3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~June Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/296391-%7E%7Ejune-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

maryea 06-22-2014 09:34 PM

Bobbi we have zucchini but we let them get larger than we wanted so we are giving them away. We like when they are little and grill them or stir-fry them. Either way yummy!! I'm a pretty plain eater so mostly I just like a tiny bit of olive oil and I'm good to go with veggies.

lucindaarrowspark 06-22-2014 09:44 PM

:hug:thank you my 3fc friends for letting me blow off some post-menopausal steam. It builds up every so often and if I don't let it out I end up swallowing up my emotions and that leads me to poor food choices.
You all are the best!
I really dig our "judgment free" vibe we got going.

canadjineh 06-23-2014 12:31 AM

Stinkin hot & sunny here today, 30C or about 90, but at least it's not very humid. It's only 21C or 72 here at 9:30 pm. so not bad to sleep in now. We had our RCMP Citizens Patrol BBQ today and it was excellent - local detachment officers joined us and we all had bison burgers (local supplier) with cheese on the BBQ and all kinds of great salads - I brought a field greens salad with halved red seedless grapes, fresh mushrooms, raw pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate vinaigrette. There was a Santa Fe salad with black beans corn, red & green peppers and onions, another 6 bean salad, another green salad with peppers & a vinaigrette, a potato salad, a macaroni salad, devilled eggs, pickled beets, pickled carrots, regular pickles. Dessert was everything from a square that required 11 Mars bars to make :devil:, ice cream sandwiches, lemon meringue pie, pecan pie, and a pistachio pudding square with a chokecherry sauce. Everything home made! MMMM! I ate everything but the potato salad and the macaroni salad, and only had the pistachio pudding square with sauce for dessert because it was gluten free. Having to be gluten free actually saves me from eating a lot of the dessert selection. Pretty well everything has a wheat based crust when you are talking desserts. We played some neat lawn games like beanbag target toss, and others I don't know the name of. Lots of fun. Almost forgot - also a couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc, and a few glasses of punch made with 7-Up, fruit juices and tons of berries and lemons & limes & oranges in it. It made a great White Sangria too.
Hope the new week goes well for all!
Liana

Wannabehealthy 06-23-2014 08:55 AM

Bobbi, this article says that although there are early warning signs of pancreatic cancer but they are so vague that they are not recognized.

http://www.caring.com/articles/10-ea...creatic-cancer

Cajunlady165 06-23-2014 09:14 AM

Good morning ladies. What a weekend. Friday after work went to sisters house and packed up for our crabbing trip. We went out to eat. Woke up at 230 Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep. I think I dozed off at 130. So I only got 1 hour of sleep. We went crabbing until about 1 pm. Got home at 3 and starting getting things ready to cook. We caught 8 dozen. We cooked them Saturday night. It was dh birthday so we made him a chocolate cake with cookies and cream icing. I took a small bite just to see what it tasted like beings it was a new flavor. I was ok with that. We fell into bed at 10:00 exhausted. Woke up at 645 and went fishing yesterday until about 3. The heat was so bad. I got home and took a cold shower. Dh cooked and we were in bed for 7. Mil called and told us there was a young fox on her carport and he was coming toward our house. I looked out the window and he was under our carport. We have 2 of them. They come in our yard every afternoon. I told dh he needs to get rid of them. They are getting too close for comfort. Invading my space. He called a trapper that wants them. So that was our weekend. Fun but exhausting. The best part was I stayed 100% on tract. Yah!!!!!!!!!!!! I did eat boiled crabs and that's ok I can have them but they make me retain fluid and it takes a couple days to get rid of it. Usually about 2 lbs. but I know it's fluid from the seasoning.

