Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #106  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Cajun ~ is the 1-1-1 forum you mentioned here on 3 Fat Chicks, or on some other web site ~ how do we find it?
Old 05-16-2014, 12:02 AM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

So.......I just went back to day 1 of our May G.Girl's to catch up...I've been AWOL.
I wanted to see what Mary was eating and it doesn't look like a lot of food. How can you eat your protein, fat and carb in one breakfast shake? Aren't you still hungry?
I see I missed your Birthday Cajun...Sorry A very Happy belated Birthday to you. I see you're on the 1-1-1 program too. No full cups of rice for you.
I going to bed now, I'm all read out.

I'll be dreaming of one's, 1-1-1, One One One, stop already.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-16-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 AM   #108  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi...there is a list in the book, guess you found that, but that is NOT a list of food you have to eat. It is just a list of common goods/types of food divided into the three nutrients and giving the maximum servings sizes allowed. You don't have to eat those exact foods nor do you have to eat the max serv. How much you eat will depend on how much you need to fill up. I suggest you also eat a lot of veggies as that helps to fill you up. This is NOT a deprivation diet. I don't drink the beverage you mention because I am on this eating plan. I always drank it frequently for breakfast. I'm not that hungry at breakfast. I actually eat more not less on this diet! For lunch I eat a variety of foods...many not even on those lists and I try to always eat veggies. Same with dinner only I often eat more veggies. I used to never eat more than 1/3 cup rice, now if I want it, I do eat a whole cup. Even though the author says you don't have to count calories, I do like to track them for now most days, however recently I have not been doing that so much. I just eat my nutrients. Common sense tells me if I've had a huge but balanced lunch, my next meal should be a little lighter. The thing is with this plan, I eat whatever I want as long as I keep in balance. Tonight I ate at a Mexican restaurant, not the easiest to limit the carbs! I did go over by one carb and protein...the chips and a little meat but I just didn't eat many. So I do get off track now and then but it's easy to jump back on...at least for my meals....eve snacks are still my biggest problem but I'm eating less each night and try to keep it balanced. I'm just learning how to apply it to Mexican resturants!! Went in with a plan in mind, but didn't quite keep to it!

Since I can't eat always eat between meal snacks, I do get a little hungry, but not as much as I expected. And if you can eat the snacks, you probably won't be very hungry because you will be eating so often.

Glynne - I posted the FB address and the book explains it all. It is a VERY flexible eating plan. Now as Cajun said there is also a forum. Not many people yet but I'm sure it will grow. the author answers on her FB page and also I'm sure on the forum.

I've had a busy day and just winding down now, and saw your posts. We have to get up early tomorrow so I'll be going to bed soon.

Last edited by maryea; 05-16-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello girls. Packing to go to the camp. Just when I'm just about done we get a call from friends wanting is to go spend the weekend at Toledo bend. It's a huge lake that borders louisiana and Texas. So I guess we will go fish with them instead. Now I'm unpacking and repacking. Things that I need at the camp I don't need at their camp.
So I will be back Monday. Y'all have a good weekend ladies!!!!

Hugs cajun
Old 05-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #110  
Bobbi

One One One people...on the mid morning and mid afternoon snacks, you eat 1/2 the portions...right? 1/2 the protein and 1/2 the carb. I don't do snacks but if I have to, would toast and peanut butter fit? That would be easy, 1.5 teaspoon peanut butter, One slice low calorie bread, toasted? Do I still have to have a protein? Isn't peanut butter a protein and a fat? The book says peanut butter is a fat.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-16-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals: This afternoon is the start of a long weekend for us here in Canada, so I may not be checking in - I'm not lost though. I just finished my Occupational First Aid Level 1 course today (I forgot and had let it lapse - eep! Good thing I didn't need it for work these past few months). Glad that is over for another 3 years. Still trying to talk myself into doing more with the rhubarb, at least I cut some for mom & dad yesterday, but it barely makes a dent in the huge 'bushes' that need to be hacked at - I will have to take a picture & post it so you know what I'm talking about.

BUT, I don't want to cook all weekend - if the weather is fine dh & I may go for a hike tomorrow, if it's not so good we may hit the Falkland Stampede (95 yrs strong) for a little rodeo action. http://www.falklandstampede.ca/

It's featuring Northcott Rodeo stock contractor's "Get Smart" 2x Canadian Bucking Horse of the Year and a biggie at the US National Finals Rodeo in Vegas last winter. Should be good to watch...

