Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Not much time, I really want to try to get to bed early tonight, but…. I was reading all the posts, & just have to comment on some of them!

First of all, Gayle, your youngest DD sounds exactly like my DSD! The feeling entitled, & the lying, & the treating me like I’m stupid, etc., etc. It’s hard to believe someone as nice as you would have a daughter like that! I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with that, I sure know what that’s like!

Zoe, I just have to say Yay! on your FOURTEEN POUNDS deleted! WTG! And, like Rie asked, what are you wearing to the wedding? Have you decided?

Thanks Rie! I just love shopping, & finding bargains! I wish I could do your clothes shopping for you, because I sure don’t need to buy any more for me.

Lynn, glad you weathered the storm safely. Hope you’re not without power for too long.

Mary, hope you got your shopping done, & that DH’s eye continues to improve.

Hi! to all you other GGs!

OK, been here long enough. Bedtime! Oh, here’s a pic of another of my 50¢ outfits (for the blouse & pants - I already had the hat & accessories).
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new clothes 011.jpg (38.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello--- Gosh it was a nice day! We ate at that little mexican restaurant here in town after church. Both my brothers and my Aunt were with us so it was very enjoyable. My little sister was going to but ended up having a pot luck at her church today. After we got home I decided to spend the afternoon in the pool. SURPRISE!! No, I was thinking with us leaving the end of next month we will be closing it up in another 2 or 3 weeks. I don't like to leave it open when we are going to be out of town. So need to spend as much time as I can out there for the next few weeks. If the weather cooperates. Need to get some extras done before making the trip also but I think it will all work out.

Rie, Thanks, I did find that Walk it Out and I think I will probably order it too. Even though I still have the Zumba for the wii that I haven't even opened yet! I put on another pound this last week so the one I lost-- I found! I think it must be something in the air-- I haven't been falling asleep very early around here either.. The other night it was 4:30 am before I went to sleep-- and was in bed by 10:30. Sometimes I just can't shut the brain off even though the body is tired.

Zoe, have you decided on your wedding outfit that you are going to wear? Congratulations on losing those 14 pounds!! You are going to look fabulous! I have been watching an hoping that I hadn't missed pics of it. Did you have any effects from Irene? Sure hope everyone stayed safe.

Karen-- did Irene leave you all alone? It seems like it lost a lot of its ooomph which was a good thing. How are you feeling?

Mary, How is your DH eyes now? Did you say he has another appointment? I think I would be wanting them to check it out realy good and keep up with the follow ups.

Donna, how is your Headache? Is it more allergy time out there again? I can remember I would get hit again about this time when we lived out there. The Front Page is a catalog returns store. So things that people have bought and for some reason or another bring back to the store. The Front Page buys them up and sells them pretty reasonable. We have one here in our town and another one over in Joplin. I don't know if they are anywhere else-- but going to go and check them out!

Hello Koala-- good to hear from you.

Gayle, hope you had a great Sunday.

Bobbi, good to hear from you. You sound like you are busy all the time. I'm kind of looking forward to making some soups, chili and stews for the Fall. I LOVE my Crockpot!!

Lynn, glad to know that you are OK too. Have you got your electricity back yet?

Well, think I'm going to close this for now-- Hello to everyone I missed. Have a good night

Last edited by Karen31; 08-28-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #363  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Computer has been aggravating today ~ seems like I lose the connection every little bit.

Nancy ~ the things I told about my DD were more so when she was in highschool and college. She is maybe a little better now (could she finally be growing up at 30?) Except the mean comment she made about her brother was just last year. I know that they are two totally different people, but he isn't mean to her ~ so I feel bad that she makes mean comments about him. Oh well. Thankfully she doesn't live around here so he doesn't have to endure her attitude in person. It is hurtful to him though that she sort of doesn't act like he even exists.

And the same to you Nancy ~ I'm sorry that you had to endure "her" this summer ~ someone as nice as you shoudn't have been treated that way.

Like your outfit Nancy ~ you put together a nice one ~ very nice. I love the hats on you.

Last edited by glynne; 08-28-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #364  

Love that outfit Nancy! You look great!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #365  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

I worked the weekend and, as usual, there are so many posts to read. I said before, but it merits repeating, I'm so glad that we have such an active group. It seems almost like I can feel fall in the air. Cool morning and evening, warm days. Such perfect weather. I've been waiting on you all summer!

Mary, Happy to hear that your DH's eyes are getting better. Such a worry.

Lynn, I hope that you get your power restored soon. Did you have any other problems.

Gayle, It seems that most of us have family problems. It's sad, but sometimes there is little we can do about it. Hopefully, DD will grow up and change for the better.

Rie, Tea keeps you awake and coffee doesn't? I am exactally the opposite. I do drink a lot of coffee. Love tea too. I like some of the herbal but plain ole tea is fine too. I really enjoy Lady Grey. A little milder than Earl Grey.

Donna, I hope you are feeling more rested. Did your weekend go well? Hope you perked up enough to have some fun.

