Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #226  
Jacksonville, FL

Yes I avoided the stress eating....even in Florida we get tired of gloomy weather...it has been sunny and nice for several days, and now gloomy again. But my daughter is home for 20th anniversary trip and we will have lunch tomorrow. Now if we could get our little rescue kitty out of the bedroom and trusting us I would be very happy.....next week my son from "up north" is coming for a vacation in the sun and we should have it for him! Happy mama when any of my chicks come home.....
Old 03-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #227  

Height: 5'3"

Today is again a beautiful sunny day...I think rain is coming soon. Our son helped dh last night to move the huge wood from the tree we took down. Dh had done all the "smaller" (none was really small), and expected to spend about three days on the huge pieces, but our son got them all done last night in a very short time. He is very strong. So that's one job off his list. Now needs to rent a chopper that can handle such big pieces. Ours will take care of the rest, in fact he has already chopped up quite a lot.

We got to the gym and had a fairly good workout. I say fairly because I didn't get to a couple machines. Spoke too fast about my weight remaining stable...it was up to 163 this morning. But so far I've done ok...LOL I've only had breakfast.

Luncinda - Oh life with husbands and esp teens! But I love your spirit! Even my grown children can make my head spin sometimes! I watched a video that got me singing and dancing around the house today to Dance Like David Danced! Once that song gets in my head it's there for at least the day!

bobbie - have you ever been to a website that didn't load properly and you refreshed or reloaded it in an attempt to get it to load right? You can do it by right clicking on your mouse and choosing reload. On a device like my iPad, it's done automatically and the page /site on your screen comes on then sorta flashes and comes on again. I don't know another way to describe it. Perhaps someone else can. Apparently the White Paper Kindle does it now and then but I don't know how often. Some people won't care, others will find it annoying. It would not necessarily be a deal breaker for me (I don't think...I'd have to try it out), afterall I still read on my iPad. On my iPad Kindle app it only does it when I start to read the first page. I don't like it but can tolerate it. But If it happened too often it would be annoying to me. Do you have Best Buy in your area? If so, go in and ask them to allow you to try a White Paper Kindle to see how it works and how often it refreshes. Some stores will do that. The refreshing is not a defect...I guess it is just the way it works. Some people don't mind, others might. Thanks for the granola recipe. ETA: BTW, Bobbie, you can buy the White Paper and other Kindles for the same price in Best Buy.

Karen31- Continuing to pray for you and Tim.

Last edited by maryea; 03-24-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. Dh and I had a wonderful time. The cabin was nice. It overlooked a big lake. The balcony had a table and chairs we sat at and ate. The sun was sparkling on the water. The geese and ducks were swimming around. They told us where an eagle nest was and got it see a chick. The mom was flying over the lake and was absolutely beautiful and very large. Dh and I rode around the 5 mile loop road around the lake and saw huge herds of deer and wild hogs and lots of babies. We fish on the dock in front of our cabin. The flower garden and waterfalls were so pretty. Not all the flowers were in bloom yet. I guess because of our hard and late winter.
We sat on the deck and shared cake wine and looked at our pictures. We exchanged cards ( no gifts to each other because we are in the process of building a cypress queen bed and frame for our guest room.) I got to put dh's ring back on his finger. It fit perfect and is right where it belongs. We got back at 330 and unloaded and went to ds house for supper. This morning I saved our things and it's back to normal (working) today. Early this morning our ds's stopped at our house to pick up a few foods for them to cook while they are working there. They were supposed to be gone a month but they are getting pulled off of this job after next week to go on a different job.
It's turned chilly again. Showers again. I'm so ready for spring.

Be back later.
Hugs cajun
Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #229  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Cajun - so happy your weekend went as you'd hoped! Your description sounded idyllic!

Off to get ready for work! 40 more days!!!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #230  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

It is a beautiful sun shiny day today. A little bit chilly, but it is supposed to warm up later.

It was a pretty nice day yesterday ~ Maddie was pleasant and we had a nice afternoon. Got to visit with DD Sara (Maddie's mom) for a few minutes. She brought over a sample of a crockpot meal she had cooked. She is finding the crockpot invaluable lately for having a meal all ready when she gets home from work. Maybe only a little prep left to do. Poor Corbin (grandson 16) comes home from school and is smelling that delicious food and has to wait for Mom to get home ~ LOL.

