S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jen - welcome back! We missed you!
And - we want PICTURES!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #94  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jada1, 6 pounds down! Whee! All that dedication has paid off, hasn't it?

Jen, you're baaaaaaack and as soon as you're over the jet lag etc., we want MORE about Hula Land!

Jude, am I remembering correctly that your gym is something like half a block from your house? Well, even if I've got that wrong, you know what you need to do!

As I said before, if I waited until I "felt" like going, I'd never get there. I'd add to that, if I waited until I had nothing else to do, I'd never get there. That used to be my excuse also. These days the gym is like a doctor's appointment--I just go no matter what other things I have to do, and I have plenty!

More about the gym--people in gyms I've gone to don't talk much either. Maybe someone you see often will nod or say hello. I think people go to gyms mostly to work out, and not to talk to others. I'm like that--it's not a social event to me.

And of course, the eternal personal music players plugged into the ears aren't really conducive to conversation!

flowingair, I checked, and the ride my friend is taking is 575 miles. Well, I'm sure it will be different for her now that she is lighter!

Did folks watch the Academy Awards last night? It was a really good show, I have to say. Some years it's tedious, but this was good.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 02-23-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #95  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone, I'm back....My computer died and I had to buy another one. Finally got it up and running last night. Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Jada, Congratulations on the weight loss! 6 pounds is great! It's so nice when all the hard work pays off.

OK, Jen, We're ready for pictures and to hear about the wonderful time you had.

We got another big snow fall Saturday, and it's COLD again! The few days of warmer weather sure spoiled us.

Freda
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Thanks for the congratulations everybody!!! It's weird, but I was hungry at midnight last night, but I didn't eat. It felt more like a "habit" kind of hungry. I got out a plate to warm up a pita, but I thought I just didn't feel like eating, and I put the plate away and went to bed. I didn't even feel like weighing myself this morning because I know I'm losing weight. I feel healthier and in control of my eating again.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #97  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I spent my day doing inside stuff . . . 'old-lady-type-stuff, in fact . . . I was knitting slippers while I watched the latest storm howling outside.

My little area of northeastern Nova Scotia has been straddling the imaginary snow/rain line all day and the precipitation kept changing back and forth between those two. Truth be known, I think rain won by a little so far because I think there is a tiny bit less snow on the ground than there was at this time yesterday.

Hope the rest of you hd better stuff going on.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM   #98  
Maintaining :)

Jay, we didn't watch the awards, but I did catch some of the clips and the results today online. You WERE RIGHT about Slumdog

Freda - we got dumped on this weekend - about 16 inches of the white stuff. UGH - I'm sore from shoveling!

Jada - congrats on conquring a night time craving - one decision at a time is how this battle is won

Linda - I haven't had my knitting needles out all winter. I went through a "felting" phase a few years ago, but I haven't done much since. I've got a ton of yarn tucked away, gotta get back at it one of these days!

A busy but good day here. I did my fitness test with my virtual trainer today. Some improvement on some of the exercises - no pushup improvement though I REALLY don't like pushups

DH had the day off so he made supper. The aroma from a rice/grain/mushroom dish is amazing!

I hope you had a good start to the week! I am going to keep an eye on the scale - I'm up half a lb. now for over a week. I'm thinking it must might not be water weight. Time will tell, but I'm gonna be extra vigilant - just in case.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #99  

Hi all,

It's still cold outside, but at least the sun is shining! That is such an improvement.

Jada, Congratulations on the breakthrough!! On being able to distinguish between true hunger and boredom! And to follow through!

Linda, I don't knitt, but I can crochet a bit. I do like the crafts to keep my hands busy at night. My GD is getting an American Girl Doll for her birthday and I'm going to get a pattern and try making some doll clothes to keep me busy. I haven't sewn in a long time, wonder if it's like riding a bike?

Laurie, We didn't get that much, thak goodness!! You guys really got dumped on! The 4-6 inches we got was more than enough.

