3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~February Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/224154-%7E%7Efebruary-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 01-30-2011 08:49 AM

~~February Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us

There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? How about the 60 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Laffalot 01-30-2011 05:07 PM

:) Hi all - I'm still here with you. This is the best site. And I feel that I am getting a whole whack of new friends! That's a bonus for sure. I know it is still Jan. but who cares........I'm so glad this site continues. :yay: If you all want to see a good movie go see "The King's Speech"; it is amazing. I can see where it has been getting all kinds of nominations. And it is one that you could take your kids too............no wild sex & language is pretty good too. Good to see a good movie with a good story. :dance: TTYL.

TankiniPotential55 01-30-2011 08:38 PM

The hardest part about being a February baby was pronouncing the month--getting that first 'R' in was a doozer for me! Now that I've had 5 decades of practice, however, it just rolls off the tongue...

Laffalot, I too loved 'The King's Speech'. So many good lines...amazing acting by all (Helena Bonham Carter is an amazing actress--did you see her in 'Room With A View'? Simply great.

the slim me 01-31-2011 10:53 AM

Good Morning Golden Girls,

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile, I've been working. I do miss posting on here and reading how every one is doing. I work long hours and don't have access to the "net" when I work (wouldn't have time to check it any way). I've been doing well. Didn't even over do on the days I worked, and those days are a problem. I'm so stressed when I get home I want to eat for stress relief. Doesn't wor, but that is a normal tendance for me. Even realizing it, I tend to reach for that first. We got a pretty big snow Friday night but the roads weren't too bad Saturday morning. But we're expecting another BIG snow tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to work again Untill Friday.

Z, Prayers for your sisters family, and you too. I know she will be so relieved to have you there. Hard thing to have to go through by yourself.

Rosie, OHH,,,sorry you got burned! I hope it's healing well and you're feeling ok.

Laughalot, We do feel like friends here and Glad you joined us. You can never have too many friends. Thanks for the review on "the Kngs Speach". I don't get to the movies often (except kids movies) and wouldn't want to waste my time, and money, on a so-so movie.

Donna, That is MY chili recipe! Except for the chilies. And I can see that the addition would be an added flavor. I'll have to add them in the next time I make chili. Which is pretty often in the winter time. I like things that last awhile and I can skip a day cooking.

Who posted the zucchini pancakes? Thanks, sounds so good. I will definateally try them.

Thinkingpotential55, I'm glad you found us. Looking forward to getting to know you. Great bunch of people here!

My mondays after working the weekend are always hectic (I call it ketch-up day) so I'll talk to everyone later. I did read all the posts (so many, we're such an active groups, thank goodness)

Everyone have a blessed day,

Freda

glynne 01-31-2011 01:10 PM

Jane closed the Januray thread, so I moved my post here.

Good morning all,

Yea ~ days off and the sun is shining. Monday ~ but is my Sat/Sun like a long weekend.

We got a different cell phone and so now during my breaks at work, I can keep up with your posts and don't get so far behind.

Bobbi ~ sorry your headache came back. Glad they are lessening in frequency though.

Zoe ~ so sorry about your nephew. I can only imagine what your sister must be going through. Thoughts and prayers for you all Safe travels.

Lynn ~ glad you are feeling better.

NCNancy ~ enjoy your reading

Mary ~ Where is Indio? Enjoy your travels

Karen MO ~ your cabbage soup sounds yummy ~ good in this cold weather.

Rosey ~ hope your burns are getting better.

Karen FL ~ your idea of the little fork is good. I was already doing the small plate thing. The little spoon is a good idea too ~ could have little bites and savor something and really enjoy it ~ make it last.

Donna ~ that chili recipe sounds yummy.

Laffalot ~ glad you are enjoying it here

Freda ~ glad your on your days off ~ rest up now

Guess I'd better get off and get some stuff done. Hello to those I missed this time around.

Be back later.

Take care

jess1 01-31-2011 01:31 PM

Good Morning, All....
Happy February!! It's snowing outside!! I don't think we'll get anything like what you poor, put-upon, sacrificial folks are getting this year, but it's something (and we need it so much!)! It is very BRRRR, though, only 9 degrees!

TankiniPotential55, please give us something shorter to call you! And welcome!!

Freda, we've missed you! Glad you're okay and are just working too hard.

PT/Zoe, thinking of you and your trek to Asheville....

Rosey, hope your burns are healing! Bobbi, hope your headache goes away... (certainly, that's tattooed on my withered bosom... doubt you me??? ♥ ♥)

Nothing going on today... hope I can stay inside where it's warm and where I belong! Everyone..... warm, dry, and SAFE!

maryea 01-31-2011 03:49 PM

Tankini- I too am a February baby....an old one:D You're right about the spelling but when I learned it I never forgot...how to pronounce it and how to write it. Funny how the things that were the hardest to learn are often the things that stick with us because we have really worked at them...and of course, esp our birthday month!

Glynn - Indio is in south cal, not too far from Palm Springs. I really like it here...didn't used to like Indio but it has changed a lot since we started snowbirding. So much cleaner and more shopping. We will be here another week then we go on to Yuma...well actually we will be parked in Winterhaven, CA but it's right across the border from Yuma. I'm afraid it may be very windy and dusty there as it often is and I'm hearing it is from people we meet who have been there recently...hoping it will be better by the time we get there. We have been rocked to sleep many a night there. LOL

We walked 30 min today. My dh is trying to increase his walking time. For those who may not know (seems like lots of new people!), he broke his leg last June. He has done very well...almost back to normal but still trying to increase his strength. At home we go to the gym, here we walk. We really enjoy our walks. Today we found an RVer who cuts hair so my dh went back later and got a haircut.

I sat outside a couple times reading..the first time was great...I had to make myself come in and clean house, but later I tried again and it was too breezy for comfort. But of course it's sunny and no rain, and we keep the door open and I feel much closer to the outdoors when RVing.

Lunch time so will stop for now. Have a good day.

ladyinweighting 01-31-2011 05:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

On my way to my volunteer “job,” I hit HEAVY traffic on the PA tpke.

Learned that I can come home via the tpke, but need to go back roads in the morning.

Zoe, my fingers are crossed for you and DH to have a safe trip to NC.

Bobbi, Yes, the stomach problem saved me at the scale on Sunday. I am wondering if for the sake of the team, we would be better off not posting our weight if we gain. Is that cheating?

