Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #91  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi.... not working.... I can't find any place to edit the signature. Sorry!!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #92  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Jess, just keep going back and eventually you'll see edit signature on the menu. It might take a day or two. Could be the weekend slowing everything down.

I ate and ate and ate. It was good and now I'm finished until Christmas (I mean eating big meals not finished eating). I didn't eat huge quantities of anything but the desserts added up and the hot rolls and butter/margarine. Calorie dense food tastes so good.

On a bright note, I lost 2 pounds this week so that makes me happy.

The baby is adorable. When he arrived he was wearing a little orange knit hat in the shape of a pumpkin. There was a little green knitted stem poking off the top of the hat. I could have eaten him right up. So sweet.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....Since the 1st of June, I automatically check the weather underground web page before anything else online. Am loving the note that keeps saying "No tropical activity". Gesh, they predicted a rough hurricane season and then said well maybe a little less....I'll take this 3H weather with no hurricanes for sure!!! We have a small refrig on the lania that iced up so bad with this humidty, spend all afternoon defrosting...carried a 20lb block out to the grass. Still have to do windows, wonder if I tack a windex wipe on Dash's nose if that'd work?

Need to write me a big notice...the city is turning off our water tomorrow at 9am to work on water lines. Need to be showered and brushed early. We will have to boil water for the rest of the week.

Am still struggling with the 2 diets and ticked off because am usually so organized and able to make a game plan quickly. DH is insisting he will never go on dialysis. We are a ways from that decision, but if he doesn't comply with this diet the time will come quickly.

Question??? Is Monday a Federal holiday? Columbus Day. Is the post office open?

Have a recipe starting up in my brain...wonder if mix nondiary sf french vanilla creamer with egg beater would make french toast? Have to read the labels at store today. Speaking of which I better get moving...Sunday is my grocery shopping day...Hugs, Karen3
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #94  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, here I am, day 3 of my 4-day weekend, and still having cold symptoms - especially at night; I get all clogged up as soon as my head hits the pillow. Pretty much stinks, but I'm sure I'll be fine and dandy when it's time to get back to work...now that REALLY stinks, yanno? ANYhoo, we took care of the twinnies and their sister on Friday (I was actually feeling better, then) and wowza! I guess I'd forgotten how much work babies can be - and of course, in this case, it was doubled! Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed every last minute, but hoo, boy! I sure was tired when we finally got home! We had the kiddos from 1 in the afternoon until 11 at night. I sure can see why it's the yOUNG folks who do the child-rearing. I remember being tired sometimes when I was raising my own, but never flat-out exhausted like I was all day yesterday. Of course this lingering cold probably has something to do with it, too. Don't worry - I didn't breathe anywhere near those children, and washed my hands constantly. Like I said, my cold symptoms were pretty much in recession on Friday - since then, they've returned with a vengeance! Isabella, I know just what you mean with that grandson of yours - aren't they just so amazing? I think we miss a little of that "amazement" when they're our own, because we're so busy trying to take care of them and raise them and all. Oh, and you can be sure I'll be trying that sweet potato casserole - it looks really tasty, and we love sweet potatoes, but I usually just bake them, and something new would be a real treat - especially something new that doesn't add a ton of calories!
Freda, I really love the fall, as well. I just wish it weren't a precursor to winter. I'm getting a little sick of that, to be honest. I don't like being cold anymore. My bones must be getting sensitive as I become more and more of an old crone! I don't think I could live in Alaska, like you, Rosey. But I guess you get some nice weather too, right?
Karen3, I'm so sorry to hear about your bridge playing crony. How sad. I guess you just never know, do you, what somebody else is really thinking or feeling... Oh - and tomorrow actually is a federal holiday. No mail except overnight and priority, I think the local paper said.
Gayle, my DH grew up in Houston, and said that the humidity was just unbearable. He moved to New England 30-some years ago, and now I can't get him to budge when I want to go somewhere a little warmer...
Linda - maybe you should've held onto one of those caps and then if you ran into the other Linda, you'd know each other? LOL. That's quite a story...
Hope you're having a wonderful time, Lynn ....I'm looking forward to hearing more!
You sure do keep busy, Bobbi! No wonder you never have any trouble getting the weight off!
Well, Jess, I'm afraid that, techno-phobe that I am, I can't be of much help with your signature lines or whatever, but they're really not that big a deal, you know. We just come here to share our thoughts and such, you know? Feel free to jump right in...the water's fine!
And welcome to you, too, Africanaussie! I look forward to hearing more about you and having you join our little support group. I think you'll find that you have lots in common with most of us!
Okay, off for a nice hot (and hopefully decongesting) bath.
Have a nice holiday, y'all!!!!

Z
Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #95  
Isabella

Back on track today. Too tired to chat now. Catch you all tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #96  
Donna

My DSL went down yesterday because of ice on the phone line... OMG, I had no idea that I'd have actual withdrawal pangs! It warmed up, though, and all is well for a while. I'm going to go try the squiggly thing again... I'm accessing it through the quick links at the top of this page. Is there someplace else that I should be going?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #97  
Donna

Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #98  
Donna

I'll be darned... now, do I have to go back every time or is this now saved?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #99  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Had a good weekend here. Got to spend some time with the grandkids.

I've been discouraged ~ wanting/needing to walk, but it is so hot and humid here. I shared my discouragement with my husband and asked if maybe we could get a motor driven treadmill. Yippee ~ he said yes, so we went to Walmart and got one. Put it together today and I used it. I liked it pretty good ~ put a fan in there so I could keep cool while walking. Now, I can walk anytime that works for me. Not have to worry about getting myself presentable like I would have to if I was going out in the neighborhood or at the mall. And it doesn't matter if it is hot and humid outside or rainy. I feel hopeful again now.

Off to bed soon ~ back to work tomorrow.

Take care
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #100  
Isabella

Hi, Jess. Go to this thread and you'll get full instructions. Once the tracker is correctly saved you shouldn't have to repeat anything. It is automatically under your post. This link will tell you everything you need to know. Good luck with it. I was so eager to get my tracker too when I first joined so I know how you feel.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...signature.html

Good going there Glynne. I have to get on my bike when I can't go outside. I'm having the opposite weather to yours--cold rain--but the results are the same--no walking. Glad you've got that problem fixed. I watch TV while I'm biking. I just moved my bike from the living room to the study so now I can peddle away to my heart's content without bothering anyone. Not that I cared if I did!

Zoe, hope you've beaten off that cold by now. I hate being stuffed up at night. I find Ibuprofen works better than a decongestant if I get to stuffed up to sleep.

Bobbi, I'm seriously thinking of actually mailing everyone a bit of dinner. I have so much left-over food in my frig my menus are out the window for a few days. Not only do we have left over dinner but yesterday we had a family day at church with a potluck supper and I have left-overs from that.(As a side note: I kept strictly to my plan and never ate dessert or any junk at potluck. I've been patting myself on the back for that since yesterday.)

I made soup and although most people had some when I went to take it home again and went to pour in in the container I'd brought it in there was more than what I'd brought over. You see I had added a jar of salsa and some water to the soup because it was way too thick. It's like the miracle of the fish and loaves but with soup. Ha, ha, at least it's not fattening. It was a vegetable soup with black beans and soy beans. My DIL said it looked like a Mexican soup so I added a little more corn and then the salsa. I served it with nacho chips and sour cream to top it off. Now, DH and I are going to have to eat it for a few days. I'd freeze it but there are potatoes in the soup and I don't like soup frozen with potatoes...sigh...Oh, well, I certainly won't have to wonder, "What's for dinner?" the next few days.

Karen3, I don't envy your task. But I'm sure you'll come up with some very inventive ways to serve the both of you. I remember in college taking a nutrition course and working on the menus for different medical problems. Most of the students in the class were taking nursing and many were friends of mine. We'd spend hours trying to get a balance diet using only the prescribed foods allowed. We'd have to look up all the nutritional data in books!!! No computers then.

Everyone has gone home, including the baby (we would have kept him, you know ) and we're home alone again. I'm gone to hang up a few more cups on the hooks DH just put up for me in the "new" dish cupboard in mom's old room (my study now). So glad to get all my dishes out of boxes and back in use. After that I'll bike (it's raining) and finally clean up the kitchen from the weekend's assaults.

Catch you later.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #101  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hey Everyone........just a quick note then back to the grind-stone. It's been snowing here since last night, won't be over til late this afternoon. We still have our garlic and carrots in the garden, hope the snow melts and things warm up so we can harvest them. I have ironing to get back to, supper to cook, fresh broccoli and cauliflower to clean and home-made laundry soap to make. I managed to read everyone's post and will comment tomorrow maybe. I've got to take MIL to doctor in the morning for her appointment. The nursing home had to put her on a mild sedative, she gets really mean at night with Sundowners in addition to her Alzheimer's. I'd hate to be a nurse's aid.
Have a good one!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Got home yesterday, but was REALLY exhausted. Should have read Zoe's post before I left here this morning to go to Library and Post Office - of course, both were closed for the "holiday."

I am pretty pleased with my behaviors over my vacation - made several good choices everyday & never really ate out of control. Got lots of exercise and ended up with only 1 lb gain (might lose that by tomorrow) for 10 days of vacation.

My DD & SIL took care of my crazy cats while I was gone (they have 1 of their own). When I got home, my DD had taken lots of photos and made a little photo album with their photos and really funny sayings. Was a REALLY nice coming home gift.

I am starting a new class tomorrow so I probably won't be posting much for the next few weeks. Looks like I am getting myself over-scheduled - supervising 2 Student Teachers, taking a class that meets twice a week, and teaching my online course. Will try to check in as much as possible. I get into trouble when I stay away.

Lynn
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #103  
Donna

Isabella, thank you!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #104  
Donna

hmmm
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #105  
Donna