Liana- we have heat here to. It's 95 with humitidy. Woke up to 82 degrees this morning. We walk outside and the heat is suffocating. It's instantly sweating. Hate summer.
Lucinda- vent all you want. We have all been in that situation a time or two. These ladies have helped me so much.
Flower welcome. These ladies are so very helpful. They congratulate you when you do good and get the rolling pin out when you don't do good. Lol.
Mary can you believe we haven't made plans for 4th of July yet. I'm sure it will be camping some where's but with who not sure yet.
Karen 31 sending hugs your way. Prayers to give you strength. For your Tim to be pain free. We went thru the same thing y'all are going thru. My father in law had pancreatic cancer. If it's any conciliation to you he never had much pain.
Rosey my knee is hurting and I was thinking it could be baker cyst. I've been neglecting getting it checked out.
Bobbi I found out the carbs on that plan made me crave more all the time. I guess I'm a all or nothing gal.
Gayle- I do daycare in my home. I know how you feel everyday. I have 6.
Ruby welcome. Tell us a little about yourself and your food plan.
Donna very glad you are doing ok. Praying to a good recovery and pain free after the healing!!!
Carol sue. That trampoline is awesome for a cool workout. I do it under a fan. Before when I did it the inches just fell off my hips. Hope I can do it again with the same results. I jog in one place. So far never fell off.
Deelou hang in there. It could be fluid retention. Like someone else said it could be too low calories and your body is thinking your starving yourself and holding on to what you are feeding it. Good luck.
Sorry if I skipped anyone.
Hi k3

Got to get the laundry started.

Hugs
Cajun

Karen31 06-23-2014 09:40 AM

CarolSue, while all those are signs of pancreatic cancer, they don't all show up at once. When my hubby started with the yellow eyes, and skin they checked him for hepatitis, which would be a reasonable thing to think. But by the time these signs show up, the cancer has already been in the body for the 14 months which is what our Dr. had said. Which is why, by the time it is diagnosed, it is already in the advanced stages. Not because early signs were missed!!

Cajun, thanks. He says he doesn't feel bad right now even while taking the chemo pills. The chemo IV was a different story. The second treatment of the IV almost did him in! I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your FIL. It just isn't easy to think about but something that I am having to learn to deal with.

glynne 06-23-2014 09:57 AM

Hugs Karen MO ~ we went through the same cancer with Steve's mom a few years back. Thoughts and prayers continue ~ you're not alone.

maryea 06-23-2014 01:52 PM

Good morning everyone! Dh went fishing this morning and I slept in. I took a long nap yesterday afternoon and then couldn't sleep last night til about 3 am at least. Our son and his gf dropped in last night just for a little while. Other than that it's been pretty quiet. I haven't gotten much done yet today except breakfast ..had oatmeal this morning. I ran out and chose not to buy any more mocha mix since I tend to crave it. I think I'm going through withdrawal..

Take care all...

lucindaarrowspark 06-24-2014 07:55 AM

Kudos Maryea! Committing to eliminating a trigger/crave takes strength!

Cajunlady165 06-24-2014 09:06 AM

Good morning. Future dil booked the reception hall yesterday. Looks like rain again for us thru Thursday. Dh and I have a wedding Saturday night. Tomorriw is weigh in day. I don't feel a loss this week. But I did have a 5 lb loss last week. It's going to take a few weeks for my body to adjust to this plan. I'm hoping that's the case.

Hi to all. Work calls.
Hugs
Cajun

Wannabehealthy 06-24-2014 09:19 AM

Karen, I understand what you're saying. I guess there really aren't any "early" signs. I have known a couple people who had pancreatic cancer but none were diagnosed until later stages. Other than the yellow eyes, I don't know if any of the other signs would have me seeing the doctor and can't think of any tests that might have uncovered it during a general check up. I'm glad Tim got to spend some time with his siblings, although it must have been sad for them under the circumstances. You both are in my prayers.

Deelou 06-24-2014 02:58 PM

First time just into the 150's.....159.9!!

lucindaarrowspark 06-24-2014 05:15 PM

Way to go Deelou! Yipee!

jess1 06-24-2014 07:05 PM

Hola!

Just as an aside, my sister's boyfriend's parents both died from pancreatic cancer (or the complications thereof)... they both complained several months before the diagnosis of severe itching all over. Apparently, the bile salts don't drain properly, get into the blood system, and cause the itching. And apparently that is one of the few earlier signs. Nasty disease!!