Lynn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laffalot (Post 3684446)
:) Hi all - I'm still here with you. This is the best site. And I feel that I am getting a whole whack of new friends! That's a bonus for sure. I know it is still Jan. but who cares........I'm so glad this site continues. :yay: If you all want to see a good movie go see "The King's Speech"; it is amazing. I can see where it has been getting all kinds of nominations. And it is one that you could take your kids too............no wild sex & language is pretty good too. Good to see a good movie with a good story. :dance: TTYL.

Hi LAL,
This site is filled with GREAT women. I am closer to my GG sisters than to some (many?) of my relatives. So glad you found us.
Yes – I LOVED The King’s Speech – no violence, no nudity, and no car chases. What a treat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankiniPotential55 (Post 3684778)
The hardest part about being a February baby was pronouncing the month--getting that first 'R' in was a doozer for me! Now that I've had 5 decades of practice, however, it just rolls off the tongue...

Laffalot, I too loved 'The King's Speech'. So many good lines...amazing acting by all (Helena Bonham Carter is an amazing actress--did you see her in 'Room With A View'? Simply great.

Hi TP,
Yes Helena Bonham Carter is one of my favorite actresses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the slim me (Post 3685712)
Good Morning Golden Girls,
But we're expecting another BIG snow tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have to work again Untill Friday.
My mondays after working the weekend are always hectic (I call it ketch-up day) so I'll talk to everyone later. I did read all the posts (so many, we're such an active groups, thank goodness)
Freda

Hi Freda,
Hopefully, the weather will clear up before you have to go to work. So far, forecast here is for ice & rain & back to ice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynne (Post 3686044)
Jane closed the Januray thread, so I moved my post here.
Yea ~ days off and the sun is shining. Monday ~ but is my Sat/Sun like a long weekend.
Mary ~ Where is Indio? Enjoy your travels
Take care

Hi Gayle,
Enjoy your sunny day. Funny – I have been reading “Indio” as Indiana. Hmmm – just did a google search – Indio is in CA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess1 (Post 3686093)
Good Morning, All....
Happy February!! It's snowing outside!! I don't think we'll get anything like what you poor, put-upon, sacrificial folks are getting this year, but it's something (and we need it so much!)! It is very BRRRR, though, only 9 degrees!
Nothing going on today... hope I can stay inside where it's warm and where I belong! Everyone..... warm, dry, and SAFE!

Hi Donna,
Stay home & stay warm. We are still having LOTS of accidents on the highways near me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryea (Post 3686330)
We walked 30 min today. My dh is trying to increase his walking time. He has done very well...almost back to normal but still trying to increase his strength. At home we go to the gym, here we walk. We really enjoy our walks.
I sat outside a couple times reading..the first time was great...I had to make myself come in and clean house, but later I tried again and it was too breezy for comfort. But of course it's sunny and no rain, and we keep the door open and I feel much closer to the outdoors when RVing.

Hi Mary, Enjoy that balmy weather – those of us in the snow path are VERY envious!

akrosey49 01-31-2011 08:10 PM

Hi everyone..nothing earth shaking going on in my neck of the woods..ive been frustrated over this plateu(sp?) sigh so i did some research and ive come to an answer,im eating to many carbs :( even tho the amounts are small like all my meals ive slipped back into that habbit,so am limiting them for now and see if i get better results..also the exercise is key too..so am doing them every am..geez i hate exercise but i want results so here i go :dizzy: thanks for the advice about the burns,they are uncomfortable but healing,cant imagine folks who are burned really bad ouch:?: ive been working on my pictures, i can while away the day in my little craft corner :yes:. hoping
your day is going great :hug: rosey :wave:

Nancyoyo 01-31-2011 08:48 PM

Hi G.G.s,
Just wanted to stop in & say hello to everyone. I’ll be brief, because my library book is calling me.

Zoe, I was thinking about suggesting you read the Stephanie Plum books, because they always make me laugh. Bobbi, I think you were talking about Stephanie’s Grandma. And she does remind me of Sophia on The Golden Girls, except for the way she dresses. I love that she always wears wild clothes, & dyes her hair weird colors. She’s my hero. That’s what I’d like to do, if I was just bold enough.

Enough talk(typing). Gotta get back to that book & see what they’re up to!

Goodnight all,
NCNancy

ladyinweighting 02-01-2011 06:06 AM

Good Morning & Happy February,

I am up early bc snow plows scraping the driveway woke me. So far, not much snow. This time, I am mostly worried about the ice & electricity/heat. I have gas heat, but the motor is electric. However, if I lose heat, my SIL will come get me – they have a truck that can drive through snow/ice & a fireplace.

Check back later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akrosey49 (Post 3686828)
Hi everyone..nothing earth shaking going on in my neck of the woods..ive been frustrated over this plateu(sp?) sigh so i did some research and ive come to an answer,im eating to many carbs :( even tho the amounts are small like all my meals ive slipped back into that habbit,so am limiting them for now and see if i get better results..also the exercise is key too..so am doing them every am..geez i hate exercise but i want results so here i go :dizzy: thanks for the advice about the burns,they are uncomfortable but healing,cant imagine folks who are burned really bad ouch:?: ive been working on my pictures, i can while away the day in my little craft corner :yes:. hoping
your day is going great :hug: rosey :wave:

Hi Rosey,
The bottom line is when you eat 3,500 calories fewer than you burn, you lose 1 pound. It really doesn’t matter whether the calories are from carbs, fat, or protein. However, carbs often trigger the appetite. Fat and protein does NOT tend to trigger the appetite.

For many of us – certainly me, carbs are our downfall. No matter how many times I try to cut them out of my diet, they ALWAYS creep back in. I REALLY believe I have some kind of physical attraction to carbs.

I wish you and I lived closer. I hate to scrap alone & my two scrapping buddies are too ill to go with me. Maybe I’ll just fly up to Alaska with my scrapping suitcase & we can have a scrapping party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancyoyo (Post 3686897)
Hi G.G.s,
Zoe, I was thinking about suggesting you read the Stephanie Plum books, because they always make me laugh. Bobbi, I think you were talking about Stephanie’s Grandma. And she does remind me of Sophia on The Golden Girls, except for the way she dresses. I love that she always wears wild clothes, & dyes her hair weird colors. She’s my hero. That’s what I’d like to do, if I was just bold enough.
NCNancy

Hi Nancy,

I will check out the Stephanie Plum books. I need a new book on my Nook.

