25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • Stagnent but not discouraged
    No weight loss this week. But I am determined to do better. Marian
  • Hi everybody! Here's my Saturday Weigh-In:

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    1/25 = 221.4
  • Deelou: I have the same problem. My weight seems to have shot up, and when moaning about it in the gym to one of the trainers I was told it's normal for a few weeks as your body adjusts to new amounts of activity. He told me to stay off the scales and get a tape measure. Apparently, you can get inch loss without weightloss. I'm going to give it a try...
  • Good weight loss, AAD

Teati - you can do it!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week...stay focused and the weight will come off!
  • Yippee Renee!!! That's terrific. You did great this week. Keep up the good work. We are finally doing this right.

Deelou-hang in there. There are a lot of people who like MyFitnessPal and it works for them. One of my good friends enjoys using it. However, I tried it and didn't care for it. I found it to be misleading at times, but then that was for my use. Try adding a different exercise on your two other days of the week. It doesn't have to be strenuous, if your low on energy. See if that gives you any different results. Also, did you take a look at "Reboot with Joe"? I have family members who are doing wonderful on it. Just another option you may consider. By the way, I still bring your name up daily as promised, and will continue to do so.

Marian-good attitude! Don't let one week's results get you down. Your body may just be preparing for the next big phase in weight loss. You didn't budge, and that is better than gaining some weight back for sure. I bet next week you will see some results. Don't give up yet.

AAD-good job! You are off to a good start. Keep on track. You can do it.
  • It is the thyroid issue, my doctor says that is why it is so hard for me to lose...even with doing everything "right" and after several years of this I should just learn, he told me to lower my cals but I am just too hungry at less than 1000 a day and the fatigue is bad enough anyway even though it is getting better with new meds. I am just trying to eat well and as low as I can without becoming too tired...
  • A Prayer for Strength to Succeed

Lord, I come to You today to ask for affirmation. I have done all things and stayed away from all the food I am not supposed to have. Bless me, Father, for more strength to keep it this way.

Give me the grace to be stronger and encourage me to keep pushing on. With you, my God, nothing is impossible. I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Thank you, Father for listening to my plea. I pray this with all Your angels. Amen.

- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.....2pbs5SRy.dpuf
  • Deelou: just managing not to put weight on with a thyroid problem is pretty amazing. Actually losing weight probably counts as epic.
  • Deelou-I think Applesprinkles stated it perfectly!
  • Thanks gals...good to see many are moving downward toward their goal...
  • A Prayer to Resist the Cravings

Today I pray to You to grant me the strength to stay away from anything that is unhealthy - alcohol, junk food, carbohydrates and mycotoxins.

I pray that this will help me lose the weight I have gained. Help me stay focused on being healthy and fit, dear God. I believe that I can do all things through Christ, your Son, who truly strengthens me.

May this enable me to steer away from all the unhealthy choices that I face each day. I pray that this strength will keep me focused on disciplining my body and do my workouts religiously. I pray that anything I do, eat or drink only be for Your greater glory.

I pray for a support group to push me towards the finish line. I ask for all these in this prayer, O Lord. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

- See more at: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.....viY3szev.dpuf
  • Thanks Corinna, perfect timing for that wonderful prayer. I'm going to face some temptations today, but I will remember your prayer. Have a great day!
  • Looking at my daily food, I think I have discovered another food weakness I have. I eat too much bread. I eat the all natural seedy type bread, but I eat at least one roll a day. I probably should cut back on bread type foods. This would probably help me to lose a bit more weight. However, it is something that satisfies my cravings. Ugh, I will have to figure out how to handles this one.
  • Just wondering what others substitute breads with in their meals.....guess it is just best not to eat it.
  • Here in the states you can get reduced calorie bread. It's a bit thin. but taste pretty good. I like whole grain or oatmeal bread. Going out for sushi for lunch.....love it!