Old 01-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #1  
Debbie

S/C/G: 296/218/160

Height: 5'3"

Default The Biggest Loser - Couples edition

So, how many of y'all watched the show?? I just love it. What a tacky thing that dad on the green team did. After just 1 week he was ready to go home and didn't care that his daughter wanted to stay at all. Had he never watched the show before? Didn't he know how hard they were going to work him?? Can we all say "self-centered"????

I think the pink team may be some trouble. The mother seems a little crude to me! And once again, how humiliating to dress those women as they do! I wouldn't wear that in my home, let alone on tv.

I was surprised that Jillian said she didn't like the arrangement this time with all the teams being couples. She said they were all bringing their enablers with them, and that was going to make it harder from the trainer's standpoint. When I saw all the promos for the program, the word "enabler" didn't occur to me. I was thinking how great the support would be.

I felt so bad for the purple team. They seemed so down that they were so young and were having so much trouble keeping up even with the older ones. I really hope they can pull through.

So, do you have a favorite yet??
Craftyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #2  
Joanne

S/C/G: 267/250/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi Debbie -- glad you started this. I have to admit I have never really cared for Biggest Loser. Too much whining and the weight loss seemed too unbelievable - that said I will be watching this edition. Actually I am watching Biggest Loser Australia and have become very very fond of the contestants. Bob and Jillian were there with them - so much the same format but little or almost zero whining. I guess my tolerance for whining disappears -- heck you signed up -- did they think it would be a walk in the park --- ie the Dad that got eliminated.

I quite like the dynamics of this couples challenge -- not sure if I have a fav yet -- glad to see green go - feel bad for the daughter. Sort of wish the Pink team was let go -- can't stand the mom (hmmm sensing a theme LOL). I would love to see the two ex football guys do well as well as the stranger team - lets see what the next couple of weeks brings
Jayjay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I'm hoping that they re-run the episode. I missed it.

I'll join in after next week.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #4  

I Missed It Too, And I Usually Watch It. I Don't Think It's Realistic To Expect Anyone To Loose That Much Weight In That Amount Of Time, And It Sets A Lot Of People Up For Thinking That They Aren't Doing Well. We're Seeing Just A Bit Of What Happens. Those People Are Exercising 23/7 Almost And They Are In A Controled Situtation. I Read One Account Of A Contestant Taking A "celeric Enema" Before The Weight In, So She Could Lose More Weight. I Like The Fact That You Can See The Before And After And It Does Make You Realize The Difference It Makes.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #5  

Hmmmm - I was kind of hoping for the yellow team to go instead of the brown. Better yet - how about getting rid of that guy on the white team?

Lynn
Old 01-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #6  
Joanne

Dang I only got to see the second half (what's with the two hour show???). I have to admit I was pleased that the weight losses were more realistic this time out. What happened to the White guy?? I heard some rumblings during the weigh in.

I was in tears seeing how well the Brown team did after they went home. Lynn I agreed I would have preferred to see them remain but on the flip side I doubt if the yellow team would have rocked it as well.

One comment and I say it as a heavy woman. The yellow guy keeps commenting on how three generations of his male relatives have died before they were 50 - so why the HE** would you allow yourself to get so heavy??? Its just plain laziness and stupidity and he did it again eating all that crap during the temptation -- IDIOT!!! Or am I missing something???
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay55 View Post
One comment and I say it as a heavy woman. The yellow guy keeps commenting on how three generations of his male relatives have died before they were 50 - so why the HE** would you allow yourself to get so heavy??? Its just plain laziness and stupidity and he did it again eating all that crap during the temptation -- IDIOT!!! Or am I missing something???
Hmmm - but then, what does that say about us? I'm with you about the temptation - that was just STUPID on all of their parts. But about the weight gain in the first place - aren't we all risking our health by getting overweight? I've been classified as "obese" during most of my adult life. I'm not willing to classify myself, him, or any of us as lazy or stupid. I think it's a genetic predisposition coupled with misinformation about weight loss coupled with the pressures of our lives & our society.

Have you read "Rethinking Thin?" It's a GREAT book.

Lynn
Old 01-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #8  
Half-marathoner.

S/C/G: 175/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I'm absolutely OBSESSED with the show, WHEN I watch it. I'm never consistent but I never really turn on my television these days, either.
thirty3zenlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/168/155

Height: 5'6"

I love the show. Especially the hints they give. I don't particularly like the back biting. And I knew last week when they all decided to work to get the black team off it would come back and bite them in the A--. And it did. I just don't see how some of them survive the workouts. Especially Jillian's!!
Riverratsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverratsal View Post
I love the show. Especially the hints they give. I don't particularly like the back biting. And I knew last week when they all decided to work to get the black team off it would come back and bite them in the A--. And it did. I just don't see how some of them survive the workouts. Especially Jillian's!!
I was REALLY glad when the Black team got immunity. I'm voting for the Orange team to go next.

Lynn
Old 02-22-2008, 06:18 AM   #11  

OK - Anyone else ready for Mark to go next?

Lynn
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #12  
Joanne

Lynn I was so over Mark from the get go - he is a harsh human being.

Ok did you notice how much Paul's "girlfriend Julie" resembled Kelly -- glad to see him go too.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay55 View Post
Lynn I was so over Mark from the get go - he is a harsh human being.

Ok did you notice how much Paul's "girlfriend Julie" resembled Kelly -- glad to see him go too.
No - I didn't catch the resemblance - probably wasn't paying too much attention - I'm with you - I was glad to see him go also.

Do you think that the producers of the program show you negative clips just before someone goes? Seems like as soon as I'm really sick of someone they're OUT.

Lynn