3 days - so lots of choice...
TTFN
Liana
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #112  

Hi everyone Just got home about hr ago. we went to my grsons graduation in wassilla (north of anchorage) we drove up yesterday, went to the ceremony,stayed at dd's overnites and came home today. we took out grdd with us and 3 dogs. weather was really nice and was so proud of our tyler,he leaves Tuesday for new York were he will attend the culinary inst of America. he got a scholarship which will pay for most things and his job at starbucks is transferring him sohe already has a part time job.Im so excited for him,you teach them all they need to know and when they fly you are 1so proud but bittersweet as im really going to miss him. The trip back was long,and I ate a sandw that didn't agree with me so had to make many stops looking for a biffy,not easy up here. I was miserable. the 1 1 1 diet sounds interesting,im going to check it out. sweets and chocolate are my trigger foods too,and I get a nasty side affect from eating them. you would thing id learn that diet seems like it would work well for a bariatric diet person too. Im so glad to be home and so are my dogs.. we have to keep them blocked off at my dd's they don't want dogs on their carpet. it frustrates them,cant blame them tho as 2 of my dogs are paper trained at my house but not sure how they would be loose in their house.. anyways im rambling hoping your weekends fun and lo calorie rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (25.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (27.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (31.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #113  
Bobbi

'Wonderful pics Rosie, is that your daughter?
I'm starting the One One One on Monday, can't until then because of food shopping and wedding tomorrow. Plus I don't want to start until then.
I did print out the list of foods today, made a weekly template to check off all 3 catagories for the daily foods. Now I need to buy some walnuts or another kind of nut. I'm wondering about PB2, If I use that, how would I count it. Regular peanut butter with the oil in it is considered a fat. But PB2 has no fat, maybe I can use it as a protein? Who knows the answer to that question. Where does one teaspoon chia seeds come in, as a protein?
Old 05-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #114  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

Today my fourth grandchild graduates from High School, first granddaughter.She is headed to Nashville for college....we will miss her....I have planned for this day...the party, but may just keep going and not partake of that first sweett in three weeks. I have made it past friends chocolate cake surprised us at church, making brownies for my daughters last week of school and last night after I went to bed my daughter made a chocolate cake, I was afraid just smelling it would make me gain a pound but I was down this am!

Last edited by Deelou; 05-17-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #115  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - lovely pictures of your sweet Tyler! Your daughter sure looks like you! Mr. CP looks pretty happy. I've always liked your boy! And you're our happy Rosey, lookin' good!

Pretty day here... Had lunch with my SIL, did a wee, wee bit of shopping, and now I'm home where I belong! Technically, I don't have to do anything or go anyplace for the next two days. I'll enjoy!!

Hope you're all okay!! Later, lovelies!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #116  
Jacksonville, FL

Wonderful day.....ate no dessert...
Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #117  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Off to Sunday AM Zumba class! Old and crazy but having fun now that my body no longer screams out in pain due to weight issues.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #118  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi yu only cut the pro and grain (if yu eat it) in half for snacks. Rest is just same as meals. Look at nutrients of yur foods and use accordingly. I'm sure yu can use pb2 as a pro. Do yu prefer it to reg PB? I use reg PB usually and usually use as fat but sometimes even as pro. Yu don't have to use nuts, I just like them and they are easy way to add fat. Don't kno abt chia as been long time since looked at the nutrients. Yu have a lot of flexibility with this eating strategy just make sure yu keep in balance and only one serv each of the 3 and eat veggies. Yes PB is mainly fat but also has protein and carb. For the snack yu described the toast (1/2 sl) is yur carb, pb could be yur fat if yu want but yu still need a pro unless yu want to go by the stricter version. I might have a sl of bacon if I have it or a oz of deli meat on the side, but whatever yu like. Just eat what yu like in proper proportion. More likely id have the 1/2 sl bread for my carb, the PB for my protein (as much as I want upto 1/2 tablespoon) and a few nuts on side for fat. But that's just me, eat what yu like.

We r eating out a lot and I am learning to keep op and am still losing slowly and bs much better so I'm happy.

Sorry said it wrong and had to edit above to Bobbi. Hope makes sense now. On ipad and can't type so well...

Last edited by maryea; 05-18-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Edited to correct and add
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #119  
Bobbi

Mary...I never change my breakfast and don't know about almond milk. If I have a serving of fiber one- carb, 1 cup almond milk, 1 Tablespoon flax seed and 1 teaspoon chia seeds, is that too much? Guess it depends on how you count almond milk. I use the unsweetened kind only 30 calories per 8 oz.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, they admitted Tim into to hospital Friday night. When we got him to the hospital his heart rate was 150 and his temp was 103.2 and his BP was 94/56. They started pumping him full of 4 different antibiotics and IV fluids. By the time my brother and I left last night his temp was down to 99.7. I got home about 2:30am.Sure do appreciate my brother being so supportive in this with me. I don't know what I would do without my family being so close! I got(but missed) a call from Tim at 5:00am. He wanted to remind me to bring up his list of medications and also his medical directives and the power of attorney for me. But then MR. CRANKYPANTS took over and he was mean and nasty!! He was ready to leave the hospital right then. So needless to say I was in no hurry to get up to the hospital today. By the time I piddled around the house and got up here a little after noon he was in a better mood! Still not sure what caused it other than an infection of some kind. Now of all things they may end up transferring him back to the VA in KC. THIS DOESNT MAKE ME HAPPY!!!' They are checking now what to do. Just found out they can't do anything on that until Monday anyway so hopefully he will get to come home tomorrow.. WHEW!! What a night!!

Update Sunday afternoon: Just got a call from Tim. He just saw the Dr. and he has bacteria in his urine and they are trying to track that down so they can target the antibiotics. And he has blood clots in both legs. He will be in the hospital at least another 2 or 3 days
Closed Thread