Karen31 06-24-2014 07:10 PM

Tim did itch too-- but thought it was dry skin

akrosey49 06-24-2014 10:40 PM

Hi everyone. beautiful sunny day here,wanted to spend time on the deck but the skeeters are awful this year.steve still hobbling around with my cane. he seeing a surgeon on Friday,to see if he needs surg or a needle aspiration.It must hurt a lot as hes really cranky. made out all our bills today and im happy to say we now own our car :carrot: a Subaru Forrester. we plan on going shopping tomorrow. cupboards are alittle bare. I have been doing extra house work as we are having a family BQ on sunday. to celebrate my grdd birthday and her brother is home on leave from the airforce. have not seen him in a year and am so excited to see him. Jess how's it going,hope u are healing up and not over doing. Karen31 thinking about you and Tim and know am sending prayers for you both. Deelou congrats that's so awesome continued success. Hoping your day was a good one ttfn :hug: rosey :wave:

flower123 06-24-2014 11:58 PM

Hi. I am still so new here I feel akward responding to some people's posts. But that will not stop me from doing it :)
cajunlady: awesome re 5 lbs last week.

Karen31, again I am so sorry your husband, you and your family is going through this ordeal. Last year my brother went through the ordeal of cancer. I wish I had more words of comfort. Sending blessings.

Deelou, congratulations on hitting the 150s. Thats really cewl.

akrosey, how wonderful that you get to see your brother. I hope you have a beautiful time with him.

Today was an odd eating day. I barely got sleep last night because I knew a plumber was going to be working in my condo today. Well there were 3 master plumbers here. They are removing the hot water tank, the boiler(furnace) and replacing them with one unit that does not leak carbonmonoxide and functions better. They also will be creating a better way for it to vent. Through the roof. But not through the chimney vent as before. Big job. They have other jobs to do by the end of the month. So I will be witout hot water for at least 3, but not more than 4 days. At least I hope it will not be longer than friday.

one of the plumbers is unbelievably sweet and care full. But one is not so much. Of course the boss who just checks in on the project is the more care full one. I did shreik once when the guy was emptying the hot water tank through the emergecy tube which empties into the garage. He quickly understood, from my reaction, that was a big mistake and hooked up a hose to the heater and emptied it into the shower drain. I tried to be very kind and caring to them. But that shriek could not be helped.

Anywy, the food thing was messed up today. I ate an extra protein meal mid day. Guess I needed that protein. But I also had more cocoa powder than usual. Which was already too much before today. I belong in OA but I could not handle the 12 steps. I am such a food addict :dizzy:

Thank you everyone

akrosey49 06-25-2014 01:04 AM

Hey I guess I should have phrased my post different or better as its my grandson and my dd and her family that are coming for a visit. My grson is in the airforce and I have not seen him in over a year. I don't have a brother but do have 3 sisters :) :hug: rosey

flower123 06-25-2014 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrosey49 (Post 5029858)
Hey I guess I should have phrased my post different or better as its my grandson and my dd and her family that are coming for a visit. My grson is in the airforce and I have not seen him in over a year. I don't have a brother but do have 3 sisters :) :hug: rosey

oops, you did write it perfectly clearly the first time. I did not read perfectly clearly. :dizzy: I hope you have a wonderful time seeing your grandson. Hope his leave is a long one.

Cajunlady165 06-25-2014 09:06 AM

Good morning. It's raining again. Supposed to rain for the next 3 days.
Today is weigh in day. Just as I thought I maintained. But I did have a 5 lb loss last week and I'm thinking it's going to take a couple weeks for my body to adjust. I ate the left over boiled crabs last night and I'm retaining fluid this morning so I could have had a loss. We will see next week.
This weekend my ds and his fiancé are serving in a wedding for their friends. We will be attending that wedding Saturday night. In October they are serving in another wedding. It's another classmate of ds's. Both of those couples will be in ds's wedding also. Last year they served in another class mates wedding. So 4 out of 5 of his closest friends will be married.
We are going to the camp Friday after work to try and finish the water well shed.
That should be fun in 95 degree temps.

Flower don't feel like a stranger. Just jump right in. I have always had a problem with messing up on my diet and thinking all is lost I just as well eat. Thru all this dieting I've learned all is not messed up. I just try and jump back on the next meal and go forward. I think to myself what size I would be if I never tried at all. So try to not best yourself up for messing up and get right back on tract.

