Old 12-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #121  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello Marie and Tera,

I did 30 minutes on the bike this evening. Nice mild weather ~ a tiny bit chilly, but not too bad. I enjoy riding after dark and seeing those Christmas lights. So, I had better take advantage of that while they are up ~ soon they will be gone until next Christmas.

Got the two packages I needed to get mailed sent today. Tonight and tomorrow ~ finish the Christmas cards. I haven't sent them out for a few years ~ always would think I was gonna, but then would run out of steam, and before I knew it ~ another holiday season had flown by and I didn't get them sent again. Without a job this year, I really wanted to get it done. Sadly, I have lost touch with some of my friends due to my bad procrastination habit. Got everything I needed to wrap done. Now waiting for Sara to bring me what ever stuff she needs to be wrapped. I enjoy wrapping, so I'm glad to help her.

Hope you both are doing well.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #122  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Tera and Gayle, I'm still with you. Work has been insane and this past weekend I went skiing at Tahoe. Clearly riding my bike and ellipticalling didn't prepare my quads for full out skiing. I need to add squats since skiing is just a day of squats.

Gayle great job on the biking. DH and I did Christmas cards last night. A pain but it's pretty much done. With the cards I made photo collage cards DH will pick up. Along with stamps.

Tera, starting Jan 1 we will do the pres challenge together. Gayle, will you join us?

Ellipticalling and iPad typing is wearing me out here. So I'll quit typing here. 8 min elliptical left.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #123  
Want to feel better

Hi Marie and Tera,

I'm glad the weather has been a little less cold. It has helped me to not fight with myself and go for my bike ride. Got a 30 minute ride in tonight and enjoyed the Christmas lights again.

The day zoomed right by and I didn't get to the things I had hoped to get done. So, I have things lined up for tomorrow already.

What does the presidential fitness thing entail Marie? I think a few years back ~ Lynn (ladyinweighting) did it.

Hope you both are doing well.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 12-17-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #124  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I'm in the exercise groove and finishing off the goodness with eating. Ah, I wish food wasn't so tasty. Glad I'm not emotional at the moment or I'd probably eat non-stop. I elliptical led yesterday (and typed here) and today I rode my bike on the fluid trainer. I can't imagine how fat I'd be if I didn't exercise daily.

Gayle the president's challenge is here. Just sign up and log your exercise. I'll figure out how to set up a group and that way we can log our "points" together. It could be sort of fun to do it together. I'm doing it for work so I'll already be adding my minutes of exercise. It's just another challenge.

Tera, I hope all is well.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 12-18-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #125  
Want to feel better

30 minutes of bike riding today.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #126  
Lifelong Journey Member

Another so so eating day, although I did reduce some of the treats. I did drink lots more water today instead of tea and soda. I did have a good elliptical workout.

DH and I are going back to Tahoe tomorrow to ski this weekend. So I'll probably be missing for a few days.
Marie
Old 12-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #127  
Want to feel better

Hi Marie and Tera,

30 minute bike ride today.

Have fun skiing Marie.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I am still here-just not being good weight-wise these days. I keep eating "party" cals everyday and I only made the Y once this week. However, it is a busy time of year, loaded with extra chores so it is just the way it has to be. There will be plenty of time to get back on track soon. In the meantime, I try not to go too far with the extra calories.

Gayle-I like your new avatar. Cute. Biking while enjoying the lights sounds delightful.

Marie-You are doing great with the exercise. Good for the heart and soul.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #129  
Want to feel better

Hello Marie and Tera,

I'm here too Tera, but kind of hit or miss with the eating and exercise. Not gonna get all stressed about it. Not going out of my way to make bad choices, but they happen. It maybe is not as much of a problem as it used to be ~ I don’t seem to be able to eat the quantities like I used to or stuff myself full of sweets ~ I end up not feeling so good. Why did it take me my whole life to listen to my body? I think I bound and gagged it and didn’t listen to it all those years ~ LOL.

Like you Tera ~ I'll buckle down after the holidays.

