Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

OH MY GOD!

Ouch, ouch, ouch and Oh OUCH!
Previously in my blog I had told you about signing up for the “Challenge” that the local rec center is putting on from January 1st to April 30th.

Well today was their kick off party and fitness sampler schedule. It started at 9 am and I'm thinking NO Problem, I'll head over, check out all the sampler classes that they are featuring and then head home.

So I'm one of the first ones there and as I wait in the first sample class and watch each new person come in, I'm thinking “crap”, sorry for the language, anyway as the people are coming in, they are all in pretty good shape and look like they have been working out all their lives. Most of them are younger then me, but then again some of them are older, but still as skinny as a rail.... I am for sure the biggest person in these classes....at this realization I start to panic....you know that feeling you get in your gut like little butterflies and when your brain kicks into overdrive telling you to escape...(notice I said escape and not run, I can't run) HA

But I swallow down the lump in my throat and take a few deep breaths and decide to stick it out and see how it goes.

I found out that each sampler class would be between 15 and 20 minutes, so not so bad, until I saw the list of how many classes there were.

Here is what I did today in this order: Started out with a class they call 20/20/20, it's a lot of things all rolled up into one class. I did pretty good in this one, but could have been due to the fact that it was the first one of the day. Next Class was called Triple Threat, um-mm, this one seemed to be a tad harder for me. Third one was call Body Pump, you use hand weights and a bar weight for this one. Let's just say by tomorrow I won't be able to lift my arm to brush my hair. Next was a class called TKB, which I have no idea what it stands for, but you need to be somewhat coordinated, which I'm not. So I ended up laughing at myself a lot, which got others around me laughing. Next class was a low impact Aerobics class and I enjoyed this one. Then came Body Combat which I can tell you, if anyone gets in your way, they will get hurt.
Then it was Zumba, which I don't like...comes back to that not coordinated part of me. And the last sample class was Yoga, which is when all my muscles started to tighten up and hurt....especially my lower back.

I was never so happy to fall into my truck and just sit there and not move. I finally got home at noon, walking like I am 100 year old and can't move. Now sitting with ice bags, frozen peas and corn on my back and taking lots of ibuprofen to get me through the next few hours. I hurt in places that I did not know I could hurt.

This getting healthy is a pain...literally!

If you don't hear from me again, I have expired.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #47  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

One day down ~ two more to go.

Got the online part of the CPR thing done. I had trouble with it and was about ready to pitch the computer out the window. It wasn't the computer's fault, but the program. It was kind of like playing a video game ~ which I have never been good at. You had to click on different things to make the little people do what they had to do to revive the person. The instructions, I felt weren't very clear. I went through the thing about 20 or more times ~ I lost count and could not pass the thing. I called the education department and asked what was I to do if I couldn't pass that part ~ you have to bring a certificate you print on your computer to the hands on class and I had only that day to work on it and feared that at the rate I was going, I probably wouldn't have it done by Tuesday. She rescheduled my hands on class and said they would help me there. I took a break and tried again after a while ~ I finally figured out how to work the thing and after a couple tries, finally got it. Yippee. I was able to finish the rest of it, but oh my what a stressful experience that was.

Rhonda ~ maybe those thin people at the thing you went to today didn't start out that way. And maybe they had just had more practice. You gotta start somewhere. Keep working on it ~ maybe a little at a time. Hope you don't ache too badly.

Bobbi ~ enjoy your clean house. Do you think these people were interested?

Karen (MO) ~ are you feeling any better?

Donna ~ are you having a nice weekend?

Isabella ~ glad you checked in ~ how exciting ~ the new grandbabies on the way.

Hello to Diana, Kathy, T2BF4L and Carol Sue.

I know I've probably missed some of you ~ forgive me. Starting to get sleepy.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 01-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Good Evening all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Dogpaws: girl, I hurt just reading your post! poor baby, go easy tomorrow and take some tylenol tonight.

In the midst of taking down most of the Christmas decorations today, I took my daughter and her friend to a birthday party. So different than the boys were at 14yrs old, and a lot grumpier. This is my 2nd rodeo--my boys are 26 and soon to be 25. I can't believe it is the 2nd half of the school year already.

My daughter and I are very excited for next week because dance classes start again for the semester. She does tap and Jazz, and I tap in an adult class once a week. We have a blast and some days it is more therapy than serious dancing. It's great exercise too. I am not the best, but it is a lot of fun.

Getting late, so I am off to bed. Have a great Sunday!

Kathy
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #49  

Gayle, I hated those CPR online things. They never seemed to work right, but you know what's worse? The ACLS online. YUCK! Takes forever to do online. I am sympathizing with you.

Kathy
Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hi
Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Back ya' Karen!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #52  

Good morning!

Happy Epiphany, 12th day of Christmas, Sunday. Missing the decorations, but I still have some linens/towels etc to wash before the last box gets put up.

DH and I have been trying to find out where this very strange noise is coming from near the kitchen window: sounds like a bawling calf. I think something got loosened when they were painting the window frames, and it's the wind whistling between the brick and the metal shutters. DD thinks it's cute, she has had this thing for cows since she was a baby!

Going out to see what progress has been made on the new house. Had 8 days of no progress with all of the recent rain, and needed a tow truck to get out the truck that got stuck delivering the cinder block, plus the holidays. I'll be happy to see some work going on.

Looking for some good books. Anybody else a reader? Anything good that you have read lately?

See you all later!

Kathy
Old 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #53  

Kathy, I don't know what your taste is but I love reading Amish fiction by Beverly Lewis, and historical fiction by Janette Oke, and Christian author Jan Karon (the Mitford series).

