Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #226  

Diitto Ditto Ditto, my day isnot complete till i talk to all of you ttfn be back later rosey
Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #227  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hello GG
I just found you'all a month ago & it would b sooo sad to say goodbye now. Sooo TY to our 'sweetie pie Bobbi' for starting our April thread
Ok, church & Easter dinner r tomorrow but I've acted like a kid the last 2 wks & ate whatever looked yummy It was worse than Valentines Day, Halloween & Christmas for me w eating sooo much candy. My jeans r tight again On the Happy side, allll this week its back into the 40*s in Michigan & 50*s this weekend after a crazzzzy winter/spring w snow.

Mary, I've had a Oster blender for yrs & it still works great I also have a Kitchenaid food processor & big stand-mixer, 2 stick blenders & a slushee machine Makes cooking easy & safer than my knife sets. TY for telling us about your smoking oven, I laughed seeing U run to open the windows, it happened to me too.

Bobbi, we used our income tax & did a kitchen remodel, upgrading my 8' kitchen island & side countertops (brown w aqua) & sink, faucet set to sell our home this summer. Doing it now lets us enjoy it prior to being sold hopefully within 4 months of going on the market; we have 20 acres w 16 wooded. When we buy a home, if it needs a kitchen remodel I want to have the 'old rockin-roll' 50's colors for accents: of brown & aqua or pink & brown in my kitchen. I'm in my 50's & was a teenager in the 1970's, but "I really love the time era of the 40's & 50's" w that 'music & clothes & innocence & respect'. I love those black & white musicals & comedies & dramas.

After getting my 15" pink Dell laptop (windows 7) 4 yrs ago we both stopped using our desktop pc. We got the 10" Kindle Fire tablet for Valentines Day & use it as much as the laptop pc, so comfortable to sit on sofa, kitchen table, bed, etc using them instead of @ the desk using our other pc. Amazon has tons of free books & borrow from the library & games to download for the Kindle & I put it in my purse when I grocery shop, checking my recipes @ the store. At Wal-Mart the cashier looks @ store ads on my Kindle to give me matching 'sale prices', from Kroger, WalGreen, etc. My dh wants the small, color 6" Kindle Fire to take w him to read (westerns, Bible, etc) & use the internet, instead of his smart-phone. The Kindle battery goes low after 10 hrs use, so we plug then in every night, like we do our laptop pc. I'm typing this on my Kindle in our car right now on our way to buy celery for stuffing tomorrow. Technology is so handy.

Deelee, it's time for u & dh to have a dinner date & a spa day for yourself. What about another family member giving taking turns w U to give U a week off from caregiving w your mom?? or Alternate weeks w U being on-call w mom??? Your mom wants/needs U to b happy also Time for your dh to give U some EXTRA tender-loving care & appreciate your qualities.

Everyone here have a wonderful Easter weekend

Last edited by miniDoodles; 03-30-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Have to keep this thread going. I have to run - going to play bridge with another couple. But I would die without you ladies. Just having a nervous break down. I will make a good long post soon. I'm dying to "talk" to you ladies. I've had to lose myself in "Upstairs Downstairs" and um, a little wine some nights to escape the reality of my life. Some good things. Things getting better with sone and fiance. We are going to her mother's for Easter. Don't leave me! hugs!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #229  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ thank you for being willing to start the April thread so we can stick together. I said it before, but want to say it again ~ I feel like everyone else and want to continue. With the GG's ~ I finally found my home on 3FC.

I started 3FC in 2000. Where has the time gone? And I have been coming here pretty much every day since then.

I started with the 100 lb club group ~ someone welcomed me and invited me to join that thread and that is where I spent my time for the first 7 years. But I reached a point where I didn't feel like I fit in there very well. I started to not spend as much time here, but that made me feel sad ~ it had become a part of my life. It seemed like there were more younger people in that group. They were nice enough, but one time I made the comment how much I loved 3FC and that I would probably still be coming here when I had to use my walker to get to the computer. Nobody thought that was funny ~ probably being younger they couldn't fathom/identify with that thought. Anyway, I wandered around and came across the Golden Girls and they welcomed me with open arms and I've been with them ever since.

