Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Yesterday afternoon after we got off work we went to the camp to pick up sheets and freshen up the camp for our company this weekend. Good thing we did. Water all over the bathroom floor. We thought we had the toilet fixed but I guess not. Dh changed the inside stuff in the tank. Hopefully that is the problem. I didn't want to come home. Lol.
So this morning I'm washing sheets and blankets. We're going to walmart this afternoon to pick up groceries for the weekend. Packing too. I mailed out 7 graduation cards and 1 wedding card this morning. 300.00 total. Crazy. I have 1 baby gift left to get. Total I had 7 graduations 3 weddings and 1 baby gift. Phew. Hope that's all for awhile.
Bobbi yes it is me struggling to do 1-1-1. Nothing is deprived on this plan so why am I struggling.
Gotta switch clothes. Be back later.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 05-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Morning, gals: This morning I'm headed into town to get a bone density test at my local pharmacy for a donation to our local Women's Shelter.
It's been a little while since I had one, but things were above the norm last time so I'm hoping not much has changed. I'm also meeting up with the rest of our Citizen's Patrol to get our official group photo in front of City Hall. It's the one that will be used on all our brochures, website, advertising, etc. so I hope it turns out well.

I'm gonna see if I can drag a friend in to town with me and we can do all our errands together, then go for a powerwalk along the foreshore and enjoy the bird sanctuary and the sunshine.

Hope your day goes on plan, I'm trying to get my carb grams down below 150 again, I had a few days of 170+ and I'm feeling like it's taking its toll. I had weird cravings last night for Craisins (which are tucked away in the boot room and mainly used to put in our cereal occasionally.)

Liana
Old 05-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #153  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Breakfast:
Fiber One-Carb
Flax & Chia-Fat
Almond Milk-Protein

AM Snack: 1/2 Peanut Butter, Bacon & celery Roll- up
1/2 Flat out-Carb
PB2 (peanut butter)-Protein
1/2 strip crispy bacon-Fat
stick of celery-Free

Lunch:
Chicken breast (deli)-Protein
2 low calorie toast - Carb
Light Mayo-Fat
Loose Leaf Lettuce-Free

PM Snack: 1/2 Peanut Butter , Bacon & Celery Roll- up
1/2 Flat out-Carb
PB2 (peanut butter)-Protein
1/2 strip crispy bacon-Fat
stick of celery-Free

Supper:
Beef Hamburger- protein
1 Tablespoon ketcup-free
Light sesame hamb bun-Carb
1 Tablespoon butter -Fat
2 cups California Medley veggies-Free
Fried onions-free
1,080 calories & 44 grams fiber
Old 05-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #154  
Bobbi

Cajun...I think it would be hard to keep on any diet since you travel so much to your cabin. Why don't you just plant yourself there for the summer? If we light a camp fire, out comes the S'mores. Have you seen the thin square marshmellows they have out just for S'mores? Walmart has them. NO...I didn't buy them, just drooled over them.

Liana...150-170 grams of carbs is alot! On my menu today, mine was 62 grams. But we can only have one carb per meal so we're really restricted. You could try cutting back to one carb per meal and see how that works for you.

Mary...I'm not sure I can eat this way forever but it's nice to know how easy it is to take it off again if I start adding a few pounds. I normally don't wait until I've got 9 -10 pounds over my goal weight. But I just wasn't in the mood.

KarenMo...prayers still going your way.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #155  

Height: 5'3"

This is basically the way I ate I my younger years not perfectly of course but mostly. Even then id breakout and binge sometimes almost always on carbs . I just wish I could get my bs consistently down enough to allow me to feel comfortable having snacks.... it would then be perfect. Until then I am tempted to still eat in eve which drives up my bs and becomes a vicious circle. I am however eating less hypergylcemic snacks and keeping balance which is helping some but last night I forgot to take my meds!! Grrrr ....That sure didn't help!

I'm still amazed how easy it is to stay op even in restaurants ! At times tho I just do the best I can.
Today stupidly I ordered sweet n sour chicken then realized
I had carb and pro in that one dish! I also had rice, a small veg egg roll
And a cheese wonton!! So I gave the wonton to dh, ate the veggie egg roll... That still gave me TWO carbs but I rationalized they weren't completely carb
And I took the rice home and put it in my chicken rice soup for dinner tonight. In restaurants I don't think too much abt fat as restaurants usually use too much fat anyway. But I think that was the worst I've done I restaurant and it wasn't too bad. I also ate all the veggies I had (not a lot) and snagged some of dhs too.

Wannabe- the one plan does not say to eat a cup if rice! But yu can have up to that amount if yu want. That would be yur only carb in that meal regardless whether how much yu eat up to 1 cup. For example yu cannot end yur meal with fruit or any other dessert. This is not a diet.....it is an eating strategy.

Loved that survivor went back to final two again!
I liked several contestants this time but loved tony and felt he played the best game. Lots of changes this time!

