Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #106  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
Oh, Bobbi, you're still my hero.... and I'll never be that organized. Y'all are just going to have to accept the fact that "All" and "Everyone" has to include the whole group!! How are the headaches?

PT/Zoe, I think of you as a flower child, as in free spirit, flowing locks, filmy clothes, etc. I have a tattoo, a result of much wine... that and total tart behavior as a young, tight, and perky SweetYoungThing are my only legacies to the age. It seems like I was always MARRIED when I was young!

KarenFL, maybe you and DH should use those motel reservations for a little getaway? Seems a shame to just cancel the vacation!

Hey! Before I forget: SamCat and I took our first foray into the wilds of Denver, and he did beautifully in his stroller! He got a little twitched when some big ol' dumb mangy mutt barked at him, but otherwise, he just sat there and looked around. My sciatica came to life after about a block, and I ended up limping home, and I'm hoping that situation improves with the walking.

Otherwise, nothing of any interest to impart! Rosey, haven't heard from you. Are you doing okay? When's your next apptment with Dr. Turd?

Everyone (and I do mean everyone!), have a lovely weekend! Be safe!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #107  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Karen3, I actually enjoy the *whining* because I do so much of it myself, and when somebody else does it, I don't feel like such a round peg in a square hole.... Yeah, all the personals...trying not to leave anybody out...I think in my case may reflect a slight tinge of obsessive compulsive behavior. No, no...I'm not at ALL organized about it; no lists or anything...that would simply be good organizational skills, not OCD, and no, I don't organize anything, which drives the admins at work crazy trying to figure out what I'm doing next, but that's neither here nor there...nuh-uh...no, I'm talking about things like needing pictures to be hung perfectly straight, placemats lined up perfectly with each other, things in their place...that kind of thing. Maybe it's not so much an obsessive-compulsive kind of thing as it is a control issue...wanting to be on top of things or whatever. Anyway, I like to be on top of things...not forget anything...but don't approach it in an organized manner, so it's easy to forget or miss stuff. And of course here, it's easy to overlook or skip somebody who hasn't posted in the last couple of days. So yeah, maybe trying to do personals all the time is a little over the top. So maybe it's less pressure if we don't even try. Me, I mean. Others seem to be fine with either saying something personal or not. I'm working on it...
Yeah, so here I am, my fourth day at home feeling somewhere between sick and not-so-sick, but definitely not operating on a fell set of spark plugs. Still taking cough medicine, still blowing my nose every hour or two, still having the occasional coughing/sneezing fit that lasts for a minute or two and makes my eyes run and steam up my glasses. Just NOT optimum. I did leave the house yesterday and bought myself some 50+ women's multi-vitamins. I KNOW I should be taking them. My immune system seems to be operating pretty inefficiently right now. I also bought some Vita-something chews with Vitamin D & calcium. That was an indulgence. They're milk chocolate flavored. 20 calories apiece. One or two a day. I've figured it into my calorie count, and the good news is I had one yesterday and one again today, and they didn't set me off on a chocoholic binge. Today is Day 8 of my return to decent eating, and I THINK I'm back where I need to be mentally to get my weight off and keep it off for good. Let's face it, if I don't keep it off. I'm going to end up carrying it with me into my REALLY senior years, which I do NOT want to do.
Okay. I've done a few loads of laundry, and knitted some. Also did something else but I can't remember...oh, yep...petted little Turtle Cat while he was curled up on the bed snoozing...love doing that because he purrs in his sleep. Grinning at the image of Samcat in his stroller, PT - sorry pushing it made your sciatica act up, tho.
Okay, signing off for now...have a good day, everybody!

Z
Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone!! I just figured out how to do this with the Iphone and thought that I would share it with you! Brrr! can't wait for spring to get here!! Be back later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carthage weather.jpg (7.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #109  

Good morning everyone. 5th day back on plan. (except for the popcorn night, when I used all my splurge points in one fell swoop, but still made my weekly goals, so even though I felt out of control, I guess it is okay.)

Okay, need a place to finally come clean, and I am choosing here. I need to change my ticker, and am getting up the nerve to do so. My high weight was 278, when I came here was 273, and I lost down to 253 between 3/2010 and 5/2010. Well, 6 months of bouncing on and off plan, and I was back up to 268 on New Years Eve. (aaghhh.) This morning the weight is 265.6. I found that the extremely low carb plan I used in the past worked well for me for weight loss(10 pound loss the first 10 days), but when I went off, the scale showed a 7 pound gain that first week. Must be mostly water for those large bounces, and as much as somehwere down deep I believe low-carb is better, the extremes didn't work for me long term. I don't want to feel like a failure.

This time I am on a limited carb, lower calorie diet,(WW) and I will see what happens. I am pretty happy with the 2.5 loss for the week--I am trying to remember the lesson of that childhood story the Tortoise and the Hare--Slow and steady wins the race.