Your post reminded me of the “When I’m an Old Woman” poem –by Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

ellabella 02-01-2011 08:17 AM

Lynn, I LOVE that poem! And I have been "practicing" for some time, now, precisely to avoid surprising anyone too traumatically once I am "old" and start behaving outrageously! The mismatched clothes, however? Not so much, I don't think. More eccentric, certainly, but if, for example, I were to wear, say, lime green and red, I'm guessing I'd need to be sure of a scarf with both colors in it to "pull it all together". :dizzy:
I am home today, and expect to be working from home through tomorrow. It's already snowing here for sure, city schools are closed, and those that aren't closed have early closings. I see no point in struggling to get in to work, only to be sent home - amidst an army of other frantic drivers - trying to slip and slide my way home after it's been snowing for three or four hours. I can get done what I need to do right here, and stay toasty, warm, and in one piece (unless I have some horrible household accident) while doing it.
I've mapped our route down to NC, and have decided not to attempt to drive straight through on Thursday, as I originally thought to do - with dh and I switching off on the driving, of course, despite the fact that I absolutely HATE his driving. (I'll recline the passenger seat all the way back, and do my best to sleep through it.)Instead, we're going to drive to Durham on Thursday - hopefully leaving @ 6:00 AM and getting into Durham by 7-ish. We'll stay overnight in Durham, and then drive over to Charlotte in time to meet my daughters' flight at 10-ish, and then all drive together to Hendersonville (@ 2 hours west of Charlotte). That will let us get a good night's sleep and be fresh and ready for a long day on Friday, as once we get to my sister's, we'll have just about enough time to freshen up a bit and then head to the 2:00 - 2:30 visiting slot to see David. I spoke with my niece (Sis's daughter) last night, and apparently they had a tough meeting at the hospital, with it looking like David will need a tracheotomy and need to go to a nursing home. I know this is killing my sister. My niece said she was "exhausted" (Translation: completely distraught) and would be speaking with me today. I really need to get down there.
So, here we are, with yet another dumping of snow in process. I'm really concerned about where it's going to go.....we already have limited room on our side streets to get back and forth from home, etc. And the snowbanks are frozen pretty solid; it's not like they can be easily moved, unless they send people out with dumptrucks and cranes, fahgoodness' sake. I can't see them doing that on every street across the city, so it seems that things are just going to get worse and worse before we can expect them to improve any. Groundhog stew, eh? Well, at this point, I guess I could probably give it a trial run. If we can't get out of our caves until the spring thaw, we might find ourselves trying to boil up a pot of dust bunnies!
Rosey. you're far from alone when it comes to carb cravings. But, Lynn is right - it's the number of calories, not the composition of the calories that cause us to gain - or lose - weight. I eat a lot of grains (and lately, more beans than ever before) for the fiber, and Fiber One cereal is the most reliable staple in my cabinets. I use it (ground up) as a flour substitute in muffins, breads, meatloaves, meatballs (turkey; no beef), the black bean patties that Donna posted the recipe for, and also in things like apple crisp that I make using Stevia for sweetening and ground Fiber One in place of the flour. (Also use Olivio in place of the butter that the recipe calls for). So, I'm getting carbs, but also lots of Fiber, which kind of reduces the carb footprint.
Nancy, I'll definitely give the Stephanie Plum books a shot. A little humor would go a long way right about now. (Thanks!)
No, PT, I don't think you'll be subjected to our New England-style weather insanity, either. This is SO extreme.....I just don't know how to characterize it. I just looked outside, and there are pretty much white-out conditions out there, and it wasn't even supposed to start around here until mid-morning.
Gayle, I think maybe my dh is wondering why he left Houston all those years ago right about now. (I know I would be). Warm & sunny, eh? My envy knows no bounds.
Hi Freda, thanks for your kind words about my nephew. We're hoping for the best.
Congrats, Karen3 on all those bridge triumphs! That, and a whiz at cooking, too! Dare I mention that I was thinking that you deserve the title of "Bean Queen"? Watch out, or I may have to start calling you "Queen Bean".
Karen31, I played frisbee golf with dh on the Wii Resort last night. Fun, actually. I think he's trying to get me Wii-ing through a series of relatively painless games and such. It might work.
Hi Laff and TP (welcome to the GG's, TP) - after your rave reviews, I may have to get myself to the movies to see The King's Speech. (Either that, or wait for it to hit Netflix).
How are you feeling today, Bobbi? Better, I sure do hope. You are one strong chickie to keep going with all those miserable headaches of yours! I hope you get some relief sooner rather than later. :hug:
What's it looking like down your way this morning, Lyn?
Bunti? Wherefore art thou?
Well, have a good day, y'all. I'll prolly check back in later since I'll be right here on the spot all day long.
:grouphug:
Z

Tea Granny 02-01-2011 09:57 AM

It's -24 degrees outside, it's dark out, and I was so GOOD this week and in spite of measuring/calculating every freakin' mouthful, and exercising for at least 30 minutes THREE times this week the *&^& scale barely moved - 1 pound weight loss - I am so discouraged right now - I'm going to go cry into my pillow - then I'm going to work ( we don't snow/blizzard days here ) :( : :(

glynne 02-01-2011 10:31 AM

Good morning all,

Tea Granny ~ don't be discouraged ~ even though it was only one pound at least the scale is moving in the right direction.

Zoe ~ have a safe trip to NC. It is dark and dreary here today. Supposed to be in the 20's to 30's tomorrow and they are talking snow. I know it will be nothing compared to your huge mountains of it ~ but it is only fair that we should take some of it off your hands/streets :)

Lynn ~ seeing that poem brought back some good memories for me. Back in 2005 ~ the year me and some of my friends turned 50. We had a get together ~ rented a couple rooms at a kind of resort hotel place. It was fun ~ sort of like a slumber party. We brought gifts to exchange ~ something appropriate for 50 year olds. Talked into the wee hours ~ recalling fun things. I got a purple gift bag that contained a book ~ Freedoms after 50 and a purple suede like covered journal. I printed that poem and pasted it on one of the pages.

Hello to everyone else.

Need to head out to a uniform shop today and try to find a couple new outfits. My scrub jackets are ancient and wearing thin ~ too thin in places to bother patching up.