DS Jason will be stopping by today for some help from Dad with his taxes. So, I'll get a hug in

I have been having such a struggle lately ~ eating right and exercising. I know what I need to do, but lack discipline and consistence. The eating which I thought would be my hardest thing, actually turns out to be easier sometimes than the exercise. Anyway, today I did something silly, but maybe not so silly. I walked back and forth across the living room while a TV show was on for 15 minutes. Maybe it seems silly, but that is 15 minutes less that I was sitting on my rear end. Another 15 minutes, and I will have a half hour in. Probably not very impressive, but something is better than nothing.

I got my subscribed threads cleared out Donna. Thank you for the help you gave me for how to do that. So, now I have that birthday thread where I can find it. I saved some of the threads to go back and look at. It was kind of neat ~ a trip down memory lane. Seeing names of people on threads I used to write on when I first started here (2000). Some of them are actually still around. Some sadly were here for a while, then kind of disappeared. And kind of interesting to read some of my stuff from a while back ~ sort of like looking back at a diary. Reading my ups and downs, my times when I was doing well, and then times when I had to start all over again. I wonder if I will ever lick this thing, or if it will be a life long struggle.

Almost time to call Mom. So, I will get off here. Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 03-25-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good morning! The doctor called with my lab results. The thyroid was good, but my A1c was terrible. It was 9.7. Any diabetics here know that is definately bad. I am to track my FBS and postpradial until I see him on Friday. I tried to get it down on my own but it just wouldn't budge. He has a couple meds in mind to suggest, and I hope it's a cheap one! My co-pay is really high on brand meds.

Cajun - Your trip sounds wonderful. Relaxing and romantic, putting that ring back on his finger!

Lucinda, I believe that all movement is exercise. It's better than being sedentary. I heard that "Sitting is the new smoking."

Donna, I agree with the article you posted, but my cardiologist will always tell me to watch my sat fat. I think starchy carbs stress the body and cause inflammation. I take a statin, but when I started taking fish oil capsules and exercising my cholesterol dropped even more.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #232  

Good morning all. I was supposed to start the new diet healthy food plan 1-1-1 but I wasn't ready yet. I made some food plans and snack plans. Found my ounces scale. So today I'm ready. I started this morning. Planning to go to the store and pick up snack bags and measure some foods out to make to easier for me. I'm feeling very optimistic this morning.

Mary tam do y'all have any snack combos I could put together. I'm not sure where peanut butter comes in at. Do y'all know?
Carol sue. Thanks. It was a very special weekend.
Gayle I've trotted fast thru my house many times for exercise doing things that I don't want anybody seeing me do. Looking silly. Oh we'll better than nothing at all. Exercise is my downfall. I hate to sweat. Maybe lil maddie is getting out of the sassy stage. Kids go thru so many stages.
Donna our weekend was everything I hoped it would be. But I knew it would be. I married the best man in the world besides my dad(deceased).
Bobbi what is keeping you so busy?
Rosie how's the craft room coming?
K3 where are you? Mia. Come back. Need some yelling at.
Hi to all I missed.
K31 praying for y'all.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #233  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! We just got home from the gym. I did only 1/2 mile+ on the track but then when I got to the only available bike it didn't work. Had to get help...and the second time I just gave it up. Managed to get in another few min on another bike but not sure how much I got altogether. I also did the hand bike 6 min and one weight machine.

We have a service person coming to fix one of our security alarm sensors that is not working. Not sure whether that in some way caused the wierd happening a few nights ago or not, but will ask him about that too.

I did well on my eating yesterday and my weight immediately dropped down that one pound it had jumped up. The only thing I am doing (on purpose at least) that is off the 1-1-1 eating plan is I am snacking in the evening still but did well yesterday at keeping it within calorie and carb limit as well as balanced acccording to 1-1-1.

Cajun - I like apple (carb), pb (fat) and some kind of protein...often cheese or milk or yogurt for me but could be anything that is protein you like. Celery with pb and some protein. I also use nuts a lot for fat. I eat no more than a 1/2 serv of grain and protein for a snack. When I'm at the mall (2-3 times mo) I get a child size ice cream cone! It has protein, carb and fat in one. and I throw away a little of the cone to make it smaller but really there are very few calories in the cone itself. Your weekend sounds lovely...so glad you enjoyed it.

