Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251.5/245/200

Height: 5'3"

Default may i join in?

i'm 60, as of 4 months ago, and overweight, but at only 60 i feel like i still have plenty of time to change this. my name is wanda and i am married to a wonderful husband,(he's behind me 100%)(we're both large & when i try, he tries,) so i am doing this for both of us. 11-19-09 will be 44 yrs of marriage for us. we have 4 children, 8 Gchildren & 4 GGchildren.. i am going to add years to our marriage by getting into shape...while i have been down this road many, many times, this time is for keep. i'm a firm believer that we get better as we age, and as i age, watch me get better,,, thanks, is it all right is i hop on,, wanda
wanharday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #2  

Hi wanda.. im rosey from alaska and post in the golden girls..come join us we are a great bunch.. congrats on trying to make healthy choices for you and your husband..theres lots of great help in 3fc's.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 213/213/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey, Wanda!

I was given this site information from a diet quizz result and I read your post. I just want to say, I know you can do it this time! You sound very inspiring! I can relate to you-my husband and I are similarly inclined to influence each other! But I enjoy the idea of a support group-my hubs is not needing as much change as I am. I started caring full time for my father in December '08, and I gained 30 pounds (when I started out needing to loose 60 already)!

So, maybe we can help each other? I am very serious about it-I'm 43 and don't want to end up dependent like my father.
Firm Believer is offline   Reply With Quote