Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Karen, I understand what you're saying. I guess there really aren't any "early" signs. I have known a couple people who had pancreatic cancer but none were diagnosed until later stages. Other than the yellow eyes, I don't know if any of the other signs would have me seeing the doctor and can't think of any tests that might have uncovered it during a general check up. I'm glad Tim got to spend some time with his siblings, although it must have been sad for them under the circumstances. You both are in my prayers.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #212  
Jacksonville, FL

First time just into the 150's.....159.9!!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #213  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Way to go Deelou! Yipee!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #214  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!

Just as an aside, my sister's boyfriend's parents both died from pancreatic cancer (or the complications thereof)... they both complained several months before the diagnosis of severe itching all over. Apparently, the bile salts don't drain properly, get into the blood system, and cause the itching. And apparently that is one of the few earlier signs. Nasty disease!!

Last edited by jess1; 06-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Tim did itch too-- but thought it was dry skin
Old 06-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #216  

Hi everyone. beautiful sunny day here,wanted to spend time on the deck but the skeeters are awful this year.steve still hobbling around with my cane. he seeing a surgeon on Friday,to see if he needs surg or a needle aspiration.It must hurt a lot as hes really cranky. made out all our bills today and im happy to say we now own our car a Subaru Forrester. we plan on going shopping tomorrow. cupboards are alittle bare. I have been doing extra house work as we are having a family BQ on sunday. to celebrate my grdd birthday and her brother is home on leave from the airforce. have not seen him in a year and am so excited to see him. Jess how's it going,hope u are healing up and not over doing. Karen31 thinking about you and Tim and know am sending prayers for you both. Deelou congrats that's so awesome continued success. Hoping your day was a good one ttfn rosey
Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #217  

Hi. I am still so new here I feel akward responding to some people's posts. But that will not stop me from doing it
cajunlady: awesome re 5 lbs last week.

Karen31, again I am so sorry your husband, you and your family is going through this ordeal. Last year my brother went through the ordeal of cancer. I wish I had more words of comfort. Sending blessings.

Deelou, congratulations on hitting the 150s. Thats really cewl.

akrosey, how wonderful that you get to see your brother. I hope you have a beautiful time with him.

Today was an odd eating day. I barely got sleep last night because I knew a plumber was going to be working in my condo today. Well there were 3 master plumbers here. They are removing the hot water tank, the boiler(furnace) and replacing them with one unit that does not leak carbonmonoxide and functions better. They also will be creating a better way for it to vent. Through the roof. But not through the chimney vent as before. Big job. They have other jobs to do by the end of the month. So I will be witout hot water for at least 3, but not more than 4 days. At least I hope it will not be longer than friday.

one of the plumbers is unbelievably sweet and care full. But one is not so much. Of course the boss who just checks in on the project is the more care full one. I did shreik once when the guy was emptying the hot water tank through the emergecy tube which empties into the garage. He quickly understood, from my reaction, that was a big mistake and hooked up a hose to the heater and emptied it into the shower drain. I tried to be very kind and caring to them. But that shriek could not be helped.

Anywy, the food thing was messed up today. I ate an extra protein meal mid day. Guess I needed that protein. But I also had more cocoa powder than usual. Which was already too much before today. I belong in OA but I could not handle the 12 steps. I am such a food addict

Thank you everyone

Last edited by flower123; 06-25-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 AM   #218  

Hey I guess I should have phrased my post different or better as its my grandson and my dd and her family that are coming for a visit. My grson is in the airforce and I have not seen him in over a year. I don't have a brother but do have 3 sisters rosey
Old 06-25-2014, 04:16 AM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hey I guess I should have phrased my post different or better as its my grandson and my dd and her family that are coming for a visit. My grson is in the airforce and I have not seen him in over a year. I don't have a brother but do have 3 sisters rosey
oops, you did write it perfectly clearly the first time. I did not read perfectly clearly. I hope you have a wonderful time seeing your grandson. Hope his leave is a long one.

Last edited by flower123; 06-25-2014 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. It's raining again. Supposed to rain for the next 3 days.
Today is weigh in day. Just as I thought I maintained. But I did have a 5 lb loss last week and I'm thinking it's going to take a couple weeks for my body to adjust. I ate the left over boiled crabs last night and I'm retaining fluid this morning so I could have had a loss. We will see next week.
This weekend my ds and his fiancé are serving in a wedding for their friends. We will be attending that wedding Saturday night. In October they are serving in another wedding. It's another classmate of ds's. Both of those couples will be in ds's wedding also. Last year they served in another class mates wedding. So 4 out of 5 of his closest friends will be married.
We are going to the camp Friday after work to try and finish the water well shed.
That should be fun in 95 degree temps.