So, even if we get busy and don't post so much ~ I hope we can keep going ~ don't want to be homeless
Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #230  
MaryGee

Maryea -- I laughed at your smoke detector story - several years ago when we first moved into our new house, the smoke detector would go off almost everytime I used my oven. I figured if I relocated it, it wouldn't go off, but I didn't know where I should put it. On Easter Sunday it went off, so I called the fire department because I wanted them to take a look at my house and tell me where to place it. When I called the guy said he'd come by and look at it. Ten minutes later this huge fire truck come down the street and half a dozen firemen in full gear got out of the truck -- one with an axe in hand! I guess there was a miscommunication!!

My DD and GD came by unexpectedly today -- hadn't seen them for a few weeks so it was a pleasant surprise -- they're coming over tomorrow for dinner. Wish she lived a little closer so I could see her more often -- I don't drive as much anymore - and don't drive at night at all unless it's absolutely necessary. Some days I really miss the days when I was young and carefree.

Hope everyone has a nice Easter!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #231  

Hi everyone I'm back i finally finished my cards,i have 3 gallon size zip bags full. all assorted and home made. they are for the friend ship mission at church. my dd and family are coming for dinner after church.hope you all a blessed easter rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
1 egg,hashbrowns,slice of ham

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine,salad fixings add your own lettuce
asian chix very yummy
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Sorry ladies for not posting lately but it has been because I have truly been working out so much!!! I have been doing my own "30 day shred". I cant figure out how to move my shamrock on my ticker yet (though I have tried) but I am down 4#....which isn't a lot but yesterday my daughter who I haven't seen in a couple of weeks said "You look like your getting smaller" YES!!! Its paying off!
I have been watching what I eat but the weight is coming off because I have started back to the gym and go pretty faithfully. Today they are closed for Easter or else I'd be there right now.....after my morning coffee I am going for my 3 mile walk/jog. The weather is pretty good here this am...suppose to get o 52 today.
Hope all is well with everyone and you all are enjoying Easter!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Easter to everyone! Everyone have a Blessed Day! He Is Risen!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #234  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Easter, Everyone!

I hope you all have a great holiday.... and Shar, I'm IMPRESSED!

Last edited by jess1; 03-31-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Easter everyone....sitting here sipping SF FF latte and feeling good! We took a ride out to the beach and it was so crowded with out of staters! By sundown whosh they will all be gone.

Remembering when the kids were little every Easter taking azalea plants to their great grandmothers and with in 2 weeks great grandpa would have killed the plant we gave them. He planted with love and a forkful of manure! My kids grew up with so many grandparents. Full set of grands and few great grands. My GS had 13 living grands and I was the youngest. He calls me Old Grandma because he called me grandma first????? Can't argue with kid logic.

Cheated last night, but was a planned cheat. Made Strombolis with pizza dough from Publix. It was so good. I have always said if you are gonna cheat do it right and and enjoy. OMG did I enjoy!

Rosey...If those cards you made are as nice as the one you sent me...WOW! I have mine framed and hanging next to my desk.

Donna...Did all that snow disappear all ready?

Having veal parm, pea salad and deviled eggs for dinner. Just have to do the veal since I got everything else done yesterday. Priced lamb and beef at the store and can't believe the prices. Veal cutlets were on sale and DH's favorite. I should do some egg plant parm while I have the mess going, but may be too lazy. Besides I don't even like it. Easy way to stay on plan.

Hi to everyone....Have a happy peaceful holiday...k3

:b unny2:
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all-
On way to DS's fiance's parents house for Easter. Wish me luck - that I don't stick my big fat foot in my mouth! Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!
Hugs to all!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #237  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Easter to all my internet friends. I only had to make two lemon pies for our get together with family. Only my two brothers/wives were there along with our daughter and two grandsons. I have one sister who doesn't like dogs and claims to be alergic to them, they never join us. My other sister lost her middle daughter in January and wasn't up to celebrating. Her daughter Terri had a heart attack and died at the age of 46. But we had a fantastic dinner and their Sheltie dog was great entertainment.
I posted the April thread and will close this one after I post.
See ya all tomorrow on the spring thread.

K3...you're so funny! You're welcome.
Closed Thread