Be back later. Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

jess1 02-01-2011 11:18 AM

Good Morning, All...
-9 right now, supposed to get "up" to 2 degrees today! We got about 2" of snow, and I don't know if the WeatherFools think we'll have more today or not.

PT/Zoe, did you change your picture? I'm obviously a trained observer.... ha! I wondered, too, where all that snow is going to go and if you all are going to have to deal with flooding in a few months? This is CRAZY! Be very safe on your journey, stay in touch, and good thoughts are being sent upward for you and for your nephew.

I've heard only really good things about "King's Speech", so it's on my Netflix list. I just cannot bring myself to spend the money they're asking, even for matinees, at the theaters!

TeaGranny, any loss is a good loss.... unfortunately, your body will know when you're being dedicated, devoted, and GOOD... and will punish you for it! This whole weight thing is a curse!

Rosey, I can't see how you're plateau-ing, since you're caloric intake has to be about 12! How much more have you lost since you were at the 69# gone? Ah, I see by your squiggly that you've lost another 3#. What did the doctor say was an "acceptable/normal" rate of loss? Geez, it looks like you're doing SO WELL!!

Have to go shower, see if the car will start, and then go rescue a miscreant. I'd rather stay inside with a fat cat, an afghan, and a book. Oh, speaking of books, Lynn, the Evanovich Stephanie Plum series IS fun... but I wonder if they'll be your taste? Don't bother, repeat! don't bother, with ANY of her other books... they're terrible!

Onward into the cold...... Warm, safe, and dry, Everyone!

Bunti 02-01-2011 12:33 PM

Morning everyone, just a quick flyby as I have to take my car in to the shop...check engine light came on, uh-oh.

Weird weather here. Blowing sixty and warm wind. (43 degrees) Looks like the lower 48 is getting our weather, and we theirs- hope all are safe and warm.

Zoe, I am still here, just still doing grant reports and then it will be foster home inspection time. No rest for the weary this month.

Gayle, good luck on the shopping, TeaGranny congrats on the loss, any loss is a good one. Everyone else, hello and will write more later

Rosey, I get it about the carbs too. I am hyper sensitive to some carbs, and really have to watch it, or I sabotage myself. I know a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but neuroscience has found that some of us have an addictive response to high gycemic carbs. I would suggest that those who think there is not difference are lucky enough not to have that response. Processed grains are not a good thing for this gal, particularly wheat. Of course I guess empty calories aren't good for anyone if you think about it.

Hugs all, and have a great day.

the slim me 02-01-2011 02:19 PM

Hi Golden Girls,

Not much going on today. Getting ready for that big snow that is supposed to be coming our way. Looks like most of us are going to get hit. They are saying we will probably get about a foot. I just called the hospital and they are having external disaster meetings all day. One bad thing about living so close to the hospital. If it really hits bad I might have to call and go in if needed. A lot of our nurses live a long way and may not make it in tomorrow. got my candles and matches out and fire wood is ready. Also, manual can opener! Lots of people forget about that when the electricity goes out. Gone to the store all ready to stock up on bread and milk. I'm as ready as i'll ever be I suppose. The kiddies are coming over this afternoon and will stay the night if it starts to get bad.

I'm another big Janet Evanovitch fan. Like Donna, not her other stuff though. YUCK! You would think 2 different people wrote the books. My friends and I have already cast the movie. Sandra Bullock for Stephanie. Of course we had Estell Getty for grandma but she passed away and we've yet to come up with a suitable replacement. Maybe Betty white? And by the way, aren't you amazed at the popularity of Betty these days? about time. love her.

Stay safe,

Freda

Bobbolink 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Hello and Happy February!:val1:
Freda...oh yes, Estell Getty would have be a perfect character on the Stephanie Plum series. If Crabby Maxine were a real person, she could do it too. I've been a fan of Betty White for years, I was just trying to think of when I first noticed her. It was before Mary Tyler Moore, anyone remember?

Quote:

Sandra Bullock for Stephanie. Of course we had Estell Getty for grandma but she passed away and we've yet to come up with a suitable replacement. Maybe Betty white? And by the way, aren't you amazed at the popularity of Betty these days? about time. love her.

I have two checkbooks to balance this afternoon, already made supper. We stopped for a few groceries on the way home from Dr. Bones. Do you all remember the Holloway carmel candies on a stick when we were young? They took all day to eat, anyway I found something that taste just like them, sugar free, 30 calories each. These are small little pieces, individually wrapped and very good. Nips Coffee is the name of them. Check them out.
Bunti...we're just on the edge of the storm this time, I think KarenMo is gonna get it.
Be good everyone and eat like a thin person eats.

akrosey49 02-01-2011 02:51 PM

Morning everyone..were getting snow too! about 4 inches so far but nothing like i saw on the news sry so many of u are having awful weather..thanks for the support,i journaled my foods yesterday to see if i was on track

breakfast- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
lunch-2 oz chix wrapped in lettuce dab of mayo
snack v-8 ( sm can( string cheese
dinner 4 oz hamb patty grilled (heinz 57 sauce 1T)
snack- sf popsicel

so u can see its not alot..but it makes sence rhat a dr early on befor surg told me its calories in calories burned..my dh knew i was frustrated and he said u can see im loosing so let nature do its thing,aww he has his moments.i 'm also a fan of the stephnie plum books..they make me laugh out loud..right now im reading James Clevels "Shogun" lynn id luv to be your scrapbook buddy;) hoping you all have agreat day :hug: rosey :wave:

glynne 02-01-2011 03:11 PM

Brrrrrrr ~ 36* here right now ~ in the middle of the day and windy. :dizzy: Guess I'm not going to be taking any bike ride today.

Karen31 02-01-2011 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! Well we got our snow and still getting it!! Right now we have about 15 inches on the ground--still snowing and the wind is blowing so that makes some really deep drifts!! We have a great big 14 degrees!!

Zoe, I made the cabbage veggie soup and I am anxiously waiting for it to get done.. DH said he isn't too sure if he will like it or not--told him there is a can of soup in the cabinet!! His Mom made him a very picky eater!~ When we first got married and moved to Mass. I was so surprised that his Mom would make 4 or 5 different dinners for one night because one didn't like this and one didn't like that!! I was raised if you didn't like the meal this time, maybe next meal you would!