Take care all, make it a good day,

Freda
Old 02-24-2009, 02:17 PM   #100  

Hello everybody,
Meowee: I enjoy storms. I don't know what I'm doing living in the desert.
Countingdown: Great on improving your exercising.
The Slim Me: I read your update on the broccoli salad. I don't put any sugar in my salad, so I didn't even notice the amount. Good to know if I ever decide to put sugar in it. I'm not diabetic, but sugar sure is a trigger food for me.
I'll be weighing myself everyday starting tomorrow. I've been busy "spring cleaning" yesterday and today because I'm getting my carpet cleaned. Since everything is upside down, I've been ordering a la carte home delivery. I ordered a veggie omelet. Pretty good. I've never ordered a veggie before because it sounded awful, but it was pretty good. I feel in control though, so I still feel positive about my weight. I just worry about water gain again because of the salt in home delivered food. Tomorrow I start my appointment with walking at 10 am every morning and I'll be back on my food plan.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #101  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

If you want storms, I've got storms. Today is a lot better than yesterday but it's still pretty windy and there's occasional flurries. Every once in a long while, I actually see a tiny ray or two of sunshine though.

Made arrangements for a friend from Ontario to visit for a few days in mid-April. Something to look forward to in the not too distant future -- hope it stops snowing by then.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #102  
Maintaining :)

Freda - regarding sewing, it is - it will come back to you quite easily! At least it did for me Though, I think doll clothes are tougher than clothes for me - little button holes, little zippers, little pieces.

Jada - I LOVE veggie omelets! Don't worry about the water weight - it will be temporary. Just don't despair if the scale does go up a bit. Remember that it isn't FAT, it is WATER. Great news about your walking!

Linda, I like your thinking! DH and I have a trip planned for April. I'm gonna focus on that to get me through the rest of this winter!

We did see the sun today, and it ALMOST felt spring-like. There are several little birds that sit in the window grill-work at my office building. Their singing has been quite prolific as of late. They are such a blessing each morning as I start my day. I do think that I will make it to spring. I think I can, I think I can ...

Hope you all had a productive ON plan day. I stepped up the aerobic workout on the wii today - 15 minutes boxing, 5 minutes advanced step, 10 minutes hula hooping, 5 minutes running and 10 minutes of free step. It felt good to be really tired when I was done
Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #103  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good eveing everyone.
Yes Jay that gym is about 4 blocks away and up a flight of stairs!! I will get there soon. Yesterday I washed my car but that is a workout in itself. It was sunny out for a while. Put fresh water in the birdbath and they were all out there splashing away. No snow here.

Congratulations Jada on the weight loss. You sound like you have everything right on track for success.
Laurie and Linda jeez to the snow. We will not see anymore of that here this year. I think it is spring. I have some flowers peeking up in the garden. Not sure what this flower is but it is purple and comes up even if there is snow in February.

Sewing is a great hobby to keep your hands busy. So is knitting. When I quit smoking many years ago everyone got a sweater whether they wanted it or not.

I have been thinking of trying a patchwork quilt. I have this skirt that belonged to a friend that is different colors of velvet. And it is very large as she was very large. She was discarding it and I thought oh look at all that material. I am an ex seamstress too. So when we see fabric it is still fabric even if it has been made into something. I have a friend who quilts and she said she would help me. Will be interesting to see how big I can make it. At least a couch size. The colors are ruby and purple and gold and black. More black than anything. I think I heard my friend say something about some leopard print someone had. I think not.

My son just bought a condo and I am getting it painted this week. After that my life will be my own.
Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!!
Thanks for all the support around the exercise. I know you are all right. I just have to get my butt moving.

cheers.....Jude
Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

ACCOUNTABILITY: Actions that reflect the integrity of the person you want to be.

Come join the March ACCOUNTABILITY thread & commit to making an exta effort in March!

Remember, we are responsible for our EFFORTS - not for the outcomes.

Efforts = the day to day decisions/actions we take to lose weight.
Outcomes = what the scale says.

Lynn
Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #105  

Countingdown: Sounds like you've been productive in your work outs!! I like it too when I feel tired after a long walk.
Jude: Your so lucky to be living in Canada. It's so beautiful. I took a vacation in Canada with friends and saw my first moose. The Banff gardens are beautiful. We stayed in a Chalet. I had the time of my life.
Lynn: Thanks for letting me know about March accountability.
I kept my appointment with walking this morning. I was up early and ready so I left early for my walk. Windy, but a nice walk. I wish I hadn't weighed myself..yech. I only went up a pound, but I was so close to getting under 230 lbs. Darn me. (I will be positive...I will be positive).
Closed Thread