Karen, how do you do that with the phone?

Organization....Bobbi you are amazing. It is a constant struggle for me. Like Zoe, I 'know' where things are, at work I am relatively organized, but at home....not so much. Am really trying though.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #110  

Bunti---On my iphone it has the standard app. that just says "weather" When you open it up and get to that screen you then take a screen shot. I didn't know how to do this..What you do to take a screen shot is hold down the top button and also the home button. That takes the shot and puts it in your photos. Then you can upload it to your computer.. I uploaded mine to my facebook and then saved the picture to post it here.. Just thought it was interesting to see. Really easy once you get it figured out. Sometimes us "oldies" need a little help to get it figured out... Had to call my younger brother to find out how to do it... LOL!

Last edited by Karen31; 01-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #111  

Hi everyone..sry ive been mia..ive been lurking im still struggling with finding a balance..keeping busy helps..i know for sure now anything with real sugar makes me nauseated and running for the bthrm. my clothes are hanging on me,need to alter them. my next appt is tuesday,for my 6 week checkup. then my diet will include soft foods and experimenting to see what i tolerate. i have had a few things allready like a rice and pork casserole.well chewed and pot roast.tiny piece of beef,3 baby carrotts and 1/4 of a potatoe..lol tasted wonderful as im so sick of babyfood blah..i finished my quilt top and will put it all together today..im starring at a pile of dishes to be washed hmmm quilt or dishes..thats a no brainer..its nice to get to know all the newbies..hoping all the "GG" have a great weekend rosey
Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #112  

Hi everyone again i finished my sewing projects so am posting pics,the quilt,baby diapers and a counting book..none to soon as my niece is due anyday. Rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 148.jpg (26.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 149.jpg (21.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 152.jpg (23.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 155.jpg (17.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 158.jpg (24.7 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #113  

WOW! Rosey great work-- Those diapers are so cute-- I don't think I would ever have the patience for doing those things..But wish I could!
Old 01-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #114  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey....how cute the baby diapers. I've never heard or seen anything like them. So smart for moms to use instead of constantly buying paper diapers and filling up the dump sites. Did you design them yourself or use a pattern?
I love the quilts, did you applique the little center pieces, teddy bear, etc.?
Zoe...I know you can do anything you set your mind to.
Quote:
One or two a day. I've figured it into my calorie count, and the good news is I had one yesterday and one again today, and they didn't set me off on a chocoholic binge. Today is Day 8 of my return to decent eating, and I THINK I'm back where I need to be mentally to get my weight off and keep it off for good.

Bunti...WW is a good plan and so many choices. Hope it works for you.
Quote:
This time I am on a limited carb, lower calorie diet,(WW) and I will see what happens

Donna...You'll have to tell the new comers why you call Rosies doc Dr. Turd
Quote:
Rosey, haven't heard from you. Are you doing okay? When's your next apptment with Dr. Turd?

Karen3...your DH's recipe for boiled eggs gave me the giggles
Quote:
Amazing thing happened when I got home Dh had dinner plated. Wow for a man who only cooks hard boiled eggs....puts eggs in pot of water and boils until water is gone. what a nice thing

Freda and Nancy...what a great idea about using olive oil for your hands. Other than headaches, I never get sick. But.......I wash my hands very often. I'm going to try that, thanks.
Lola...are you a free lance chef? We haven't had a professional chef on the Golden Girls before, Karen3 comes close with all the cooking she does with her bridge clubs. I think I'd love that job, my DH and I both love watching the cooking shows and Iron Chef is fun to watch. I liked Chopped too.
gonnadoitthistime...Do you have a shorter name or did I miss it? We answer to anything, don't worry if you mix us up.
Quote:
Thanks for welcoming words here! Next time I work on learning some names.

A movie is starting, think I'll join DH. I'm hungry for popcorn but we had elk tortilla's for supper and it was sooooooo salty. I'll probably weigh a ton in the morning.
Have a fantastic weekend all.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Rosey, those baby diapers and the quilt are too cute! You are so talented!

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning for my daily weigh-in, & I was at 164.5! I'm pretty sure that's the lowest I've ever been as an adult. I was so excited I decided to take pics. Put on a pair of my size 14 jeans (I bought 3 pairs in that size at the Goodwill Fri.), also the smallest size I've been, & set the timer on the camera. What a disappointment! (See avatar) It's not a good camera, & I know I don't look good in pictures, but.... My face looked better & a lot younger last year when I weighed 30 or 40 lbs. more! But (trying to be philosophical here), I'm a lot healthier, & from the neck down - way better than at 250 pounds!