Flower don't feel like a stranger. Just jump right in. I have always had a problem with messing up on my diet and thinking all is lost I just as well eat. Thru all this dieting I've learned all is not messed up. I just try and jump back on the next meal and go forward. I think to myself what size I would be if I never tried at all. So try to not best yourself up for messing up and get right back on tract.

Rosey I hope your cranky gets help soon. Have a wonderful time with your barbecue and seeing your family.

Deelou awesome!!!!! Congrats. I know you're happy and proud of all you're hard work as you should be!!!

I have to get to work. Be back later. Hi to all I missed!!
Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-25-2014, 09:32 AM   #221  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...

Rosey - has it been a year ALREADY??????? It seems like it was just a couple of weeks ago that we were all weeping about his departure! Enjoy enjoy, enjoy your visit! I continue hoping and praying he'll be safe and far, far away from the crazies.

Doing well, overall. I overdid it a bit yesterday, but I'll do more walking today to keep everything stretched. I certainly feel a thousand times better than I did before the surgery!! Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Have a good day, everyone! Later, lovelies.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #222  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Dh is fishing again to day. Wants to do all he can before the surgery. He is not doing well though ...if he catches one, it is marked so he can't keep it or he can't catch one....but at least he enjoys being outside trying. I slept in and have been really lazy so far. I was going to the the gym but doesn't look like I'll get there now and I have to get busy around here now.
Did a little better with my eating last night and my weight is down a bit this morning. I wish I could get through an evening without eating at all, I'm sure Id lose weight again if I did. My bs was high all day yesterday. I took my supplements and meds then at dinner time I realized I had not put my diabetes meds in the tray!! So I don't think I got them until dinner time so too late for the am ones but thank God, I noticed it then and took them then at least but I'm to take them twice a day. The trays are now filled correctly.
Doing these stupid things does not help my bs!!

Dh had an ultrasound yesterday and it was ok so we are praising God! He also had his pre-opt appt with his primary doctor and everything is a go for his eye surgery on Monday unless labs come back showing a problem. His labs have been good so don't expect that. One more appt this week for his colon with his new doctor and then we can just prepare ourselves for the surgery.
It seems like it's been one thing after another recently and I think I will feel that way until both of the last two things are fully taken care of and all is well again...his eye and colon.

Jess - So glad you feel better! It is wonderful what they can do now to help people!

Deelou - Congrats on the weight loss!! You are doing so well and will soon reach your goal!

Flower - I am a food addict too so I understand. We just have to keep working on the discipline and it is hard. My dh has no problem with this and can't understand so I'm glad I'm here among people who do.

Rosey - Glad you'll have time with your family and esp your gs!
Old 06-26-2014, 07:15 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Donna, glad your surgery is behind you and you are starting to get around a bit.

Dee, good job on the weight loss!

Cajun, congrats on your loss, too!

Mary, prayers for good results for DH.

DH is still having pain from his shingles and it's worse sometimes than at other times. He is more active now and said if he's busy it takes his mind off it. It will go away eventually, I think.

Today I am going for an echocardiogram. It is routine, due to my heart valves. I'm hoping they don't see any change. There is no change in the way I feel and the DR said if there's change I would feel fatigue and shortness of breath.

Next week I go for labs and I'm hoping to see an improvement in my A1c. It was 9.7 last time. Yikes!
Old 06-26-2014, 08:33 AM   #224  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Yipee, outside of house is all painted. Sorry I've been AWOL, but I'm busy. Congrats on the 150's Dee.

Donna...good to hear from you, glad you're not in so much pain.

I'll have to go back when I have more time to read everyone's news, accomplishment, etc.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #225  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Still raining here. I'm molding. It's gloomy.
Diet is going good. We are waiting on a price for the grooms cake but I think it's hoping to be over budget. I'm looking for another cake.
Nothing much to chat about today. We were invited to friends camp this weekend but we have a wedding to attend. Not sure our 4th July plans yet. Sure it will be camping and fishing.
Bobbi I know you are glad that's done. We painted the outside of mil's house last summer. Hot and hard work.
Carol sue I heard that shingles were very painful. My mil had them but they were very mild case. Lasted about 2 weeks.
Mary how's 1-1-1 going. Don't give up.
Donna glad that you are doing well.

Clothes are ready to go in the dryer. Gotta go.

Hugs
Cajun
Closed Thread