Rosey I hope your cranky gets help soon. Have a wonderful time with your barbecue and seeing your family.

Deelou awesome!!!!! Congrats. I know you're happy and proud of all you're hard work as you should be!!!

I have to get to work. Be back later. Hi to all I missed!!
Hugs
Cajun

jess1 06-25-2014 09:32 AM

Good Hola, All...

Rosey - has it been a year ALREADY??????? It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that we were all weeping about his departure! Enjoy enjoy, enjoy your visit! I continue hoping and praying he'll be safe and far, far away from the crazies.

Doing well, overall. I overdid it a bit yesterday, but I'll do more walking today to keep everything stretched. I certainly feel a thousand times better than I did before the surgery!! Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Have a good day, everyone! Later, lovelies.

maryea 06-25-2014 02:15 PM

Good morning everyone! Dh is fishing again to day. Wants to do all he can before the surgery. He is not doing well though ...if he catches one, it is marked so he can't keep it or he can't catch one....but at least he enjoys being outside trying. I slept in and have been really lazy so far. I was going to the the gym but doesn't look like I'll get there now and I have to get busy around here now.
Did a little better with my eating last night and my weight is down a bit this morning. I wish I could get through an evening without eating at all, I'm sure Id lose weight again if I did. My bs was high all day yesterday. I took my supplements and meds then at dinner time I realized I had not put my diabetes meds in the tray!! So I don't think I got them until dinner time so too late for the am ones but thank God, I noticed it then and took them then at least but I'm to take them twice a day. The trays are now filled correctly.
Doing these stupid things does not help my bs!!

Dh had an ultrasound yesterday and it was ok so we are praising God! He also had his pre-opt appt with his primary doctor and everything is a go for his eye surgery on Monday unless labs come back showing a problem. His labs have been good so don't expect that. One more appt this week for his colon with his new doctor and then we can just prepare ourselves for the surgery.
It seems like it's been one thing after another recently and I think I will feel that way until both of the last two things are fully taken care of and all is well again...his eye and colon.

Jess - So glad you feel better! It is wonderful what they can do now to help people!

Deelou - Congrats on the weight loss!! You are doing so well and will soon reach your goal!

Flower - I am a food addict too so I understand. We just have to keep working on the discipline and it is hard. My dh has no problem with this and can't understand so I'm glad I'm here among people who do.

Rosey - Glad you'll have time with your family and esp your gs!

Wannabehealthy 06-26-2014 07:15 AM

Donna, glad your surgery is behind you and you are starting to get around a bit.

Dee, good job on the weight loss!

Cajun, congrats on your loss, too!

Mary, prayers for good results for DH.

DH is still having pain from his shingles and it's worse sometimes than at other times. He is more active now and said if he's busy it takes his mind off it. It will go away eventually, I think.

Today I am going for an echocardiogram. It is routine, due to my heart valves. I'm hoping they don't see any change. There is no change in the way I feel and the DR said if there's change I would feel fatigue and shortness of breath.

Next week I go for labs and I'm hoping to see an improvement in my A1c. It was 9.7 last time. Yikes!

Bobbolink 06-26-2014 08:33 AM

Yipee, outside of house is all painted. Sorry I've been AWOL, but I'm busy. Congrats on the 150's Dee.

Donna...good to hear from you, glad you're not in so much pain.

I'll have to go back when I have more time to read everyone's news, accomplishment, etc. :listen:

Cajunlady165 06-26-2014 10:50 AM

Still raining here. I'm molding. It's gloomy.
Diet is going good. We are waiting on a price for the grooms cake but I think it's hoping to be over budget. I'm looking for another cake.
Nothing much to chat about today. We were invited to friends camp this weekend but we have a wedding to attend. Not sure our 4th July plans yet. Sure it will be camping and fishing.
Bobbi I know you are glad that's done. We painted the outside of mil's house last summer. Hot and hard work.
Carol sue I heard that shingles were very painful. My mil had them but they were very mild case. Lasted about 2 weeks.
Mary how's 1-1-1 going. Don't give up.
Donna glad that you are doing well.

Clothes are ready to go in the dryer. Gotta go.