Wannabe - Hope you can get your bs down. Are you currently taking meds for it? This 1-1-1 eating strategy is really helping me. The doctor wanted me to go on an injectable med and I refused as wanted to keep trying. I was sure it was just my eating in my case and I was right because now it is getting so much better. Of course sometimes it is not the eating, it is the disease progressing.

Glynne - As long as you are moving, it's gotta help.

Last edited by maryea; 03-25-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #234  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I ordered the Kindle White Paper from Amazon, they gave me a deal if I returned my kindle fire to them, they gave me a free postage return label . I have some books unread on my kindle fire so they said to finish the books and gave me 30 days until I have to return it. (That is if I can get it to charge) My kindle fire is 3 years old and the charger was shorting out inside the kindle, that's why I was looking for a new one.

Last Sunday morning DH was listening to a christian radio program. They were giving away 4 Gaither CD's and two tickets to the concert they're putting on in Minneapolis area. 2nd caller to win, Bruce was the second caller and won the tickets and CD's . Yipee, I can't wait.

Cajun...what am I busy with? Ha ha...everything. I have a problem with sitting, ants in my pants.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-25-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #235  

Mary the ice cream is where I get confused. Or a cake or anything mixed up. According to what I understand. Cake cookie ice cream is a carb and you still have to add the fat and protein. I'm very confused. HELP!!!!
Cajun
Old 03-25-2014, 05:32 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We are back at the lodge and I didn't run over anybody. The Dr. that did the endoscopy said the opening that he needed to go through was smaller than the end of the scope so he wasn't able to get all the way into the lower intestine. But he said the cancer has expanded but is very operable. Which he was able to tell from the CT scan. He called Tim's Dr immediately so everything is set to meet with the surgeon on Thursday Will still meet with his Dr on the morning and they will determine if they still want to start the chemo before the surgery. Tim says he would rather wait until after the surgery
Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post

Wannabe - Hope you can get your bs down. Are you currently taking meds for it? This 1-1-1 eating strategy is really helping me. The doctor wanted me to go on an injectable med and I refused as wanted to keep trying. I was sure it was just my eating in my case and I was right because now it is getting so much better. Of course sometimes it is not the eating, it is the disease progressing.

Mary, I am on Metformin, but since he increased my dose several months ago I have been getting nausea and vomiting, so I have not been taking as much as he prescribed. I know I should have told him, but I didn't. Also, I have been eating wrong and not exercising. In the past few days I have cleaned up my diet and eliminated a lot of carbs I shouldn't have been eating. I'm back to exercising every day so that should help. But I think I definately need my meds adjusted, which we will discuss on Friday. This is my own doing, I know.

I have been reading how the 1-1-1 diet is helping you. You seem to be very good at sticking with a program. I will be looking into it to see if it is something I could do. First I want to get these meds straightened out.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
We are back at the lodge and I didn't run over anybody. The Dr. that did the endoscopy said the opening that he needed to go through was smaller than the end of the scope so he wasn't able to get all the way into the lower intestine. But he said the cancer has expanded but is very operable. Which he was able to tell from the CT scan. He called Tim's Dr immediately so everything is set to meet with the surgeon on Thursday Will still meet with his Dr on the morning and they will determine if they still want to start the chemo before the surgery. Tim says he would rather wait until after the surgery
Hi Karen,

Thinking about you and Tim & sending my prayers and best wishes.

Lynn
Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks Lynn, it has been a busy day of waiting. But at least things are moving forward
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #240  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good Wednesday Morning! I am busy getting my house and my head ready for Passover. It is a big deal holiday here. Old friends, whom we have not socialized with for over a year, called the house lastnight. I knew they were hoping to be invited to our home for holiday dinner. So of course I did. DH was not too pleased when I told him. He wanted to be informed first. So he was all moody last night. Usually dh's mood swings are my excuse to binge. But last night I left the house and went to a ZUMBA class instead! Yes I was the oldest chick in the class. BUt I had fun and I did not punish myself for not being a perfect wife by shoving food in my face. I exercised my self denigration away!
Closed Thread