I did my wii this morning again. I hope I continue to lose. I did end up losing just at 10 pounds for January. I weighed this morning but won't take it as official until my weighin on Friday. I'd really like to see 10 pounds a month go but will take any loss.

Well, guess I need to convince Ginger and Sissy that they need to go outside. Our front door faces north and right now we can't even open it because the snow is drifted there. But the back door is on the southside and there is a patio cover so they need to get out there and do their business!!

I'll try to get back later. Take care, stay safe and warm!!

Karen31 02-01-2011 04:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thought that I would post a few pictures to show you what it is doing here! Kind of reminds me of Colorado!!!

They just said on the news that officially as of 3:30 this afternoon we have 18 inches of snow on the ground! With 3 and 4 foot drifts!!

ladyinweighting 02-01-2011 05:11 PM

I just took a FUNNY photo of my kitties. They were cuddling in one of their beds & just as I snapped, Harry yawned. Looks like he is diabolical.

However, now that I changed the camera setting so that my pics have more pixels, I cannot attach.

Karen, what is that link for shrinking the photo files?

Lynn

Nancyoyo 02-01-2011 05:11 PM

Hi G.G.s,
I’ve been watching the weather, & that looks like a really scary storm to the north & west of us. Zoe, I’m really worried about your trip. Please be really careful! It looks like it’s going to miss us, so if you can make it safely to NC, it should be ok (I hope!). With all the prayers & well wishes going your way, everything has to be fine!

Lynn, I know how you feel about ice, that’s what I really fear in the winter. About 5 years ago, we had a tall pine tree break off, & fall on our roof, during an ice storm. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but it did a good deal of damage. There are several more tall pines that could do the same thing, but we can’t afford to have them cut down, & they’re too tall, & too near the house, to do it ourselves. So, when the trees start icing-up, we just do a lot of praying, & stay at the other end of the house! We also have to worry about losing electricity. We live about halfway down a half mile dirt/gravel road with only 10 residences. So, we’re sort of low on the list when it comes to getting the power restored, when there are a lot of outages. We have been without power for 5 days, when it was really bad. Because of that, we have a small generator & 2 kerosene space heaters. That would take care of us, but we also have our 2 rental mobile homes next door to worry about. (We always advise our renters to get a kerosene heater, but they never do.) Freda, I always use a manual can opener, so I don't have to worry about that, but I do make sure I'm stocked up on food, & emergency chocolate! I’m sorry, I think I've been rattling on, but it’s something I really worry about every winter! Sorry again! I’ll change the subject now. Lynn, thanks for the poem. I’d read it, & loved it, some time ago, but I didn’t have a copy. So, I’ll save that, & now I will!

Donna, I agree that the Stephanie Plum books are not for everyone. You definitely can’t take anything in them seriously, & I guess they might be a little too risqué for some. But, like you said, they’re fun! Hope you weren’t out in the cold too long, & that you’re safely back inside with SamCat & a book.

Freda, it's nice to hear that so many here like the Stephanie Plum books. I do think Betty White would be good as Grandma. I'm a fan of hers too, like Bobbi. I hadn't imagined Stephanie looking like Sandra Bullock (I was picturing a younger version of the author), but I can see her in the part.

Gayle, do you get to wear those really cute scrub jackets with the cute designs on them? For awhile I was getting a uniform catalog for nurses (I’d ordered a gift for my sister - she’s an RN), & they had the most adorable scrubs. I thought about getting some for me, but figured that would be “cheating”, since I’m not in the medical profession! Sorry you're getting the cold weather.

Tea Granny, one pound lost is GOOD! I figure as we get older, it’s better to lose slow - gives our body time to adjust. And heck, if you lose 1 pound a week for a year, that’s 52 pounds! So, Yay! for you!

Bunti, hope there was nothing too bad wrong with your car. I know, from experience, that a lot of times that check engine light can just indicate some minor problem. We drove our old van a couple of years with the check engine light on. Never did find out what was wrong, but it ran fine. Of course these newer cars are more complicated, computers & all. Good luck! Try not to work too hard.

Rosey, eating that small amount, you have to be losing. Good for DH for being supportive!

KarenMO, that's a lot of snow! Are you trying to catch up with Lynn & Zoe? You sure are doing great on the weight loss!

Well, things to do & books to read. Later y'all.
NCNancy

Karen31 02-01-2011 06:26 PM

Lynn-- here you go---- http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I don't download them, I just right click and "save as"

maryea 02-01-2011 06:31 PM

I hate this netbook! It's so tiny and kinda slow and when I'm typing every now and then I accidentally hit something and lose everything! Will try again...

Rosey I don't see how you live on so little but know you have to and I'm proud of you!

I did well on my eating plan yesterday along with the walking, so yea for me...it's about time! LOL So far I'm on track today ...had lunch out but we shared.

I did laundry this am then we went out to get our cash for the next couple weeks. Looked for a market we heard about but couldn't find it and decided to give it up instead of wasting more gas. Diesel is SO expensive down here! Saw one place it was $4!! Mostly though we pay $3.60+ Anyway we came home so I could get the first of the month budgeting stuff done....and I'm off $25.40 and going crazy trying to find it! I will but it takes me a while some times.

Joe made a change in our trip plans so we will be seeing our youngest dd again before we head north.

glynne 02-01-2011 07:08 PM

Maybe if I close the blinds so I can't see the wind blowing, I won't think I am so cold :dizzy:

I don't envy Zoe, Lynn and Karen MO and anyone else who is having such cold and snow right now.

lynard21 02-01-2011 08:04 PM

Quick check in. We just returned from a whirl-wind trip from MA to Long Island via car and ferry to take care of some business with an apartment we inherited 18 months ago. We had very bad tenant problems and had to go to court...anyway we were able to mediate a solution so things are better...but my eating was bad as we stopped at Burger King twice!

Weather was bad coming home tonite. Supposed to be rain/ice mix tonite and tomorrow.

Z...please be extra careful on your trip. My prayers are with you and your sis and nephew.

I tried to attach a picture of our kitty, Bianca, to my signature...hope it worked.

later...Lyn

Gwen 02-01-2011 08:48 PM

This laptop doesn't do any better! Just lost my 5 minutes of posting...:mad: OOO I need a real keyboard.

I LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! Being raised in NJ I can totally relate to her!