Last edited by maryea; 05-22-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post

Liana...150-170 grams of carbs is alot! On my menu today, mine was 62 grams. But we can only have one carb per meal so we're really restricted. You could try cutting back to one carb per meal and see how that works for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Morning, gals: This morning I'm headed into town to get a bone density test at my local pharmacy for a donation to our local Women's Shelter.
It's been a little while since I had one, but things were above the norm last time so I'm hoping not much has changed. I'm also meeting up with the rest of our Citizen's Patrol to get our official group photo in front of City Hall. It's the one that will be used on all our brochures, website, advertising, etc. so I hope it turns out well.

I'm gonna see if I can drag a friend in to town with me and we can do all our errands together, then go for a powerwalk along the foreshore and enjoy the bird sanctuary and the sunshine.

Hope your day goes on plan, I'm trying to get my carb grams down below 150 again, I had a few days of 170+ and I'm feeling like it's taking its toll. I had weird cravings last night for Craisins (which are tucked away in the boot room and mainly used to put in our cereal occasionally.)

Liana
Hi Bobbi: I know 150 -170g carb seems like a lot, but not compared with what I used to eat before I got sick and couldn't do much for exercise anymore. I estimated I was eating around 3-400g carb/day regularly while still maintaining 132lbs and normal blood sugars, cholesterol, and triglycerides. So this has been a bit of a change for me, lol. So far today including 2 meals & 2 snacks I have eaten 42g carb - a lot lower than the past few days (for a reboot, lol). Just dinner to go & I'll probably have between 50 & 60 at this meal from what I have planned out. There's a max today of approx. 100g which is pretty low for my daily maintenance menu.

Here's the news I got back from my CUBA (Contact Ultrasound Bone Analyzer) bone density test today - ALL GOOD NEWS!! 108% for my age and even when compared with the average 20 yr old with my height & wt - I am above average bone density!! Not too shabby for a 50 year old. Only suggestion was that I should probably up my Vit D a bit as new studies show we need even more than previously thought.

I wasn't able to get ahold of my friend, so did the walking myself and had a lovely visit with dh after our photoshoot with the Citizens' Patrol when we all went for iced coffee and ice cappuccino at "Timmies." My dh weighed himself this morning and was shocked to find he had lost about 5 lbs since last weigh in, even though he finished a huge homemade blueberry pie all by himself these past few days and as he says, has been eating like crazy. He has been working like a maniac though, and he has a very active job toting 32 ft ladders, big 5 gal pails of water, up & down ladders all day in the heat. I bought him a raspberry muffin and put a caramel shot in his ice cap - he could use the calories, lol.

Liana
Old 05-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #157  
Jacksonville, FL

Back up...doing the same, must be my body adapting....it will not stop me......
Old 05-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
Back up...doing the same, must be my body adapting....it will not stop me......
Maybe you had something salty yesterday, Dee? Or do you still get TOM? Just a hope that it is water retention, or the big C (but you don't have to comment on that, lol)

Anyhow, keep on plan today, and I'm sure things will get better... you will at least feel *righteous*!

Liana
Old 05-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #159  
Bobbi

a small victory for me this morning...I helped my SIL price some antiques she's selling. She had a big plate of fresh baked sugar cookies with coffee waiting for me. I DID NOT EAT ANY.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #160  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I have changed the language I use to describe food. Food is real. It is recognisable from both its orgin and form. Tomatoes become sauce or juice, but in order to become ketchup it has way too many alterations added for me to consider putting it in my mouth.
I will never eat a cookie again. It is not a treat for me it is a poison. THere is no recognisable orgin of a food source when I look at a cookie. Everything used to create it has been altered beyond recognition. Hence it is not a food.
I am being sullen b/c my doctor who has not seen me in over a year, made no comment that I weigh 45 pounds less since she saw me last, only that my bmi is on the high normal range. I am not a happy camper! She weighed me w/ my clothes on so that is not the weight reflected in my profile

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 05-23-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #161  
Bobbi

Lucinda...your doctor is an idiot for not seeing your weight loss. Now if I can just remember real food is not mixed with other stuff like ketchup. But it's sooooo good.

I'm not recording my food today, I was away from home most of the day and I missed my AM snack and my PM snack. Nothing I can do about it. I did eat correctly. I didn't have time to cook supper so Bruce wanted 3 hot dogs and some potato chips. They were kettle chips, Jalapeno pepper flavored. I opened the bag, pour him a big bowl....than what? I stared at them a long time, thinking one wouldn't hurt me. My second victory today, I DIDN'T EAT ANY.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi you are doing good passing up on those goodies!

Lucinda, some doctors won't mention weight, up or down. They don't want to offend. As long as YOU know how well you have done, that's what matters.

Mary, if I ate a whole cup of rice at one meal my blood sugar would go through the roof! I rarely eat rice, but when I do it's mixed in with protein like in stuffed peppers. I guess a stuffed pepper would have all three...fat, protein and carb. Plus a veggie, the pepper.

When I make stuffed cabbage rolls, 1 cup of rice is for the whole recipe.

Hope everyone here in the US has a nice holiday weekend. The weather here is supposed to be beautiful!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-24-2014 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #163  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Bobbi

Hope it is a great day
Old 05-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #164  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Rosey

Have a wonderful day
Old 05-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #165  
Bobbi

Thank you Glynne.

Happy Birthday Rosie...I always remember your birthday because it's the same as mine.
Closed Thread