Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jay,
Thanks for all your help. I don't think I ever purposely skipped a meal. I may have and just blocked it out. I just used coffee to get between meals. I just wasn't hungry in the morning before work. And then I recently read that coffee helps during the day, but causes cravings later in the evening. I don't enjoy warm drinks in the summer, so I'm beginning to wonder if that's why it was easier for me to lose weight in the summer, because the cravings were gone, and I'm more active, of course.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say. Have a fun day!!! Thanks for everything!!
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #17  

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the thoughts. Most interesting and helpful.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Height: 5'1''

I agree with ones that have problems in office. It's not even boredom but mostly need to chew, I think. I am buying a lot of gum but still snacking from 2pm -4pm. I am certainly not hungry. Could it be a bad habit? I even bought some hypnosis tapes but to no avail
LiveIsGoodAfter50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveIsGoodAfter50 View Post
I agree with ones that have problems in office. It's not even boredom but mostly need to chew, I think. I am buying a lot of gum but still snacking from 2pm -4pm. I am certainly not hungry. Could it be a bad habit? I even bought some hypnosis tapes but to no avail
My strategy for things like this is to give in, but eat something healthy and low-carb; low-fat; low-calorie. I use cheese sticks, carrots with cocktail sauce, 1/2 a protein bar, diet soda, high fiber crackers with laughing cow cheese...
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 231/220/180

Height: 5' 11"

My worse craving time is late evening (9 - 11 p.m.). And it's usually carbs that I want 'cause I'm a carb lover. Lately I've been have those Quaker Crispy Delights at 90 calories per 20 g. pack. Along with carbonated water, which seems to make me feel fuller than plain water, I can resist other snacks. Any other carb lovers here?
Eia Wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: ???/190/168

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
My strategy for things like this is to give in, but eat something healthy and low-carb; low-fat; low-calorie. I use cheese sticks, carrots with cocktail sauce, 1/2 a protein bar, diet soda, high fiber crackers with laughing cow cheese...
I am quite good all day, whether at home or at work BUT, BLINKIN BUT, 9 pm onwards I seem to be obsessed with eating anything!

I like the suggestions you made above.

Thanks for sharing.

Puff Ball
Puff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #22  
thininside

S/C/G: 200/185/150

Height: 5-8

I have the same after-dinner munchie attacks! I'm not quite sure what it is. DH and I usually watch a movie after dinner, so maybe its the dreaded popcorn syndrome. I've been eating either sugar free jello (.5 weight watcher points and 20 calories per package) or fresh vegetable tray with low-cal dip (homemade with fatfree sour cream and a dry salad dressing mix) for around 1-2 points for the amount I eat. I also find sugar-free gum helps.
oogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Okay.....it's around three p.m. and I'M HUNGRY!!!! The kids are having tacquitos and my mouth is watering.

I had a healthy salad for lunch, and now I want to RUIN it all!

I think the timing has something to do with school.....either old memories of school ending for the day, time for milk and cookies....or, today, it's the time the kids get home and my energy slide begins.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #24  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

That is also the time where I feel I wanna eat most ... late evenings, right after I get home from work. I try to have a big glass of crystal light, a diet soda, or a glass of iced water with lemon to "fill me up" a little bit. I heard nuts are supposed to help you fight tht hungry feeling, so sometimes i'll have a handful of almonds in between lunch and dinner. Not sure if that's true, but nuts are good 4 u anyways
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

I did it. I had a tacquito.

Problem was, the kids decided they didn't like the tacquitos. It is SO hard for me to throw out perfectly good junk food!
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 6'2"

Default I am seventy years young

I have just joined the forum - well about a week ago -so this is an introduction I suppose. Years ago I decided to get "healthy" and have pretty well succeeded . So much so, a month ago I began my first blog about my thoughts. If you want to share with me, and give comments I would love to see you. My aim is to keep positive, and I hope some of it can rub off on those who are feeling down. Alan, weight wise man. Please say hello!
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #27  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

After work is definitely my trouble time. Especially in the winter. I just crave carby, sugary snacks after work. Summer is not so bad, but I still have cravings. Going mostly off sugar is helping, and having a protein snack around 3:30 at work is also helping. I have been having blueberries with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or almonds. I am OK at night, but I go to bed early.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

I want to eat more at night too, I try to drink water (Flavored) and I try to convince myself that I want low fat popcorn instead of chips. I have found that my craving for sweets is gone, I rarely want sweet anymore its salty that my mind wants. just as bad
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote