Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

We are home! There were 8 inches of snow in Branson, we got to see the Andy Williams Christmas show on Thursday night but then after that everything was closed! The malls, all the shows, the Christmas Lights on the Trails, everything. Even the restaurants all except Dennys so we ate there twice. But since our show the second night (The Haygoods) was cancelled we got a gift card for Red Losbster. We'll take advantage of it here in the next couple weeks. They would have rescheduled but we were coming home today. Roads were Ok, icy in spots, coming home. but we did fine! Got a nice pot of coffee made and sitting here on my couch in front of the fireplace and so glad to be home!!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #47  

Height: 5'3"

Karen3 - I sure hope you are right about 2014 being better. 2013 has been rough for me physically and in that way not a good start into my 70s, but it still was a good year...God is always with me and helps me through plus I have had many many special blessings this year and I try to focus on them. Last night was again very difficult with my back and continues today but I am doing what I can and resting often. Taking Motrin plus dh gave me a back rub and that helped a bit. Now and then I lay on the floor as that is what PT said to do when it flares up. I still do my other PT exercise too. She also recommends ice but it is so cold already I hate to do that. But today I set out a few decorations. Still have the nativity scene to put out but it will wait a while. The house is dirty but it too will wait a while. At least my weight is so far staying below my sig.

Rosey - Thanks for the hug...I needed it.

Delmarva - Welcome to the group! Sorry about your truck...but I think in life we get some chocolate and some truck bills...just the way it is. Hopefully it evens out or the chocolate is a little more. I know despite my pain, diabetes and constant dieting, I still sneak in a little chocolate or caramel every now and then.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just a ps...The oysters were marvelous. I only tasted the baked potato and didn't have homemade key lime pie! BUT the best thing was pulling in the driveway and seeing my Moravian (advent) Star lite on the front porch. It is now the Christmas season for me. k3
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #49  
living in the moment

S/C/G: 100kg/81.2kg/58kg

Height: 158cm

Default hi, girls

hello i'm new here, is it ok to join you?

i've been reading your posts and i also feel like a grinch with no xmas things done at all so far! and here you are, running around, doing things! and we don't even have thanksgiving!

except i have bought 2 presents, budgeted, and chosen 2 other presents from a catalogue - who knows if they will still be there or not????
i could ring i suppose. mmm might have tea instead LOL

my name is michele. i'm from oz. i'm 55. i'm on the optifast VLCD weight loss program. i've lost 14.5 kilo's so far.

i am recovering from serious illness.

i am married with grown up children, no grandchildren or even hope of them yet.

we have dogs and we love them to bits.

that's all about me. oh, i'm a teacher. retired early due to illness.

nice to meet y'all . greetings from oz, too! :-)
Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #50  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Saraphin - another Aussie! We had a lovely Aussie member for a while, a while back... Please stay around and let us get to know you. We're always interested in learning new stuff!

Nothing much going on here. COLD.

KarenFL - I finished the last of the Maisie Dobbs books that the local library had available, and I'm going to start the books by, yes!, Miss Read. I think they're going to be fun, and I'll let you know!

See the surgeon on Monday. In my mind, at least, I have everything organized, and I'm hoping for the surgery in January. I'll want and need some attention, Goldens, when it happens!!

Stay warm! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 12-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #51  
living in the moment

Default colorado sounds like a song...

in oz the sun is shining, so i'm out there. jess we will be here for you when you have surgery, don't worry. i have had about 20 op's inculding 2 x neuro-surgery, so i understand. bfn, love saraphin
xxx

Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #52  

okay...Saraphin...you have done me in...I have been humming an old old hymn all day and can't complete it....hmmmm "saraphin and cheraphin falling down before Him, God in three persons blissed trinity" That's it all I can remember, but over and over and over again.....back 55+ years to Moravian Seminary......k3
Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #53  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

K3 ~ forgive me for chiming in ~ I know you asked Saraphin, but when you told part of that hymn, it started bugging me too that I couldn't remember it. Googled it ~ it is Holy, Holy, Holy.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in pow’r, in love, and purity.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #54  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Good day. Got the place straightened up. It gets kind of messy during the week when Maddie is here. So, on the weekend, straighten it up ~ ready for the next week, then we start all over again. It is fun though.

Got the shopping (groceries) and other errands done.

Had a little fun. Today was DS Jason's birthday (36 years ~ how did that happen?) Had already gotten him something before, but wanted to get him a little something for today ~ his day. So took him a gift bag ~ couldn't wait to see the look on his face. It was potato salad. That has been kind of a fun thing between us. He loves potato salad, and I joke with him ~ trying to lure him in for a visit with the promise of potato salad. So, the look on his face when he looked in that bag was priceless.

Got to hug on Maddie and she wanted me to come to her room and see a surprise. Her dad had brought a bird (that usually stays at his house) over to spend the weekend in her room. It is a green parrot kind of bird. It's name is Kiwi.

Got to hug on Sara. Offered to wrap what ever Christmas gifts she needs wrapping. She doesn't particularly like doing that and I like doing it ~ so that works out good for both of us.

Got to hug on Corbin too. He had gotten the leg of his jeans caught in the chain of his bike and asked if I could fix them. So, I had him change and let me take the jeans home instead of coming back another day. He was happy with the job I did on the last pair that suffered the same fate, so that is cool.

About time for bed now.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 12-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #55  

Thank you Gayle....I can hear us singing that often in morning chapel....long ago. I graduated in 1958. k3
Old 12-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #56  
living in the moment

i was born in '58. i'm saraphin from dr who. :-)

Last edited by saraphin; 12-08-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: sp.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #57  
living in the moment

the highest-ranking angels of god - saraphin
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. It's 33 degrees and raining this morning at the camp. The rain falling on the tin roof sounds lovely. No hunting for this momma this morning. I'm thinking we will go to church at 9 and the pack up and head home. Dh killed a wild hog Friday afternoon and he has to cut thst up and freeze it. I'm thinking I need to get presents wrapped. It's supposed to rain all day. Did I tell y'all I froze on my deer stand yesterday evening. For nothing. I didn't see ant deer. Dh stayed at the camp and cooked.

Gotta go. Dh is bringing me coffee in bed. So sweet. That man spoils me. Lovin it!! Lol

Hugs
Cajun
Old 12-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #59  

Height: 5'3"

I am better...got a good sleep last night. Dh gave me 3 back rubs yesterday one right before I went to sleep and they helped. But I didn't go to church as still coughing and my back still hurts. Hopefully it will be all gone soon. Didn't feel like eating anything here at home so dh got a pizza again. It's one of the few things I've been able to eat. Most things just don't taste good. I lost 3.8# this week and I'm back down to my sig weight actually .6# lower, so I consider .6# my actual weight loss. So praying I don't come out of this with a huge hunger...as want to maintain what I've lost and lose more of course.

Good to hear you are all in the singing mood! I love that song too and all the Christmas songs but my very favorite is Oh Holy Night. The lyrics in those old songs are so meaningful and just make ones heart soar in praise! I suppose the singing was inspired by you, Saraphin, so thank you! and a big welcome to our little group!

I'm about to lay down for a nap. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #60  
living in the moment

hi gg's thanx for the well wishes.

i think that is a lovely song. esp. the part about the sea and the sky…

i am waiting for tomorrow morning to weigh. last week i was 85.4 kilo's, that's 187 pounds. my sw was 100 kilo's, or 220 pounds. my gw is 58 kilo's or 127.6 pounds.

bfn
Closed Thread