Z, Like everyone else, I'm anxiously waiting to see what you've decided to wear to the wedding. I guess we'll just have to wait and look at wedding pictures. I like the idea of individual servings of desserts too. I do that often. makes it a little easier and I hate going back for seconds! 12 lb.? How awsome! I KNEW you could do it.

Nancy, Cute outfit. You look well in coral. I love it and can't wear it at all

Bobbi, Good to see you. I hope you are feeling better. You've had a rough summer.

Karen, I hope you have a good trip. You're going to miss that pool when you close it up.

I have a story about flood weather also. We lived on the side of the river that didn't flood. So when we got storms all the people that lived on the other side, that flooded, ended up at our house. I remember waking up and going to the bathroom and finding someone sleeping in the bathtub. It happend so often that I got to the point that I didn't even wake up when they started coming in.

Lots to do today. Mostly non-fun stuff, like laundry and cleaning. I have to get my hair cut and get a pedicure this week, sometime, too. Hope all of you make the time to have fun,

Freda
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #366  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Freda ~ I feel bad that so many have family problems, but at the same time it is sort of comforting ~ to know that I am not alone. Jen (the DD I spoke of) always was embarassed by us and our family. Like she wanted it to be the perfect family ~ I don't think that exists ~ or at least not very often. She would never or rarely bring her friends home from school. Sad, but oh well.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I got my electric back in the middle of the night. The only casualty is my Nook. I will take it to B&N today and see if they can fix.

Lynn
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #368  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi Ladies. I'm just keepin' on, keepin' on.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

I was up early and worked out this morning. I enjoyed an apple with a little peanut butter for breakfast. I have such a busy week ahead of me that I am torn with anticipation and a little dread. I have a couple important meetings, a political fundraisning event on Wednesday, my pool league awards ceremony, my fantasy football draft Thursday night, and I need to get everything sorted, packed and loaded so I can head for the mountains and camping for the weekend.

I am going to head off and I well be back later for personals.

Have a Great Day!

Rie
Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Hello All

My DIL text'd me that Lane Bryant has a huge sale on jeans. She also had an e-coupon for me. I paid 24.99 for the jeans that usually cost me almost $60. I am in their smallest size and I just don't know what I will do. I have a large tummy with a small (comparatively) rear and thighs. Pants just don't fit me. But LB has this fitting system that really works for me. Oh well, hopefully if I lose some more weight the belly will go and then I can find pants. It's like trying to fit a size 14/16 belly and 10/12 butt and legs. I think I am going to take my current pants to a seamstress for altering. DIL was kidding me that I shouldn't wear them any more when we were on vaca. I do have one pair from old navy so hopefully it will get better. As a young woman, I only wore mens jeans so maybe I am headed back that way

Rie
Rie, I never bought Lane Bryant jeans, but I have the same problem as you do. My waist is a size larger than my hips and butt. I have a terrible time buying pants. When I amazingly find something that fits, I buy several pairs. I am at the point now where I am a little too small for women's sizes but still a little big for misses. Unfortunately, I was built like this even when I was a lot thinner. I am at the point where I'm considering trying one of those waist thinning garments, like Spanx.

Carol
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #371  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Hi ladies, I am 63 and a widow. My husband died two years ago. I have healed enough to start taking care of myself again and you folks look great to me. I need to lose about 30 pounds and I am going on a cruise in November to the Bahamas. I would love to chat and get/give support to people who have lived long enough not to be judgemental. Jane
Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #372  

Welcome Jane!! Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Sorry about the loss of our hubby but glad that you have chosen us to go on this journey with. I think you will be pretty happy with our group here. We look forward to hearing more about you.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #373  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Thanks so much for the welcome Karen. At first I didn't see my post, guess I didn't scroll down far enough. I did well on slim fast today. I have to take my wolfhound Murphy for a walk twice a day, which forces me to exercise every day. I also bowl. What do you do for exercise. Are you on a special diet?

Last edited by grammygal; 08-29-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jane!

I am just stopping by for a quick post and to say welcome. This is a terrific group of women and you will find support here. Sorry about your loss. I am glad that you are taking steps to care for yourself.

Be Back Later!
Rie
Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #375  

Hi Jane, I like using slimfast too. That is what I have used and has worked best for me. I sometimes try to make a change but always come back to slimfast. But I use the powder and mix it with fat free milk. I like the Chocolate Royale and also the French Vaniilla. Most of the time I like to put the vanilla in a blender with the milk and a cup of strawberries. YUMMY!! When I'm really on track I do the Wii Fit---I have a Zumba for the wii but haven't opened it yet. Decided that I would use that as a reward and now it still sets. And Rie, has told me about another one that I think I will try to get----Walk it out for the wii. Did real good through the Winter months with the wii but then summer came and had more fun in the pool. Plus been on a couple little vacations and that really knocked me off track. So hard to climb back on that wagon!! Now we are getting ready for a little trip to Colorado the end of next month. Just really need to buckle down!! But it will all come together again soon-----I hope!!

Glad to have more furbabies to love here!! We love sharing pictures so will look forward to seeing some of Murphy.

Come back and post often. There is lots of support here and I think you will find it just doesn't stop at weightloss. We cover just about everything. I think that is what makes this group so wonderful!!
Closed Thread