Sandra Bullock and Betty White have my vote. Who could we assign Joe Morelli and ... ooo... who's the other one???

Nora Roberts is another writer I enjoy. And Catherine Camp. Does anyone have recommendations for other authors?

ladyinweighting 02-02-2011 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Lost my electricity - thank goodness for air cards & laptops.

Karen, thank you for the link. I need to save that someplace safe. The funny photo of my cats is attached. I was taking photo for my course & clicked just when Harry yawned. Makes it look like he is screaming.

Lyn, your Bianca looks just like my Harry (when Harry is not yawning).

Lynn

the slim me 02-02-2011 10:34 AM

Good Morning GG's

We got the snow that was promised. The weather man would HAVE to get it right this time, when they miss so many others. Dh is out trying to make a path. Don't know why, we'r not going anywhere untill the street is plowed. School is closed of course. They called a external disaster day at work. No call in's allowed. One of the nurses couldnt' get to work and they sent an ambulance after her. Wonder what her neighbors thought. I told her she should go home by police car. really give them something to talk about!

Gwen, Haven't decided on Joe but for Ranger, i'm thinking the "rock". I think his name is Dwayne or something like that. He was a wrestler turned star. He just looks the part to me. We made a list of authors we all enjoyed and Bobbi posted them. I'm sure they are all still there. There was some new ones for me too. I'm always reading and looking for new authors!

Lyn, Your kitty is beautiful! And burger king has great salads. I know that's not our first thought, but if you plan ahead you really can eat at fast foods.

Mary, I thought our gas was expensive here, at 3.09!

Karen31, 10 pounds!!! Girlfriend that is so awsome! I'm getting the WII zoomba, a freind has it and says it's lots of fun.

NCNancy, we used to get to wear the cute scrubs to work. I have jackets with all the holidays. But, they changed the dress code and i'm in navy blue! Makes it easy to dress, but awfully dull and boring.

Bobbi, how are you feeling? Did you get any of the snow?

Lynn, House guarded by attack cat!!!!

Bunti, My check engine light comes on occasionally too. It's usually nothing. Hope you have the same luck!

Z, if you are going to still make the trip (don't know what the weather is there) to your sisters, know that you will be getting prayers for a safe trip.

Rosie, You are doing great. And you know you aren't eating too much. Dr's right, give it time.

Gayle, I love looking outside at the snow. Only, of course, if I don't have to get out in it!

Karen, Where are you? Hope everything is well and you're just off to another bridge tourmament, or on a cooking spree.

Tee granny, any loss is better than none! If you don't want it, can I have it?

Hey Donna, You're usually here by now. Hope everything is ok in your neck of the woods!

And stealing from Donna, stay warm, stay safe. Adding my own: stay insdie unless you have to get out there!

Freda

Bobbolink 02-02-2011 11:03 AM

Good Morning......Freda, we only got an inch or so but our temperatures are bad....26 degrees below zero with wind chill.
Happy Groundhogs day everyone.
Crabby Maxines says today, "If the groundhog sees my shadow, that means I've got six weeks of groundhog stew!"
Speaking of stew, I'm making clam chowder for supper tonight. We never drink anything but skim milk but I purchase a quart of whole milk for the chowder.
Ah yes, Ranger is the stud muffin besides Joe Morelli. I get a charge out of Stephanie constantly blowing/burning up her cars except for her parents old Oldsmobile? I think it's blue. I'll have to check and see if there are any new books, she doesn't write them fast enough.
Gwen...I like Nora Roberts too, she's often on the life time movie channel.
Lynard...pretty kitty. Our cat died after 14-15 years and she was long haired, if I ever get another one it'll be short haired. Too many hair balls, yuk!
Quote:

I tried to attach a picture of our kitty, Bianca

Mary...Good thing your hubby isn't a big eater. It reminded me of DH's grandparents, they were very wealthy people but split everything. They used to fry one egg in butter , then split it!:shrug:
Quote:

So far I'm on track today ...had lunch out but we shared.

Nancy...I'm petrified driving on icy roads. I had a Jeep Wrangler for 13 years and that thing was so bad on ice. I lost control of it 4 times, doing spinny things on the highway. DH said it was going to kill me if I didn't sell it, I cried for a week after because I loved that jeep. Funny how people can get attached to stuff.
Rosey...glad to see your tummy is tolerating more food. How's the burns today? My mom used to put a long stainless steel spoon in her glass mason jars before she filled them, she said the spoon directs some of the heat. That might be an old wives tale, your jar could have had a hair line crack and nothing would have prevented it from cracking.
KarenFla...what are ya cooking up today? Yesterday the Barefoot Contessa sliced up some cabbage in thin strips and stir-fried it. I usually steam ours when we eat it but I think stir-frying it would be tasty.
KarenMo...Do you have your Wii Fit in your Woman Cave? I wish you lived by me, I'd come over and use all your equipment. Except the Wii Fit, I sold mine because of my impatience of waiting between the sets.
Hello anyone I missed, off to the kitchen.

jess1 02-02-2011 11:21 AM

Good Morning, All...

-11 here, soon to be a high of 7.... and Anchorage is +33!! Go figure!

Freda, Sandra Bullock would be a great Stephanie, but I am sick, sick, sick of Betty White! If she were older, I think Meryl Streep would be a good granny, because she's hysterical and does characters so well. She's too young now to pull it off, though. And, yes, Dewayne Johnson (the Rock??) would be a great Ranger... we'd need a hotsy totsy for Joe Morelli, not some pretty boy wimp. And those are MY opinions ♥ ♥!

KarenMO, I LOVE your neighborhood! The houses remind me of a small town, warm and welcoming and friendly, and I YEARN to live there! Your furbaby seemed pretty enchanted with the view, too!

Lyn, your Bianca is truly lovely. And Lynn, what is the name of your #3 kitty? I saw Harry and Hermoine, but who is the little one in the back of the picture?

Gwen, Bobbi posted a list of our favorite books in the Age 50+ forum, but I couldn't find the list when I just went to check. Bobbi, how is it described? Has it been removed?

TeaGranny, by chance, I saw your comments on a Diana Gabaldon site:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea Granny (Post 3680702)
I've read them all and have them all :) I ( and others) were less than dazzled by the last book Echo in the Bone, or should I say the path it is taking. We all cried about the death of a Beloved Character though - I hope that's not too much of a spoiler. Overall I love the series and reread it often. I had a chance to meet Diana G once at a book signing but didn't go because I felt too gross - kicking myself now because I'm pretty sure that she really doesn't care what her fans weigh.

