Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/230/170

Height: 5'2

Hi Nancy....
If your looking to join a bowling league you can find information at the Louisiana Women's Bowling Assoc. website. Unfortunately because I'm too new of a member, I cannot post the link, but if you google. Lousiana State WBA their website info will appear.
You can email Suzie, their association manager, and she will tell you what bowling centers and leagues are in your area.
candlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #17  
Never too old

S/C/G: 227/180/170

Height: 5'4"

Damsel1934. No, you aren't too old to diet. I'm 75 and was 227. In January I began my journey with Metabolic Research. I felt I was too old to try, but my daughter said, well, I'd be the same age whether or not I was fat, so I gave it a try. I am a type 11 diabetic. I have lost 29 # and been taken off one type of insulin I was on and cut down from 35 units to 15 units on the long lasting one. I feel great and for the first time in years can buy blouses without an X after the number. I'm lucky that I have a great center to go where we are encouraged to stay on plan and not criticized when we slip off.
If you want and need to lose weight, give it a try. What do you have to lose?
Auntieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/257/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hello, AuntiB.

I'm so glad to read your post!

I'm 62, and I love what your daughter had to say.

Releve...I know where you're coming from. I am single, too, now. And there are no easy answers. Mostly my help comes from the Lord to keep on keeping on.

hugs,

MissNibs.
MissNibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #19  
blissful

S/C/G: 199/189.0/192.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Husband here has several health problems and tends to want to get home from work, eat and watch TV. (Right now he is recovering from surgery so he just gets up and moves to the recliner to watch TV but should be back to work soon. So guess where I spend most evenings? On the couch watching TV. But I do work most days and walk there. I to walk with purpose and my stomach and butt pulled in. I also take time with my granddaughter and when we are together alone we tend to go to the park where I play with her. I can't really "run" as I have arthritis in my back but I feel good after spending a day with her because I do get a workout chasing after her.

I have no desire to leave dh at home but told him I would like to go out to try some kind of dancing, line dancing or square dancing. Something. He is presently recovering from major surgery but said he might try it when he has fully recovered. I know he will try it, but can only hope he LIKES it. And hope I will as well. But that is months away as he had back/shoulder surgery.
blissfulinnc is offline   Reply With Quote