Annie in Texas

Last edited by Tabbycat; 01-06-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #54  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Kathy ~ I bumped a thread about favorite books back to the top ~ the ladies had a lot of suggestions of books they had enjoyed. Maybe there will be something there that you would like.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #55  

Thanks, Gayle, i'll keep a look out for that thread.

Annie, I love Janette Okes series about the Holy Land. I gave it to my Mom to read and she loved it too. I will look out for Jan Karon. I have a wide interest for reading. So I look for whatever interest me. As soon as I think of the author, I have something you might like to read.

Had a good weekend, on a roll ( I hope) so thanks for all of your great support.

I have noticed that this site works somewhat differently on my iPad. Hmm, wonder why.

Kathy
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #56  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls...it's a lovely 30 degress this morning, a heat wave.

Gayle...thanks for bumping up the book site, I'd totally forgotten about it.

Carol Sue...I used to use the "I can't believe it's not butter" all the time. I've been trying to eat chemical free and that has stuff in it I don't want. I googled it after you suggested it and it's not that healthy to eat. They stated 3 spreads that were better for you, but have calories. I settled for Smart Balance light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 50 % less fat and calories. ( I haven't tried it yet) I'm still not sure if I want to spend 50 calories per tablespoon but veggies need it sometimes.

Kathy ...love the Janette Okes books but don't do the library anymore. My DD gave me a kindle fire last year and I'm too tight to order books I have to pay for. I just download the free books and there's plenty to choose from. I'm a mystery book lover more than anything.

Annie...do you watch the tv series about the Amish that stray from home? I haven't yet but see it advertised.

Rhonda...I got tired just reading about your exercises, I'm known around here as the "I HATE TO EXERCISE" person. Please exercise a little longer each day to make up for me.
Hi back at ya K3 and Karen!

We're looking at another house at one today, and I forget who asked if the last couple were interested, Gayle? Yes, but they couldn't get a loan for that much. Dang!
Later gators.
Hi to Lynn and Isabella and anyone else.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-07-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - For a daily spread, I use Smart Balance Heart Right Light. It's hard to find in our area in the "light" version, but the WalMart that opened in the past year carries it. I checked out my spray and it's not ICBINB. The one I am currently using is Parkay Spray. I looked at the ingredients label and will admit there are a couple words I can't pronounce and never saw before, but if they are chemicals, I don't think I'm getting very much of them in a spray or two. But I understand your concern....it's always better to have real butter and know what you're getting. To be honest, I don't think it's my use of butter or not that is causing my weight problem. LOL It's the foods I'm eating with it.

Rhonda - I'm wondering how you're feeling, a couple days AFTER your workout. That's usually when the real pain hits you! Just remember, that pain is because you moved muscles you haven't been using lately. It will get easier in time.

Kathy - I read constantly, but I buy/trade used books and don't pay much attention to who wrote it or when. Some of the ones I've read recently are 10 years old or so, but if I never read them, they are new to me. I did read Gone Girl, recommended by someone here and I really liked it! I also get e-books from the library on my e-reader and they are more recent books. Only problem is, there is usually a long waiting list for them, so I read my used paperbacks in between.

Karen3 - How are you feeling? Does it seem that your recent surgery did the trick?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default 2013...I'm back!

Hi Friends,

I'm back. So much happened in 2012 that I got totally sucked into other stuff. BUT it is 2013, and I am BACK!!

To catch you up, my 12 year old son has had a very rough year. He has autism (though very high functioning) and Alopecia; last spring he had some horrible stuff done to him, which was overwhelming to our family; then in October, right before we left on vacation, he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. He is now, and will be for the rest of his life insulin dependent. This means at least 4 blood glucose checks a day (finger sticks) and 4 shots of insulin. He has not adapted well, and we are still working on acceptance.

Although I was "gone" I did not gain tons of weight back since my last sojourn here. I'm up 4 pounds. But I've begun anew this morning, even tracking my calories on MyPlate again. I cannot wait to be under 200!! So I have a clear goal to help me be motivated. 33 pounds to reach that goal. Hopefully by my birthday the end of June. I CAN DO THIS!!

I've also gotten a job working as a Children's Ministry Coordinator at a Church in Madisonville, TN. LOVING it and loving the kids. They bring such sunshine into my life, and it feels so good to be making a difference!

I'll hope to read about what has happened in your life. Also hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! (or Happy Holidays if you celebrate something else)

Last edited by Change4Life; 01-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldies,
I'm back from my 2 weeks vacation. 9 lbs heavier. I didn't want to change my ticker but I had to admit my backslide. Today I'm trying to get back on tract. I ate everything that was in front of me. Mostly sweets. Hopefully I can do this.

Welcome to all the new goldies!!!

I have a ton of laundry to do and unpacking. I will try and do personals next time. I started this post this morning and it's already lunch. So far so good on my eating.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 206/171.5/140

Height: 5'2

Default Hello...a newbie!

Hello! I am Celia and very new to the site. currently on Medifast, but will be coming off at the end of the month. It works, but is too cost prohibitive until hubby is employed again. Recently relocated to care for my mom and hubby gave up his job to come with me.

I previously lost 160-175lbs with gastric bypass surgery and over the span of almost 20 years found the weight creeping back up. Began this journey at 206 and currently at 171.5. I set my goal for 140, but would like to hit 130 for a better cushion. I am only 5.1 and a half and don't want to be at the high end of the chart for my height. Suffering through fibromyalgia, so activities can be limited at times, but pray that as I lose the weight it will be easier as less painful to be more active.

I love to collect cookbooks and try making recipes healthier. I also enjoy jigsaw puzzles, word games and old b&w movies from the 30-40's.

Looking forward to learning more about the site and from the posts of others trying and working towards better health and weight loss.

The best to all...Celia
Closed Thread