I so agree that the last book was the least of the series. OMG, she does get descriptive with her wars and battles, doesn't she? My brain has died: who is the Beloved Character who died??? And that cliffhanger! I hope she writes another one....... she can't leave us like that!!

Nothing much going on here, just trying to stay warm! At least, we don't have much accumulation to worry about...

Everyone, be warm, dry, and safe... especially those of you on the road! Later.......

the slim me 02-02-2011 11:34 AM

The book list is still there, you just have to go way back. It was on 4

maryea 02-02-2011 11:58 AM

Boy the wind really blew last night! I'm so used to hearing rain, that when it blows like that I always think it's raining too...I am just sure I hear it but then wake up to the ground dry. LOL Guess just shows I'm from the NW.

Dh just walked down to the clubhouse for his cinnamon roll. They call it breakfast but he gets it and puts it aside for his evening snack and THEN he splits it (they are large) and will have 1/2 tonight and 1/2 tomorrow night. I wish I could be like that! Yes, Bobbi, I am fortunate that my dh is not a big eater as we share a lot when eating out and I only fix 2 servings at meals and I eat one and often he only eats 1/2 his and then has the other 1/2 for lunch the next day. In fact he eats so little that I sometimes kinda worry about him but his weight has not dropped much. He looks quite slender though.

I did well again yesterday on my eating but didn't get in a walk. Only walked across the street to the bathrooms and laundromat. Hoping to walk today.

Sorry for you all that are in snow still. It is cold to us here...only in 40s this am and still a little windy but it is sunny but the wind is cold.

Bunti 02-02-2011 12:05 PM

Morning everyone. What odd weather we are having, it is 45 degrees here this morning while the rest of the country struggles with icy, snowy frigid temps. I hope all are safe, we prepare for this, but I don't think places like Texas do.

I love Gabaldon, have read and re-read the first four books, I am having a hard time getting into the latest ones. May be time to start a re-read again and see if I can get the momentum.

Bobbolink 02-02-2011 01:35 PM

I re-posted the Book thread, it's under the 50+ threads.

Andrews, Donna
Arnout, Susan: "Frozen lady" love story in alaska
Atherton, Jane: The aunt Dimity mystery series
Austen, Jane
Baldacci, David mysteries who done it
Ball, Alan, American Beauty
Binchey, Maive "Tara Road"
Block, Francesca Lia, Wasteland -young adult book
Bohjalian, Chris The Double Bind
Bradley Marion Zimmer "Mists of Avalon" king arthur and his knights
Bradford, Barbara Taylor "a woman of substance" series about family dynasty emma harts retailing
Bristow, Gwen "Calico Palace" about the gold rush & Jubilee rail
Bronte, Charloote: Jame Eyre
Brown, Rita Mae and her cat
Brunstetter, Wanda-Amish
Camillari, Andrea : Montalbano series
Cato, Nancy "all the rivers run" about australia
Childs, Laura tearoom mysteries (10) with "Teaberry Stranger"
Christie, Agatha: mystery
Clavell, about japan "Shogun", "nobel house", "taipan"
Clement, Blaize
Coben, Harlen
Conroy, Pat South of Broad"
Cornwall, Patricia mystery Kay Scarpettas novels
Coulter, Catherine: Regencies and suspense
Davidson, Diane Mott, frothy mysteries with recipes
Davidson, Mary Janice, undead and unwed-funny!
Dawkins, Richard: The God Delusion - nonfiction
Delinsky, Barbara
DeMille, Nelson mystery
Diamant, Anita : The Rid Tent
Dibden, Michael: Aurelio Zen series
Donati, Sara historical romance and adventure
Evonovich, Janet Stephanie Plumm very funny
Fitzgerald, F. Scott The great Gatsby
Flagg, Fannie
Follet, Ken historical fiction or mystery who none it
Ford, Jamie Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet
Gabaldon, Dianna series historical romance couldnt put them down-Outlander
Gaiman, Neil: Coraline
Gerritsen, Tess Rizzoli & Isles mysteries
Gilman, Susan Jane Undress me in the Temple of Heaven
Grafton, Sue read up thru "U"
Giffin, Emily...chick-lit
Gordon, Mary: Final Payments
Hannah, Kristen
Harris, Charlaine: Sookie Stackhouse series...hard to put down
Henshaw, Susan mysteries with "Elected by Death”
Herzog, Brad Turn left at the Trojan Horse
Heinlein, Robert: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Hoag, Tami have newest waiting for me "Deeper than Dead"
Hosseini, Khaled The Kite Runner
Irving, John Cider House Rules
Karon, Jan The Mitford series
Kaye, MM about india and their culture love story ,"The Far Pavillions"
Kellerman, Jonathan for a good mystery...also his wife and son has good books.
Kesey, Ken: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Kidd, Sue Monk: The secret life of bees
Kohen, Kathleen historical fiction adventure "Through a Glass Darkly","And Now Face to Face"
Krantz, Judith "Mistrals Daughter" her other books are great to
Lamb, Wally "She's Come Undone
Lee, Harper: To Kill a Mockingbird
Leon, Donna: Brunetti series
Lescroart, John - if you like a good, well-written mystery, start with 1st book
Lively, Penelope
Ludlum, Robert spy who done it espionage mystery" Bourne Iden tity" series
Macomber, Debbie
Markhan, Beryl: West With the Night
Marshall, Catherine: Christy, A Man Called Peter
Mason, Marion ?? writes about judge in NC???
Montgomery, Lucy Maud: Anne of green gables series and Emily of New Moon
Murakami, Haruki: fiction and non-fiction
Nabokov, Vladimir: Lolita (literary)
Niffenegger, Audrey: The Time Traveler's Wife
Niven, David: The Moon's a Balloon, Bring on the Empty Horses
Page, Katherine Hall (8) with "Body in the Gallery" waiting for me
Palahniuk, Chuck: Fight Club
Parker, Robert (Spenser series are funny, mystery
Patterson, James just finished reading the 9th judgement
Perry, Martha writes about the Amish. i've learned a lot
Piercy, Marge “Gone to Soldiers”
Pigeon, Josie series and have 3 left there.
Pilcher, Rosamonde historical family dynasty "Coming Home", "The Shell Seekers"
Quindlen, Anna: Every Last One (Literary)
Rice, Luane
Roberts, Nora
Runbeck, Margaret Lee: Time for Each Other, Our Miss Boo
Sanford, John
See, Lisa: Sunwflower & the Secret Fan, Shanghai Girls
Setterfield, Diane The Thirteenth Tale
Sedaris, Dave: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Siddons, Ann Rivers
Simenon, George: Maigret novels
Smith, Alexander McCall Ladies Detective Agency series
Smith, Betty: A Tree grows in Brooklin, kid or older book
Smith, Wilbur ..family dynasty,s in africa, egypt "river god" and "7th scroll
Steele, Danielle worthless and inane
Stewart, Mary: Merline/Arthur trilogy
Stockett, Kathryn: The Help
Studdert-Kennedy, G.A.
Swanson, Denise (11) with "Wedding Bells" waiting for me
Tanenbaum, Robert mystery
Trollope, Joanna
TYheroux, Paul: travel books
Whitcomb, Laura: A certain Slant of Light (literary)
Woods, Stuart
Wolzein, Valerie