Hugs
Cajun

canadjineh 06-26-2014 11:40 AM

Here's your laugh for the day, gals:
I went to a lovely pot luck for my outdoor Aquacize class last night and it was hot & beautiful out, the food was healthy & amazing home made flavours of bruschetta, a fresh avocado salsa (not guacamole - something very different). All natural, gluten free Krumbleez seed 'crackers', freshly picked local strawberries, tasty meats & cheeses, fresh veggies, etc.

Then we all got into the water to go thru some new moves and 'burn off' our dinner. Fifteen minutes into the class, there was an 'incident' at the shallow end involving a small child who was having too much fun to get out of the pool & head to the bathroom. General evacuation from the pool ordered by the guards and closure as it had to be chlorine shocked and then rebalanced before the morning. *Sigh* so much for the workout... I've worked at a pool before so I know the signs that 'something' has happened when the guards all start to whisper to each other quickly and run around the pool edge. No one ever owns up to the accident and the public isn't actually told much about the situation, just that the pool must be closed due to chemical levels. Which is true, but they don't tell you why the chemical levels have to be high...lol :sssh:

Liana

lucindaarrowspark 06-26-2014 11:57 AM

oohh gross. I was eating lunch while reading this

Bobbolink 06-27-2014 07:38 AM

Good Morning, we're moving the balance of my brother & SIL's household into their condo today. What a job!
I have Taste of Home emails daily and this recipe would be great to bring for your July 4th celebration. It can be lower in calories if you use sugar free jello and stevia for sweetener. I haven't made it yet, too busy. We have fresh blueberries on sale right now, will pick some up and make it tomorrow when I'm not so busy.

Ta Ta

Quote:

Taste of Home Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake

12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
Ingredients
1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 cup sugar
TOPPING:
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/l...#ixzz35q1fAJDW

jess1 06-27-2014 09:14 AM

Good Morning, Goldens!

Bobbi - I saw that recipe and agree that it looks delish!!

Are you getting any of the flooding? My niece and her family are in St. Paul, and I'm hoping they're high up on a hill somewhere, too! (Not too hilly and not too high, of course... don't want them sliding down!)

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous here!

Lucinda - you hang in there!!!

Rosey, hope all is well with your GD. Prayers!!

I'm doing great, spending more and more time every day without the cane; went downstairs twice yesterday to do laundry and did fine; all seems to be coming along very well!

Hope your day is a good one, lovelies!

lucindaarrowspark 06-27-2014 11:30 AM

Spreading the Joy! Last night my 13 year old daughter had a couple of friends sleep over. I cut up a whole bunch of carrots and left them on the kitchen table for snacking. The girls ate them all and did not plow through chips that were in the pantry. Hooray for them!

canadjineh 06-27-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark (Post 5031300)
Spreading the Joy! Last night my 13 year old daughter had a couple of friends sleep over. I cut up a whole bunch of carrots and left them on the kitchen table for snacking. The girls ate them all and did not plow through chips that were in the pantry. Hooray for them!

Good for the girlies! And so sorry to have ruined your lunch Lucinda, lol. I should have put a **WARNING TMI** note on the post,:dizzy:

Hope everyone is having a positive day, and if it isn't yet... go about making it so! :cool:

exquisitern 06-27-2014 12:01 PM

Good Morning all! I've been missing in action. Well, I had a great time on my trip to Pennsylvania. I ate everything I wanted and still had lost 0.2 when I came back. We are doing a weight loss group here at work that is going until September 15. My goal is to get down to 175 by then. I really haven't set out to try and win, I just wanted to have some support from others. When I weighed this morning I was down to 184.4, which was 2.8 lbs down from the last time I weighed with the group 2 weeks ago.
Since I'm back at home I am back at my routine of eating fresh fruit during the day and a small regular meal at night. I may have a yogurt with fresh blueberries when I get home until I get dinner ready. I am walk/slow jogging for 3.6 miles each morning (1.6 of walking and 2.0 of slow jogging). I fell down on Tuesday this week and skinned my knee and elbow, scared a poor walker to death, who helped me get up. Embarrassing!!! She walked me to my car, she was so nice, but I got up the next day and did my walk/jog again the next day.
Work has been extremely crazy and the nurses are working short on the homes. I'm trying to get out 35 evaluations before the end of the month, which may or may not get done. The nurses they rifted, they have not resolved so I am down 5 nurses. I guess this is the perks of being the boss. I wish I could go back on vacation!!!
Deelou: Congrats on your weight loss
Rosie: Enjoy your time with your family
Karen: So sorry about your DH and am praying. I had two uncles with it.
Cajun lady: Congrats on the previous week of 5lbs!!! Way to go
Donna: Glad you are getting around ok. Hope you continue to heal without problems

Hope everyone else is doing well!

