineh 06-03-2014 01:05 PM

This morning's breaky

Hi to all the girls, hope your day is on track, I know for most it is half over, :lol:. Perks of living in the West, :lol:

Here's my breakfast (maintenance, so I'm probably eating more of some things than you guys do.) Copied from MyFitnessPal.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
Irene's - Cheese & Onion Bread - gluten free, 1 slice 120 18 5 6 5 3 
Genova - Tonno Solid Light Tuna - In Olive Oil - Drained, 1.98 oz 79 0 5 9 0 0 
Laughing Cow 1 Wedge (Canada) - Light Cheese Wedge, 2 wedge 50 2 3 4 0 2 
Olympic - Krema Greek Yogurt 11% Plain, 0.07500000000000001 cup (175g) 25 1 2 1 0 1 
Patak's - Lime Indian Style Pickle - Canada, 0.4 tablespoons 14 0 1 0 0 0
Raw Fresh Strawberries - Fresh Strawberries, 166 g 53 8 0 1 2 0 
Totals for the meal
341 29 16 21 7 6
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar (measured in grams)

We are busy today! Randy is working and I am getting stuff ready for our hiking trip to the Rockies (Kananaskis/Canmore) and then off to a very fancy Inn for the weekend - a Relais & Chateaux Inn http://www.kensingtonriversideinn.com/

DH is at his limit - time for a break from work - he's been going 6 days a week, very active job, and then yardwork, household chores, car repairs, etc on Sundays.

Liana

maryea 06-03-2014 01:50 PM

Glad to see you so many posting their eating. Since I got off-track, my weight has quickly got up and so has my bs. Seems like I'm always starting over again, but better to keep trying than not try at all. I'd hate to see how much I'd weigh if I stopped trying.

Yesterday was a fun day with getting the message. Unfortunately we left there very hungry so went out for lunch and I got off track again for the rest of the day. Dh is fishing today so I'm on my own. Plan to go to the gym and then grocery shopping and CU for cash.

Today's eating
breakfast - forgot fiber but pretty well made it up at lunch
Cinnamon raisin bread - 1 small slice with 1/2 T Smart Balance - carb and fat
Egg scrambled in cooking spray - protein

Walked track at least 10 min at fairly fast pace but no jogging today as I was talking on phone to my sister. Then stationary bike for 18 min. at 10.

am snack
Small thin cracker with a bit of cheese with fig jelly on top - sample at grocery store. - carb, fat and protein (on stricter version)

lunch
chili with beans - protein and carb
mixed nuts - fat

pm snack
sugar free fudgsicle - carb, fat(chocolate) and protein

Bobbolink 06-03-2014 06:11 PM

I stayed OP all day. My pork loin gravy was fat free so can't really consider it as fat. Broth was from yesterday's pork loin & refrigerated over night, a little hardened fat around the edge of bowl which I picked off for fat free broth.
I'm saving my PM snack for after supper, tonights soft serve ice cream going to be strawberries. I picked up a 4 pound bag of frozen strawberries at walmart today, $8.77...great deal. About 2.19 a pound.

Quote:

Breakfast:
Fiber One - Carb
Flax seeds, ground - Fat
Almond Milk - Protein

AM Snack: 1/2 Peanut Butter, Bacon/celery/lettuce Roll- up
1/2 Flat out-Carb
PB2 (peanut butter)-Protein
1/2 strip crispy bacon-Fat
stick of celery & lettuce -Free

Lunch: I ate the other 1/2 roll - up from AM snack.

PM Snack: Skipped

Supper:
Pork Loin - protein
Mashed potatoes -Carb
1 Tablespoon butter & a tad of gravy -Fat
2 cups green beans-Free
After supper snack, almond milk and blueberry soft serve.

akrosey49 06-03-2014 07:33 PM

Hi everyone.. another nice day here sunny but cold out. I was a lazy girl today.lounged around and puttered.It was quiet but nice. Hope your day was too. My eating was more controlled becuz I was going to post my foods starting today,and I plan on limiting the snacks or better none at night. I wish us all success in our plans for ourselves. :hug: rosey :wave:

Breakfast
coffee
lo sugar instant oatmeal 1 pkg apple cinnamon

lunch
diet pizza 1 slice
green grapes 1 cup
iced tea

snack
1/4 c almonds
coffee mocha smoothie

dinner
1 slice meatloaf