Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Nothing much in my plans again -- throat is a bit less raw but I'm still doing the snuffling and sneezing stuff.

From what I've read, there is no direct impact, but artificial sweeteners do not really satisfy the body (and turn off the sweet-tooth cravings) the same way real sugar does and that may cause people to overeat. The answer is to "pick your poison", I guess. I go for Splenda because of my Diabetes. Whatever you choose, the answer, as always, is moderation.

Have a good Friday, everyone . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-26-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #92  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

Sorry to hear you're still under the weather, meowee, but it sounds like you're improving!

I'm afraid there is no less expensive alternative for the rats. We had one company come out that uses live traps, but they declined the job because they didn't want to get under the house.

I went swimming yesterday afternoon, and it was the best thing! My body felt great afterwards and I wasn't nearly so stressed.

Jay
Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #93  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, GLORIOUS day here. Sunny, warm, slight breeze. perfect day to go for a walk. So, I did.

Linda, Hope you're feeling better. Summer colds are the worst!

Laurie, Finding a way to balance what you love and maintaining your goal weight is a delicate balance, and sounds like you've found it. I am not willing to give up everything either. I try to add more activity to my daily life, plus some exercise, and watch what I eat, within reason. So far it's worked for me too.

Jay, Hope those pesky critters are gone soon!

Freda
Old 09-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #94  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

flowing - I'm not a fan of aspartame. I'm sure that it was only one of many changes, but giving up diet pop and getting rid of artificial sweeteners in my diet seemed to really help my progress.

Linda sorry you aren't feeling well!

Jay - you are an inspiration - exercising to deal with stress! Hope your "guests" are gone soon!

Freda - hope you enjoyed this beautiful day. Looks like cold weather is coming next week. Enjoy!

I'm glad it is Friday - it seemed like a long week. We got a lot done though. I hauled MEAP (Michigan's NCLB standardized test) boxes all afternoon and I'm a bit stiff right now. It was good exercise though.

We have a farewell dinner party on Sun. night, so I think it is time to clean my closet this weekend. Put away some of the summer stuff and try on some things that have been lurking in the "fall" corner. I THINK I remember buying a great little black dress and tucking it away

Have a fun weekend all!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #95  

Good morning all,
Just another lovely day here. No plans yetm but i'm sure we will find something to do outside to take advantage. The back yard still needs to be cleaned up, prepared for colder days ahead. I just hate to do it now. It's like admitting summer is over and fall is actually here.

Laurie, Hope you find lots of nice surprised when you go through your closet. Don't you love those "ahh" moments when you find somthing you forgot you bought, try it on and it fits just right!

Hope everyone else is doing ok today.

Freda
Old 09-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #96  
Onward and Downward

Sore head has been added to the cold. Kyle is on his way.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #97  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

meowee!!! My gosh, looks like Kyle has Nova Scotia in its sights! Hunker down, girl!

Did everyone have a good weekend? Get all your chores done? Stay on track, get your exercise?

We've been having nice weather--perfect for long walks in the morning again. But it's supposed to heat up again a bit.

Jay
Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #98  

Hi, Turned into a lovely weekend here.

Linda, Hope you're feeling better.

Jay, yes, no, no, yes. Yes, had a great weekend. Got to see my DS's coach is first little league football game, and win. And no, got almost nothing else done, since they played a double with an hour off in between. and No, didn't stay on tract eating wise, but yes did get lots of exercise. If walking up and down bleachers and walking miles in the parking lot counts.

make it a good day, Freda
Old 09-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #99  
Onward and Downward

Kyle was actually pretty tame -- no major problems and now he has passed on out to sea. Still a bit windy, but the sun is actually shining off and on.

Wish the stupid 'hed cod' was being a nice to me. Nothing tastes right and so I've been overfeeding on comfort foods -- chocolate, pizza -- oh my. And doing no exercise at all since I seem to start coughing and sneezing at the very thought of it. This will soon by gone and I will be back on track again. Never fear.

Hope everybody else is doing great things for themselves . . .

PS -- Just started the October Accountability thread up in the Sticky area in case anyone is interested -- I'm definitely looking forward to a new start and am planning a great moving and shaking kind of month.

Last edited by meowee; 09-29-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Added the PS
Old 09-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

I'm always speed reading and getting things wrong! Linda, thought you said you were eating "chocolate pizza". I am thinking - Oh, I need that recipe!!!

Did you know that solid chocolate was invented in Torino, Italy? At least I read that on a website for Torino. I am going to put "eat chocolate" on my list of things to do in Italy.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, Thanks for your thoughts on aspertame. I'm going to try giving up all diet pop and see if that makes a differance.

DH took me to see Celine Dion on Friday night. It was a tremendous show. I flet like I was on a step climber with all the stairs at the Palace. It was a super weekend.

Now I need to get back to my exercise program.

Laurie We're getting ready for testing too. It's been very busy at work.

Jay I think it's great that you exercise the stress away.
Have a great day.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Sun is breaking through and the colours are looking great and I'm feeling almost human again. Now, based on the old "a cold lasts a week", it will be completely gone by tomorrow. Yeah, right.

Anyway, although this was definitely not a great OP month for me, my average for the month of September says 211 and I'm definitely taking the pound. Need the incentive to get me geared up for a really great and active October.

Hope your last day of September is a good one and I'll see you all next month.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #103  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Wow, you know, I missed most of Celine Dion's entire career! But she has an incredible voice. flowingair, can you name some of her hit songs?

meowee, I hope you continue to feel better! Glad that your hurricane was ho-hum.

Tomorrow is the Day of the Rat here... Should be interesting...

Jay
Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick little HI . . . things to do and places to go . . . hope October is off to a great start for each and every one of you.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #105  

Good Morning, It looks like it's going to be cool and wet here. Still nice enought to get out and take a walk this afternoon.

Hi Linda, How are you feeling? Hope that pesky cold is gone!

Gail, Eating chocolate in Italy is a mudy. Have a small piece for me too. And chocolate Pizza? you are thinking of chocolate, aren't you?

Flo, I've never seen Dion live, just on shows. I imagine it was spectacular. Some of her costumes are remininasant of Cher's. Which song is your favorite?

Jay, I'm sure Flo can name all her songs, but some of my favorites are:
That's the way it is.
It's all comming back to me now
My heart will go on
Because you loved me
All by myself

Flo
Closed Thread