It will probably Monday or Tuesday before I post again, I so enjoy reading everyone's progress. I can't remember who posted the Zucchini recipe, but I've got to go back and write it down. I love Zucchini.

Take care.

Donna RN

Bobbolink 06-27-2014 12:40 PM

I should have posted this with the Blueberry cheesecake recipe. The sugar free lemon jello from the store has aspartame in it. BAD ingredient, especially for me... It triggers migraine headaches.
When using this on the cheesecake recipe, do not put all that water in. (Cheesecake recipe calls for only 1 cup of water) Just soften the Knox in 1/4 cup cold water, add 3/4 cup boiling water and chill for cheesecake recipe.

Quote:

Homemade Lemon or Lime “Jello” Gelatin (sugar-free option)
3 Tbsps gelatin, granulated (3 packets) (I recommend Great Lakes Brand. See Notes. For Gelatin Squares, use twice as much gelatin.)
3/4 cup healthiest sweetener (I used xylitol for a candida friendly version. Any granulated or liquid sweetener will work)
12 scoops stevia extract* (NuNaturals is one good brand.)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
3 cups cold water (divided)
1 1/8 cup lemon or lime juice (or some of each for Lemon Lime Gelatin!
1/2 teaspoon grated rind (optional. Use lemon rind for lemon gelatin–lime for lime.)
Method
1. Soften gelatin by soaking in 1 1/2 cups of the cold water for a few minutes.
2. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add remaining ingredients (including the other 1 1/2 cups cold water), stirring until thoroughly blended.
4. Pour into 2 8×8 baking pans.
5. Refrigerate until set.

Cajunlady165 06-27-2014 03:05 PM

Raining again. It time for it to stop. We are still going to the camp. Extra packing dress clothes make up ect... For the wedding tomorrow night. Hopefully dh and I can get something done on the water well shed.

Be back Monday. Hopefully still 100% on tract.

Have a nice weekend ladies.

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 06-27-2014 05:58 PM

Hello everyone! Dh went fishing so I'm alone. Guess I needed a little excitement...I made made some mac n cheese using leftover macaroni, a slice of cheese and a dab of butter added a little salt n pepper. I don't remember but apparently I set the pepper shaker down on my flat-top range. Walked away with my bowl to eat while reading something on the computer. I had finished my bowl and thought about a second bowl, said no to my inner child and decided to fix a salad instead. I was just about ready to stand up and suddenly our security alarm went off...LOUD. My first thought was that dh had probably came in (although I didn't hear him drive in) and opened the door. He sets the alarm when he leaves usually and I hadn't been out. Then I realize the kitchen is filled with smoke and I see the burner still on with the pepper shaker lying on it totally destroyed...really stunk! I got some tongs to remove it and of course the alarm company calls me. Couldn't turn off the alarm until I got the pepper shaker out of the house and the house aired out. Still a little smoky and stinky though. That's enough excitement for me.

Sitting here eating my salad and reading the pool story...LOL...

lucindaarrowspark 06-28-2014 09:38 PM

Oh Maryea! Thank goodness you are alright and did not burn down the house!
I have had a good weekend so far enjoying the conversations I am having with my adult children...I walked 5 miles today, I swam and yes I put on a bathing suit even though there were men at the pool...for the first time in years and did not feel embarrassed at how I look.