Have a nice weekend the both of you.

Last edited by glynne; 12-21-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #130  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning Tera and Gayle. Sill here and plan to do some holiday baking today at my daughters house. The plan had been to ski but the conditions were not great yesterday and I took a nasty fall. There was about a 1.5" diameter trunk of a pine tree poking through the snow (top chopped off) and it caught one of my skis and I tumbled nastily. There was no way to gracefully fall with the way it grabbed my ski. Anyway, I strained the left side of my chest and shoulders. The thought was I might have broken a rib and or clavicle but I'd say not since it fellas so so this morning as opposed to sharp pain whenever I tried to breathe yesterday. And being the ski bum I am, I did stay and ski the rest of the day. We did find a nice run that wasn't as bad condition wise and I ski fluidly so the jarring while skiing was minimal. Getting off the chairlifts had been painful. Anyway, DH and DD won't let me go back today so holiday baking it is.

Gayle it's good that you're listing to your body and not eating as much garbage food. I do that about a third of the time. I need to bump that up to 90 percent of the time.

Tera, just keep the diet in the back of your mind and the post holiday fix won't be so hard. Now I need to take my own words to heart.

Marie
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #131  

todays cals-2265, exerc-strength training at the y. I am so happy to have actually exercised today. Unfortunately, I also ate a bunch of cookies. It is going to take some effort to wean myself off the wheat and sugar again. One day at a time.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 AM   #132  
Want to feel better

Hello Marie and Tera,

I haven't been doing a very good job of behaving. Eating some of the right things, and some things I shouldn't be. So, not 100% bad. I guess that is better than being totally bad. Like you said Tera ~ I'll take it one day at a time.

I haven't been bike riding either. I have been staying busy at home though ~ getting some things accomplished and not just sitting in the chair all day, so there is that.

Tera ~ good for you getting in the exercise at the "Y"

Marie ~ how are your sore places? Glad you were not badly hurt.

Only 5 more days of this horrible year. Hoping and praying that 2014 will be a better one for everyone who has had not such a great year.

Last edited by glynne; 12-27-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #133  

Still eating way (weigh) too much. Ugh. I DID make the Y today though. I am off to a bowl game tomorrow. More party-hardy. Yikes.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #134  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, I'm back and I'm going to be on track. No. Matter. What. I think I've gained a zillion pounds and unless I put an end to the nonsense eating, I will be heavier than when I started years ago. So far today I'm doing well. 1400-1500 cals will be my range. I'm at just a hair over 1000 so far so day 1 of getting back into control is good. I got 30 minutes of exercise in but it was ugly. The chest muscle/rib injury is so painful. I'd bound my chest to try the elliptical (no arms of course) and the limited jarring way too much. I made it 15 minutes of an easy resistance before I decided it wasn't possible today. So I finished another 15 minutes on the treadmill, walking slowly with no jarring. Tomorrow will be easier as I'll ride my bike on the fluid trainer. No jarring with that. I just can't get the heart rate out because deep breaths are painful. I figure if I really listen to what my body is saying about moving, I'll be able to not lose too much fitness. I've lost so much with the out of control consumption of yummiest that I can't lose anymore.

Gayle and Tera, we can do this together. Keep moving (preferably away from the kitchen).
Marie
Old 12-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #135  
Want to feel better

Hi Marie and Tera,

Only one more day to go of this horrible awful year. I am having my own little New Years Eve celebration. I told my husband I was having a little New Years Party ~ we are not social people/partiers, so he looked puzzled and asked who was coming. I said no one ~ I am just having my own little celebration to usher out and cheer on the demise of 2013 with great glee.

I am having a little food I like. I think I did a good job of trying to plan so I wouldn't do too much damage. Got one of those little personal pizzas, a single serving size bag of fritoes and dip, and a single serving size ice cream. In this way, I can control the portions. I have no desire for any kind of drinks ~ maybe a pepsi (sounds like it would go good with the pizza) ~ LOL.

I like your comment Marie ~ keep moving ~ away from the kitchen.