NCNancy
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #116  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! We are now in AZ. The weather has been cooler than usually (well usually we aren't here until Jan but anyway it is cooler than usual they say). On the way down it is always cold but this year more rainy too. At our son's house, they had colds and we caught the bug too... i't s been almost 2 weeks and we still aren't over them. So strange as we are rarely sick. Continue to cough and feel so tired. Also we have vehicle trouble..twice. and It is in the shop right now and we are using a rental car (the dealer is supposedly paying for...hopefully..as the repair bill so far is around $3800 as far as we know!). This includes a smaller repair we had done last week. Right now we plan on going home as soon as we feel safe going back over the mountains. It'll be a while though...we are watching the weather news. Right now we plan on selling our rig and traveling in another way from now on. We need to sell the rig to buy a newer car as we have spent so much of what we had saved. At least there is no rain here and it is sunny but not very warm. Sorry so many complaints, but we have enjoyed our new grandson and seeing our son. I think we just babysit too long too many times and wore ourselves down. Think we are too old for that anymore.

Last edited by maryea; 01-09-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #117  

maryea, so sorry to hear that you have caught this bug! It is nasty.. We are finally starting to feel better and almost human again!! Sorry about all the car troubles that you are having... that can sure make a trip miserable. If you sell your rv that you have now are you planning on getting another rv? We've gone back and forth between a 5th wheel and a motor home, had both and they both have advantages and disadvantages. Right now we have the
5th wheel. It wa pretty comfy when we went to Colorado. We went a little smaller and it was OK. It is funny how much 7 feet can make a difference.
Glad that you have got to enjoy that new grandson though. Take care of yourself and stay in touch.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #118  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yo! Rosey, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your creative efforts! Surely there's a shop in Wasilla (now that it's becoming a tourist center!) where you could sell those darling diapers. And Bobbi can surely guide you in a career on eBay! I think they're SO cute! I printed the pictures of the quilt and the diaper for my mom, since she's a quilter, too, and will be very interested!

NCNancy, I think your picture is lovely! You have no reason to hesitate to post your pictures. We all hate the way we look, but you look just fine. Trust me! (I tell people that my driver's license picture was taken after the stroke... and they agree that it's really not SO bad, after all! (No, no stroke, just a really bad picture!!))

Mary, glad to hear from you! You've been missed! Hope you feel better. Several of us have had that crud and we're all very sympathetic and empathetic! Feel better!

Dr. Turd is so called because he was so mean to our sweet Rosey when she went to see him before her surgery. We don't think he has any other name; if he does, it's been forgotten!

Last edited by jess1; 01-08-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #119  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all

Hope you all are having a nice weekend. One day down and one more to go (at work). Will catch up with you all on Monday. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Take care
Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #120  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning all,

Hope you all have a blessed day. Yesterday was quiet, not much going on. Some shopping and then in the evening we went to DGS's soccer game. Had no idea that the indoor rinks were so huge. and so full! DGD was very upset that her brother got to play and she didn't. So I promised her I would take her to the movies today to see Tangled. It remains cold out but no additional snow.

Rosie, loved your quilt. Were the bear blocks in the middle pieced? The diapers were so cute also. Did you say that you had done craft shows in the past? Looks like you have some real winner there. Is the quilt a baby quilt? Hope you get back to eating "normal" food soon. It takes awhile to learn what will not cause the dreaded dumping syndrome. Good thing you are a seamstress. You will be doing a lot of downsizing the clothes.

NCNancy, Yeah! So good to get into a smaller size! And goodwill is a great bet for finding clothes when you are in transition. You will be changing sizes again doesn't make sense to spend a lot on clothes that won't be worn a long time. And i'm amazed at the nice things you can find there. Don't worry about the changes in your face. I found that things look better after time. Takes the face awhile to adjust.

Hi Gayle, Have a good day at work. See you tomorrow.

Mary, glad to hear from you again. sorry to hear that you have had that virus. I know it knocked me down for about a week. Sorry also to hear about the problems with the trailer. Good luck for you trip back home. Isn't it fun being with the grands?

Bobbi, You know that the weight after a high salt day is just water retention. Just don't weigh in the next day, untill your body has a chance to flush it out.

Z, Isee nothing wrong with whining! It's one of my few talents, and it would be a shame not to use it occasionally!

Karen31, Some of use need more help than others with technical things. And I have no "goto" person. gotta wait untill my GS is a little older I suppose. Won't be long.

Bunti, slow works. Not as quickly as we would like, but don't we all wish we could just wake up one morning and we would be thin? We all realize it's hard work, but no harm wishing. I think any diet that totally limits one thing is not something that will last. I think the low (good) carbs and low calorie works well for everyone. Good luck with that. Much less restricting and something you can do for long term.

Donna, sorry to hear that the dreaded sciatica nerve is acting up. I have the same problem from time to time. Ususally some heat and motrin helps. BAD dogs for scaring little SamCat. But probably he was thinking "let me out of this thing and I will show you who's boss".

To all the new ladies, hurry back. We enjoy talking to you and want to get to know you better.

Everyone, make it a good day.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 01-09-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Closed Thread