flower123 06-29-2014 12:56 AM

Hi fellow golden girls. Glad to be here reading.
Maryea, that's quite a story. Hope that smoky smell gets out of your home soon. Glad there was no damage
lucindaarrowspark, great that you wore a swimsuit. I have not worn one in public since I was in my early 20s. I SO admire when people do wear them. a few years ago I went to the beach with a teacher of mine ( adult classes) who was close to 300 lbs...either way. She hid in the parkinng lot behind the open car door and changed into her swimsuit. I was SO impressed. She was going to wear her swimsuit. And she did. I call that stregth. And there I was not even really overweight (at the time)and refusing to even wear shorts because of what I silently refer to as "my shar pei factor". i admire her... and you. Its healthy

Today i threw out my cocoa powder. I cannot control how much I drink. Can't really be trusted with the stuff, lol. I started on the jogging trampoline. I am trying to get back to the maintaince where i was comfortable. Its so close. I cannot let it illude me any longer. Its been a month. Too long

Hard to believe its almost July. Those beautiful colors and smells of the flowers. And the basil that is growing by my front door. Living way up north as I do makes me appreciate summer with such a passion. Took more photos of flowers today. Next I have to learn how to properly use the iphone camera. learning curve.

maryea 06-29-2014 03:00 AM

It was a good day...went grocery shopping at three stores. Our GPS wasn't working. It was the cable because it worked in our other car plugged in and it worked alone on battery. Was going to buy a new cable...looked online but found nothing for the particular model. Decided to call Costco and ask them where to buy one...but they said just bring it in and we'll refund the money. I even told them we'd had it over two years! Which turned out not to be true...after I got in the store they looked it up it was only over 1 year but they were going to refund it regardless!! Couldn't believe it! That alone makes our membership worth it!

Then while looking for something in my glove compartment, I found a Christmas present I'd purchased (2 gift cards worth $50 each!) and lost. I was sure that I must have accidentally thrown them away with the scraps of paper after wrapping other gifts. The recipient will be pleasantly surprised...I told her what happened but honestly didn't think I'd ever find them.

More good news...yesterday I did pretty well on my eating plan but did goof up some in the evening...only one snack but a big one. But today I have done well all day...not my best day for veggies, so not as healthy as usual but in regard to carbs and calories, I think I did well (didn't track just ate carefully). My bs were high but much better today (they were very high yesterday all day) . I think if I can eat every day like I did today (but with more veggies which I normally do) I can get them down.

Lucinda - GFY wearing a bathing suit!

Flower - Usually we are more worried about what others will think about us than they really do think about us. I have to admit I stopped wearing one a few years back too. I wasn't wearing it often anyway...only when we rv'd during the winter and there was one place we went in the hot tub. In the last 4 years I've only worn it at one place...I did get up the nerve to wear it at night in the hot tub in Cabo. It was pretty dark walking across the yard to the hot tub and even around the tub so I felt more comfortable about it but haven't worn one since.

Wannabehealthy 06-29-2014 09:56 AM

I do not wear a bathing suit locally, but if we go on vacation to the beach I will wear it because nobody knows me and I will never see those people again. As Mary said, people are concerned about how they look themselves....don't care how you look. When we go to the beach, we go out early in the morning before the sun gets too hot and walk down the beach, looking at things that washed up during the night, such as jellyfish. In the afternoon when the beaches get crowded we usually go sightseeing. A couple times I sat out on our deck in my bathing suit but we have a pretty private deck. DH said I could probably sunbathe nude, but I think he just wants to look! LOL

Mary, I am so glad you did not have damage to your home...and with you home alone, to boot! I am so afraid of having a fire. In our other house we had an electric stove and I wasn't used to it and had a bad habit of setting things on it before it cooled...dish towels, cookbooks, etc. I like my gas stove so much better as I can see the flame. The bad thing about it is I have very little sense of smell and cannot smell gas leaking. If anything ever happens to DH I will have to have a gas alarm put in to alert me if there is gas leaking.

Lucinda, it's so good that those young girls enjoyed the fresh vegetables! While at my son's house, they had vegetables cut up for dipping in hummus, and my 5 year old grandson was gobbling up all the peppers, carrots and celery. He loves veggies, but he likes his junk food, too.

lucindaarrowspark 06-29-2014 02:26 PM

Good for you Flower123! I also separated myself from my trigger foods! I gained control by just swearing off/avoiding/junking all the foods that lead me to a binge! It is liberating to be free from bad food addictions!