akrosey49 02-02-2011 02:49 PM

Morning everyone..gee whiz we got over a foot of snow and its still coming down..it sure is pretty out tho. Nothing new to report sounds like a soup or stew day and a good book :dizzy: (((hugs))) for all rosey :wave:

ellabella 02-02-2011 03:44 PM

Just a word about Audrey Niffenegger - I LOVED the Time Traveler's Wife, and thought they did a pretty decent job with the movie, but be advised that her latest book - Her Fearful Symmetry - wasn't even nearly as good, in my opinion. Wally Lamb, on the other hand, has written several since She's Come Undone, and all were equally great reads. Yep, that last book of Diana Gabaldon's wasn't quite up to her earlier efforts. Feels forced, somehow. Seems like she just ought to write one grand finale, tying up all the loose ends, and then move on to some other characters (Besides Lord John, I mean - I prefer female protagonists). I have to say that I'm interested in Roger and Brianna's life in the "present" at Lallybrock, though. I wouldn't mind so much if we could have more of them? Oh, I love Anne Rivers Siddons, too...love her characters, and find them very easy to identify with. Oh, lots of good authors on that list of yours, Bobbi...I love the Fannie Flagg books too...they're always good for a few good belly laughs. (Thanks for posting the list again, Bobbi!)
I just finished up a major proposal for work and clicked "send" on the email. Now, maybe I can focus on packing and getting ready to head down to N.C. Looks like we'll be driving into better weather, at least. Massachusetts - including my offices, which is a bit miraculous - is about completely closed for business today. No schools open, no banks, no nothing except essential personnel. The street outside our house is pure white; even the tire tracks can't get down any further than the snow/ice cover. Towering snow piles, but I'm being redundant, aren't I? Same thing - snow - all the time in the northeast, now. Enough to drive you 'round the bend, it is. I just hope we don't lose our electricity before we leave.
Bunti, 45 degrees where you are? Alaska, right? Oh, wow. This is SO crazy! Is this just one of the precursors to the end of the world? Massive climate changes? I can hardly believe what we're getting here on the east coast this year. VERY unusual, to say the least.
PT, I don't know what beloved character died, either. (From Echo in the Bone, I mean.) I should really try to retain more of what I read. I think I'm too used to moving from project to project, and kind of closing the file on one before I start another. Doesn't work so well when you're reading a fictional series.
I'm glad you didn't have to go in to work, Freda. MY dh not only shoveled a path - he cleaned out the driveway, and has headed off to the post office and grocery store. I think he's out of his mind, but on the other hand, having been in the house all day yesterday and today, I imagine he might be a tad stir crazy. He'd never say that, though - no, he had a few "important" things to mail, PLUS felt that we couldn't manage without gallon-size plastic baggies. I must say, it would take WAY more than that to get me outside today!
Omigosh, Lynn! We've still got our electricity, thank goodness! Oh, those pictures of the kitty kats is great! I'll have to post some when I get back from N.C. Gotta love those little furry despots!
Lyn, Bianca is BEAUTIFUL!
Hi Gayle! (Yep....keeping warm is CRITICAL! Close those blinds, wrap up in a nice big fluffy comforter, and drink a hot cuppa something. That's my recipe for days like this, so long as I don't have to go anywhere.)
My gosh, Nancy...where you live sounds like a real country getaway! Bet it's absolutely beautiful, even when it's snow-covered.
Nice pictures, Karen31....a little too WHITE for my current mood, but pretty all the same. You do seem to have found yourself a lovely place to retire to, with the added bonus of being close to family. I sure wish I could get my brood to move somewhere a little warmer...and where property values aren't artificially inflated the way they are here in Massachusetts. (Hope your soup came out good!)
Good grief, Rosey! That's not much food! I'm quite positive that you'll see a sudden drop in your weight at some point in the near future...probably ten or more pounds...and it'll feel like it happened overnight, but in reality, it's happening right now and it's just not showing up on the scale yet.
Congrats on the loss, Tea, and sorry I missed you last time around. I always miss somebody, and am always feeling bad about it. Oh, well. Don't do these things on purpose; it's just that my aging brain can only handle so much information at once.
Hi Laff, ....hope you're doing well and not snowed in anywhere.
Karen3? Where the devil ARE you? Please check in immediately!
Thaaasssss all, folks!
:grouphug:
Z

Laffalot 02-02-2011 04:12 PM

Hi Everyone - It's a little nippy here today - about -4C (1pm PST) on my thermometer & sunny. So that's not too bad, eh? It did get down to -15C night before last & last night. No more snow for a few days now (Yay!). I did not have a good weigh in yesterday. I gained .2 lb. :( Obviously I can't veer off my "plan" at all. Hate that - it's like chipping marble with a stick! But I'm not going to cry over it & I'm right back on track. :) I'm trying to stay positive because if I'm not I'll be into the fridge, cupboard, etc. & that's not so good. I have a high school reunion in Sept. & of course I want to be svelte for that! I even made it to aqua fit this morning. I'm trying to go 2-3X a week. And I'm thinking the dogs is going to take me for a walk after awhile. Boy will I ever sleep good tonight! lol Everyone that is going through these huge snowfalls & bad weather be sure to be careful & stay warm. :wave: