Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:11 PM   #286  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome, Ducks! Lots of spunky over 50s here... it's a good group!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
ELLABELLA ~ How old are your daughter's twins? My daughter's twin girls were three in August. I hear you about "alone time." I always try to take a week off when my DH and kids are working and in school! I need it! I usually end up cleaning out closets and such, but that's fine, I'm all by myself and I love it! Don't know how we'll manage if and when we ever retire.

LYNN ~ I'll look for that challenge thread.

BOBBI ~ Aw, how nice of you to make Halloween treats! I have yet to buy any candy. We get fewer and fewer kids each year.

RETIREDONE ~I'm with you on the H1N1 shot. I want it, now! This is the first time that a flu epidemic has scared me.

JESS ~ I checked your weather forecast as I am making a stopover there on Monday. Things are warming up for you!

LINDY ~Wow, your mom was just recently living on her own? My dad is 88, and I think he will be moving in here soon (that is if I can get a kid or two to move out!).

I just responded to this page. I'm looking forward to getting to know you "chicks"
Hi Ducky,

WELCOME!!!!!

Lynn
Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #288  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I crashed yesterday when putting the Halloween bags together for my grand kids. I knew I would, went over my 1200 calories and lost a point for the day.
But today I'm back on track and the left-over treats are out of sight. The popcorn balls with peanuts in them kept calling my name. I think I'll take all the remaining popcorn balls over to DD house today so I won't be tempted.
I have a book from Heinz vinegar titled, 'Over 100 helpful household hints'. I've shared some of the tips before, today's tip:
Homemade Cough Syrup
During a period of cold or flu, make your own cough syrup to have on hand. Mix 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, pour into a jar or bottle that can be tightly sealed. Shake well before each use. Take 1 Tablespoon every 4 hours. If cough persists for more than a week, see a physician.

Welcome Ducky...this is the last day to post on the October thread, the November thread has been started. Nice that Mom/daughter are working together to lose a few pounds. Lynn started a new challenge thread you can join for posting a new GOOD HABIT if you're interested.
Quote:
Hi ladies. May I join you? I joined this site in June at my daughter's urging.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #289  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Happy Halloween everyone! I am going to try to remember that the candy is for the kids - not for me!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Need to pack for our vacation to Cancun. A week from today we will be soaking up the sun. Never been to Mexico, so it should be interesting. Mostly I am looking forward to spending a week of down time with our two sons who live in Toronto now. We live in Alberta, which is the other end of the country, so we don't get to see them much, unless you count Skype. I love Skype, and I love the person who invented it. It is much more gratifying to be able to see your loved ones while you talk to them, even if it is just on a computer screen.

Going for my H1N1 shot on Tuesday. Can't go until after work, so hope they don't run out before that! They have been turning people away because they ran out before the clinic is over. I don't mind waiting in line, but it is hard to schedule when you work. I'll try to get off a bit early that day. I just figure with travelling I would rather have it than not.

The day before we leave we have to go to Calgary for an appt. to start the process for DH to enter a drug trial for prostate cancer. We'll see if he meets the parameters. We have been down this road once before and he was turned down. Each drug trial has specific parameters that you must fall into to qualify.

Lynn, very sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Good luck with your treatments, and the Christmas gifts.

Well, off to do house work, laundry and packing. Have a great weekend!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #290  
Donna

Stay out of that Halloween candy tonight!!! And have a good weekend! The snow is melting, and it's beautiful again!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #291  
Fit and Feisty

Default Halloween Warning!

"You may freely eat of every tree in the garden." Genesis 2:16

Notice God said we may FREELY EAT. (That caught my attention). But it says, "of every tree in the garden." I looked and looked, but it doesn't say you may freely eat of Kit Kats, Hershey Kisses, Snickers, etc. even if they are bite size.

I have to tell you that I stopped giving out candy a few years ago. Just couldn't handle it. And you know what? My name did not appear on the police blotter next day in the paper. The world did not go into a holding pattern either.

Have a great Halloween everyone!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #292  
Donna

Carree, I think "fit and feisty" is perfect for you! I LOVE the "resigned as General Manager of the Universe...."!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:26 PM   #293  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Halloween candy doesn't bother me. It's the chips I can't resist so I didn't buy any. I'm passing out individual rice krispie treats. I haven't opened one and they could stay there all year and never be opened. But, to my shame I've had more adult treats. Cheese cake, carrot cake, chocolate peanut butter pie, nachos and cheese. Should have stuck with fruit of the trees. Most of the desserts were only very small pieces, though and this is my free day for dessert. I'll be up bright and early tomorrow (as the clocks are gone back to standard time tonight) walking.

DS and DIL are staying overnight to attend DIL's grandmother's funeral tomorrow. They've gone to her parent's house to pass out treats while her mother is at the funeral home tonight. This is their first halloween together as a couple and they brought their treats with them from their home so they could pass them out. How cute!

The ghosts and goblins are scarce this year. We've only had about 15 kids so far and it's nearly 7 o'clock. We usually have about 40 or 50 by this time. I think with the scare of swine flu and the weather (light rain) combined have whittled down the numbers.

Have a good night and I'll see you all in November.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM   #294  
GmaTo8

Since there are posts on the November thread, I'll close this one for you.
Closed Thread